Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    OK this is very interesting: https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-4/new...ablo-iv-332192

I had forgotten this was a thing. Apparently spells get more and more visual intense at high rank. I was playing rogue and not using any flashy skills so I did not notice (though my Shadow imbuement was rank 7). Apparently if you stack up the gear to rank up a favourite skill it can go all the way to RANK 18! So if it gets more and more impressive visually it does make sense that rank 1 would be somewhat subdued and since at lvl 25 most people would only rank up a couple of their offensive skills and probably have at most +2/+3 from gear some of the complaints should be adressed. your skills will be much more impactful visually once you are high level and properly geared.
    Cooler yet it's not only visually, it's also a size difference. Things get larger areas and such which will impact your gameplay in subtle ways.
    Curious how these things work for Were-forms and stuff like Hydra. Maybe X amount of skills increases heads?

Speaking of druids, apparently your hair color did do subtle coloring changes to the fur of your were-form even. Not sure many noticed this since I assume most only played one character and didn't bother changing hair a lot. I know I didn't at least.

At this point this game is getting closer and closer to Kojima details. Which I absolutely love.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Cooler yet it's not only visually, it's also a size difference. Things get larger areas and such which will impact your gameplay in subtle ways.
    Curious how these things work for Were-forms and stuff like Hydra. Maybe X amount of skills increases heads?
    For Hydras, I don't think more heads as there are already some passives/bonuses that proc hydras with more heads (like a 5-headed one). But they can become more fiery, bigger... plenty of options and that's indeed excellent news.

I had Hydras at level 6, didn't notice a difference but I can't say I looked in details either tbh...

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    For Hydras, I don't think more heads as there are already some passives/bonuses that proc hydras with more heads (like a 5-headed one). But they can become more fiery, bigger... plenty of options and that's indeed excellent news.

I had Hydras at level 6, didn't notice a difference but I can't say I looked in details either tbh...
    Considering the size increases for AOE spells, which makes them more effective, I do assume based on that something similar happens with Hydras. Even if there are other skill points or legendaries that does something similar. I'm sure there are some legendaries that increases the AOE of certain spells even if more skill points does so as well..

Would be a shame if certain spells don't become more effective in a "size" manner of ways, though that's a possibility. I hope they get more heads tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Respecs are fairly freebie, the cost is per spec point rising with your level.

From what I heard, a full respec at max level is about 1.2m gold, which sounds a ton, but just isn't given that in beta I was farming about 300k/hour chill at level 25.
    I had heard that at level 100(in the closed endgame beta that's running atm), respeccing is 200k per point, or around 12.6m gold for a full respec. And people said they were farming around 2m per hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    I had heard that at level 100(in the closed endgame beta that's running atm), respeccing is 200k per point, or around 12.6m gold for a full respec. And people said they were farming around 2m per hour.
    Yeah things just doesn't make sense now.

On one side we have the official blizzard position:

There is going to be a point where it's going to be too expensive to refund all points and it's actually better to make a new character if you want to change your build
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6IGAh51vTk&t=569s

On another side we got all these rumors coming from the closed Beta saying numbers like the one you posted so it's either Blizzard changed their mind or the closed beta have different numbers than release or the rumors are false.....because no single person is gonna start all over again for a 6 hours of collateral farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    If it is so, then it's a mistake on blizz part imo.

It's still better than some other games of genre, but I just don't understand it. I'm okay if a full reset would require an hour of farm - it would be good just to keep shit sane so meta won't be resetting every bloody boss/dung.

But that should be it.

Although at least most cases, you'd probably just flip few points anyway. Still would be bad if prices you say are real.

- - - Updated - - -

As a whole I never understood this ARPG's tight-assness with respecs. Like I get the gist, as noted above, but it does not mean it should be fucking crazy to the point respeccing is "lol better roll new character".

It's my pet peeve with PoE even beyond its mess.

I wish getting to 100 let you buy dual spec for e.g. 25 mil and you could buy further loadouts for an increasing cost (50M, 100M, 200M etc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I wish getting to 100 let you buy dual spec for e.g. 25 mil and you could buy further loadouts for an increasing cost (50M, 100M, 200M etc.)
    I am almost certain they will add it eventually with some limitation like only switching in town.

As a whole I never understood this ARPG's tight-assness with respecs. Like I get the gist, as noted above, but it does not mean it should be fucking crazy to the point respeccing is "lol better roll new character".

It's my pet peeve with PoE even beyond its mess.
    There's a segment of people who feel like unlimited respecs ruins the "build progression" and "character fantasy" of their diablo characters. Personally, I couldn't give two shits about those aspects, I want to be able to freely change my talents at any time, to take advantage of any new legendary/set I receive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

I am almost certain they will add it eventually with some limitation like only switching in town.
    When you have so many different game modes, forcing a player to pick one way to play for all of them is very restrictive. And sure people talk about D2 but D2 did not even have a structured end game it was all what players made from it.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-03-29 at 10:26 AM.

I feel like they're probably trying to please everyone with respecs, but as usual when you do that, you end up pleasing no one.

