Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WoW Subscriber count according to chatgpt

According to the information available to you, how many players are subscribed to World of Warcraft

as of September 2021, Blizzard reported that World of Warcraft had 6.5 million active subscribers

My database says that there's a total of 3412348 unique characters that has ever set foot inside of a mythic+ dungeon and completed that particular run.

What percentage of characters do you assume are alt characters?

According to a 2018 survey by Blizzard, approximately 42% of World of Warcraft players reported having two or more characters at maximum level, and 24%

42% of 3412348 is approximately 1434911 alt characters.

Subtracting 1434911 from the total number of unique characters that have completed a mythic+ dungeon run (3412348) gives us 1977437 non-alt characters.

According to surveys and whatnot, in 2021 how many players were strictly pvp only players

according to a 2018 survey by Blizzard, 49% of World of Warcraft players reported that they engage in both PvE and PvP content, while 18% reported that they mainly play PvE content and 15% reported that they mainly play PvP content.

According to Activision Blizzard's Q3 2021 financial results, World of Warcraft had 6.5 million active subscribers as of September 2021. Therefore, if we assume that the percentage of PvP-only players has remained relatively stable since 2018, then approximately 975,000 players may be mainly playing PvP content in World of Warcraft. However, it's important to note that these are estimates based on assumptions, and that actual player behavior and preferences may vary.

So in 2021, the total number of players was 6.4 million something, what's the percentage downfall in players from 6.4million to 1.97 million

Assuming the number of non-alt characters that completed a mythic+ dungeon run (1.97 million) is accurate, we can calculate the percentage change from 6.5 million to 1.97 million as follows:

((6.5 million - 1.97 million) / 6.5 million) x 100% = 69.08%

Therefore, the percentage decline in the number of non-alt characters that have completed a mythic+ dungeon run from 6.5 million to 1.97 million is approximately 69.08%. However, it's important to note that this calculation assumes that all non-alt characters that have completed a mythic+ dungeon run are also active subscribers, which may not necessarily be the case.

Therefore, the estimated total number of PvP and non-alt PvE characters that have completed a mythic+ dungeon run in World of Warcraft, based on the earlier assumptions and calculations, is approximately 2,270,726.

2.27million unique players, however this number could be lower or higher.

Thoughts?

That's a lot of words for we don't know for sure

1.5 to 3 million is about what I'd expect. The game had black swan breakout success, and even if a fraction of those people stuck around long after it had fallen out of the mainstream, that is still going to be a lot of people. The game does well on twitch streams and youtube which shows that there is still interest in it. The fact that the game still has multiple fansites and fan forums and an addon community also says a lot. The other MMOs don't have anywhere near this level of online engagement. No other game out there holds the same appeal as WoW, with its powermetal aesthetics, war theme, and snappy combat and 20 years of content and mounts and toys and transmogs to go through.

Well given that Blizzard stopped reporting sub counts since WoD and your very first things is the subs reported by Blizz in 2021, it's definitely bad data what you have there.
    And this is why AI should have never made it to public use ... people take what it throws as facts when it's in fact all the speculation and fake news it can find in its database.
    There is absolutely no way to accurately tell how many subs WoW has unless Blizz announces it ... get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Well given that Blizzard stopped reporting sub counts since WoD and your very first things is the subs reported by Blizz in 2021, it's definitely bad data what you have there.
    And this is why AI should have never made it to public use ... people take what it throws as facts when it's in fact all the speculation and fake news it can find in its database.
    There is absolutely no way to accurately tell how many subs WoW has unless Blizz announces it ... get over it.
    I find it more sad that this tool that can potentially take away the jobs of thousands of people is being used as a way to win a forum argument

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody but ActiBlizz knows the actual count for sure.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

First of all "2 and more" doesn't mean 2. I have ~50 for example. And I don't do M+ and PVP.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    First of all "2 and more" doesn't mean 2. I have ~50 for example. And I don't do M+ and PVP.
    To be fair, you don't actually do anything but complain on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    That's a lot of words for we don't know for sure
    Pretty much this.
    Keep in mind ChatGPT is only as good as the data it has available.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like all the other attempts, even a ChatGPT AI, can't know all details,

Even the pool of questions are flawed.

