Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    2 hour queue for 20 minutes gameplay. back to a 140 minutes queue now xD
    It's all about the journey, not the destination... savour it!

But on a side note -- Resident Evil 4 Remake is out today, go play it while you wait!

I managed to get in nearly straight away and leveled a Necro to 15 before get stuck on a loading screen going back to town and had a 122 min queue on restarting, which was a good time for a food break anyway.

Necro feels very powerful for wiping out large packs in no time with my army and very strong AOE. I've not seeing anything to help with mobility unless I missed it on the tree? but it was not been a issue so far and I can see this being my starting class.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

+2 Skellibois shield! Yummie.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Book of the Dead lets you sacrifice your summons to boost yourself. And that set up allows for a Melee playstyle from what I gather.
    Yeah this is correct, didn't notice this til level 15.

Pft... finally got in, went to make a new character and it crashed from a memory leak... -.-;

Edit -- happened again after a 30 minute queue... ah screw it.

Whelp -- back to RE4Remake I go.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2023-03-24 at 09:17 PM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The joys of always-online pieces of shit. I hope I'm wrong but I fear this will be the D3 launch all over again. Blizzard's reputation for server quality at launch is at best trash tier.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    The joys of always-online pieces of shit. I hope I'm wrong but I fear this will be the D3 launch all over again. Blizzard's reputation for server quality at launch is at best trash tier.
    This is a stress test. They are testing queue time and system load on purpose. Though since you've already labeled the game a pos I'm guessing your opinion is already made up and these are more rhetorical complaints.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

No idea why this game is getting so much hate on the official forums. To me it is great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    No idea why this game is getting so much hate on the official forums. To me it is great so far.
    Two reasons, chiefly.

1. Selection bias. People are far more likely to voice complaints on forums than they are likely to voice praise. Makes sense - if your product doesn't work you'll go and complain, but if your product DOES work, why go around telling people everything is okay? This creates a disproportionate impression that a lot of people are unhappy, when the simple reality is that you just don't hear as much from people that are are happy. Also, since this is a Beta, people are more likely to encounter problems and performance issues, leading to even more complaints that are not necessarily reflective of the actual product quality. Sure, Betas have largely become marketing tools rather than QA devices, but that's still a part of the process.

2. People are dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Two reasons, chiefly.

1. Selection bias. People are far more likely to voice complaints on forums than they are likely to voice praise. Makes sense - if your product doesn't work you'll go and complain, but if your product DOES work, why go around telling people everything is okay? This creates a disproportionate impression that a lot of people are unhappy, when the simple reality is that you just don't hear as much from people that are are happy. Also, since this is a Beta, people are more likely to encounter problems and performance issues, leading to even more complaints that are not necessarily reflective of the actual product quality. Sure, Betas have largely become marketing tools rather than QA devices, but that's still a part of the process.

2. People are dicks.
    True. Glad there's a thread here so we can actually discuss the game rationally lol.

- - - Updated - - -

First weekend I played rogue basically the whole time. Loved the quickness of it. Now I am playing bear druid and I love it as well. I legit feel like a bear smashing everything in its path.

Barely played so far but...kinda ooph.

I should probably update to the latest drivers but performance was all over the place randomly, I can ignore that though.

Lack of properly functional "click to move" option is absolutely brutal and makes navigating around events fucking impossible since you're just attacking rather than moving.

Didn't look at options, but the fucking mouse cursor blends in with everything, especially during events, and is super easy to lose track of.

Literally every UI element looks like it's ye-basic "first functional design pass" that lacks any character or "Blizzard touch".

Dodge button is nice, the active dodge was my favorite part of Wolcen and it's great to see it in another game (even if it's a single use dodge)

I'm surprisingly like, not into it so far. I'll play more later today and this weekend, but so far I'm extremely "meh" on some of the foundational elements in the game.

Fidelity is on-point, but man do the early zones seem monochrome and dark as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Barely played so far but...kinda ooph.

I should probably update to the latest drivers but performance was all over the place randomly, I can ignore that though.

Lack of properly functional "click to move" option is absolutely brutal and makes navigating around events fucking impossible since you're just attacking rather than moving.

Didn't look at options, but the fucking mouse cursor blends in with everything, especially during events, and is super easy to lose track of.

Literally every UI element looks like it's ye-basic "first functional design pass" that lacks any character or "Blizzard touch".

Dodge button is nice, the active dodge was my favorite part of Wolcen and it's great to see it in another game (even if it's a single use dodge)

I'm surprisingly like, not into it so far. I'll play more later today and this weekend, but so far I'm extremely "meh" on some of the foundational elements in the game.

Fidelity is on-point, but man do the early zones seem monochrome and dark as fuck.
    For rogue it took me having at least 5 skills to start feeling the flow. What level are you?

game felt little lost ark but i find it a little bit enjoyable. Meh, It's beta, i guess wait out full version to see how the game goes.

I'm in the same boat as Edge- . Very early impressions...... I only had a 4 minute load time which is nice. Parts of the UI have a bit of a mobile game feel to it, especially the talent selection. Graphics are unquestionably a significant step up from D3 in terms of detail, but that also loses a bit of vibe too in a way. They pulled lots from PoE this time around (which of course arguably owes its existence to this franchise anyway, so....). Very early on, but I'm waiting for the game to hook me and so far that hasn't happened. I'll get to spend more time w/ it this weekend.

Necro is boss AF. Maxed out. Easy mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    `Skip cutscene does not seem to work
    Are you holding esc or whatever the equivalent console button is?

I didn't expect to hate the art style, but I kind of do. I'm all for being dark and gritty - that's Diablo. But this is just... grey. Everything is grey and washed out. Sure D3 overdid it a little bit maybe, but come on why is this the same palette as a Snyder movie? Is this just an Act 1 problem so everything is the same color scheme and it'll change later? But it feels horribly bland and indistinct, to the point where sometimes you can barely even see enemies because they're the same color scheme as the background and everything kind of just mashes together. Nothing stands out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    For rogue it took me having at least 5 skills to start feeling the flow. What level are you?
    Like, 8 lol, just have a few skills so far. I'm not judging based on that alone since I know more skills and options open up over time and all, it's early game. I'm keeping my current criticism more directed at things that aren't likely to radically change between now and endgame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Are you holding esc or whatever the equivalent console button is?
    It seems some cutscenes (the long church one with lilith I think?) have a super short window to cancel them before they play but may bug out and play the whole way through if you don't. It's happened to me a few times.

3+ Year Old Account
    Got in after almost six hours of wait. Had weird vibration in some places so lowered a few setting. The play area became teal. The whole screen a uniform teal, and not even reverting changes or a log out and in fixed it. I don't think this will be ready for June.

Can't play at all... keep getting "Out of Memory" error... be it at character creation or logging in with a character I already got, despite having zero issues playing in the Early Access Beta last weekend... :/