Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Raids/M+ are skill based contents. Why you insist that hard locking player power needed for skill based content behind weeks and weeks of dailies in non-skill based content is a good thing is beyond me.

I love DF exactly because I can just raid and do M+. I don't play any less without dailies, I play the same amount of time and within that time I can do more of the content I like.
    I wouldn't mind some optional solo content like Torghast or something that had no power attached, just challenges for cosmetics, but otherwise I agree. I don't even need to look at the world map or care about WQ or world content at all and it's fabulous

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edw View Post
    Well if you are a developer at Blizzard and instead of coming up with great content you implement influencer's ideas ... something is really wrong, maybe ... just maybe those developers are incompetent.
    I'd say that it all boils down to Blizzard's terrible community management overall. So, whenever they want to feel the community's pulse (which, odd as it might seem, does happen from time to time) they can't rely on their own forums/CMs, so they have to talk to streamers. And talk they do, if you've followed the betas since Legion at least.

I mean...yeah?

They did all those things. I'm enjoying the game now. Only one of those people I follow is T&E and they seem to be enjoying the game too.

If you're not, maybe do something else for a while? I took a break and played Subnautica: Below Zero, that was pretty great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    None of those influencers moved on from WoW so I don't get the point of this thread lol.

Many folks decided the back to back trash expansions of BFA and SL were horrid enough that they need to observe Blizz actually go thru a cycle or two of making an actually good game before shelling out yet more hundreds of dollars and they give up developing a worthwhile Blizzard game after the first tier.

IDK i just don't like the expansion. I don't begrudge people who do enjoy it. I don't think they're wrong to enjoy it. I just don't like what Blizzard put out for this expansion, so I don't play it.

None of those things on the list have anything to do with decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    The grind of the same old 8 dungeons days in days out is just boring.
    exactly, and if youre in the M+ scene, its relaly only 4 new dungeons and 4 old recycled dungeons... terrible.

I am enjoying the last 4 months of this “season” (meaning not the launch rush) more than at anytime since Legion. I log in and decide what to do - I’m not pushed into anything and that’s great. That’s how it used to be.

Anyone who’s complaining that they aren’t made to do things or that influencers are streaming less (how is this relevant btw) need to reevaluate their priorities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody plays? i still see around 40 full realms on Europe.
    I still see as many people playing my server as it did at launch, i'm actually surprised how healthy the playerbase atm is inside WoW.

No clue what ur on about OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Nobody plays? i still see around 40 full realms on Europe.
    I still see as many people playing my server as it did at launch, i'm actually surprised how healthy the playerbase atm is inside WoW.

No clue what ur on about OP.
    I think they’re referring to the specific streamers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I think they’re referring to the specific streamers
    Oh, well most streamers just follows what is the daily trend. WoW is popular but only on the MMORPG market only which nowadays is a small % of the gaming community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    For years influencers have complained about all the "main stream" issues about the game. Like "REMOVE BORROWED POWERS" and "REMOVE MANDATORY CONTENT".

Just to be specific, I am talking about people in this sphere:
    - Asmongold
    - Preachgaming
    - Belluar
    - T&E

Just to be clear, those influencers are just echoing how they see their communities talk, so it's more of a community thing. I am not trying to hate on the influencers.

Influencers have made video after video complaining about the same things and tunnelvisioned on certain things like

- no more borrowed power
    - no more required content that force you to log in every day
    - no more infinite AP grinds
    - no more Sylvanas
    - more focus on permanent systems like
    * talent system
    * battlepass system
    * crafting system
    * flying system
    - more communication about the future patches and plans

We all know the list they dreamed of is kinda accomplished in Dragonflight.

Influencers no longer have anything specific to complain about. Great, I guess the game is so fun now?

Because to me it seems they all have never played the game as little as they do in this expansion.

And the influencers have just conveniently moved on to other games, while simutatiously have nothing to complain about. "I'm just not that into the game right now".

I seriously worry that Blizzard took the influencers feedback way too seriously to heart, but the reality is that following them does not make a game that people want to play.

What do you think?
    I don't get your point. I love the changes in DF. It's been an amazing expansion. This is the first expac since cats that I will play the 2nd season in. I normally do 1st, quit cause of problems that are addressed in the .3 patch and come back for the final raid. I see myself playing all of DF.

DF didn't drag people back in because of bfa and sl being not good. We had legion, which was pretty good, and then we had wod before it. Not a good track record. But the world quest change, renown, dragon riding, gearing (especially with the .1 revamp coming. Alt friendly. Changes to m+, making it far more doable in general. Dragonflight, at least in my opinion, is about as good as we are possibly ever going to get. Given blizzards record. But we have gotten two great hold over patches.

