Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Well yeah, if I had to rank things... I would say that a person killing themselves is generally preferable to them killing classrooms full of children and then themselves.
    You also don't make excuses for police officers killing unarmed minorities.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Sounds like you’re really concerned about deaths and children now.
    Always have been. Why aren't you?

That still doesn't answer my question though. Can you tell me about the last time someone broke into a school and force-fed multiple children fentanyl until they died of an overdose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Always have been. Why aren't you?

That still doesn't answer my question though. Can you tell me about the last time someone broke into a school and force-fed multiple children fentanyl until they died of an overdose?
    No no I’m not. And for the same reason you aren’t despite saying so then joking I assume with your question.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

No no I’m not.
    Damn, you're not concerned about kids dying needlessly? That's weird, man.

And for the same reason you aren’t despite saying so then joking I assume with your question.
    That's still not answering the question of when that incident you complained about happened. When did someone go and forcefully feed fentanyl to children at school until they overdosed?

When was there a drug-wielding suspect barricaded in a room that law enforcement were too terrified to enter because of the kinds of drugs he had?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Damn, you're not concerned about kids dying needlessly? That's weird, man.

That's still not answering the question of when that incident you complained about happened. When did someone go and forcefully feed fentanyl to children at school until they overdosed?

When was there a drug-wielding suspect barricaded in a room that law enforcement were too terrified to enter because of the kinds of drugs he had?
    Based on your criteria no. I’m as concerned about aliens possibly being a threat to children as my fire arms or that of legally owned guns by responsible gun owners.

And also not more than the safety of my family loved ones or anyone else’s.

And here you’re asking a loaded question that has nothing to do with what I said and couldn’t possibly be a real question or is it?

Drug over doses can happen for lots of reasons and yes kids do kill themselves many ways. Yes the fentanyl crisis impacts that.

Based on your criteria no. I’m as concerned about aliens possibly being a threat to children as my fire arms or that of legally owned guns by responsible gun owners.
    You are just saying you don't care because it hasn't affected you or your family. This has nothing to do with anyone's criteria, only your apathy because you think it simply cannot happen to you.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

The Uvalde shooter, Salvador Ramos, legally bought two AR-15's the week before he killed 19 kids and 2 teachers.

But sure:
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2023-03-26 at 11:29 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    You are just saying you don't care because it hasn't affected you or your family. This has nothing to do with anyone's criteria, only your apathy because you think it simply cannot happen to you.
    I’m saying my family is a priority to me as are those that feel the same way. My kids will be taught about guns. I don’t ignore them and honestly I wouldn’t send my kid to a school where randoms are allowed to enter the school or the administrators ignore the behavior of children when it crosses the line into unhealthy behavior.

Not a guarantee obviously but the safety of my kids and family is up to me 1st and it’s my responsibility they not be in the care of or looked after by those not taking their safety seriously.

I’m just talking about what I will do. Other families can make their own decisions and those communities.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2023-03-26 at 11:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And now Mallcop shifts to blaming teachers and administration for school shootings. Still can't fault the Uvalde police officers for what happened there? Still making shit apologies for terrible police behavior too?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    And now Mallcop shifts to blaming teachers and administration for school shootings. Still can't fault the Uvalde police officers for what happened there? Still making shit apologies for terrible police behavior too?
    Literally anything but the guns.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Literally anything but the guns.
    I can't even imagine how stressful it must be as a kid to go through a metal detector every day hoping the weekly school shooting won't be at my school.

Fun fact: schools in Germany do not have metal detectors. At all.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Fun fact: schools in Germany do not have metal detectors. At all.
    If history has shown us anything, it's that a disarmed German populace is preferable for the rest of us.

I don't know why it's always an "all or nothing" mentality with these guys. They pretend that preventing death is a pointless endeavor because people will still die to guns. Well, fucking duh? There's no way we would ever prevent all gun related deaths in this country. I doubt we could even cut the number by a quarter. BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT. The point isn't to eradicate all deaths because that is wrongfully optimistic. It's to do what we can to lower the number of deaths as much as we can, because these aren't statistics but real people with real lives and real families that will be shattered and never the same. Yeah, someone absolutely determined to kill someone will find another way (though possibly a more preventable way). But on a scale of deaths as high as we're seeing in the US? There absolutely would be a significant number of lives saved. We can't save them all, but the life saved might be someone you care about. I know it's hard to fathom unless it hits you directly, but losing someone to a shooting lingers with you forever.

But back to the weird car accident comparison, I think he made a painfully faulty correlation. I don't even know what point he was trying to make (people die in car crashes so we shouldn't care about guns? wtf?) The comparison he SHOULD make is amount of car related deaths that would occur if we didn't have things such as drivers licenses, speed limits, seat belts, or other safety features. It's disingenuous at best to force that kind of comparison as if they were equal when they are not. Even so, I don't know why it's such a foreign concept to try to improve upon two things at once. I can't even begin fathom what point he was trying to make with gun suicides. I guess we can't expect logic from someone who "doesn't ignore" their kids yet posts 43,000 times on a message board asking people what kind of cereal they like to eat.

