Poll: Will they stop after Classic WoTLK or keep going?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Is it though?
    Sure people hated WoD. But what it did it did good. Problem was what was missing.

BFA i could give you. But the major problems could be addressed in a rerelease.

Cata WAS liked. And played. Not as much as WotLK. But still.
    WoD had one good thing, only one thing: The raids. Besides that, nothing. Might aswell just slip in those raids in any given xpac to let players have fun with.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see a reason for them to stop...
    CATA was loved by many.
    MOP has some of the best raids, story and dungeons in the game. I know a bunch of people who regretted not playing it because it looked stupid with the pandas and all.
    WOD was raidwise arguably nearly at the top of all expansions. It suffered from bugs (which would be fixed now) and lack of content asside from raids which can either be fixed by new open world stuff or just compressing the timeline.
    Legion was fine as is. Maybe tweak the whole AP thing.
    BFA was also not unplayable if you ignore the initial gearing problems which also can be fixxed in hindsight.

They cannot change the story. But that is done. Live with it.

They have YEARS of finished content with the only cost for them being fixxed cost like customer support (lol), server and a bit of dev time for bugfixing.

They should implement rolling servers though. 2 expansions apart.

So when WOTLK moves into CATA a new wave of servers for vanilla starts and so on.
    Cata was the end of "classic wow" and a huge shift in wow. Bigger than many here seem to remember. Wether it did more damage or good for the game overall is probably a subjective view that is difficult to give a certain answer to. Cata is, in essence, more or less what retail wow is today.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Cata was the end of "classic wow" and a huge shift in wow. Bigger than many here seem to remember. Wether it did more damage or good for the game overall is probably a subjective view that is difficult to give a certain answer to. Cata is, in essence, more or less what retail wow is today.
    I sound like a broken record but in my view, mid / late Wrath is basically a Cata Alpha / Beta.

Aside from itemization, where Cata did change quite a bit, Wrath is not *that* different from Cata, it merely solidified what was already going on in Wrath.

I like how people keep saying that Cata was the end of classic wow etc etc but then people are playing more Retail than Classic at all.

Cata was fine, real raid difficulty real HC difficulty and somehow better talents tree - the right middle ground between Wotlk and MoP

----------------

MoP probably was one of the best XPAC with Legion just for Class Balance + Raid

"BBBBBUT PANDAS" baboons that repeat this forgot that they played a game with Cows, Space Goat and Gnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    I like how people keep saying that Cata was the end of classic wow etc etc but then people are playing more Retail than Classic at all.

Cata was fine, real raid difficulty real HC difficulty and somehow better talents tree - the right middle ground between Wotlk and MoP

----------------

MoP probably was one of the best XPAC with Legion just for Class Balance + Raid

"BBBBBUT PANDAS" baboons that repeat this forgot that they played a game with Cows, Space Goat and Gnomes.
    ofc more ppl flock to retail, its new. Even though I love classic, its still old AF and "solved" a long time ago. When it comes to raiding, m+ & pvp - retail is ofc better.

MoP was OK for the most part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I sound like a broken record but in my view, mid / late Wrath is basically a Cata Alpha / Beta.

Aside from itemization, where Cata did change quite a bit, Wrath is not *that* different from Cata, it merely solidified what was already going on in Wrath.
    True, hard to disagree. It started with WotLK but atleast that xpac somewhat correlates with classic. Cata is a definite end.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Why would they add dungeon finder in Cata when they wont do it in WotLK were it was introduced?
    It was not introduced until TOC patch, they could surprise us all and actually release it now.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    It was not introduced until TOC patch, they could surprise us all and actually release it now.
    Highly doubt it. They went out big & heavy explaining why they wouldnt add it in WotLK.

Need MoP classic bad. Retail is rebuilding too slowly after deconstructing in WoD and Legion.

They will do it. I don't know why people even hope they don't.
    "End of classic era". Sure. Whatever. WHo cares? Do you really think the current WOTLK Servers will be populated forever?
    They have to rotate anyway and taking the main servers all the way... there is nothing to loose for them. Minimal invested with a potentially huge payoff.

I truely don't understand why people would have problems with this. They will definetly start new classic servers anyway.

I just hope they give us M+ as soon as cata.
    THAT would actually be interesting and another path besides raiding.
    Don't like it? Don't play it. It is just more content. Heroics are and will always be useless content one month into the given expansion.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    My gut tells me April/May, dont ask me why
    I think the same, looking forward to it then!

I just hope they give us M+ as soon as cata.
    THAT would actually be interesting and another path besides raiding.
    Don't like it? Don't play it. It is just more content. Heroics are and will always be useless content one month into the given expansion.
    It's a very disingenuous argument in my mind.

The big elephant in the room are the rewards, which are naturally enticing every player to engage in a given piece of content, if those rewards is actual power, then that content can become either the "Meta" way for catchup gear or even be the source of BiS Items, at which point you're strongly compelled to engage in those modes.
    So if you're not a big fan of a given mode but it rewards power upgrades for your character, you're not exactly making those people happy.

It's one of the reasons why Blizzard split PvE and PvP gear, because the overlap pissed off PvE players that felt compelled to engage in PvP for items (see how original TBC went down when people jumped with fresh 70's into BG's to grab Gladiator Armor) or every time a PvP Player had to do PvE for BiS Items.

