Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Kill all the Darkspear and make Amani playable. Resurrect Zul'jin.
    You speak my language my dude.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Just stop making troll raids.
    but they got kewl mogs...

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    but they got kewl mogs...
    Trolls are literally the most killed mobs in the game. No other race was slaughtered harder. Not even Orcs or Goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    You speak my language my dude.
    To Nazeebo: "Maybe I carry your head around for a while, huh?"

To Night Elves: "Night Elf? Day Elf? Now you dead Elf."

To Thrall: "You may carry his hammer. But you're no Doomhammer, boy."

Doesn't get more savage than that.

To Nazeebo: "Maybe I carry your head around for a while, huh?"

To Night Elves: "Night Elf? Day Elf? Now you dead Elf."

To Thrall: "You may carry his hammer. But you're no Doomhammer, boy."

Doesn't get more savage than that.
    After Baine, Thrall is by far my most hated character in this game. And those puns are gold. Good job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Kill all the Darkspear and make Amani playable. Resurrect Zul'jin.
    You mean the guy that couldn't beat the elves in a surprise assault after losing 90% of their population and after failing that he displayed the level-headed decision to declare war to the Horde and Alliance that ended with his death?
    I like the dude, but someone whose sole motivations is hating everything would be a really crappy leader

Playable Amani should already be a thing though, since the Revantusk are part of the Horde.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    You mean the guy that couldn't beat the elves in a surprise assault after losing 90% of their population and after failing that he displayed the level-headed decision to declare war to the Horde and Alliance that ended with his death?
    I like the dude, but someone whose sole motivations is hating everything would be a really crappy leader

Playable Amani should already be a thing though, since the Revantusk are part of the Horde.
    Not hating everyone. Hating those who took his land. It is not that complicated. The trolls fight for what was stolen from them. That is just the basic motivation in any good revenge story.
    Last edited by Grazrug; 2023-03-26 at 09:59 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not hating everyone. Hating those who took his land. It is not that complicated. The trolls fight for what was stolen from them. That is just the basic motivation in any good revenge story.
    And trolls are of course correct on wanting their lands back.
    But Zul'jin has long ago left that motivation behind, being just a hateful dude

He correctly hates the elves
    Then he hates the horde
    Then he hates the alliance
    Then in Shadowlands he claims to hate everyone

Is he justified?
    Kinda. But at some point he needs to calm down. He literally failed everytime he raged against everything around him
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

And trolls are of course correct on wanting their lands back.
    But Zul'jin has long ago left that motivation behind, being just a hateful dude

He correctly hates the elves
    Then he hates the horde
    Then he hates the alliance
    Then in Shadowlands he claims to hate everyone

Is he justified?
    Kinda. But at some point he needs to calm down. He literally failed everytime he raged against everything around him
    Considering Ghostlands only has Tranquillien populated of the former elf settlements I am sure the Horde and him could have brockered a deal that he can keep the land taken from the alliance in exchange for miliatry access. Like large parts of Lordaeron are unclaimed right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Considering Ghostlands only has Tranquillien populated of the former elf settlements I am sure the Horde and him could have brockered a deal that he can keep the land taken from the alliance in exchange for miliatry access. Like large parts of Lordaeron are unclaimed right now.
    And I am sure that he would reject the deal because Elves are part of the Horde. And he hates Elves.
    And he hates the Horde now.

Well. Hated. Since he's dead and all

And I am sure that he would reject the deal because Elves are part of the Horde. And he hates Elves.
    And he hates the Horde now.

Well. Hated. Since he's dead and all
    The Fallout with the Horde was stupid already back in Warcraft 3. Blizzard was hellbent to repleace Amani and Ogres with Tauren and Darkspear. Ogres came back but the forest trolls(most of them), are still hostile to us. I don't know what changed the mind of Metzen to break with the original makeup of the faction.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Fallout with the Horde was stupid already back in Warcraft 3. Blizzard was hellbent to repleace Amani and Ogres with Tauren and Darkspear. Ogres came back but the forest trolls(most of them), are still hostile to us. I don't know what changed the mind of Metzen to break with the original makeup of the faction.
    The original makeup of the faction was just orcs

it'd be pretty stupid to have the exact same members in a different part of the world that was unexplored until wc3

I know his failures, but the character has been written as a badass, the voice acting was great, and his dialogue was timeless. I gravitate towards the characters with the "me vs. the world" mentality. Unapologetically, dastardly evil and/or driven so passionately by their beliefs, it's like a bulldozer. Darkspear never had any characters I cared for.

The original makeup of the faction was just orcs

it'd be pretty stupid to have the exact same members in a different part of the world that was unexplored until wc3
    gnomes, elves and dwarfs are still friends with humans. That stayed the same.

- - - Updated - - -

I know his failures, but the character has been written as a badass, the voice acting was great, and his dialogue was timeless. I gravitate towards the characters with the "me vs. the world" mentality. Unapologetically, dastardly evil and/or driven so passionately by their beliefs, it's like a bulldozer. Darkspear never had any characters I cared for.
    Vol'jin, Rokhan, Bwemba, Gadrin. Zen'tabra. They are all soft when compared to other trolls.

7+ Year Old Account
    gnomes, elves and dwarfs are still friends with humans. That stayed the same.
    Good. There were no Dwarves or Gnomes in Kalimdor, so that's unrelated

Yeah but his inability to compromise or plan longterm got him killed without accomplishing any of his objectives.

- - - Updated - - -

I do think this is a problem with Blizz's writing in that a lot of their good guys come across as... Samey, and none of them have any real bite to them except maybe Genn and Crowley for Alliance, and... well... all the Horde ones who did died, usually after turning evil.

Thankfully the Orc Heritage quest has been bringing back a number of orcs and a few of them have the potential to be benevolent yet still have some grit.

Hopefully the Troll heritage quest will do the same.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Yeah but his inability to compromise or plan longterm got him killed without accomplishing any of his objectives.

- - - Updated - - -

I do think this is a problem with Blizz's writing in that a lot of their good guys come across as... Samey, and none of them have any real bite to them except maybe Genn and Crowley for Alliance, and... well... all the Horde ones who did died, usually after turning evil.

Thankfully the Orc Heritage quest has been bringing back a number of orcs and a few of them have the potential to be benevolent yet still have some grit.

Pretty much, no character is allowed an edge. It's become so Horde and Alliance are hive mind factions to avoid conflict and future wars in a game about WAR and conflict. I get that players are sick of the Horde villain of the week style of writing, instigating a cyclical war, but they don't understand that the fallacy is in the writing of how they write only one Faction and its members as the warmongers, and not so much on the concept that war IS cyclical in a game about war.

There is no reason why Genn Greymane couldn't have caused the Faction War in Battle for Azeroth and avoid the bad writing for Sylvanas other than they either only think Horde should always play the villain, or they don't think the Alliance is interesting enough to play the villain.

Good. There were no Dwarves or Gnomes in Kalimdor, so that's unrelated
    Don't change a working system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure Blizzard's able to write a good story for trolls.

3+ Year Old Account
    He should have been Sylvanas' biggest fan considering how many dead troll souls he gained when the alliance attacked Zandalar.
    He probably was going to be until Blizzard saw how much fans loved him

Edit: Wait no, he says she's going too far. it's 1 am here, excuse me.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

We need playable Forest trolls
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?