Page 4 of 169 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    There is simply no way you can judge diablo 4 on the beta. You can judge the beta and call that really bad, which it was to a degree, but not the game. You saw litteraly the start of the game, the first few hours. Nothing more. You only had 1 act, a few skills and a few legendaries. You have no way of telling how the game will be 50+ when you start unlocking higher difficulties and paragons etc. Thats like saying diablo 3 endgame was bad by just doing the story mode and not setting into rifts, grifts etc
    Lol we literally saw endgame - not very randomized dungeons with lots of backtracking to pick up keys - what are you talking about?
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

The game is fine, but not 70$ fine. I would pay maybe 30$ for it, since I don't see myself playing it extensively. But that depends on the itemization.

My current complaints:

- What in the hell were the devs thinking when every dialogue triggers a mini-cutscene you have to cancel via esc? Every time you talk to a quest giver your gameplay gets interrupted. That's so annoying if you don't care about reading why you're gonna search for Person XYZ or slay 20 zombies. Either give me something really interesting or just give me the quest and my reward. I don't want to know why you need ingredients. Honestly it's that's super offputting and unnecessary design. Makes talking to people something I'd rather avoid.
    - The interface. Like, everything about it. Comparing items is weird, because lost stats are shown on the wrong item. Navigating any Menu is unintuitive. The talent tree can't be viewed without scrolling. Your stats are hidden behind 3 menus. On the minimap you can see things you have not explored on the main map. You have to click dialogue options. It's not 1995, the technology to bind it to numbers exists.
    - Skill modifications. They are mostly meaningless. D3 did it WAY better. D4 has most of the time just +x crit and some minor effect. Also having just 2 exclusive mods is too few.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTool View Post
    snip
    Leveling is not about a challenge in diablo games, you follow the story and play the actual game at endgame, even in PoE the leveling is not a challenge, if you dont like it dont play it but the first 25 levels you are barely even touching the game, you can scale things up at endgame and make it harder.

Scaling keeps all things relevant, its been in the previous game and keeps everything relevant and worth doing. In D3 the leveling was easy most of the way and then you were blocked because you lacked gear at act 2 on the hardest difficulty, mobs killing you in 1-2 hits is not really difficulty and trash mobs are not meant to be hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    The game is fine, but not 70$ fine. I would pay maybe 30$ for it, since I don't see myself playing it extensively. But that depends on the itemization.

My current complaints:

- What in the hell were the devs thinking when every dialogue triggers a mini-cutscene you have to cancel via esc? Every time you talk to a quest giver your gameplay gets interrupted. That's so annoying if you don't care about reading why you're gonna search for Person XYZ or slay 20 zombies. Either give me something really interesting or just give me the quest and my reward. I don't want to know why you need ingredients. Honestly it's that's super offputting and unnecessary design. Makes talking to people something I'd rather avoid.
    - The interface. Like, everything about it. Comparing items is weird, because lost stats are shown on the wrong item. Navigating any Menu is unintuitive. The talent tree can't be viewed without scrolling. Your stats are hidden behind 3 menus. On the minimap you can see things you have not explored on the main map. You have to click dialogue options. It's not 1995, the technology to bind it to numbers exists.
    - Skill modifications. They are mostly meaningless. D3 did it WAY better. D4 has most of the time just +x crit and some minor effect. Also having just 2 exclusive mods is too few.
    Your complaints are about playing through a story mode of the game and having to look at story related stuff, some ppl like to watch some like to skip, D4 does it better than D3, you get access to skills you have not put points into or able to upgrade skills further for less points, plus modding gear while leveling is mostly pointless since it will be replaced quickly.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    And what should it have had not to get bored within level 10?

A horse race? Some snowboarding wit demons bones? Pokémon Battles? A bit of Monkey Island stuff?

Start whatever ARPG, do 10 levels and see what you get.
    Not immediatly starting the game with a "follow this NPC" Quest would be a start. Or just abandoning the main questline after reaching the first city.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gameplay wise it felt like any first half of leveling in any ARPG. But I thought the presentation was pretty good. Most of my fun will be with messing with the paragon boards and dorking around with builds.
    Anyone who's passing judgement on what's playable now is making as good of a guess as anyone, but that's all it is.

I watched a friend of mine play it for a night and frankly i do not feel interested to try it out, unless its at some 80% discount.

