Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There's already an addon for the former.

The latter? Frankly, i think the people falling for this deserve the hit. It's the kind of inattentiveness that makes you fall for the blatantly obvious phishing emails. They need less dangerous opportunities to learn to pay attention, not handholding.
    Why would you argue like that? Why would you want to punish someone who does not pay attention if there was an easy way to prevent that that has no drawbacks for people that do pay attention? Just pure spite?

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Why would you argue like that? Why would you want to punish someone who does not pay attention if there was an easy way to prevent that that has no drawbacks for people that do pay attention? Just pure spite?
    Because teaching people they don't need to pay attention is a very bad idea.

So this didn't take long:
    https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon...reagentscolumn

To hide orders which do not have all materials, can even set to "show anyway if commission is at least XX"

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because teaching people they don't need to pay attention is a very bad idea.
    Reminds me of https://youtu.be/L-NSPhLHIBA?t=56

It's not Blizzard's (or any computer program designer) job to teach players to pay attention by making their life harder. The UI should be as clear and readable as possible, both for convenience and to minimise errors on user's side

Anyway, dogs are barking but the train keeps moving. Blizzard already confirmed they want to apply changes
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    What popup? I'm not getting any popup when the order creator hasn't provided all the mats. When should the popup happen? Also, how can I know the creator hasn't provided the mats, when I have all of them and the order looks like this:
    Looks like this:
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Reminds me of https://youtu.be/L-NSPhLHIBA?t=56

It's not Blizzard's (or any computer program designer) job to teach players to pay attention by making their life harder. The UI should be as clear and readable as possible, both for convenience and to minimise errors on user's side

Anyway, dogs are barking but the train keeps moving. Blizzard already confirmed they want to apply changes
    Two different matters. Clear UI isn't the same thing as not needing to pay attention. Nor is teaching people to pay attention the same as teaching them they don't need to.

-_-

What mental gymnastics
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

-_-

What mental gymnastics
    You're one to talk.

Scam means someone is trying to get advantage of someone by tricking them. Scam is the intention. And this is a scam.

Why would anyone willingly take up a 1g crafting order.
    You can just ignore the ones that are ridiculously low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Scam means someone is trying to get advantage of someone by tricking them. Scam is the intention. And this is a scam.
    I fail to see this. When you go to craft any work order that doesn't have enough mats, there is a warning message that pops up literally telling you this. At this point you can still cancel the work order.

Additionally, there's a mod out that allows you to sort if any (to all) mats are provided.

Lastly, you can also blacklist players so if you happen to see Bob doing shenanigans, just blacklist and move on.

Saying that this is a scam is a bit misleading if there wasn't other notifications put into place. Maybe player should pay more attention?
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Actually, by your own definition it isn't. "Scam means someone is trying to get advantage of someone by tricking them."
    The system makes tricking people impossible. And simply telling somebody to give you something for free isn't a scam, especially if they can just say no.

"Additionally, there's a mod out that allows you to sort if any (to all) mats are provided."
    At this point it would mean I'm using 3(4) different addons only for crafting. Seems like a cool system.
    1) tracking weekly knowledge
    2) Profession shopping list
    3) Crafters Receipt Book
    4) No mats no craft or watever it's name is.

Scam is literally the intention to trick stuff out of others. There's no if or but.
    Additionally, the game now warns you even if you provide your insight. That's not helpful because you actively have to click to add insight to a craft. Now I see warnings all the time, 90% when it's useless. When you hear the air raid sound 30th time you tend to dismiss it.

Scam is literally the intention to trick stuff out of others. There's no if or but.
    No. It's the act of tricking things out of others. Intent does not make it a scam. The person has to actually be tricked into it.

And if you ignore the air raid warning, it's not the governments fault you got hit by a bomb.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Public orders, on paper, look like a stellar plan, but in practice, it's kind of a nightmare.
    Telling people "well, pay attention" is not totally fair when the game isn't the most forthright with the information you need, mainly the "does this have everything?".
    Sure, Blizz wants to add that column that lets you know, but when will that be available? 10.1? That's like 2 months-ish away.
    In the meantime, grab yet another addon to cover up for a failure of the product team.

Maybe a better solution would be altering public orders to where if you don't provide all of the standard reagents, it auto-forces the price floor to accommodate for the current AH price of those mats?
    So like, if you want the Unstable thingie to upgrade gems but don't have the gemdust, it should check the price on the AH and, if the price is 20g and you need 25 of them, it sets the floor of the "tip" to 500g minimum, removing the chance to create it for anything lower.
    At least this way, at worst you net 0 on fulfilling an order missing some reagents instead of using your own stuff for no recompense.

Let guild orders and personal orders be the ones where you can handshake on a mixed bag while protecting the public ones and preventing users from posting bad orders, whether it be intentional or otherwise.

7+ Year Old Account
    No Mats; No Make addon fix the problem. But again community had to do work for Blizz. Imo thats obvious problem they had to face before realese and they did nothin.

Blademaster
    1+ Year Old Account
    They have said outright that ninjaing is a thing between the players to sort out, if they allow theft they are probably ok with scamming too.
    In spanglish please, like a realidad humanos.

Had a guy put up 5 orders for fierce illimited diamonds with a 10g tip, not providing the diamonds lol.