10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    Its possible guys. Just open your mind. xD
    Ewww.

Can we just do Arakkoa and Ogres please?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Ewww.

Can we just do Arakkoa and Ogres please?
    We could do Arakkoa and Arakkoa and then do Ogres and... Jinyu, maybe? I'm sure there's other options.

Simple solution to the Centaur mounting issue: just replace their lower halves with the lower half of whatever mount you want to use. They'll be the most versatile half human race in the game.

TBH if we ever get quadrupeds as playable races they could just make their Riding skill into an specific racial and make them unable to use regular mounts. Ground mount is easy piece, just give them their version of Running Wild, and for a flight give them a skill that works like the Sandstone Drake or Druid Flight form.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    TBH if we ever get quadrupeds as playable races they could just make their Riding skill into an specific racial and make them unable to use regular mounts. Ground mount is easy piece, just give them their version of Running Wild, and for a flight give them a skill that works like the Sandstone Drake or Druid Flight form.
    True, mechanically it's already solved, the problem is Blizz probably isn't sure folks would play such a race since mount collecting is such a big part of the game, and if folks DO play them but then become less obsessed with mount collecting they might be less drawn to staying subbed. High risk low reward from Blizz's pov.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    That's the gimmick of the Ogre race, as seen in HoTS
    Wait what? I think it would be hilarious if Ogres just carried their mounts like idiots while the mount looks completely confused about the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Let's not get overly dramatic and treat SL as some kind of WoD 2.0, where people get literal rabies when see something connected to these expansions. SL is, and always will be, a part of WoW universe, and these races were well done and received positive reception.
    I still blame SL's unreasonably poor reception of players who didn't wanna play anymore or equated RL company issues with poor gameplay as the reason we didn't get Covenant Allied Races / player "Ascensions".

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    True, mechanically it's already solved, the problem is Blizz probably isn't sure folks would play such a race since mount collecting is such a big part of the game, and if folks DO play them but then become less obsessed with mount collecting they might be less drawn to staying subbed. High risk low reward from Blizz's pov.
    Tbh especially if AR unlock requirements remain, even players who main Centaur would be likely to still play alts.

Also, my main is a Druid, I could do all content save Dragonriding (so far) without using any mount, but I still love collecting them.

Honestly, a mounted-only "Humanoid Legs Visage" isn't too far out, especially if the race also got a Running Wild and maybe a winged form for good measure.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I guess like this?

Honestly this is a reasonable question. With mechagnomes and then with Dracthyr we are seeing what elements of customization people are willing to sacrifice to play a specific race. Would people be willing to sacrifice mounts? You could give the Centaurs running wild and have them be their own ground mount. As for flight, maybe Blessing of Ohn'ara gives them the ability to air walk like so many wingless horse mounts in WoW. So if you pick to play a centaur, no mount for you.
    And if a Centaur is a valid choice, so are children of Cenarius, so are Naga, heck so are Nerubians (and Naga and Nerubians are ideas that were workshopped for WoW back when they were developing the game).
    Damn, thats high fantasy right there! Missing some one riding him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Damn, thats high fantasy right there! Missing some one riding him as well.
    I mean the joke there is how tiny that centaur is. Or how huge the horse is. If you shrink the centaur in half, ofc they can ride a horse.

- - - Updated - - -

The way I see it, when adding a new race the results are the following

a) A player who focuses largely on a single character may race change or roll a new main. That player would indeed then lose the incentive to collect mounts since they barely play with alts.
    b) A player rolls a new character to play this race. Such a player still cares for alts so collecting mounts remains relevant to them. The addition of a new alt to their roster possibly means additional playtime and engagement.
    c) A player joins or rejoins the game because they always wanted to play that race. Even if this player stops playing after a while because of a reduced incentive, they still have purchased an expansion (and possibly the main game as well) because of that race being added.

c) A/B are known values to Blizzard. They have the data on account gameplay behaviour; they know how many active characters an account has on average. It is probably possible for them to have some data on how important mount collecting is to players on average. They can make a very educated guess on how adding a new race that cannot mount would affect playtime if they let the data guide them.

We are playing an expansion right now where you only use 4 different mounts.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I was going to say Mechagnomes, given they are flatly unable to transmog pants and boots. Dracthyr might only be able to transmog belts, tabards, and shoulders, but at least they have visage form.

