It's not weird from his standpoint. The one on the right can suck his tiny-mushroom dick and the one on the left it's not socially acceptable for her to do it but he wouldn't mind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Gotta love that sprinkle of anti-semitic Soros blaming on the top.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Gotta love that sprinkle of anti-semitic Soros blaming on the top.
    That's not sprinkles...it's a whole layer of icing.

10+ Year Old Account
    They look nothing alike. I'm all for dunking on Trump, but this isn't really achieving that.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Funny thing, if DeSantis actually followed through with this and broke the law to protect Trump for the optics and got away with it.

Wouldn’t that set a president that would allow other states to ignore the laws that they don’t like too? Both the conservative states ignoring child labor laws and privacy laws and the liberal states ignoring the conservative laws they dislike.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "fight this bullshit!” he begged.
    His wife and I were talking last night after...anyhow, of all the times we've talked about Trump grifting, this, oddly enough, isn't one of them.

Trump is accused of a campaign finance violation. His campaign is very likely allowed to use funds for his legal defense. Now, it's possible the difference between a 2016 campaign issue and 2024 campaign issue might come up, but compared to the issues he's had in the past, this one doesn't actually seem all that dishonest.

The part where Graham was begging is as funny as it's about to be systemic. Remember when Trump took all that 2020 and 2022 donation money and kept it for himself? Remember how even the RNC was calling him out for it? Now, because Trump is the leader of their party, they're asking their voters to give Trump even more of the finite amount of money a 2024 campaign has, instead of the Republican Party, or a Republican candidate for any office that isn't Trump.

"Trump took too much Republican money," they're going to say in unision, "now go give him more".

Of course, the spoken intent of that money is to go to his legal defense. But once Trump has it, there's no guarantee it'll actully go there. The best example of this, is Cohen. Cohen made the payments that started this. Trump left him stuck with the check, did not pay his legal fees, and did not pardon him. There was that one lawyer a while ago, the one who demanded a bunch of money up front before signing up with Trump, I forget his name. I wonder if the others are doing that now? "Now that you've been indicted, fatso, you will give me as big of a pile of cash as I demand, or you can fire me, replace me with someone who has no idea how the case works during your trial, while I get to wander the talk show circuit during the selection of your jury pool."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Wouldn’t that set a precedent that would allow other states to ignore the laws that they don’t like too?
    Considering we're discussing in other threads that red states are trying to make it illegal to visit a blue state and get an abortion, yes, this would be the highest level of hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Considering we're discussing in other threads that red states are trying to make it illegal to visit a blue state and get an abortion, yes, this would be the highest level of hypocrisy.
    I'm not sure hypocrisy has ever been a concern for Republicans. If it was, the people who were chanting "Lock Her Up!" just a few years ago (or smiling and nodding as their base did it for them) wouldn't now be completely losing their shit over the prospect of Trump facing legal consequences for his actions.

Especially considering that they refusing this is even worse.

Setting aside how they are trying to do an end run around people’s rights and freedoms. What the red states are trying to outlaw is 100% legal in the states in question but what Trump would be extradited for is also illegal in the state of Florida as well.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Oh yes, Almost certain Trump is turning himself in, yet maybe Trump will try this, idk.
    I don't see Trump resisting arrest. He does that while the world watches, he becomes objectively guilty of another felony, one for which there is no defense. And yes, DeSantis knows that.

You know what, though? Soros doesn't know Bragg, and has never donated money to him. Yeah, I suggested Soros carpet-bombed Democrats with money, but apparently, Bragg isn't one of them.

I think some on the right would rather focus on far-fetched conspiracy theories than on the serious charges against Trump
    -- Soros

And I'll repeat myself: a Democrat giving to a Democrat isn't a conspiracy theory. Graham asked for donations for Trump as recently as the last 24 hours. That's not a conspiracy theory.

But yes, Soros refutes the accusations, so until the right has proof Soros donated to Bragg, they're lying, and I hope our resident Trump supporters denounce these lies.

