Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    Sounds fair but why would need catch up grar then?
    It might be hard to understand if you're an M+er or a raider, but the outdoor content takes a while to gear up in if you don't do those things, and it caps out at a level that leaves a lot of the content difficult to do on one's own. Catch up gear lets those players get stronger in the content they want to do by doing the content they want to do - as it should be for every aspect of the game - and makes it easier for them to do the content without having to rely on other people happening to be in the zone (hunts, rares, the siege, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    this patch is a joke.

its basicly "go collect your catch up gear " that you will replace in 2 months with catch up gear of 10.1

its waste of time and resources.
    It's a x.0.5 patch, what have you been expecting?

15+ Year Old Account
    Aka boring af with nothing worth to return for.

The negativity in this thread is so peak MMO-C.

We're getting new story, class balancing, catch up gear for alts.

Not every patch needs to have stuff for everyone. The casual folks don't get upset when a new raid comes out.

Is this worse than having nothing and just grinding VotC or M+ for the next two months? Yeah it's not a massive heap of stuff, but surely it's got to be better than nothing?

Check out that schnozz!

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    She should have asked about the drop percentage of those gear catchup tokens ! cause if you get tokens like the previous expansions ! i wouldnt count on them to gear up a fresh alt anyone that played in PTR tested this ??
    I got 4 of them in roughly an hour of running around Forbidden Reach, and one more for just going to FR in a quest. Only change from previous catchup tokens like in Nazjatar is that the items are armor class-restricted (so plate/mail/leather/cloth).

Quote Originally Posted by Shinchi Migi View Post
    Not sure why I am late to the party, but I just now realized how negative people are on these forums. Like salty as hell. Not sure anything will go right for them as far as WoW is concerned. Like why even play the game just to come out on the other end salty and pissed off.
    Or, you know, maybe they have a point, your attempt to categorically eliminate them from conversation notwithstanding.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

We all paid more for an expansion with less content. Gearing alts and rep grinds is hardly content.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Or, you know, maybe they have a point, your attempt to categorically eliminate them from conversation notwithstanding.
    No they don't have a point. Basically all they are saying is "I don't like this content therefore it should not exist. The game should cater solely to me". That is growing entitlement,

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    No they don't have a point. Basically all they are saying is "I don't like this content therefore it should not exist. The game should cater solely to me". That is growing entitlement,
    Well, no, that's not what the person I was responding to was complaining about. He was complaining about negativity, period.

Are you claiming that any sufficiently intense negativity implies the person is saying the content "should not exist", and therefore that negativity is inherently illegitimate? That would be the same categorical dismissal I was objecting to.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"