Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    lmfao, I never thought I'd live to see the day when somebody has nostalgia over motherfucking April Fool's jokes.

This community, holy shit
    here's a link to the all of WoW's april fool's jokes....clearly more effort and thought went into the "jokes" back in the day.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Category:April_Fools

bring back crabby

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa1 View Post
    here's a link to the all of WoW's april fool's jokes....clearly more effort and thought went into the "jokes" back in the day.

And here's a link to a picture of a room full of people who give a single fuck:

https://i.imgur.com/mg0FeCT.jpg

They aren't always going to outdo the last years'. It's just a bit of fun and this community is so terminally dissatisfied with Blizzard's products that they can't help but whine, bitch and moan about one of the only light-hearted events Blizzard still does. It's boring, predictable and more than anything absolutely fucking pathetic.

blur is known for something other than Song 2.
    pffft
    like that will ever happen

that is the one lol i got. at least they still try

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    blur is known for something other than Song 2.
    pffft
    like that will ever happen

that is the one lol i got. at least they still try
    Damon Albarn (Blur's lead singer) went on to create The Gorillaz so... can't really say he didn't have higher aspirations.

15+ Year Old Account

They aren't always going to outdo the last years'. It's just a bit of fun and this community is so terminally dissatisfied with Blizzard's products that they can't help but whine, bitch and moan about one of the only light-hearted events Blizzard still does. It's boring, predictable and more than anything absolutely fucking pathetic.
    It's actually insane to me that it's put up with to the extent it is. I'm all for free speech and what not but I swear half, if not most of it, is probably trolling.

I can't imagine many other hobby forum/websites where it's put up with to the extent it is on MMOC.

For me it ruins a lot of the discussions going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    It's actually insane to me that it's put up with to the extent it is. I'm all for free speech and what not but I swear half, if not most of it, is probably trolling.

I can't imagine many other hobby forum/websites where it's put up with to the extent it is on MMOC.

For me it ruins a lot of the discussions going on.
    So basically you're one of those people who only want free speech when it involves an opinion you agree with.

Regarding Death Knight changes: "Dark Command is now 30% darker. To compensate, Dark Command is now more of a suggestion." I'm dead...

what is really pathetic is that you're such a fan boy that you throw temper tantrum's anytime a comments is evenly mildly critical of blizzard and blow it all out of proportion and you always seem to have a problem when people call a spade a spade...this year's jokes were a half-hearted effort at best (and that's being kind)...and it's perfectly ok for people to point that out.

what is really pathetic is that you're such a fan boy that you throw temper tantrum's anytime a comments is evenly mildly critical of blizzard and blow it all out of proportion and you always seem to have a problem when people call a spade a spade...this year's jokes were a half-hearted effort at best (and that's being kind)...and it's perfectly ok for people to point that out.
    You can be critical all you want. Complaining about April Fool's jokes, though, is one of the most pathetic things you can complain about. If it's not your cup of tea just move the fuck on.

You can be critical all you want. Complaining about April Fool's jokes, though, is one of the most pathetic things you can complain about. If it's not your cup of tea just move the fuck on.
    I'm just defending the people you are crapping on...until you opened your mouth the lacklustre april fools jokes weren't worth commenting on one way or the other. And you should take your own advice ...if people's comments aren't to your liking move on yourself

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    Wish they would actually put so much effort into this game
    DF has literally been the best xpac since mop/legion. Your post is just beyond messed up.

I'm just defending the people you are crapping on...until you opened your mouth the lacklustre april fools jokes weren't worth commenting on one way or the other. And you should take your own advice ...if people's comments aren't to your liking move on yourself
    I'm sorry, I find these takes so completely meaningless. It's like complaining about the fucking font Blizzard delivers patch notes in. Like, sure. That's a valid complaint I guess but it's hardly productive and doesn't help improve the game in any way. If you're so miserable and jaded that you are seeking validation from internet strangers because you feel like fake patch notes used to be better then maybe the problem isn't the fake patch notes.

They really should just stop doing this if they're just going to offload it to one writer who thinks they're funny and then put no other effort into it.

Most of these are good, it's never one person writing but people putting April fools ideas into a proverbial hat and then choose which goes on here. During their own free time likely and at most took 5 minutes to do.

If I were to be nick picking I'd had done Judge Death instead of Dead but that's just due to liking Judge Dredd.

its a joke... comparing one joke is better than other is so goddamn pointless...
    and mind you "back in the day" april fools joke were always like this, or 1-2 mockup pictures at best, few times they did more, like "bard class"
    Last edited by Lolites; 2023-04-02 at 05:55 AM.

lmfao, I never thought I'd live to see the day when somebody has nostalgia over motherfucking April Fool's jokes.

This community, holy shit
    /shrug
    oh no, Relapses doesn't like me.

Of course I have nostalgia over their April Fools jokes, because they used to be great, and aimed, at least nominally, at fooling people. Now they are foregone conclusions, obvious from the first sentence, and an exercise in self-congratulatory mocking of whatever people will score them internet points with the likes of you.

I'm sorry, I find these takes so completely meaningless. It's like complaining about the fucking font Blizzard delivers patch notes in. Like, sure. That's a valid complaint I guess but it's hardly productive and doesn't help improve the game in any way. If you're so miserable and jaded that you are seeking validation from internet strangers because you feel like fake patch notes used to be better then maybe the problem isn't the fake patch notes.
    This is a discussion forum, where people go to discuss things. Not liking something is one of the foremost things that people tend to discuss.

Nobody is making you be here. Nobody is saying "hey Blizzard, improve your april fools day or I quit". The fact that YOU don't think it's worth complaining about is even more useless a comment than the original comment you replied to. I promise, whatever shit you think is worth talking about there will be equally many people who don't give a shit about it. Feel free to go elsewhere.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2023-04-02 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    /shrug
    oh no, Relapses doesn't like me.

Of course I have nostalgia over their April Fools jokes, because they used to be great, and aimed, at least nominally, at fooling people. Now they are foregone conclusions, obvious from the first sentence, and an exercise in self-congratulatory mocking of whatever people will score them internet points with the likes of you.

This is a discussion forum, where people go to discuss things. Not liking something is one of the foremost things that people tend to discuss.

Nobody is making you be here. Nobody is saying "hey Blizzard, improve your april fools day or I quit". The fact that YOU don't think it's worth complaining about is even more useless a comment than the original comment you replied to. I promise, whatever shit you think is worth talking about there will be equally many people who don't give a shit about it. Feel free to go elsewhere.
    If it wasn't the same fucking comment in every fucking thread, you'd have a point. But it isn't. It's just boring, banal whining for the sake of whining and it's frankly depressing. People love to complain about how this game sucks and that's part of the reason it sucks: We're too busy going on WoW forums to seek validation of negative opinions instead of critically assessing the problems with it. I'm not surprised or bothered by it. I find it humorous (as evidenced in the first post you quoted me). But that doesn't make it any less pathetic or pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    Wish they would actually put so much effort into this game
    Piss off kid. You are alone on this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    for some reason, dh talent '' willidari '' made me chuckle.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.