Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Slip on into the Turbulent Timeways Beginning March 28

Slip on into the Turbulent Timeways Beginning March 28
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The Bronze Dragonflight has discovered growing disturbances in the timeways, with several rapidly intersecting our own!

Beginning the week of March 28, players can Timewalk through a previous expansion each week for six consecutive weeks. This grand tour through World of Warcraft’s past will start with Cataclysm and end with Wrath of the Lich King.

Also, for a limited time, the Timewalking quest in Valdrakken from Kazra will offer an increased reward—a Heroic level Cache of Vault Treasures with items level 402-411. The reward upgrade is only available for this special Timewalking event. After Turbulent Timewalking has run its course, the reward returns to ilvl 389 Cache of Vault Treasures.

Don’t Let Time Pass You By

Here’s the expansion timeline for Turbulent Timeways:

• Week of March 28: Cataclysm
    • Week of April 4: Mists of Pandaria
    • Week of April 11: Warlords of Draenor
    • Week of April 18: Legion
    • Week of April 25: The Burning Crusade
    • Week of May 2: The Wrath of the Lich King

Mark your calendar, gather your allies, and prepare to take a Timewalking adventure!

Cool ! Timewalking should be always active, so this is a step in the right direction.

I would really like for blizzard to do the following :
    For a couple of month prior the end of each season, One chosen raid from a past expansion is visited by a timewalker dragon enabling heroes to raise the difficulty to the same level of the latest available raid. For instance, if they make 5.2 Throne of Thunder available, there would be a normal and heroic version available to players in flex mode 10-30 players for a couple of months prior the release of next patch and these difficulties should match the ones of Vault of the Incarnates.

7+ Year Old Account
    Meh .... I usually use the normal chest to farm the Rasza normal bow transmog, since I already own the heroic one. Seems like I don't have to do timewalking for the next six weeks than :X

So... am I reading this right, in that for the next 6 weeks there will be a Timewalking quest each week? Rewarding a heroic level Cache each time?

Because that'd be amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Cool ! Timewalking should be always active, so this is a step in the right direction.
    Agreed 100%
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    So... am I reading this right, in that for the next 6 weeks there will be a Timewalking quest each week? Rewarding a heroic level Cache each time?

Because that'd be amazing.
    Yep.

Great time to start prepping alts for next patch.

Timewalking should become a permanent thing and it should include those old zones as well as crafting (basically bake Chromie Time into it). Each Timewalking event should also last longer, maybe 1-3 months?

The items you get from doing that content (incl. quest/daily/rep rewards and crafting) should obviously never be better than what you get in Dragonflight, but they should be good enough for gearing up alts AND the gear should be significantly increased in itemlevel/power when in those timewalking zones and when doing that timewalking content. For example you get a Cataclysm item that is maybe ilvl370 (maybe the best ever gear you can get is normal raid equivalent or between normal and heroic), but in Cataclysm content it scales to ilvl408 just like PVP gear scales in PVP content.

This way we would always have an alternative to the current content, primarily tailored for alts, but also for mains when you are just bored of the current content (and especially during content droughts), but want to keep playing.

This could also prove to be a solution to the issue with Classic where maybe we don't need to re-release every expansion again, but just keep Classic to the first 3 versions (and maybe add new Classic content), since the gameplay and all that is very different than the Retail version (tbh Wrath already feels a lot like modern WoW), unlike Cata, MoP, WoD, Legion etc. which feel mostly the same as Dragonflight in terms of progression and gameplay.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2023-03-20 at 09:02 PM.

Seems like a decent idea to get people some gear in preparation for 10.1. Also probably means 10.1 will release the week after, so they can squeeze the RWF in before D4 releases (which most people expected they would).

This is a great way to sunset patches. I imagine they'll do something similar in 10.1.7 leading into 10.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Meh .... I usually use the normal chest to farm the Rasza normal bow transmog, since I already own the heroic one. Seems like I don't have to do timewalking for the next six weeks than :X
    do u have the mount from the 2 raid necks?

TBH it really makes me want to quit IRL commitments and start the grind

Good move Blizz.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    This. Not to be that guy—again—but one of my favorite things about FF14 is that if I want to do an old dungeon or raid, there are options to sync iLvl and character level for a group and they can just do it again whenever they want. Granted, there's a vast difference between 14's very consistent level:skill progression between xpacs and how radically some classes and even core mechanics change between each xpac in WoW, which makes the balancing act of "just sync it" different.

But they already have Timewalking, so... let me run my favorite damnass older dungeons all the time, cowards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

I think it'd be a good idea every mid-season to reintroduce an old raid. Help break up the boredom and give players way more loot to help get past any humps AND the hard core group something new to do.

Bit weird the order, why is tbc and wrath last and not the first two.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Bit weird the order, why is tbc and wrath last and not the first two.
    My guess is because we just had wotlk timewalking a week (or two) ago.

I'm always down for more timewalking content.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I would really like for blizzard to do the following :
    For a couple of month prior the end of each season, One chosen raid from a past expansion is visited by a timewalker dragon enabling heroes to raise the difficulty to the same level of the latest available raid. For instance, if they make 5.2 Throne of Thunder available, there would be a normal and heroic version available to players in flex mode 10-30 players for a couple of months prior the release of next patch and these difficulties should match the ones of Vault of the Incarnates.
    I love this idea. The lazy part of me would request a scaled lfr version as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    do u have the mount from the 2 raid necks?
    Yes of course :P

#TEAMGIRAFFE

6 weeks straight of botters botting timewalking and I bet Blizzard doesn't ban a single one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do all of these have raids? or is is still just bc, cata, and wotlk?