15+ Year Old Account
    I-just-want-to-protect-my-family-crowd riddle me this, how do you protect your children in schools?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I-just-want-to-protect-my-family-crowd riddle me this, how do you protect your children in schools?
    Child-Finder-2000
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Child-Finder-2000
    You drive there when you get a text that your child is hiding in a closet and someone is shooting kids and you try to go save you kid only for law enforcement to detain you because they're too scared to go in and stop the person shooting kids.

And then you say there's just nothing to be done, those dead kids are the price that we pay societally for your right to buy guns.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/suspect-d...161355662.html
    2 adults, 3 children fatally shot at Nashville grade school
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Two adults and three children were killed in a shooting at a private Christian grade school in Nashville on Monday, hospital officials said.

While police said the suspect is dead after a confrontation with officers, it was not immediately clear whether the shooter was among the five people pronounced dead at the hospital.

The violence occurred at The Covenant School, a Presbyterian school for about 200 students from preschool through sixth grade.

The killings come as communities around the nation are reeling from a spate of school violence, including the massacre at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, last year; a first grader who shot his teacher in Virginia; and a shooting last week in Denver that wounded two administrators.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. AP’s earlier story follows below.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Three children were killed in a shooting at a private Christian grade school in Nashville on Monday, hospital officials said. The suspect is also dead after a confrontation with police.

All three children had gunshot wounds from the shooting at The Covenant School, a Presbyterian school for about 200 students from preschool through sixth grade.

The killings come as communities around the nation are reeling from a spate of school violence, including the massacre at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, last year; a first grader who shot his teacher in Virginia; and a shooting last week in Denver that wounded two administrators.

The Nashville victims were pronounced dead upon arrival at the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital, according to Craig Boerner, a spokesperson for Vanderbilt University Medical Center, which is affiliated with the children's hospital.

It was not immediately clear whether anyone else was wounded in the attack. Other students walked to safety Monday, holding hands as they left their school surrounded by police cars, to a nearby church to reunited with their parents.

The shooter died after being “engaged by” officers, Metro Nashville Police said in a Twitter post. It was not immediately clear whether the shooter died by suicide or was shot by police.

The fire department said it responded to an “active aggressor” but did not give any specifics. Other details about the shooting were not immediately available.

Police officers with rifles, heavy vests and helmets could be seen walking through the school parking lot and around the grassy perimeter of the building Monday morning. Helicopter footage from WTVF also showed the officers looking around a wooded area between the campus and a nearby road.

Jozen Reodica heard the police sirens and fire trucks blaring from outside her office building nearby. As her building was placed under lockdown, she took out her phone and recorded the chaos.

“I thought I would just see this on TV,” she said. “And right now, it’s real.”

On WTVF TV, reporter Hannah McDonald said that her mother-in-law works at the front desk at The Covenant School. The woman had stepped outside for a break Monday morning and was coming back when she heard gunshots, McDonald said during a live broadcast. The reporter said she has not been able to speak with her mother-in-law but said her husband had.

The Covenant School was founded as a ministry of Covenant Presbyterian Church in 2001, according to the school’s website. The school is located in the affluent Green Hill neighborhood just south of downtown Nashville, situated close to the cities top universities and home to the famed Bluebird Café – a beloved spot for musicians and song writers.

The grade school has 33 teachers, the website said. The school’s website features the motto “Shepherding Hearts, Empowering Minds, Celebrating Childhood.”
    Edit Updates:
    A female shooter wielding two “assault-style” rifles and a pistol killed three students and three adults at a private Christian school in Nashville on Monday, authorities said. The suspect also died after being shot by police.

Police said the shooter was a 28-year-old woman from Nashville, after initially saying she appeared to be in her teens.
    Last edited by Deus Mortis; 2023-03-27 at 06:13 PM.

are firearms the leading cause of death for children in the usa?

Jozen Reodica heard the police sirens and fire trucks blaring from outside her office building nearby. As her building was placed under lockdown, she took out her phone and recorded the chaos.

“I thought I would just see this on TV,” she said. “And right now, it’s real.
    Every time a community is rocked by a mass shooting at a school or place of worship or something it's the exact same, "I never thought it would happen in our quiet town." or "I never thought I'd be involved." from one or two people who are clearly not paying attention to just how common this kind of violence is and how it literally happens everywhere.

Per many in this thread: This is just the price "we" pay for our Second Amendment Freedoms. "We" because it doesn't actually cost those of us who aren't victims of this kind of violence or anything, it just costs others. It's nice when others have to pay the bill for our Freedoms.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    are firearms the leading cause of death for children in the usa?
    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/child-health.htm
    https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/001915.htm

These sites break it down by age range. Just typing in leading cause of death in children brings up articles that are misleading saying firearm deaths as they include deaths going all the way up to 19 year old's. Accidents are the leading cause of death in each category with age ranges between 1-14.