Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Graphics and gameplay are top quality.

Only concern i have is with endgame diversity and replayability. Guess we'll see.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lack of an overlay really. The UI isn't completely awful, but it could use some more preset locations (at the very least) or some UI scalability on the PC. I felt like the UI took up too much real estate and didn't display enough information (like stun duration, freeze duration).

It's certainly a workable UI. The lack of an overlay is the thing that stands out the most. I don't know what a mobile game UI looks like because I don't play games on my phone, but the UI certainly was developed for menus with consoles in mind.

D4 just has to be different in regards to post launch support. If the seasonal content isn't meaty the game will by 'community' standards feel like a failure. Regardless it will be a commercial success no matter what, much like D3 was.

I played the original D3 quite a bit (there was no other real ARPGs at the time, and PoE was in it's infancy), and while RoS was an improvement over the game, it was also quite shallow. Rifts were good originally but were the main source of end game for the entire duration of D3. There were only three real seasons over the (28?) seasons that actually stood out. I played the first several seasons of the game and basically after a season or two of the cube being released just stopped. Occasionally coming back for 2-3 days to check it out, being sort of disappointed that the seasonal changes never really carried over since the early introduction of the cube. I think late in it's development cycle they updated followers a lot (but I didn't play that season), and the final season of D3 (the one that just released were really good). Essentially, 3 out of the 28 seasons were impactful and only like 6-7 of them I played for more than a week (the last season, and essentially the early seasons). A couple others I played for 2-3 days only to realize it was the same game.

Hopefully D4s post launch seasonal content is more than double blood shards or season of treasure goblins. The game doesn't have to be the same game as PoE and people wanting that should honestly just play a different game. The only thing that it needs that should be compared to PoE is that the seasonal content is just as meaty, if not more. It shouldn't be afraid to add new systems to the game and expand the base game, or if features are just lacking, replace some shit with new shit (something PoE is unironically terrible at, and lately is afraid to actually add seasonal content to the game).

I recall that Blizzard itself declared they have an “army of devs” dedicated to continuously fix and improve the game season after season. At least during the first 3 years imho it will be way more supported than D3 was, unless it flops badly sells wise (but I don’t think so and there are also mtx).

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure the launch isn't actually S1 either, and S1 is suppose to launch a month or so after the initial release of the game. Ideally some of the major critiques of the game are addressed before the launch, but at the most addressed before S1 of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I recall that Blizzard itself declared they have an “army of devs” dedicated to continuously fix and improve the game season after season. At least during the first 3 years imho it will be way more supported than D3 was, unless it flops badly sells wise (but I don’t think so and there are also mtx).
    Honestly I would expect an expansion to be announced with those three years anyhow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I'm pretty sure the launch isn't actually S1 either, and S1 is suppose to launch a month or so after the initial release of the game. Ideally some of the major critiques of the game are addressed before the launch, but at the most addressed before S1 of the game.
    Yeah that much was confirmed. I would hope that S1 launch would at least carry ability tuning to promote build diversity and balance (though other concerns are probably much more complex and would need more time).

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly I would expect an expansion to be announced with those three years anyhow.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that much was confirmed. I would hope that S1 launch would at least carry ability tuning to promote build diversity and balance (though other concerns are probably much more complex and would need more time).
    I think there will be several expansions. Every expansion will add a new zone and a new class plus some new mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidDrake View Post
    I loved playing DS2 , but the minimal updates it had just caused me to stop the grind all together.

I wanted to know what sort of game D4 will be? It will have update contents, freshly new features and will be supported more than D3? Or will it be "get to a certain level and grind till you gain the last levels?'
    Well unless Blizzard is completely out of their fucking minds and want a repeat of D3 - I sure as hell hope they will have a proper updates and seasons roadmap with a good 3-4 months cadence for both new seasons and considerable content patches.

From my time in beta - they have some solid game bones on their hands, but this game will literally live or die based on how they will support it. If they just make it a meme show like D3, where it took them a bloody year+ to even have some caricature of modern endgame ARPG loop - it will crash and burn.

I have quite a distaste of PoE, but when it comes to endgame progression - they nailed it and I hope Blizzard will do what they do best and fucking copy that Atlas and all and make it better as they know.

And in the same fashion - I sure as hell hope we won't get to endgame and realize that the only content worth a damn would be doing sigil dungeons or some sort of D3 rift spam. That'd be a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Well unless Blizzard is completely out of their fucking minds and want a repeat of D3 - I sure as hell hope they will have a proper updates and seasons roadmap with a good 3-4 months cadence for both new seasons and considerable content patches.

From my time in beta - they have some solid game bones on their hands, but this game will literally live or die based on how they will support it. If they just make it a meme show like D3, where it took them a bloody year+ to even have some caricature of modern endgame ARPG loop - it will crash and burn.

I have quite a distaste of PoE, but when it comes to endgame progression - they nailed it and I hope Blizzard will do what they do best and fucking copy that Atlas and all and make it better as they know.

And in the same fashion - I sure as hell hope we won't get to endgame and realize that the only content worth a damn would be doing sigil dungeons or some sort of D3 rift spam. That'd be a disaster.
    considering d3 was wildly successful and had hundreds of thousands of players a year later, we can only HOPE it will do as good. D3 a year later had more players than POE has ever had.

if endgame is rifts and dungeons at launch, that will still be sick. people will make different characters and builds and have fun. what a tiny minority thinks will be doom, 99% of players dont give a shit about. i couldnt imagine a scenario worse than having a feature bloated mess of an end game anything at all like POE.
    Last edited by The Oblivion; 2023-03-21 at 09:03 PM.