Oh, and in case any of them are leaning this way: saying something like "I will denounce the lies when they are proven lies" is not adequate. DeSantis and the Trump family have said Soros backed Bragg, but they have no proof. Soros is refuting that accusation, for which there is no proof. If DeSantis and the Trump family put forth an assertion of a fact, and have no basis for it, and they do not say "well I assume so at least", then they're lying. It's on them to provide evidence and they have not, and as Soros said, none such exists.

This is where I would "mention" them to draw them in -- statements by the Trump family and maybe other Republicans are things they would regard positively in a fast-moving thread -- but considering how absent they've been, I think we know the answer. So I'll just answer for them.

We don't care if DeSantis and the Trump family are lying about Soros backing Bragg, because we know we have backed a lying criminal loser, and would rather talk about literally anything else -- even fan fiction -- than how we backed a lying criminal loser in public
    -- the Trump supporters on these forums, until they say otherwise on the Soros issue

Well, here is what might happen. Come Tuesday, Trump will be officially booked according to his own lawyers. This is probably the smartest thing he ever did, if he even does it. While I don't think it will go anywhere, he is allowed to challenge it in court.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...aecca9c17&ei=8

Trump indictment: Former president will surrender, won't consider plea deal: live updates

Donald Trump's lawyer said Friday he will surrender to New York authorities but won't consider a plea deal, after his indictment by a Manhattan grand jury investigating a hush money payment to adult film star Stormy Daniels.

The indictment is unprecedented and represents the first criminal charges ever against a former U.S. president.

Trump's lawyer, Joe Tacopina, told NBC's "Today" show on Friday the former president was initially "shocked" when notified of the grand jury's action late Thursday but "put a notch on his belt" and vowed to challenge the criminal case.

“President Trump will not take a plea deal in this case. It’s not going to happen. There’s no crime,” Tacopina said.

Trump “initially was shocked,” Tacopina added. “After he got over that, he put a notch on his belt and he decided we have to fight now.”

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg's office acknowledged late Thursday that Trump’s lawyers had been notified of the indictment.

Trump attorney Joe Tacopina said Trump was expected in New York by Tuesday for arraignment.

"We're working out those logistics right now," Tacopina told NBC's "Today" show, referring to Trump's surrender.

Donald Trump’s lawyer has said he would surrender voluntarily to face the charges in New York.

When he is arrested he will be read his rights known as a Miranda warning, including the right to remain silent and the right to an attorney.

He is expected to be taken into custody and processed like any other defendant, according to law enforcement experts. The difference is that as a former president, his Secret Service detail will accompany him.

“There will still be a mug shot, fingerprints and lots of paperwork filled out as part of the booking process,” like other defendants, said former federal prosecutor Glenn Kirschner.
    - - - Updated - - -

So, NY is taking all instances of interference with this extremely seriously.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...75f4894b&ei=12

Manhattan DA unleashes on Jim Jordan with stern warning: You may not 'interfere' with Trump prosecution

After a Manhattan grand jury indicted Donald Trump late Thursday afternoon on reportedly 34 felony charges, Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg took one more step to preserve the rule of law: Friday morning, via his General Counsel, he sent the top three Republican House Chairmen attempting to interfere in his office’s investigation and prosecution of Donald Trump a stern warning.

The letter, addressed to House Judiciary Chairman Jim Jordan, Oversight Chairman James Comer, and Administration Chairman Bryan Steil spans six-pages. Its letterhead does not say District Attorney’s Office, but “District Attorney,” and has Bragg’s name in the upper corner, although it is signed by Bragg’s General Counsel, Leslie B. Dubeck. Politico has published the full letter.

It clearly states Bragg is drawing a red line: “What neither Mr. Trump nor Congress may do is interfere with the ordinary course of proceedings in New York State.”

The letter also accuses the trio of “an improper and dangerous usurpation” and “attempted interference with an ongoing state criminal investigation.” And it warns them against “unlawful political interference.”

