Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    A common mistake for players with little M+ experience is holding cooldowns for too long. You'd be surprised how quick 1-2 minutes goes by. Unless you're on the pack before a particularly challenging Tyrannical boss or the pack is about to die, just hit the button.
    I want to reiterate this one too. Especially with Anger Management, those CDs come back up pretty fast and can be used quite often.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

In M+, as a general rule never hold cooldowns. There's some nuance to it once you get more in-depth, but until you learn those you're almost always better off just always pressing your buttons ASAP rather than holding them and doing it incorrectly. You'll do better on average that way, even if it's not 100% optimal. Though of course you shouldn't blow them in the very obviously useless spots, like one mob left with 10% HP or whatever

M+ really follows different rules than raiding, in that it's not just the bosses that matter. Trash clear speed is absolutely relevant in M+ and very often a source of great damage (and therefore great time saved). Don't hold your CDs for bosses unless it's absolutely necessary for some mechanic or whatever. Overall damage is what counts in M+, not boss-specific performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    That's one of the things that require you to play the game outside of M+ as well.

There's an upgrade console in Thaldraszus which can turn Season 1 gear into Tier.
    couldn't he get the 100% from m+ only and upgrade pieces from m+ only ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You can only upgrade mythic plus items and crafted items, and you need certain rating in mythic plus to upgrade past a certain level.
    i don't think crafted items can be upgraded with valor

Why are people giving this guy false information ?

I'll add to this, your trinket aren't exactly DPS focused, don't sleep on good dps trinkets, they do make a difference !

Here's a short sim assuming you're running M+3s for loot, you can see proper trinkets would bump your dps a fair bit.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...qDGJPvwTQvUEZ6

As far as general M+ tips, don't hold CDs, press more buttons and keep grinding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofbelbol View Post
    i don't think crafted items can be upgraded with valor

Why are people giving this guy false information ?

The statement that crafted items are upgradeable is true though, just not with valor. I don't think the poster you were quoting was implying that you could use valor, but I could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

You missed the memo and forgot to reroll fdk.
    Deaths advance, magic shell and ibf are ultimate laziness, and triple cleaving obliterates with patch are icing.
    Of the two warrior specs I do find arms to be traditionally the more forgiving with downtime and inefficient movement. Fury is easy but you cant afford to be inefficient with how you handle mechanics.

How is Arms now? I thought it had some CD issues and wonky slow rotation compared to Fury?

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Arms is actually really engaging to play. You allways have something to press and the dps is really good. I play casually now and Fury felt really slugish so I checked Arms out and oh boy the difference was real. Hitting rampage feels like rubbing a sandpaper on a wood but hitting Mortal strike with 2 stacks of overpower buff and 2 stacks of execute debuff feels like the guys in wood chopping competitions that chomp trough a log with like 5 swings of an axe

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    I'll add to this, your trinket aren't exactly DPS focused, don't sleep on good dps trinkets, they do make a difference !

Here's a short sim assuming you're running M+3s for loot, you can see proper trinkets would bump your dps a fair bit.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...qDGJPvwTQvUEZ6

As far as general M+ tips, don't hold CDs, press more buttons and keep grinding.

- - - Updated - - -

The statement that crafted items are upgradeable is true though, just not with valor. I don't think the poster you were quoting was implying that you could use valor, but I could be wrong.
    Same here i could be wrong, maybe he meant as a whole but the way he worded is confusing so dunno

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    Arms is actually really engaging to play. You allways have something to press and the dps is really good. I play casually now and Fury felt really slugish so I checked Arms out and oh boy the difference was real. Hitting rampage feels like rubbing a sandpaper on a wood but hitting Mortal strike with 2 stacks of overpower buff and 2 stacks of execute debuff feels like the guys in wood chopping competitions that chomp trough a log with like 5 swings of an axe
    Nice

Any good Arms guides? Or just wowhead M+ build?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I'm a casual WoW player nowadays, and I have a lot of alts, this month been paying my Fury Warrior alt a little more, and the few lower keyed M+ I run, I'm always 3rd place in DPS, or couple times worse than the Tank even. Ugh.

