Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Upcoming Class Tuning with the Weekly Maintenance

Upcoming Class Tuning with the Weekly Maintenance
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    In patch 10.0.7, we made changes to several classes to address issues we saw with itemization or talent trees. Game data since the patch went live has shown us that certain specs are overperforming, so with scheduled weekly maintenance on March 28, we’ll make the changes below.

Classes

Death Knight
    • Frost
      • All ability damage reduced by 3%.

Hunter
    • Beast Mastery
      • Kill Command damage reduced by 10%.
    • Marksmanship
      • All ability and pet damage reduced by 4%.
    • Survival
      • Mongoose Bite damage reduced by 10%. This does not affect PvP Combat.

Warlock
    • Developers’ notes: We’re modifying the output of Grimoire of Sacrifice to bring it in line with the output of Warlock demons. At the end of the day Warlock is a pet-centric class and while we want there to be an option to opt-out of your pet, we don’t want it to always be the clear answer.
    • Wrathful Minion now increases the damage of Grimoire of Sacrifice by 10% (was 15%).
    • Demonic Inspiration now increases the damage of Grimoire of Sacrifice by 10% (was 15%).
    • Grimoire of Sacrifice damage reduced by 15%.
    • Affliction
      • Developers’ notes: With the removal of less impactful talents in both their class and specialization trees, Affliction received a lot of additional damage options that have increased their damage beyond what was intended. We’re making these adjustments to bring them in line with other damage dealers.
      • Damage done by spells and abilities reduced by 2%.
      • Darkglare damage reduced by 20%.
    • Demonology
      • Developers’ notes: We’re targeting Demonology’s multi-target profile with these adjustments to bring them closer to other damage dealers. We will continue to watch both single-target and multi-target performance, along with the output of new talents and adjustments delivered in 10.0.7, and make further adjustments down the road if needed.
      • Demonic Strength now increases the damage of Felstorm by 300% (was 400%).
      • Dreadbite damage reduced by 10%.

Player Versus Player

Paladin
    • Crusader’s Reprieve healing reduced by 50% in PvP combat.
    • Protection
      • Judgment of Light healing reduced by 35% for Protection Paladins in PvP Combat.
    • Retribution
      • Developers’ notes: Retribution Paladins have been heavily overperforming in PvP with their recent 10.0.7 changes. We’re primarily targeting their burst damage, passive survivability, and PvP talents that we feel are contributing too much overall damage.
      • Judgment of Light healing reduced by 35% for Retribution Paladins in PvP combat.
      • Inquisitor’s Ire effectiveness reduced by 40% in PvP combat.
      • Fading Light effectiveness reduced by 75% for Retribution Paladins in PvP combat.
      • Justicar’s Vengeance now deals 15% additional damage to stunned targets in PvP combat.
      • Justicar’s Vengeance healing reduced by 50% in PvP combat.
      • Blessing of Dawn effectiveness reduced by 25% for Retribution Paladins in PvP combat.
      • Divine Arbiter direct damage reduced by 25% in PvP combat.
      • Vanguard of Justice effectiveness reduced by 25% in PvP combat.
      • Empyrean Legacy increases the damage of Divine Storm by 15% in PvP combat (was 25%).
      • Luminescence (PvP Talent) now increases damage and healing by 2% (was 4%).
      • Lawbringer (PvP Talent) now deals 2% of maximum health (was 4%).
      • Fixed an issue that caused Avenging Wrath’s 75% PvP multiplier to not function for Retribution Paladins.

Class Tuning Update
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Update: Due to overwhelming feedback, the Retribution Paladin changes in the above notes are going to be pushed live shortly.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2023-03-25 at 04:42 AM.

Frost DK Nerfs? Frost is garbage at the minute bar some niche moments.. they need serious buffs in some areas.

Pala needs a hotfix for PvP asap and not with the next weekly maintenance...

Frost DK nerf, well was a fun week I guess. Jesus.

So demo warlock had terrible ST dmg and you buffed it a bit to nerf it 1 week later and then nerf our AoE dmg too.
    Finally i can compete with ST specs in AoE fights with my AoE spec and i can skip Tyranical weeks...

Lol why is frost getting nerf when they are already garbage

People crying about op rets lol.

Yeah... they were buffed. But nothing more compared to DHs, warrs, locks, rogues... Now they are back to the bottom of the bin.

And rets have EASIEST burst to counter, yet people fail miserably at it.

Ah well... I already got my glad mount for this season. Never had any intentions to push 3k+ anyway
    But damn...