There is the group #1 of people who would want respecs to not even exist. Totally impossible nowadays, especially with builds & content variety (you'd want to have a single-target oriented build for single-target dungeons, multi target, maybe PvP, world boss etc). Would push everyone into one single popular / meta build without any room to play around. Not even mentioning the fact that as an MMO, we can expect many balance passes that may render your current build totally trash from one week to another.

And there is the group #2 who want respecs to be free at all times. I'm more on this side, but of course it can't be really free, there has to be some level of commitment (otherwise the "meta" for dungeon would be for you to respec in the middle of a dungeon before facing a boss and that's not sustainable).

I'm OK if respeccing costs, as indicated above, a few hours of grind. But that'll also depend on the endgame which I know nothing about (do we have any info ?). If we can expect having to respec once per season with balance patches, then OK, you'll very likely have accumulated enough wealth through normal gameplay to make it not so much of a burden.
    But if we have to respec 5 times per day because any single content require a different build, then it'll be a problem.

Additionally, I didn't pay too much attention to costs while respeccing, but I hope it will only costs money for real changes, and not the "buffer" changes you have to make to not break your tree (like taking one point off the ult, assign it somewhere else to allow the system to remove / rearrange one from your main spells, then remove this buffer point and put back in Ult). If it's like X gold per click, that will be a total mess
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2023-03-29 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post

And there is the group #2 who want respecs to be free at all times. I'm more on this side, but of course it can't be really free, there has to be some level of commitment (otherwise the "meta" for dungeon would be for you to respec in the middle of a dungeon before facing a boss and that's not sustainable).
    Non issue, simply make respec free but only in safe places (those where your character sheathe weapon and cant use skills).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Non issue, simply make respec free but only in safe places (those where your character sheathe weapon and cant use skills).
    I think the problem mostly comes from potential degen gameplay where meta is respeccing right and left.

What you ask for is no biggie for a true defen gamer, town portal - insta respec - go back finish boss with full blast ST build.

So no, there should be a cost where such bullshit simply is not sustainable, but it should be within reason, so people aren't hopelessly locked into a jail of their own making.

I think the problem mostly comes from potential degen gameplay where meta is respeccing right and left.

What you ask for is no biggie for a true defen gamer, town portal - insta respec - go back finish boss with full blast ST build.

So no, there should be a cost where such bullshit simply is not sustainable, but it should be within reason, so people aren't hopelessly locked into a jail of their own making.
    You can limit going back into those spaces. In GR in D3 you simply are locked in build you go into.

With cos tied to respec you also can just respec before boss, not even opening town portal. So yeah.

But...is there really a "no-respec" part of the community?
    I mean, of course there is, MMO communities don't have a consensus on absolutely anything.Even if Blizzard handed free months of subs,if they told us "This one is on us...enjoy the freebie /fistpump" some people would still complain and see it as a sign of decline but I see so little support to a gargantuan requirement for respec on the community that I wonder is this is not one of those "It's Blizzard who wants it not the players"...If it is Blizzard who see it a replayability factor that can extend the life cicle of the product.

Well the opacity in this aspect ( and a clear picture about endgame) is the reason I'm not buying on release and that means I'm not buying the more expensive editions. If this a marketing mechanism, not showing everything to not scare some players away, at least in my case it has the opposite effect.

For everything else I really enjoyed most that I saw on the Beta: don't be retard on respecs , get nice loops on endgame and you got my money.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

From what I hear there will be 0 changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    From what I hear there will be 0 changes.
    I mean, I don't expect anything to really change in 2 months before global launch (insert inevitable "Blizz doesn't listen", when people see Blizz did not miraculously develop and push changes they proposed within 2 months).

Let's be real - what you see is what you get as far as Act 1 goes, except for maybe some early game buffs/nerfs here and there and some stability fixes.

But some of that feedback may become stories to develop for let's say Season 2 patch or some fixes along the way.

I mean, I don't expect anything to really change in 2 months before global launch (insert inevitable "Blizz doesn't listen", when people see Blizz did not miraculously develop and push changes they proposed within 2 months).

Let's be real - what you see is what you get as far as Act 1 goes, except for maybe some early game buffs/nerfs here and there and some stability fixes.

But some of that feedback may become stories to develop for let's say Season 2 patch or some fixes along the way.
    Well, you do poke fun of the people I did aim my comment at.

There will be changes between now and release. 100% guaranteed.
    Will there be vast system reworks? Hardly. But that's also never been the case for 99% of betas, nor the purpose of the betas.
    Alpha testing are for system reworks and changes. Betas are for tweaks, maybe 1-2 slightly larger changes to things that are in practice easy to do...

People just have weird expectations of what a beta is for and then get surprised they didn't scrap the entire game and rebuilt it and "lol they changed nothing".

There will be some legendary tweaks, some talent stuff, maybe a change or 2 to some spells.
    Balance changes in general. Some QOL stuff added, some UI tweaks.
    all based on feedback.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2023-03-29 at 06:10 PM.

Seems many if not all the uniques have been datamined. Beware of spoilers
    https://diablo4.cc/us/Unique
    Some of them are spicy. And there are options for permanent werewolf or werebear form.