It will be like every other Blizzard game meaning same shit over again same systems same useless grind baited with useless cosmetics that will not matter in the end and you will realize you wasted your time for nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    considering d3 was wildly successful and had hundreds of thousands of players a year later, we can only HOPE it will do as good. D3 a year later had more players than POE has ever had.

if endgame is rifts and dungeons at launch, that will still be sick. people will make different characters and builds and have fun. what a tiny minority thinks will be doom, 99% of players dont give a shit about. i couldnt imagine a scenario worse than having a feature bloated mess of an end game anything at all like POE.
    You know full fucking well what I mean.

D3 is probably the BIGGEST squandered opportunity in the history of gaming - a game that sold 30m copies ended up being on life support right after the very first expansion.

So no, I for fucking sure don't want Diablo 4 to end up like Diablo 3. No.

---

Well I guess Cyberpunk 2077 fucked it up even harder. But the bottom line, I don't want D4 to fucking die after 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Like, some of the design decisions like this and the lack of a proper click to move keybind option are just mind boggling to me. These are like, "Literally, have you ever played an ARPG in your life?" kinds of decisions.
    I did not play the early access open beta this weekend as I don't plan to purchase D4 until I've seen reviews at launch, but are you seriously telling me this game doesn't have click to move?

How do you move then, WASD? That just feels wrong to me on so many levels.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2023-03-21 at 09:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I did not play the early access open beta this weekend as I don't play to purchase D4 until I've seen reviews at launch, but are you seriously telling me this game doesn't have click to move?

How do you move then, WASD? That just feels wrong to me on so many levels.
    its click to move. same as d3, poe, etc

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    its click to move. same as d3, poe, etc
    Good, then I'm less worried. Honestly don't think I'd even consider playing an ARPG on PC if it didn't have click to move.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Good, then I'm less worried. Honestly don't think I'd even consider playing an ARPG on PC if it didn't have click to move.
    There seems to currently be an issue (and whether it is intended or a bug is not clear) where you cannot bind force to move to the left mouse and still interact with doors, npcs etc with left click too. That is the issue people have with it.

The whole problem is not a problem unless you want force move on left click (which I personally find annoying, so I bind force move to keyboard button).

I think there might also be a problem where force move can't be bound to scroll wheel, which apparently could be done in D3? I read something to that effect from someone.

I think either issue is something that can fairly easily be fixed to work like people want, even if it currently doesn't work. So this is not the kind of issue I would really sweat anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I think there might also be a problem where force move can't be bound to scroll wheel, which apparently could be done in D3? I read something to that effect from
    This is correct.

I liked the beta, but my biggeest complaint was the lack of a menu ui. I feel like the game is missing a little bar in the bottom corner that lets you open up all the menus. Because I had to dig and dig to find some menus because you can only access them from another menu.

I mean,. even diablo 2 got a patch a year or two ago.
    That's well over two decades of support.

Sure the bots arent being handled, and hackers are basically given free reign,. but it's still up, you can still play on battle.net and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    I mean,. even diablo 2 got a patch a year or two ago.
    That's well over two decades of support.

Sure the bots arent being handled, and hackers are basically given free reign,. but it's still up, you can still play on battle.net and everything.
    I'm still annoyed because I have the original D2 on disc but I lost the disc for the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You know full fucking well what I mean.

D3 is probably the BIGGEST squandered opportunity in the history of gaming - a game that sold 30m copies ended up being on life support right after the very first expansion.

So no, I for fucking sure don't want Diablo 4 to end up like Diablo 3. No.

---

Well I guess Cyberpunk 2077 fucked it up even harder. But the bottom line, I don't want D4 to fucking die after 3 years.
    The thing is, with D3 it was mostly corporate who fucked it up for what we know. They fixed so many issues with RoS, who knows how much further they could have gone with King in the North. Kanai's cube and Secheron were part of it as was Greyhollow Island and the Temple of the Firstborn. Chances are we would have gotten Necromancer in that and maybe Druid as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing is, with D3 it was mostly corporate who fucked it up for what we know. They fixed so many issues with RoS, who knows how much further they could have gone with King in the North. Kanai's cube and Secheron were part of it as was Greyhollow Island and the Temple of the Firstborn. Chances are we would have gotten Necromancer in that and maybe Druid as well.
    The "corporate" fucked up back on launch of D3.

RoS was just a last-ditch cash grab, because they likely already had expansion in development during first year of D3, so might as well cash in.

The very initial fuckup of D3 that sealed its fate was that there was no end-game worth a damn and in the end all you could really do is rifts spam and it was only just so you could do higher rifts.

There weren't even seasons on D3 launch, it was that bad. So the game sold huge amount, but then squandered all this momentum by offering nothing in the end.

THAT is that fuckup I hope D4 will avoid.

---

Take PoE for example. I am not a fan of this game because I just don't like how it looks AND I don't like it's insane overcomplication everything. -BUT- their Atlas is an amazing idea that makes you work towards actual meaningful goal in the end. Blizz could use that one too.