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Frost DK nerf, well was a fun week I guess. Jesus.
    Are they even that much better? I've seen them join boomie and hunter on council doing absurd dps, but does their performance everywhere else justify a nerf? It's only 3%, but still.

Frost dk did not deserve this nerf. They have been low on dps for a long time. In mythic+ they are useless and are never brought for high keys.
    If you go obliterate build, you dont have single dmg, and Bos build you are total garbage outside your cooldown window.

How about you nerf havoc/sub for once? I really don't understand why dh should be miles above other melee every frickin expansion.

Really frustrating that I have to be a meta slave because of bad balance in the game.

PS: The new primordial stones are insanely overpowered for some classes. Storm infused stone doing 20% of total dmg on a bm hunter is intended? While others get 1-3% out of them. Maybe you should actually do some testing before you implement horrible changes to the game. Frustrating arrggh!!
    Last edited by User666; 2023-03-25 at 05:13 AM.

SEE! SEE! THIS IS WHY I HATE IT WHEN BLIZZARD EVER TAKES A LOOK AT US FROST DKS! Doesn't matter what is going on they just beat us down with the NERF bat. We are fucking garbage and yet they keep beating us down further and further... Going to get to the point they just kill the spec entirely, give all our shit to mages.

and ofc bm hunter nerfs...

How about the actually nerf the classes that is top dmg in M+?

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    People crying about op rets lol.

Yeah... they were buffed. But nothing more compared to DHs, warrs, locks, rogues... Now they are back to the bottom of the bin.

And rets have EASIEST burst to counter, yet people fail miserably at it.

Ah well... I already got my glad mount for this season. Never had any intentions to push 3k+ anyway
    But damn...
    Anyone defending Ret in its state before nerfs can’t be trusted. At all. Just wow

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Anyone defending Ret in its state before nerfs can’t be trusted. At all. Just wow

Not defending. But claiming that nerfs are over the top. While 0 touches to DH/warrs/rogues/ferals...

Not defending. But claiming that nerfs are over the top. While 0 touches to DH/warrs/rogues/ferals...
    Nerfs were not even close to over the top.
    Ret is still ridicolous. With that said I do agree that other specs need fixes too but that doesn’t justify Ret being gods. Happy they took them down a few notches fast. Let’s hope they continue nerfing where nerfing is due.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Nerfs were not even close to over the top.
    Ret is still ridicolous. With that said I do agree that other specs need fixes too but that doesn’t justify Ret being gods. Happy they took them down a few notches fast. Let’s hope they continue nerfing where nerfing is due.
    Do you play ret at all?

Do you know how to counter rets burst?

Hunter nerf? MM nerf???? Are you really f4cking joking?

Sorry but Rets were OP af in PvP. They were just storming through everyone on high rating(>3,1k) in Solo Shuffle. Their burst was on par with Sub rog, sustained like Fury and survival like both rog+mage combined.

It was just stupid. Those nerfs were really needed and deserved.

What I wonder is how you can push a rework live while being able to test it for 2 months and have this as a result. I play ret for 14 years now and t.b.h. it feels broken. Im glad the nerfs are here so all the flavor of the month people go away again. ./Shoo :>

The good:

- all defenses where taken away from us, while other classes got more and more over time. Now we have them back, so we are not a free kill anymore.
    - healing was really awfull this XP. They fixed some of that, but now I read they nerf that as well so hope it wont be too bad.

The bad:

- The damage. Its over the top. We never needed damage increases or whatsoever. I thought blizzard wanted to remove damage modifiers, but we still have them. Serephim is gone, but they gave all kind of +damage on extra holy power spend abilitys.
    - Mobility still sucks.

Lets hope they dont nerf rets to bad as blizzard usually does the wrong things when people mass complain they nerf it to the ground and never look back and the dedicated ret players are left behind (again).

All with all an understandable nerf. Although there are some other classes who require some attention as well imo (locks, ele shamans, mmhunters).
    Last edited by Elepenke; 2023-03-25 at 12:20 PM.

Ok yeah rets needed a nerf, but those are some hefty nerfs to say the least. Aren't they in danger of just balancing rets back to how they used to be?

Glad to note that the paladin absurdity wasn't just a hallucination on my end, but jesus christ what were they thinking.
    Edit: Primarily talking about yhe damage here.

Same goes for hunters honestly, but at least there gear centric stupidity was to blame and is more understandable as such.
    Last edited by loras; 2023-03-25 at 12:50 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.