“The Committees’ attempted interference with an ongoing state criminal investigation and now prosecution–is an unprecedented and illegitimate incursion on New York’s sovereign interests,” the letter reads. “Moreover, your examination of the facts of a single criminal investigation, for the supposed purpose of determining whether any charges against Mr. Trump are warranted, is an improper and dangerous usurpation of the executive and judicial functions.”

In a section titled, “The Committees Lack Jurisdiction to Oversee a State Criminal Prosecution,” the letter points to reports that the Trump team has been working in coordination with House Republicans.

“Even worse, based on your reportedly close collaboration with Mr. Trump in attacking this Office and the grand jury process, it appears you are acting more like criminal defense counsel trying to gather evidence for a client than a legislative body seeking to achieve a legitimate legislative objective.”

Bragg’s general counsel also uses the letter as a warning to all House Republicans that their actions, behaviors, and words are on the record.

He holds up U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) as an example, suggesting to others they should moderate their rhetoric.

After dismissing Jordan’s threat in a previous letter to withhold federal funds from Bragg’s office – noting the Manhattan District Attorney’s office has “has helped the Federal Government secure more than one billion dollars in asset forfeiture funds in the past 15 years” – Bragg serves up another warning.

He notes that “some committee members have explicitly stated an intent to interfere with the state proceeding. For example, responding to Trump’s statement that he would be arrested, Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene stated that ‘Republicans in Congress MUST subpoena these communists and END this! We have the power to do it and we also have the power to DEFUND their salaries and departments!’ … and that Republicans who ‘do nothing to stop’ the prosecution ‘will be exposed to the people and will be remembered, scorned, and punished by the base.'”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    While I don't think it will go anywhere, he is allowed to challenge it in court.
    I was under the impression that challenging an indictment was called "the trial".

So, Trump's going to have a rally on the courthouse steps, huh? I'm looking forward to the part where Trump specifically and directly tells his followers "by the way, don't break the law or become violent just to save me".

No really, I think his lawyers will make him say that. If NYC is willing to charge him with 34 felonies for fucking a whore, they'll 100% go after him if he instigates violence against NYC cops. Trump and his lawyers know this, and they want any violence against NYC cops (from Trump's proven assortment of violent, terrorist followers) to somehow magically not be Trump's fault after years of Trump endorsing violence and being cheered for it.

I appreciate that Bragg isn't fucking around and is calling them out. With citations.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the ongoing effort to paint Hunter Biden's business dealings as shady, Kushner took hundreds of millions of dollars from the UAE and Qatar. Not the governments directly, just the very rich people who run the countries.

There is nothing illegal about it, Kushner is not a government official, nor anything exceptionally unusual about a Middle East powerhouse giving a former WH employee a bribe, shit, with an investment company getting investors. No investigations have been called for, no laws that I know of have been cited as broken.

*ahem*

But this story alone shows that the money the Trump family took in from other countries and their interests outranks anything Hunter Biden's accused of, by two full orders of magnitude.

Which means, if any Trump supporter claims the money Hunter Biden took was bad, they are now also saying the money Kushner took was one hundred times worse. If they "forget" to mention that, I feel we have earned the right to "fixed that for you" when responding. I mean, otherwise, they'd just be disingenuous trolls, right? And surely such posters aren't trolls, oh gosh oh golly no. So we'll just, you know, fix their posts for them with the bits they surely meant to mention, but forgot.

In the ongoing effort to paint Hunter Biden's business dealings as shady, Kushner took hundreds of millions of dollars from the UAE and Qatar. Not the governments directly, just the very rich people who run the countries.

There is nothing illegal about it, Kushner is not a government official, nor anything exceptionally unusual about a Middle East powerhouse giving a former WH employee a bribe, shit, with an investment company getting investors. No investigations have been called for, no laws that I know of have been cited as broken.

