Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    about as useful as chatgpt's ncaa predictions.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon.../files/4363563

One of the "latest" versions of weakauras has 2m downloads. we can assume wow has probably at least that number of players

For something more recent, there is this version of details: https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon.../files/4427477 with 1.4m downloads.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon.../files/4363563

One of the "latest" versions of weakauras has 2m downloads. we can assume wow has probably at least that number of players

For something more recent, there is this version of details: https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon.../files/4427477 with 1.4m downloads.
    well I'm on the curseforge app and it's telling me that Raider IO has 241.1 million downloads, Bagnon has 89.1 million, Auctionator has 70 million and DBM has 427 million

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    well I'm on the curseforge app and it's telling me that Raider IO has 241.1 million downloads, Bagnon has 89.1 million, Auctionator has 70 million and DBM has 427 million
    yeah, addon dowloads help us narrow down the sub numbers to somewhere below 500m

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Yeah, that's why I play old xpacks instead of DF. And it's Blizzards' problem, that they don't want to have my money.

Blizzard stopped to reveal sub numbers, because they decided, that revenue from microtransactions >> popularity of game.
    If you play old expansions, you already give them your money. No point making TWO things for you with the same experience, it doesn't get them double money anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    This person made one thread about it, and that doesn't come anywhere close to being an obsession.
    Mate. We have had hundreds of these threads from different people since they stopped announcing the numbers, all with the same conclusion and answer, yet, they continue?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Those are the total downloads LOL

I posted the number of specific versions. For example, the version of details i posted before was released early march and reached 1.4m downloads before being replaced by a newer one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    *shrugs*
    It doesn't seem to me that there was much thought given to making DF.
    And while it ain't all hugs and singing peace and harmony, I should wonder how far Blizz will go. (Maybe Activision is making moves to sell Blizz to Disney...wouldn't that be amusing)
    Not.. given much thought into making DF? Do you think everything is just scrap from another desk? Or is this some salty reply for the game not being edgy enough, or just admit that it isn't your type of content? Like Shadowlands wasn't people's type, or BFA? I mean, Legion seems to be the last one who had overall good reaction.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Mate. We have had hundreds of these threads from different people since they stopped announcing the numbers, all with the same conclusion and answer, yet, they continue?
    pretty sure they're also against the rules, they usually get closed pretty fast

10+ Year Old Account
    They are indeed, subscription speculation threads are just a general circle-jerk of un-constructive discussion and guess work. There is no results, answer, or conclusion that are valid.

Mods are asleep quick post wow is dying threads

Those are the total downloads LOL

I posted the number of specific versions. For example, the version of details i posted before was released early march and reached 1.4m downloads before being replaced by a newer one.
    and its completely useless info either way bcs
    1. you dont know what % of playerbase uses the addon
    2. multiple downloads dont mean multiple people

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    and its completely useless info either way bcs
    1. you dont know what % of playerbase uses the addon
    2. multiple downloads dont mean multiple people
    1) It helps to guess an absolute minimum. Doesn't matter if 30% or 80% of the players use that addon. It's still at least x number of players playing the game.
    2) Unless something goes wrong or you have multiple pcs, you download each version only once. You could also say people don't update their addons everytime a new version is released, or that multiple accounts on the same pc use the same downloaded file

In the end it's just a guess. probably more accurate than calculating things based on the number of m+ runs.

Unless something goes wrong or you have multiple pcs, you download each version only once.
    in other words, like i said multiple downloads dont mean multiple people...
    geting new pc, clearing hard drive, having multiple pc skewers the data, making them completely useless...
    when its 2m downloads and it can be more (not everybody uses it) or less (multiple downloads) and we dont know by how much its the same as knowing nothing...
    saying its somewhere between 0 and 10m is about as acurate as saying its 2m but it can be more or less by unspecified amount...

I'd say it's safe to say it's less than 10mil. Otherwise they'd be shouting high numbers loud and proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Mate. We have had hundreds of these threads from different people
    So? Why does that mean the OP of this thread is obsessed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    2.27million unique players, however this number could be lower or higher.

Thoughts?
    A lot of guesswork based on numbers created by guesswork created by guesswork. In other words, a whole jambalaya dish of nothing concrete. "Could be lower, could be higher". Yeah. It could be half of that, it could be double that. It could be a third of that, it could be four times that.

"September2021, Blizzard revealed WoW's subscription numbers". They never did that, as far as I know. We would've seen that information here on the front page, or on WoWHead, or even on WoW's main page, and I never saw it.

How about you give some source for those numbers?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Yeah, that's why I play old xpacks instead of DF. And it's Blizzards' problem, that they don't want to have my money.
    Regardless if by "old expansions" you mean the Classic servers or just playing in outdated expansion areas in the main game, you're still giving Blizzard money, considering you need an active subscription to play either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hmf...pretty sure Blizz is one step from maintenance mode, and could still make bank on 500k subscribers.
    How does having the fastest cadence of content ever seen in the last decade for this game somehow means "it's one step away from maintenance mode"!?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    So? Why does that mean the OP of this thread is obsessed?
    The idea of this topic is what makes it, when you could just return to a previous thread, and get your answer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread doesn't seem likely to produce constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead