Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Hearing all of the comments about the Orc heritage questline really makes me want to do it, but I don't want to grind up to exalted on my Orc DK. Can you do it if you have reached exalted with Orgrimmar on ANY character? I just did the Tauren one yesterday and I wasn't exalted with TB on my Tauren.

What are the best heritage questlines?
    Buy tabard, run Botanica, you will be done in hour or two. Every non allied race require Exalted for their questline, Tauren questline from this patch isn't heritage stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I really don't see why you'd keep the AU and the MU orcs separate. The clan structure is nearly identical and the AU orcs likely have retained traditions the MU orcs lost.
    One of the MU Mag'har in the Kosharg states that she's the last Mag'har of the Shadowmoon clan. Similarly, Lantressor of the Blade states that there's very few Burning Blade orcs, and as the supposed leader of the clan, it should "wither and die".
    Obviously, these things can't happen with the existence of the AU clans, so either someone at Blizzard forgot about the AU Mag'har (which I heavily doubt considering the deep cuts in this questline) or they want to keep them seperate.

Granted, it's hard to keep them seperate in name considering Blizzard chose to call them Mag'har instead of something like "Ironbound". I could see maybe the outlands Mag'har changing their name, though I doubt it.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    With blizzard going back in and adding in old stuff with cosmetics… I hope druids can eventually get this cat form back as a cosmetic option.
    (Obviously without the same mechanical advantages that this form had back in WoD)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Every non allied race require Exalted for their questline, Tauren questline from this patch isn't heritage stuff.
    I haven't set foot in the Dragon Isles yet, I did the

EDIT just realized I had TB set to inactive, that's why I didn't see it in my rep list.

I really want a full list of all the possible interactions in the orc questline, apparently Ariok has something different to say if you did WoD. Same with Saurfang and the loyalist/honorable branching questlines.

I really don't see why you'd keep the AU and the MU orcs separate. The clan structure is nearly identical and the AU orcs likely have retained traditions the MU orcs lost.
    I can't really agree—I think the two have a fairly distinct culture. Whereas the Orcs of Durotar are all too familiar with extreme destruction and have been made averse to it due to recent events (for the third time, of course), and seem disillusioned with extreme industrialization and expansionism, the Mag'har have seemingly taken no such lessons to heart. They, unlike the Orcs of Durotar, have no interest in disavowing their history—and this certainly isn't helped by the fact they've had thirty whole years to reshape their culture around Garrosh's legacy. Their society is far more industrialized, far more militant, and far more unrepentant, than the Orcs of Durotar, so I could see a cultural schism between the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Honestly I think the main issue with it is that it's not an especially focused experience. Feels like it should have scrapped either the Onyxia, or the Defias bit. As it is neither feels especially strong. You don't feel that much about the Onyxia bit seeing as the quest is not actually in Stormwind. And the Defias bit feels like it could have been better fleshed out.
    Going back to Northshire was great though. And I love that they are actually setting up a new Defias leader to fight against in the future.
    The best parts was going back to old zones. It was worth the romp and yes I did want more but thats pretty typical response from me. If anything I kinda wished the Defias at least acknowledged Varian wasn't really that bad(Cause Varian wasn't written to face the Nobles but I think thats more on, its not the story the devs wanted to tell).

Least it wasn't one sided or "Alliance bad"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Today on random unexpected lore, the Niffen are apparently related to Grummels?

https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/1638689468075974660

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post

Huh. That's an interesting development. As an extension, this also would mean they're related to Troggs in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I can't really agree—I think the two have a fairly distinct culture. Whereas the Orcs of Durotar are all too familiar with extreme destruction and have been made averse to it due to recent events (for the third time, of course), and seem disillusioned with extreme industrialization and expansionism, the Mag'har have seemingly taken no such lessons to heart. They, unlike the Orcs of Durotar, have no interest in disavowing their history—and this certainly isn't helped by the fact they've had thirty whole years to reshape their culture around Garrosh's legacy. Their society is far more industrialized, far more militant, and far more unrepentant, than the Orcs of Durotar, so I could see a cultural schism between the two.
    The thing is, how many escaped? It was supposed to be a tiny portal in time, barely open long enough for us to cross . . .
    But hey, Void elves everywhere.

The thing is, how many escaped? It was supposed to be a tiny portal in time, barely open long enough for us to cross . . .
    But hey, Void elves everywhere.
    Hrm, that's fair—still, they seem to at least have something of a sustainable population, and WoW tends to play fast and loose (as you've lampshaded) with population numbers anyway. However, you are right that there's a fairly small population shown at the end of the quest proper, but that could just be taken as abstraction.