*ahem*

But this story alone shows that the money the Trump family took in from other countries and their interests outranks anything Hunter Biden's accused of, by two full orders of magnitude.

Which means, if any Trump supporter claims the money Hunter Biden took was bad, they are now also saying the money Kushner took was one hundred times worse. If they "forget" to mention that, I feel we have earned the right to "fixed that for you" when responding. I mean, otherwise, they'd just be disingenuous trolls, right? And surely such posters aren't trolls, oh gosh oh golly no. So we'll just, you know, fix their posts for them with the bits they surely meant to mention, but forgot.
    I'm honestly still waiting for the crime Hunter Biden committed to be stated. Other than illegal drug usage. Him getting a job because his dad has connections? Yeah, that is a common thing in white collar jobs. Not illegal. Backroom deals because of connections? Once again, not illegal and somewhat normal in white collar jobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Him getting a job because his dad has connections? Yeah, that is a common thing in white collar jobs. Not illegal.
    Hey gondrin, didn't Kushner get a job in the White House because of his family? Which in turn, would make it pretty hypocritical for Trump supporters to take issue with Hunter Biden taking a job at...what was it, a propane company?

And also, how do you feel about leading questions?

- - - Updated - - -

Filed under "duh" Axios and plenty of other people I'm sure have taken the words of Trump's lawyers, who say that "there is no crime" so Trump will not accept a plea deal, and instead drown the courts in motions to dismiss on the grounds that there was no crime.

We all knew that. Trump is desperate to stall. He would file a motion to dismiss if he was literally caught with his penis inside the whore while handing her $130,000 in cash himself.

I believe this is what @gondrin was talking about earlier in terms of "challenge in court". But we've been theorizing for years that nobody would bring charges against Trump unless the case was ironclad. The motions to dismiss are not just stalling attempts, Trump will also be judge fishing, hoping one member of his cult, or even a sympathetic Republican, can twist the law into a reason that he can let Trump lie on dozens of NY business filings for the purposes of covering up his whore payment to defraud a national election.

I'm not sure Trump wants to file these motions very quickly, however, since I don't think they'll succeed. I think he wants to drag this out so he can say "oops, election started, I have no time to be accountable for my actions, fuck the law I'm more important". This would be a valid tactic, if he doesn't face any other courtroom issues. That's...asking a lot, right now. Even if an activist Trump judge throws the case out, if he's surrounded by other cases, that's immaterial.

- - - Updated - - -

For those asking about my statement on the indictment of Donald Trump - who never said sorry for calling for my execution - here it is:

--Yusef Abdus Salaam, one of the Central Park Five

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    They look nothing alike. I'm all for dunking on Trump, but this isn't really achieving that.
    Imagine if Donald and Ivanka had a baby. Think about how pale he is under all that bronzer. The daughter would look strikingly similar.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Imagine if Donald and Ivanka had a baby. Think about how pale he is under all that bronzer. The daughter would look strikingly similar.
    Please stop trying to make me vomit.

I'm honestly still waiting for the crime Hunter Biden committed to be stated. Other than illegal drug usage. Him getting a job because his dad has connections? Yeah, that is a common thing in white collar jobs. Not illegal. Backroom deals because of connections? Once again, not illegal and somewhat normal in white collar jobs.
    He may have lied on a gun permit.

That's it, far as tangible wrongdoing goes.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr...erference-2016

Related to all this, seems like some of the 2016 interference charges are still being worked through. DoJ just secured a conviction for a guy who really likes the movie Major League for his role in participating in a coordinated campaign to spread misinformation with the intent of denying people their constitutional right to vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    CNN managed to get Mike Pence somehow. That link is a video, but there's a good exchange in the middle which I'll paraphrase.

Pence: "Federal prosecutors declined to move on this (while Trump was in the WH)"
    Wolf Blitzer: "The DOJ, under Trump, arrested Cohen, and convicted him, for making the payments for Trump."
    Pence: "I want to talk about something else."