The colors of visuals are literally gray-grayer-grayest, there are no powerful strong colors to contrast the grim bleak world (something Diablo 2 actually had).
    Out of all the hackNslash games Diablo 4 is by far the least interesting and enjoyable to look at, because the only color pallet the designers had was bleak.

The druid my friend played was boring and not impressive, and i am saying that as a huge fan of any shaman/druid type of class.
    The shapeshift form was particularly lame, the werewolf has tiny thin legs and looks more like a prop than a feral magical beast.

The ragdoll physics of corpses is EXTREMELY lackluster, since the corpses will just keel over and lump down instead of actually putting in some fun physic ragdolls like diablo 3 has for powerful attacks (where corpses get tossed across the map).

Oh and the dialogue was very dragged out and badly timed, and often prevents you from moving/playing by making you look at some basic looking NPC for 20 seconds while they slowly talk and then have awkward pauses between lines.
    Game devs, you should borderline never prevent a player from playing a hackNslash just cause some less-than-extremely-imporant NPC has something to say.
    This is not an RPG... and even if it was it is still AWFUL to stunlock a player for 20 seconds every time some quest NPC has something to say.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2023-03-26 at 05:51 PM.

While I agree, D4 is boring as fuck and most of your points are good.

Your thread titles need some work dog, this is clickbaity af lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbayne View Post
    Some really dumb people posting here. Skills are not balanced to their FINAL VERSIONS. XP and damage is set in a way for TESTING. Get that through your skulls. I can't imagine judging a TECHNICAL beta as if it were a demo....they are NOT the same thing...
    People say that every time, and its never been true.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbayne View Post
    Some really dumb people posting here. Skills are not balanced to their FINAL VERSIONS. XP and damage is set in a way for TESTING. Get that through your skulls. I can't imagine judging a TECHNICAL beta as if it were a demo....they are NOT the same thing...
    Why do people still say stuff like this.

This is ridiculous. The beta is pure PR. That you think otherwise is you eating the company line and kidding yourself. Blizzards track record of listening and paying attention is like..non existent lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    People say that every time, and its never been true.
    Chill it's only closed alpha
    Chill it's only open alpha
    Chill it's only closed beta
    Chill it's only open beta
    Chill it's only early access
    Chill it's only just released
    Chill it's only first patch
    Chill it's only first expansion

Like, almost every single friggin game. Gamers never learn.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

I kinda liked it. Not to the "play on day one" extent, but looks like it could be fun for some hours. Pretty much like Diablo 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    People say that every time, and it’s never been true.
    Even if it was, balancing during leveling means literally nothing in an ARPG.

Leveling and story in these games is an annoying necessity. People play these games for either power fantasy, number go up addiction or shiny loot drop addiction. Eventually the combat will devolve to kill the mobs faster than they can attack like PoE is at the moment.
    If you want skillshots go play lost ark or a moba.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post

In fairness, D3 turned out to be a completely different game over time. Improvements do happen, people are just really cynical about everything.

It's all kinda beside the point, though. The point about D4 isn't really "it's beta" and is more "it's literally the first 1% of the game".

Again, I invite everyone to download whatever random ARPG, play it until level 25 and see what you get. If you got way more than D4, feel free to point me to that ARPG.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post

Curious, what do you expect from beta to release?
    Almost every game has changes between beta and their release, that's not really up for debate.

Feels like you expect larger changes than what's given though. However Beta testing isn't there to determine if things on a fundamental level should change and be reworked. It's already too late for that...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Tried the beta. Its ok. Is it 70 euros ok? No. Not in a rush to buy this game at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have a feeling these people are not real arpg players.
    I loved D4 and had a blast, all classes 25. Love the classic feeling it has with a modern engine.
    Cant wait to grind my eyes out when it release. Will give me many more hrs gameplay then any other game/
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    In fairness, D3 turned out to be a completely different game over time. Improvements do happen, people are just really cynical about everything.

It's all kinda beside the point, though. The point about D4 isn't really "it's beta" and is more "it's literally the first 1% of the game".
    The cynical part comes from alot of people got burned by D3. Established Diablo fans learned a lesson back then. Also, the price (70 euros) is steep. For that price, one would expect (in fact, demand) more playtime beyond the campaign(story). Meaning, the gameplay gotta be good. So far, after the testing i've done, I cant say it justify spending 70 euros on this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    its choppy as shit but otherwise its fun