Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ngl when they DO introduce classic flying, the amount of sitting ducks flying at glacial speeds begging me to knock them off their mounts is gonna make me hate the 15s cooldown on the ability.

I don't think I've ever ran into a "ah schucks I'm out of Vigor" problem since getting all the glyphs, skyward ascent while pointing your mount upwards is just that powerful. I'm more groaning every time I have to fly in old world content for M+ or mog farming etc and it taking twenty decades in comparison to get anywhere

dragonriding sucks or at least is totally forgettable . I dont get all the people (youtubers and players) who say it's one of the best feature of the xpack... I just totally prefer the plain old mount system, I feel free when I go to the "old world" dungeons in flying mount... I can just hit auto run and afk while I go from point A to B, no need to "spam" these stupid flying spells

The only thing it changes for me, it's sometimes faster but must of the time i just have to wait for these damn dragon balls to recharge.. I have all the glyphs since "week 1" and it STILL sucks sorry. Btw I have the default dragon, I dont care about dragon customization either, almost everyone is using the same models anyway

Oh and the worst of it is when you're farming herbs and shit... even with the 40 talent that lets you gather while mounted, it's still a pain to farm...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Get all the glyphs?
    It was somewhat miserable but it seems that you don't get the mechanic? I mean, there were like 3-4 glyphs where I definitely stopped and waited to gain vigor so I can get up this building then wait a bit more so I could get to the glyph, but that was far and few in between.

I still fly to my m+ dungeons instead of using portals just because it's so cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't classic flying be superior for straight line flying? Gaining/losing altitude is much faster in dragon riding mount and if you keep straight line, you will lose vigor slowly. Precision flying is what makes it fun for me , like doing narrow passes or hugging the terrain in the plains at top speed is amazing.
    In the meantime, I'm always using the flightmasters (my friends too...) because I hate dragonriding. Dragonriding is not fun and doesn't add anything to the game except ANNOYANCE
    Last edited by vashe9; 2023-03-21 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Don't worry, we're experiencing through the next few patches at the Flightmasters are learning about Dragonriding, and most likely will ad it for future content, and most likely along side old world flight, then you can use the old world flight if you are not as keen on having more speed at the cost of paying atten tion.
    I hope. Blizzard just don't understand, that some players have their favorite gameplay from WotLK/Cata and trying to take this gameplay away is counter-productive.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Or if you are really bad at it like I was - it can take 3-4 hours, but be it 1 hour or 4 hours - get them all and life will be easy.
    But how even? I feel like even if you didn't have a guide over where they're located flying around the entire dragon isles wouldn't take 4 hours unless you didn't get upgrades as you got glyphs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I hope. Blizzard just don't understand, that some players have their favorite gameplay from WotLK/Cata and trying to take this gameplay away is counter-productive.
    Probably not, Blizzard are already aware that a lot of their players are old and nostalgic and catering exclusively to nostalgia is kind of why Classic exists.

Get the glyphs. I personally find the system enjoyable but to give you a decent sense of it becoming powerful the basic level is far too restrictive. I quested through the first zone just collecting the ones I came across naturally but then decided fuck it and got the handy notes guide. It's much better fully glyphed and while it does take a bit of attention and resource management it feels nowhere near as restrictive as it does at the start.

The only good thing about dragonriding is the speed for long distance. Everything else is a pain. You want to hop relatively short distances or on top of the 2-storey building you're standing next to? Good luck with that. "GeT aLL tHe GlYpHs" ... yeah that doesn't fix the fundamental flaws of the mechanic. I would much rather they add the high speed to normal mounts, except it starts off at the current speed and gradually increases, so you still get the easy manoeuvrability for short distances plus the benefit of higher speeds for longer distances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    They aren't taking any of the old gameplay away? I mean, you can just stay in the past? I am almost 100% certain that when Dragonriding goes for the rest of the world, the old will stay, or Dragonriding will be updated so that you can act like the old (highly doubt that one though).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Lmao another "dragonriding bad because I don't wanna learn" thread.
    There are many-many guides for efficient flying and making good use of vigor for unlimited flight. There's a learning curve, but it's not particularly steep.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Get all the glyphs?
    It was somewhat miserable but it seems that you don't get the mechanic? I mean, there were like 3-4 glyphs where I definitely stopped and waited to gain vigor so I can get up this building then wait a bit more so I could get to the glyph, but that was far and few in between.

I still fly to my m+ dungeons instead of using portals just because it's so cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't classic flying be superior for straight line flying? Gaining/losing altitude is much faster in dragon riding mount and if you keep straight line, you will lose vigor slowly. Precision flying is what makes it fun for me , like doing narrow passes or hugging the terrain in the plains at top speed is amazing.
    The problem I have is the (frequently) mattress-like handling when trying to land on a pinnacle or within an upper story of a tower. There's also the comedy of the mount bouncing along the ground like a moron when landing on a slope.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    In the meantime, I'm always using the flightmasters (my friends too...) because I hate dragonriding. Dragonriding is not fun and doesn't add anything to the game except ANNOYANCE
    And contrary to you I prefer to use Dragonriding instead of flight masters because it's fun and it keeps me actively playing the game and not just tabbing out to watch YouTube and whatever.

It's so satisfying to go at full speed and zoom around trees and under stone arches. I often push myself to try more and more daring dives and going through openings that is technically too small for me and my drake. Why? Because I find it fun and engaging.
    Regular flying is just click autorun and forget. So boring and time-consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    And contrary to you I prefer to use Dragonriding instead of flight masters because it's fun and it keeps me actively playing the game and not just tabbing out to watch YouTube and whatever.