So, we return to, "We are not Blizzard, we do not know".
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    According to the information available to you, how many players are subscribed to World of Warcraft

as of September 2021, Blizzard reported that World of Warcraft had 6.5 million active subscribers

My database says that there's a total of 3412348 unique characters that has ever set foot inside of a mythic+ dungeon and completed that particular run.

What percentage of characters do you assume are alt characters?

According to a 2018 survey by Blizzard, approximately 42% of World of Warcraft players reported having two or more characters at maximum level, and 24%

42% of 3412348 is approximately 1434911 alt characters.

Subtracting 1434911 from the total number of unique characters that have completed a mythic+ dungeon run (3412348) gives us 1977437 non-alt characters.

According to surveys and whatnot, in 2021 how many players were strictly pvp only players

according to a 2018 survey by Blizzard, 49% of World of Warcraft players reported that they engage in both PvE and PvP content, while 18% reported that they mainly play PvE content and 15% reported that they mainly play PvP content.

According to Activision Blizzard's Q3 2021 financial results, World of Warcraft had 6.5 million active subscribers as of September 2021. Therefore, if we assume that the percentage of PvP-only players has remained relatively stable since 2018, then approximately 975,000 players may be mainly playing PvP content in World of Warcraft. However, it's important to note that these are estimates based on assumptions, and that actual player behavior and preferences may vary.

So in 2021, the total number of players was 6.4 million something, what's the percentage downfall in players from 6.4million to 1.97 million

Assuming the number of non-alt characters that completed a mythic+ dungeon run (1.97 million) is accurate, we can calculate the percentage change from 6.5 million to 1.97 million as follows:

((6.5 million - 1.97 million) / 6.5 million) x 100% = 69.08%

Therefore, the percentage decline in the number of non-alt characters that have completed a mythic+ dungeon run from 6.5 million to 1.97 million is approximately 69.08%. However, it's important to note that this calculation assumes that all non-alt characters that have completed a mythic+ dungeon run are also active subscribers, which may not necessarily be the case.

Therefore, the estimated total number of PvP and non-alt PvE characters that have completed a mythic+ dungeon run in World of Warcraft, based on the earlier assumptions and calculations, is approximately 2,270,726.

2.27million unique players, however this number could be lower or higher.

Thoughts?
    Literally a lot of shit for guessing and not knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    As the whole bullshit calculation above was from a base of ALL M+ runs this season... you don't matter here.

You don't do M+ so you were not even in the original number.

OT:
    In the end. We don't know and most of all IT DOES NOT FREAKING MATTER!
    Blizz seas when numbers drop significantly and they can change accordingly. If they don't maybe forums overblow propblem XYZ because they themselves don't liket sometthing.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    pointless thread is pointless

Blizz stop giving sub because you people have the itch to comment and overthink everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    To be fair, you don't actually do anything but complain on these forums.
    Now now that's not fair

Sometimes he gets constantly murdered by world quest mobs

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Now now that's not fair

Sometimes he gets constantly murdered by world quest mobs
    Yeah, that's why I play old xpacks instead of DF. And it's Blizzards' problem, that they don't want to have my money.

Blizzard stopped to reveal sub numbers, because they decided, that revenue from microtransactions >> popularity of game.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

The amount of people who don't understand AI and take GPT for gospel scares me.

Only that the OP has no idea about the basics of chatgpt.

The number is about what I would have guessed aswell, but ofcourse only Blizzard has the real numbers.

I wonder also how many of the active players are like me, I've 2 logins since 10.7 was released, have yesterday finished the quests on the new island and opened 7-8 doors, got 4 gems for the ring and that's it. I havent done a single m+ in months, did LFR last time about 1.5 months ago and when I login, I usually play for 1-2hrs then gets bored and logout. Note that I've played since vanilla, hardcore raider up until half of Shadowlands but then just 99% faded out as the game got so boring and copy/paste from expansion to expansion, heck in DL we didnt even get new dungeons, just a "slice of the worldmap with some trashpacks and bosses thrown in".

What I'm trying to say is, I count as an active subscriber but I'm 100% useless for the game community, never participate in anything and could just as well have been a bot or an NPC. So the real question is, how many are daily active and just not LFR heroes that does an m+ once in a blue moon?