Quote Originally Posted by EmperorofMankind View Post
    So I am in need of MMORPG but I cannot find one. I play tons already.
    Reason i stoped playing following mmo's:
    WoW - hate dragonriding
    FFXIV - i hate msq (plus it takes too long time) and most of scions of seven dawn.
    Guild Wars 2 - too flash animations. Cannot play it, my head hurts.
    Star Trek online - already got 3 tier 6 ships. No desire to play more.
    LOTRO - lag problems. Recent UI change. Not having the ability to hide the chat.
    DDO - do not get this game. Tried it many times.
    Old Republic - Level sync badly implemented.
    Lost Arc - Control setting when it comes to attack/ movement.

Anyone has an idea if there any other good mmo for me to try?
    Cheers,
    Thanks,
    Try a bunch of free ones on Steam. If none of them catch your fancy, go back to playing what you were playing before this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW - hate dragonriding

Thanks,
    Lol. That is the only reason ? sounds a bit silly imo. And its much better than normal flyin like thousand of times. Need some minor rework but still its great imo.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Lol. That is the only reason ? sounds a bit silly imo. And its much better than normal flyin like thousand of times. Need some minor rework but still its great imo.
    Yes, because everything is built around it. Even some instances. I usually get out of stamina when i wanted to get to a specific mine node or herb or gather dragonriding point etc. I got pissed after one zone. Still manage to lvl to max lvl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Try a bunch of free ones on Steam. If none of them catch your fancy, go back to playing what you were playing before this thread.
    I was playing single-player game since I haven't touched mmo in couple of months.
    Do you recommend any mmo?

Yes, because everything is built around it. Even some instances. I usually get out of stamina when i wanted to get to a specific mine node or herb or gather dragonriding point etc. I got pissed after one zone. Still manage to lvl to max lvl.
    sounds like you just have to max out glyphs...
    and which instances are built around it? you can only use it in one, and even there you technicaly dont have to, there are flypoints...

Generally easier to suggest games based off what you like and what your preferences are rather than what you don't like. Just FYI.

- - - Updated - - -

I was playing single-player game since I haven't touched mmo in couple of months.
    So you didn't collect all the glyphs and unlock all the upgrades?

You didn't give any specific details what you are looking for in gameplay.

So I suggest you do as I said, "play some free ones on steam. If none work out, go back to doing what you were doing before."

WoW - hate dragonriding
    FFXIV - i hate msq (plus it takes too long time) and most of scions of seven dawn.
    Guild Wars 2 - too flash animations. Cannot play it, my head hurts.
    Star Trek online - already got 3 tier 6 ships. No desire to play more.
    LOTRO - lag problems. Recent UI change. Not having the ability to hide the chat.
    DDO - do not get this game. Tried it many times.
    Old Republic - Level sync badly implemented.
    Lost Arc - Control setting when it comes to attack/ movement.

Anyone has an idea if there any other good mmo for me to try?
    Cheers,
    Thanks,
    What do you like then? Whare are a few games you enjoy? We can suggest tons of other MMO's that aren't on that list, but without knowing what kind of game/MMO you enjoy we can't suggest anything helpful.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

>< OK. Have you gathered all glyphs ? Its a bit annoyin without but still shouldnt be an issue. And there is just one instance using it. Flyin around is just fun not hard. Still dont get ur point. It need like 15minutes to manage it.
    Last edited by czarek; 2023-04-03 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    >< OK. Have you gathered all glyphs ? Its a bit annoyin without but still shouldnt be an issue. And there is just one instance using it. Flyin around is just fun not hard. Still dont get ur point. It need like 15minutes to manage it.
    I didn't get all the glyphs if you asking me about that. I do not like the whole idea. The similar gw2 system didn't frustrate me as much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What do you like then? Whare are a few games you enjoy? We can suggest tons of other MMO's that aren't on that list, but without knowing what kind of game/MMO you enjoy we can't suggest anything helpful.
    I like rpg's. I do not like games with tons of flashy animations. Also, I am not fond of shooters. I tried Neverwinter and left it because of the business model. From time to time I hear people mention Runescape. Is it any good?

I didn't get all the glyphs if you asking me about that. I do not like the whole idea. The similar gw2 system didn't frustrate me as much.
    Unlocking all dragonriding glyphs in WoW is way easier and faster than it is to unlock full Griffon mastery in GW2. In WoW you acquire the dragon an hour into the Waking Shores story, and then you just open up a map on the internet and spend an hour flying around and then volia, you have all the glyphs.