What could be giving me such low DPS?

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com...aran/dingowar/
    1st of all prob ur gear is much lower than the others. Ill ask you the question. Have you ever played m+ or any high endgame ? How long you playin WoW? As i see your mmo acc have already few years so prob you are old style player. Playstyle changed past few years. Now its really button clash. You need to just hurry and spend ur CDs every refresh and keep proper rotation especially in M+ And yes. WoW is now action game. And use some guides from wowhead/icyveins. They are very helpful if you want to improve ur self.
    Last edited by czarek; 2023-03-21 at 01:55 PM.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Nice

Any good Arms guides? Or just wowhead M+ build?
    I just imported a build from wowhead (I think they are made by Archimtiros and he's THE warrior guy) played with it for a bit then made some changes for my preferences

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    1st of all prob ur gear is much lower than the others. Ill ask you the question. Have you ever played m+ or any high endgame ? How long you playin WoW? As i see your mmo acc have already few years so prob you are old style player. Playstyle changed past few years. Now its really button clash. You need to just hurry and spend ur CDs every refresh and keep proper rotation especially in M+ And yes. WoW is now action game.
    I've been playing since November 2004 when WoW launched. Always been a casual player, except I did go [H]ardcore in two expansions, MoP and Legion when I took Raiding serious, was in a guild running current Heroic Raids and in Legion would do M+ keys up to 15. Was never top DPS always mediocre. I typically was the off Tank.

Then in BfA and Sh!ttylands got way more casual, never Raiding anymore and only do M+ keys under 10. Just played a million alts and did transmog runs mostly. And kept my gear up by just WQs and LFR and some low key M+ in the last 2 expansions. Mostly Tanking and sometimes dps.

Now in Dragonflight, I started off on my new main a Demo Warlock which is currently i402 and has good enough gear for me right now, but playing caster classes were never my thing. I'm new to aorll casters and don't really care for them, tried a Fire Mage was weak AF. And my Warlock is cool, only "fun" spec is Destruction, but it's not in a good spot in DF, so I play Demonology, which is a bit chaotic to play and I hate having to stand still to cast certain spells, that's a major turnoff.

I've always preferred and played Plate classes; Paladin, Warrior, Death Knight. I just prefer melee like those. The exception being Demon Hunter I do like that class alot, I actually prefer Vengeance taking over Havoc dps.

In my 18 years playing WoW probably a Tank spec 70% of the time and dps 30%, but lately getting away from Tanking as the only tank I truly find fun is Veng DH right now.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2023-03-21 at 02:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing since November 2004 when WoW launched. Always been a casual player, except I did go [H]ardcore in two expansions, MoP and Legion when I took Raiding serious, was in a guild running current Heroic Raids and in Legion would do M+ keys up to 15. Was never top DPS always mediocre. I typically was the off Tank.

Then in BfA and Sh!ttylands got way more casual, never Raiding anymore and only do M+ keys under 10. Just played a million alts and did transmog runs mostly. And kept my gear up by just WQs and LFR and some low key M+ in the last 2 expansions. Mostly Tanking and sometimes dps.

Now in Dragonflight, I started off on my new main a Demo Warlock which is currently i402 and has good enough gear for me right now, but playing caster classes were never my thing. I'm new to aorll casters and don't really care for them, tried a Fire Mage was weak AF. And my Warlock is cool, only "fun" spec is Destruction, but it's not in a good spot in DF, so I play Demonology, which is a bit chaotic to play and I hate having to stand still to cast certain spells, that's a major turnoff.

I've always preferred and played Plate classes; Paladin, Warrior, Death Knight. I just prefer melee like those. The exception being Demon Hunter I do like that class alot, I actually prefer Vengeance taking over Havoc dps.

In my 18 years playing WoW probably a Tank spec 70% of the time and dps 30%, but lately getting away from Tanking as the only tank I truly find fun is Veng DH right now.
    Oh thats a lot of time im playin since early 2005 with some time gaps. I remember i was really shocked how i cant do good dps after long break between late wotlk and legion or bfa dun remember :P I was playin tank/healers since late wotlk till legion/bfa and was used to more like classic dps style with dont overagro, CC use CD`s wisely. Now im dpser again and i really do love it.