Also, do you listen to preach and bell? Both still have gripes and things they don't like, and are worried about. However, there is so much positive, and blizzards reaction time this expansion has been like its from a completely different developer lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    -Mythic+ is an atrocity against humanity, mindless trash grind on a timer in 8 instances, promoting negative player behavior and toxicit
    i mean you seem to not like M+ yet shown to be INCREDIBLY toxic just in this sentance alone, so it doesnt seem M+ is the reason for toxicity...
    actualy i seldom see any toxicity in m+, if you constantly run into it maybe look for issue within yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i mean you seem to not like M+ yet shown to be INCREDIBLY toxic just in this sentance alone, so it doesnt seem M+ is the reason for toxicity...
    actualy i seldom see any toxicity in m+, if you constantly run into it maybe look for issue within yourself...
    I definitely don't think M+ is an "atrocity". In fact, its probably the only thing keeping my interest in the game at this point.

However, it certainly is filled with toxic individuals. Perhaps not LoL or DotA 2 levels, but claiming you rarely encounter toxic individuals is highly disingenuous to me.

Yes, there are lots of people not playing. But those same people weren't playing before, because ultimately WoW just isn't for them anymore. But for the people that WoW is for the majority are saying it's the best its been in years which is great.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having alot of fun with the current iteration of the game, especially this new patch and the catch-up system. Great for my army of alts. Would have been nice to see the zskera vaults have a bit more to it though? But maybe I'm just too used to visions/torghast etc...

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    For years influencers have complained about all the "main stream" issues about the game. Like "REMOVE BORROWED POWERS" and "REMOVE MANDATORY CONTENT".

Just to be specific, I am talking about people in this sphere:
    - Asmongold
    - Preachgaming
    - Belluar
    - T&E

Just to be clear, those influencers are just echoing how they see their communities talk, so it's more of a community thing. I am not trying to hate on the influencers.

Influencers have made video after video complaining about the same things and tunnelvisioned on certain things like

- no more borrowed power
    - no more required content that force you to log in every day
    - no more infinite AP grinds
    - no more Sylvanas
    - more focus on permanent systems like
    * talent system
    * battlepass system
    * crafting system
    * flying system
    - more communication about the future patches and plans

We all know the list they dreamed of is kinda accomplished in Dragonflight.

Influencers no longer have anything specific to complain about. Great, I guess the game is so fun now?

Because to me it seems they all have never played the game as little as they do in this expansion.

And the influencers have just conveniently moved on to other games, while simutatiously have nothing to complain about. "I'm just not that into the game right now".

I seriously worry that Blizzard took the influencers feedback way too seriously to heart, but the reality is that following them does not make a game that people want to play.

What do you think?
    The game is the best it has been since Legion. Its a good expansion. I am not playing at the current moment because I have played an affliction warlock since Vanilla and we are garbage in solo shuffle. It feels bad to wait 30 minutes on a queue, be trained, and then lose the match. I haven't played since the soul swap change in ~January and was at 1900 at the 99th percentile for affliction at the time. I will resume playing as soon as the queue times and affliction balance is addressed. I don't raid anymore because I cannot commit to a raid schedule between my career and wife.

tldr; core gameplay is best it has been in a long time, issue for a nonraider who plays primarily pvp is queue times and balance towards preferred spec

I like DF. The expansion is so empty, boring, and devoid of content that I have time to play other games now.
    Battle for Azeroth
    Best focking Axpansion!

I played shadowlands more. Dragonflight is just wow's core endgame gameplay and not much more. the world content is incredibly superficial. it mostly boils down to: kill mobs to get worse than raid gear. I crave more content like the mage tower or post 9.1 torghast.

Quote Originally Posted by Thuunda View Post
    exactly, and if youre in the M+ scene, its relaly only 4 new dungeons and 4 old recycled dungeons... terrible.
    Please show me those 4 new dungeons? I play 4 old recycled ones and then 4 small bits of the World Quest-map, that got additional trashpacks and some bosses tossed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I am enjoying the last 4 months of this “season” (meaning not the launch rush) more than at anytime since Legion. I log in and decide what to do - I’m not pushed into anything and that’s great. That’s how it used to be.
    That's some proper bullshit right there. You are pushed into spamming mythic+ dungeons because all the pve power is concentrated there. As soon as you hit a character at max level, the only sensible power path forward is to spam m+ as early and as much as you can. There's nothing else of relevance, you don't get to decide any other progressional path. You are litterally pushed into it.

If you deny that from your perspective, then korthia or the maw wasn't forced content either, because the pve power you got from those places was substantially lower than what you get from spamming dungeons today. You actually had a choice in sl what content to do in pursuit of power.