10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep just needed some blood in the water and now the rest will come for him. Not getting my hopes up but I would be lying if I said this didn't put a smile on my face.
    I'm pretty sure there are quite a few people celebrating right now in various ways.
    As for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    I'm pretty sure there are quite a few people celebrating right now in various ways.
    As for me?
    That is great lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    A Trump lawyer says Trump is being indicted because his poll numbers are high.

"Higher than Biden's?"

No.

"How long was the investigation ongoing?"

Five years.

"...the polls for 2024 didn't exist five years ago."

No, they didn't.

"Wouldn't that logic mean Biden should also not be investigated for anything?"

Of course not, it's fine when it's someone who isn't Trump. Only Trump is capable of being a political target. Everyone else has it coming.

"Why wasn't he arrested in 2016? He was leading in the polls then."

The lawyer wasn't asked that, she was on FOX News.

"...when did Trump announce?"

September, 2015. In other words, proportionately, six months from now.

"So...the only reason he's leading in the polls is because he's the only one running."

Yes.

"So anyone running for any office, in theory, would be a political target."

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, Mike Pence.
    "Criminalization of politics," eh. I wonder which part of executing his office involved paying hush money to someone he slept with.

What I don’t understand is, what does DeSantis hope to achieve by refusing to “extradite” Trump from Florida? Sure, points with the cult, but he has to realize that over half the country dislikes Trump and many of us want him tarred and feathered in the town square (that’s a polite euphemism).

Being the guy who tries to stop the justifiably energized mob seems foolish when you need said mob to win a general election.

Quote Originally Posted by Skjaldborg View Post
    What I don’t understand is, what does DeSantis hope to achieve by refusing to “extradite” Trump from Florida? Sure, points with the cult, but he has to realize that over half the country dislikes Trump and many of us want him tarred and feathered in the town square (that’s a polite euphemism).

Being the guy who tries to stop the justifiably energized mob seems foolish when you need said mob to win a general election.
    Appeasing his potential voters in case he manages to pull himself together and run in 2024, should Trump have to withdraw.

"I protected our president against the political prosecution from Jewish backed New York City liberals!"

Because I'm just translating his "Soros" dogwhistle for him in this instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I don’t understand is, what does DeSantis hope to achieve by refusing to “extradite” Trump from Florida?
    I don't believe he thinks he'll have to. I think he's expressing his dissent to win the Trump cultists, but expects Trump to surrender willingly.

Desantis is weighing but either way he needs to lockdown that MAGA base so going to bat for Trump is the logical move. If it looks like Trump will win the nomination in 2024 like it is now I think he will wait until 2028 he is still relatively young. His sole focus is to win a primary and I don't see that MAGA base going away anytime soon.

Yeah, I think I covered that with “points with the cult.”

Do we really have to prove in another consecutive election that Trump is a loser on the national stage? Desantis is really going to hitch himself to that wagon?

Queue Spongebob meme, “How many times do we have to teach you this lesson, [Republicans]?” Have fun being angry and losing the culture war (that you started) until you go extinct because of the culture war (that you started).

This is a golden opportunity to rip off the bandaid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Desantis is really going to hitch himself to that wagon?
    No.

DeSantis is going to hitch himself to that wagon's paying customers. The wagon is just a vehicle.

- - - Updated - - -

Tucker Carlson says the indictment of Trump is worse than Jan 6th.

If you believe in our system and you want it to continue, you have to raise your hand and say stop, because this is too great an assault on our system, much greater than anything we saw on January 6th, that’s for certain
    "How does he reach this conclusion?"

Because he likes Trump.

"No, really."

I was being serious. Trump led a crowd of violent terrorists, as he continues to support violence in politics making him a literal terrorist and his supporters also terrorists, and he led them directly against the federal officials who were in the Capitol voting on the transition to legally elected President Biden. Trump is facing a state charge -- and a grand jury voted, this is not Bragg acting solo. Being indicted, convicted, or jailed doesn't technically stop Trump from running; the death of Representatives, Senators, and/or Pence would.

Oh, and we know Carlson is lying because we have his text messages. I hope Dominion plays this at the FOX News defamation trial.

Because he likes Trump.
    Didn't he has communications disclosed in court where he claimed he hated Trump and couldn't wait to stop talking about him?
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Didn't he has communications disclosed in court where he claimed he hated Trump and couldn't wait to stop talking about him?
    And now he's pretending he didn't, yes. Remember: what people like Trump and Carlson say to the people that trust them, and what they say under oath, are not typically the same. Carlson wants Trump's cult to think Carlson is worth giving money to.

Carlson wants Trump's cult to think Carlson is worth giving money to.
    He is, in the sense that he usually tells them exactly what they want to hear.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/emotio...money-to-trump

Graham, looking bleary-eyed, would end up directing viewers to the presidential candidate’s website three times in the next two minutes.

“Go tonight. Give the president some money to fight this bullshit!” he begged.

“To those who are listening tonight: if you believe Trump is being treated poorly and wrongly, stand up and help the man,” Graham added later, before recommending that their prayers would be welcomed as well.

“Thank you,” an appreciative Hannity said while his studio audience applauded.
    Republicans have the weirdest concepts of the redistribution of wealth. Us leftists all talk about taking it from the uber-wealthy and giving it to poor folks through social programs and shit. They talk about it like asking people to give their money to a guy who's ostensibly a billionaire?

At one point during the interview, a heckler in the audience could be heard screaming: “This is a wonderful day. You lie by omission and you lie.” The studio sound was cut before the woman could continue.
    Rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    @Breccia.

Sorry I should have been more clear. I'm not big on this indictment. It's kind of weak. It can almost be classified as a misdemeanor and will get the least possible of fine and whatever.
    Oh, it's not about the verdict. But once it gets to court, there's discovery.

As if millions of journalists suddenly cried out in joy.

That's not a look-alike. Its clearly an entirely different person...
    Or is getting a remotely decent look-alike now beyond Trumps wallet?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

It actually makes sense because now it's not incest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    That's not a look-alike. Its clearly an entirely different person...
    Or is getting a remotely decent look-alike now beyond Trumps wallet?
    He needs to the money for the lawyers.

https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/...947483649?s=20

So this is a dangerous act or precedent. Ignoring a state's request for extradition.

So I did my good ole wiki law and found this:

There are only four grounds upon which the governor of the asylum state may deny another state's request for extradition:

the extradition documents facially are not in order;
    the person has not been charged with a crime in the demanding state;
    the person is not the person named in the extradition documents; or
    the person is not a fugitive.

Likely performative art but so stupid and dangerous. Stupid that he is denying laws of the United States, which to be honest most Conservatives don't care or too ignorant. The stupid part politically is Trump will make DeSantis look more like a servant to him.

But hey that's what the Republican party is now. Ignoring laws to own the Libs and worshipping at the altar of Trump.

Oh yes, Almost certain Trump is turning himself in, yet maybe Trump will try this, idk.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

DeSantis on his Ted Cruz self humiliation speedrun, you love to see it.