Not being able to ride mounts is definitely an issue for Centuar though. Feels like a Centaur race would ideally always be mounted, which is just not feasible in-game.
    Centaurs would be mounts. I mean, why not?

Next races should be ogres(low chance)/mok'nathal for the horde and tuskarr for the alliance, both factions can raid and be in guild together so it doesn't matter anymore which faction gets who.

Mok'nathal are coming to kalimdor, tuskarr could easily be turned to playable race.
    Ogres have the lowest chance because of size and models currently missing a lot of player animations.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2023-03-29 at 07:08 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Next races should be ogres/mok'nathal for the horde and tuskarr for the alliance, both factions can raid and be in guild together so it doesn't matter anymore which faction gets who.
    I mean ogres are a core horde race. They were in before even trolls and taurens.
    Actually, Vanilla should have had High Elves instead of Night Elves and Ogres instead of Forsaken. Nelves and Undead are pretty much their own faction. Their inclusion was forced.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I mean ogres are a core horde race. They were in before even trolls and taurens.
    Actually, Vanilla should have had High Elves instead of Night Elves and Ogres instead of Forsaken. Nelves and Undead are pretty much their own faction. Their inclusion was forced.
    Sadly the problem with ogres is the same as vrykul - their size and clipping through the roof, blocking themselves while entering many buildings etc.

Always wanted ogres but now more realistic chance have mok'nathal after orc questline since they already have all player animations(Kultiran rig) and blizzard already figured out their silhouette for male body, now they need female models or body 2 models like they have it now.
    Kul tiran female model rig has cool animations for heavier race, so they can also use that for body(females) 2 mok'nathal models.

Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2023-03-29 at 07:17 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Sadly the problem with ogres is the same as vrykul - their size and clipping through the roof, blocking themselves while entering many buildings etc.

Always wanted ogres but now more realistic chance have mok'nathal after orc questline since they already have all player animations(Kultiran rig) and blizzard already figured out their silhouette for male body, now they need female models or body 2 models like they have it now.
    Well if they wanted to add Ogres in Vanilla, they would have made doors bigger. Now though, they need a revamp for that. Hmmm, revamp.

Well if they wanted to add Ogres in Vanilla, they would have made doors bigger. Now though, they need a revamp for that. Hmmm, revamp.
    I would very warmly welcome Vrykuls and ogres if they truly did figure out something out for bigger races to fit as playable races.

Funny thing is when i played WOTLK many, many years ago i thought in my head "vrykuls, ogres would be so awesome to play, maybe in next 10 years it will happen), it still didn't happen.

But if they not, i hope mok'nathal will find a place, since i love rexxar model too, also some questlines with updated leoroxx would be awesome.

Tbh the relation of Ogres and the Horde is not exactly rosy. The Ogres did enslave and kill the Orcs and the Orcs did destroy the Ogres' cities and reduced them to their current state.
    If we do get Ogres I hope they are affected by Ogr'ila and have reclaimed some of their former skills by claiming some of the Apexis relics from BEM. Give me Highmaul-level Ogres, not inarticulate brutes that live in ruins.

And I don't think most doors are THAT short. I can get through most doors while mounted as a Dracthyr or Tauren. An Ogre should be able to get in if they just dismount first.

Well if they wanted to add Ogres in Vanilla, they would have made doors bigger.
    Even Tauren, who got made a bit smaller for WoW, had issues getting through doors, same with some mounts.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Tbh the relation of Ogres and the Horde is not exactly rosy. The Ogres did enslave and kill the Orcs and the Orcs did destroy the Ogres' cities and reduced them to their current state.
    I was wondering why no one mentioned this earlier. I'm considering the ogre as part of the original horde races but my timeline has that happens after a long armistice and the threat posed by other less friendly nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I was wondering why no one mentioned this earlier. I'm considering the ogre as part of the original horde races but my timeline has that happens after a long armistice and the threat posed by other less friendly nations.
    Yeah ogres mostly crossed the Dark Portal as mercenaries and had no real loyalty to the Horde. And really their descend from a fairly advanced society to the savage brutes of the first two wars to what we currently have in WoW is truly rapid.