And frankly, given how they've designed H+ in Wotlk Classic, my hopes for any new content in any Classic iterations has been very much tainted, because those Affixes there are in my mind a condensation of the worst M+ Affixes.

It's a very disingenuous argument in my mind.

The big elephant in the room are the rewards, which are naturally enticing every player to engage in a given piece of content, if those rewards is actual power, then that content can become either the "Meta" way for catchup gear or even be the source of BiS Items, at which point you're strongly compelled to engage in those modes.
    So if you're not a big fan of a given mode but it rewards power upgrades for your character, you're not exactly making those people happy.

It's one of the reasons why Blizzard split PvE and PvP gear, because the overlap pissed off PvE players that felt compelled to engage in PvP for items (see how original TBC went down when people jumped with fresh 70's into BG's to grab Gladiator Armor) or every time a PvP Player had to do PvE for BiS Items.

And frankly, given how they've designed H+ in Wotlk Classic, my hopes for any new content in any Classic iterations has been very much tainted, because those Affixes there are in my mind a condensation of the worst M+ Affixes.
    Then split mythic+ and raid gear too i don't care.
    I just don't see a reason to activly ask for less content when a perfectly fine way to play the game exists that people actually play besides raids.

I get the "but you have to to stay competetive" argument. I have to do M+ on retail right noe because it give so much better loot than raiding up to the last two bosses. I basically only wear M+ except the trinkets....

I said that for years. Make raid/M+/PvP gear be normal ilvl but as soon as you go into their respective content go lower if it doesn't come from there.
    Blizzard doesn't want that. And in the end i don't mind too much.

Even if i don't play M+ i would be competetive. Just not extremly so.

Then split mythic+ and raid gear too i don't care.
    That hasn't even happened in Retail, so the chances of that ever happening in Classic is even less likely.
    I just don't see a reason to activly ask for less content when a perfectly fine way to play the game exists that people actually play besides raids.
    Feel like there's some irony in this statement, given that we're discussing a Classic Expansion here that will have objectively less content than Retail.

Classic as a product appeals to a certain audience that want a rather specific product, where the quantity of content is secondary to the type of content available / existing.

Because as eluded previously, if the amount of content is a bigger priority to the player, then Retail is absolutely more suited for that kind of player.

That hasn't even happened in Retail, so the chances of that ever happening in Classic is even less likely.

Feel like there's some irony in this statement, given that we're discussing a Classic Expansion here that will have objectively less content than Retail.

Classic as a product appeals to a certain audience that want a rather specific product, where the quantity of content is secondary to the type of content available / existing.

Because as eluded previously, if the amount of content is a bigger priority to the player, then Retail is absolutely more suited for that kind of player.
    I disagree. Cata changes the game anyway allready.
    I now a bunch of people who want to play MoP because they have quit before it came out but regretted it afterwards. Cata on the other hand not so much...
    Cata was still played a bunch but lost players rapidly. First expansion where this happend.
    If there is any expansion where you should change it up it is cata.

Classic/TBC/Wotlk have the nostalgia factor. Cata never really had that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Classic plus ?! Naah prob never goin to happen. Classic should be classic and thats all. They should just open few servers in other timeline and thats the end. Play old one or go for retail. All expansions? Why not open 1 server each shouldnt be a problem tbh. Ppl will chose which one is more poppular anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Classic plus ?! Naah prob never goin to happen. Classic should be classic and thats all. They should just open few servers in other timeline and thats the end. Play old one or go for retail. All expansions? Why not open 1 server each shouldnt be a problem tbh. Ppl will chose which one is more poppular anyway.
    I think they should add a server to experiment with how a WoW 2.0 might work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I think they should add a server to experiment with how a WoW 2.0 might work.
    They should. Could be nice but you know. Its gamble. You need money for this :P Excel wount allow to experiment imo.

Classic/TBC/Wotlk have the nostalgia factor. Cata never really had that.
    We agree on something...my revisions on lore replaces Cataclysm with a more "elemental" expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    We agree on something...my revisions on lore replaces Cataclysm with a more "elemental" expansion.
    Looks like we are in here now. Its called dragonflight quite emblembed with elemental

I disagree. Cata changes the game anyway allready.
    I said it in a previous post, Cata in the grand scheme of things merely solidified changes that were already in with Wotlk.

Cata is often portrayed as this massive shift, when in reality the endgame of Wotlk and Cata are not *that* different.
    I now a bunch of people who want to play MoP because they have quit before it came out but regretted it afterwards. Cata on the other hand not so much...
    I really don't see how Nostalgia factors into this.

They also sffrf H+ in Wotlk, the main reason why it isn't more about is largely because it serves as catchup gear, but there the discussion seems rather mixed from what i've seen.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2023-03-30 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Looks like we are in here now. Its called dragonflight quite emblembed with elemental
    My revision explores the first "Elemental expansion" as the deep oceans. This will entail a lot of material that will have you rolling a new character (new races, new classes) and keeping your character busy, and rarely ever visiting the "shallows." (The Vashj'ir will be the premier power of the oceans and strictly neutral at first.)

Probably won't be the most popular idea...but I aim for thoroughness in lore. And if you think Azeroth was big, it'll get bigger...and deeper exploring the depths of the elements.