With the help and tips in this thread, I made changes last night to my talents and picked up a few new pieces of gear and I noticed it just feel smoother and like I'm hitting harder but I haven't checked a damage meter but it sure does feel different and better now.

There's something addicting to the way Fury plays when it's so fast and just bam bam bam. I really enjoy that.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2023-03-21 at 02:38 PM.

So I killed Cascade and got the sword, thanks. But then went to the item Upgrade NPC and it said that sword can't be upgraded.
    So my bad on not being clear about that. Loot from Rares/WQs can scale up to *i think* 385. They come that way tho. They cant be upgraded. Its either 385 or 382 and thats it. Judging by the gear/ilvl you had, it should have scaled between 379 and 382 which would still be an upgrade.

What server are you on? You can PM me if youd like. If we're on the same cluster, I can help a bit
    Last edited by babalou1; 2023-03-21 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    So my bad on not being clear about that. Loot from Rares/WQs can scale up to *i think* 385. They come that way tho. They cant be upgraded. Its either 385 or 382 and thats it. Judging by the gear/ilvl you had, it should have scaled between 379 and 382 which would still be an upgrade.

What server are you on? You can PM me if youd like. If we're on the same cluster, I can help a bit
    Yes of course, I'm sorry for misunderstanding that, makes sense. So if my iLvl was higher than the current i377, let's say I was i387 or something, the sword drop wouldn't have been i369, but possibly i380+.

This character is an Alliance - Night Elf - Dalaran server.

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com...laran/dingowar
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2023-03-21 at 04:38 PM.

No, thats on me. I thought your ilvl was a little higher than that and yes, it could have scaled higher if you ilvl was higher. It does stop scaling at a certain point though. Its just hard to hit that point and still need Rare mob drops.

Lucky you then lol. So after todays down time, there will be new content and catch up mechanics. So I dont know how long base spark items will last with the new content. I do know there are tokens that drop that give you a 385 pieces including weapons.

How is your gold situation? You should definitely still get a Lariat with 1 of your 5 sparks. If you want a weapon (2 sparks each), Ill craft you that. All you need is the primal essences. Just send the work order to me and uncheck all the boxes. I'll use my mats and do that for you. That'll give you a 395 weapon (or 2 if you want to use all of your sparks). Lariat is still a must though i believe.

dont craft a ring. you'll get one a little bit into the new zone once the patch comes up

Sent you a PM as well.
    Last edited by babalou1; 2023-03-21 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    No, thats on me. I thought your ilvl was a little higher than that and yes, it could have scaled higher if you ilvl was higher. It does stop scaling at a certain point though. Its just hard to hit that point and still need Rare mob drops.

Lucky you then lol. So after todays down time, there will be new content and catch up mechanics. So I dont know how long base spark items will last with the new content. I do know there are tokens that drop that give you a 385 pieces including weapons.

How is your gold situation? You should definitely still get a Lariat with 1 of your 5 sparks. If you want a weapon (2 sparks each), Ill craft you that. All you need is the primal essences. Just send the work order to me and uncheck all the boxes. I'll use my mats and do that for you. That'll give you a 395 weapon (or 2 if you want to use all of your sparks). Lariat is still a must though i believe.

dont craft a ring. you'll get one a little bit into the new zone once the patch comes up

Sent you a PM as well.
    Sweeet, thank you I'll be on later tonight.

Since i mentioned it: The BoA catch-up gear tokens start at 385 item level, can be upgraded to 395, and are convertible into Season 1 tier gear via the Revival Catalyst.

i385 gear is dropping left and right in the new Forbidden zone. They're not all for the class you're playing at the moment, but if you have lots of alts there's the gear you can mail to other characters on the same account.

Just played for about an hour or so. Last night. I got eight different pieces of gear. Two for my warrior and six for other alts.

And then there's also these things that drop. I got two of them that will increase that gear by 10 to i395.

So even if you're casual player, you should be able to get to i390/i395 rather quick.