I think, solely in the interest of benefiting the story, the Mag'har are fine to inflate insofar as they maintain a consistent character and are used to their fullest potential.

Hrm, that's fair—still, they seem to at least have something of a sustainable population, and WoW tends to play fast and loose (as you've lampshaded) with population numbers anyway. However, you are right that there's a fairly small population shown at the end of the quest proper, but that could just be taken as abstraction.

I think, solely in the interest of benefiting the story, the Mag'har are fine to inflate insofar as they maintain a consistent character and are used to their fullest potential.
    Honestly I found the way that scenario ended utterly ridiculous. The portal apparently stays up long enough for not just every clan to send people over but even random Botani and Saberon to hop in while in the middle of a battlefield yet the Lightforged did not get through even though they absolutely dominated the battlefield on the other side (which would have set up a great plot hook but alas). Meanwhile we are told the portal will barely stay up for us to go in and out and we barely make it.

Imagine if Garrosh Lightscream had gone through and that's how we got the Light Crusade future expac; he meets Liadrin's adopted daughter, they assault the Caverns of Time and find a way to wibbly wobbly timey wimey connect AU Draenor with MU Outland.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-03-23 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post

I predict MANY LUCKYDOS!

Huh. That's an interesting development. As an extension, this also would mean they're related to Troggs in some capacity.
    Would rather they were related to Troggs directly. Grummles are the result of mogu fleshcrafting right?

Still Grummles are awesome and might save Loamm because right now it looks like crap.

Would rather they were related to Troggs directly. Grummles are the result of mogu fleshcrafting right?

Still Grummles are awesome and might save Loamm because right now it looks like crap.
    Could be that they're some kind of missing link between the two. It wouldn't be out-of-character to retcon in the existence of a missing link between Troggs and the fleshcrafted Grummles. Alternatively, they could just be Grummles that found themselves in the Dragon Isles and mutated underground. They were messengers, after all, and the Mogu are Titan constructs that may have tried (in vain) to contact the Dragon Aspects.

3+ Year Old Account
    They were messengers, after all, and the Mogu are Titan constructs that may have tried (in vain) to contact the Dragon Aspects.
    I like this version. Especially since it adds more Mogu lore.

Honestly I found the way that scenario ended utterly ridiculous. The portal apparently stays up long enough for not just every clan to send people over but even random Botani and Saberon to hop in while in the middle of a battlefield yet the Lightforged did not get through even though they absolutely dominated the battlefield on the other side (which would have set up a great plot hook but alas). Meanwhile we are told the portal will barely stay up for us to go in and out and we barely make it.

Imagine if Garrosh Lightscream had gone through and that's how we got the Light Crusade future expac; he meets Liadrin's adopted daughter, they assault the Caverns of Time and find a way to wibbly wobbly timey wimey connect AU Draenor with MU Outland.
    I wouldn't put it past blizzard to one day do such an expansion. But I think that for the community to embrace it fully we would need a tv show or another video game telling us the story of AU Draenor and their light crusade.

But would the community want to watch a show about AU Draenor characters that we have abandoned ten years ago? I know I would, but will someone that hasn't touch the game yet would?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I know I would, but will someone that hasn't touch the game yet would?
    That never stopped them before. The story often operates under the assumption that you already know of and care about the characters so they don't really need to do the work to make you know and care.

unnecessary. we were already told that the AU Draenor was dying during the wars of conversion, and that the Mother of Light was there. supposedly, they then have a reason to get off the moribund world and the means to do so: the naaru spaceships.
    Exarch Hellscream is a must, ofc.

btw, anyone got a good name for the Light expac? the Burning Crusade is taken =/
    Last edited by guro-tchai; 2023-03-23 at 09:58 AM.

Doing the orc heritage quests on my orc warlock will feel hilarious.
    Aggra says something like "You are everything an Orc should be", and I immediately thought that this would sound weird on a Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    The human questline isn't terrible, but isn't great either. Their heritage seems to revolve around Onyxia, which is kind of weird.
    Considering her influence launched basically all internal conflicts of Stormwind, not too surprising. But from what I read (haven't played it yet) it revolves rather around a noble using an amulet containing a bit of her magic, and Defias members who don't want solutions, they want to be mad. Essentially, humans who can't let go of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Even as a traumatized mind control victim in exile Anduin still manages to defuse conflict and destroy a long-lasting antagonist faction by paying reparations and cleaning up the House of Nobles off-screen and retroactively.

Not that anyone with a pulse is surprised by this turn of events.
    Well, yes, it would only be surprising if Anduin HADN'T initiated reparations when he became King. Maybe not immediately during the Legion's invasion, but definitely after that.
    Yes, we should've learned about this earlier, but learning this now doesn’t make this a retroactive change ("retcon")
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.