It's so satisfying to go at full speed and zoom around trees and under stone arches. I often push myself to try more and more daring dives and going through openings that is technically too small for me and my drake. Why? Because I find it fun and engaging.
    Regular flying is just click autorun and forget. So boring and time-consuming.
    It's because we are probably not the same kind of players. I don't care about lore anymore since Cataclysm, I don't care about content outside of mm+ (and maybe raids but I have no mythic guild anymore). Every World content feels like a chore for me, it's not fun nor challenging... (who the hell like these "world event" aoe f***fests ? certainly not me !) For me, the mount system is just a system to help me farm herbs and go to the dungeons... I never enjoyed exploration in wow, and never will. They could scrap all the world content and make wow a "quest hub" where you can queue/instant teleport from the capital city to any dungeon... and I'd be really happy.

I've been playing this game for too long (since wow vanilla) to be interested in trivial world content or exploration

Thank goodness flightmasters still exist and I can just AFK until I'm at the dungeon, if I had the choice I'd always use "old 310% mounts" any day. Even if it's technically "slower"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shaltharian View Post
    Lmao another "dragonriding bad because I don't wanna learn" thread.
    There are many-many guides for efficient flying and making good use of vigor for unlimited flight. There's a learning curve, but it's not particularly steep.
    please explain me how to 'optimize' anything when 1) you're starting at the bottom of a valley 2) you're gathering herbs and 3 herbs are in the same zone but not on the same height... => The only solution is to wait for these balls to recharge... Super engaging gameplay indeed ! so much fun ! wow !
    Last edited by vashe9; 2023-03-21 at 11:50 AM.

Funnily enough, dragonriding actually hinders exploration, because you're travelling too fast over the landscape to pick out or stop at all the various landmarks that you might want to explore, and because dragonriding sucks when you want to keep stopping or moving short distances between landmarks you feel less inclined to do it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Or if you are really bad at it like I was - it can take 3-4 hours, but be it 1 hour or 4 hours - get them all and life will be easy.
    Just download the addon and make your life easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    But how even?
    Because I find Dragonflying very challenging due to disability - but once I get all the glyphs I can use it sufficiently well to do most stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Just download the addon and make your life easier.

I did download the addon, that's why it only took 4 hours.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a skill issue. I am able to fly just fine with base dragonriding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

it's trash without all the glyphs,

if you can, grab a buddy/guildmate who's maxed out on it to give you a ride through all the glyphs. they just have to make sure that the little passenger welpling hits the glyph to collect it.
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Sounds like a skill issue. I am able to fly just fine with base dragonriding.
    Skill issue just to press 3 different boost buttons ?... lol seriously... You think you're better because you're "managing" this stupid dragonrinding system ? Holy s***.... Even with ALL THE GLYPHS it's still annoying as hell when you're NOT starting from a high place. PERIOD.
    INDEED you can go to the any part in the world when you're starting from Valdrakken, yes, absolutely. Is it fun ? Absolutely not, is it "more fun" than just clicking on a fly path ? Absolutely not... Does it require skill ? Absolutely not. What's even the point ? Just give us dragonriding with just short cooldowns and no stupid orbs...
    Last edited by vashe9; 2023-03-21 at 12:29 PM.

the biggest problem with dragonriding is that when you first learn it, it is indeed very poor due to the lack of glyphs. once you've unlocked a few talents it gets much better but it makes for a very poor first impression and it's a system that does take some getting used to. overall I think the system is pretty good but they really should have worked more on making it fun from the start so that people wouldn't be put off

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    please explain me how to 'optimize' anything when 1) you're starting at the bottom of a valley 2) you're gathering herbs and 3 herbs are in the same zone but not on the same height... => The only solution is to wait for these balls to recharge... Super engaging gameplay indeed ! so much fun ! wow !
    Sure: Get the dragonriding trait that recharges your vigor after gathering. Gather a herb But don't start flying until the 3 second gathering buff wears off! Last step is important, so you have to wait 3 seconds after you've finished gathering on the ground, because you vigor only regenerates on the ground and while soaring. In those 3 seconds you regenerate at least one vigor, plus the time you spend gathering makes the gathering process entirely vigor-positive, since you get more vigor than you lose by starting again.
    So assuming you are in a valley and you start at 6 vigor (which you should since you are in a valley, which means you've recharged while flying down there): You Skyward Ascent up to the height of the first herb (should take 2-3 vigor, always wait until the animation is finished), glide horizontally to gather it, wait 3 seconds, recharge 1 vigor, Ascent to the next herb (takes 2 vigor), gather it, recharge one vigor, Ascent to the next Herb, etc. By now you should have at least 2 vigor left and since you've ascended 6 times you are probably ontop of a mountain.

And all the people crying here will be the first people to cry, when normal flying is unlocked in DF content. Because compared to Dragonflying it just sucks and is half as fast. But sure, get exited that you can go afk again. Because you obviously play a game to go afk
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2023-03-21 at 12:34 PM.

I have that traits and it doesn't hellp, when you land you have to spend one ball to take off... I'm not playing to stay afk, I'm playing to do relevant content which requires you to use your characters spells and attack the best way possible to maximize output. You know, something called mm+ ? Why do I need to be "engaged" when I'm flying to the dungeon waiting for other people to join ? I really don't get people like you, seriously...
    Last edited by vashe9; 2023-03-21 at 12:45 PM.