In GW2, you had to first beat the PoF expansion's storyline, and then you had the arduous task of unlocking the Griffon (hunting for all of those eggs, waiting random events and trying to complete them without help, the hefty 250 gold price tag, etc). Then, to fully unlock Griffon flying, you needed 12 mastery points, but you needed to spend 42 mastery points to even acquire the griffon in the first place (long raptor jump, tall springer jump, jackal's ability to jump through sand portals, skimmer height boost, etc), and there are only 59 mastery points in the base PoF expansion, and once you've exhausted the easy to get mastery points you're then faced with really difficult challenges. So there is a good chance you wouldn't be able to fully unlock griffon flying until you were into season 4's content and obtaining extra mastery points from there.

Is there a moba where you can play with a team of 4 people? I don't care if the rest slots are filled by randoms that you find through a queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are there any PC or mobile games like pokemon with collecting creatues that isnt temtem? Its pretty much dead

Or anything other than creatures that i can collect and actually use them for combat, upgrade them, progress etc
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    Are there any PC or mobile games like pokemon with collecting creatues that isnt temtem? Its pretty much dead

Or anything other than creatures that i can collect and actually use them for combat, upgrade them, progress etc
    Digimon Cyber Sleuth

Final Fantasy XIII-2 has two human party members, and the third party member slot is a monster you tame.

World of Final Fantasy has two human party members, and you can game monsters and add four as party members in battle (so you have six in battle in total: the two humans and the four other party members).

Monster Hunter Stories

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Digimon Cyber Sleuth

Final Fantasy XIII-2 has two human party members, and the third party member slot is a monster you tame.

World of Final Fantasy has two human party members, and you can game monsters and add four as party members in battle (so you have six in battle in total: the two humans and the four other party members).

Monster Hunter Stories
    meh. guess i finally have to save up for switch and some pokemon game.

thank you as always for your suggestions
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

15+ Year Old Account
    Its been a while since I came on here looking for a game suggestion but here I am again asking for help. I'm looking for an MMO because I like the option to play with others instead of doing everything 100% solo. I don't have friends that I play online with and if I'm being honest, my availability to play games fluctuates all the time which would make playing with my friends more difficult. I'm in a slump and nothing is really making me interested in them. I have accounts for many games out on the market but like I said, none of them interest me right now. Here are what I've played, what I liked/loved about them, and what I didn't like about them. I'm looking for something that is either F2P or has a trial I could play before buying or subbing to it so a sub or buy to play (think ESO and such for an example) doesn't necessarily turn me away from them. I mean, why spend money on something that you don't end up liking after you've got it? I should say upfront that I'm not a fan of action combat but there have been some action combat games I have enjoyed as you'll see below.

WOW - Played on & off since 2005 but the past couple expansions have pretty much ruined my interest in it because of bad storytelling and decisions they forced onto characters. Played some of DF but lost interest after about 2-3 months.

SWTOR - Fun with great personal story building but its been 18-24 months since I've actually logged into it

AION - Was there for closed beta and launch. Game has is beautiful but lacks substance and has changed drastically too from when I did play it.

Rift - Another closed beta & launch game. Loved the premise of the game being the rifts out in the world you team up to fight and the "pick your own way" talent system & builds but the game is very P2W now. Same can be said of EQ2's game style.

Star Trek Online - Never really got into the game. Played for like a week before I lost interest.

Neverwinter - Fun game that I return to every so often just for a change of scenery but the upgrade systems can suck a big fat d! Heavily P2W and I don't feel like forking out a couple grand to get decent in the game or invest months to do the "free" route. (DDO which is where Neverwinter is based on got kinda annoying with the DM announcing everything going on including your decisions which ironically is how it makes a D&D game feel more like a real life D&D game)

Age of Conan - OK game but the unique feature of the tab-target + action combat makes the game feel very clunky for melee and the combo system is pretty damn complicated. Then there's the armor & weapon visual choices are laughable in their limitations.

ESO - The last game I've played for a significant time. Love the build & role structure allowing people to pick & choose how they want to play. Love the fact gear can be traded across your account to other characters. Love the story driven structure of it. Love the multiple guilds you can be in along with all the player housing (even if I'm not much of a builder myself). I'm actually subbed in it until the end of the year but just not feeling the game right now.

FFXIV - Another game that's fun because of its story driven game play. Love the 1 character any/all classes option. Haven't played since right before the change to purchasing housing got implemented. I've missed most of Endwalker and not really looking to pick up where I left off right now.

GW/GW2 - Have all the games. Never got really far into GW because the original was fairly clunky in the game style. GW2 was much better. The open world nature of the game along with level scaling & doing whatever you want was fun. Hated how essentially the "multiplayer" aspect of the game was all of the open-world stuff where you simply show up and that's it...for the most part. Yes I know there is "real" group content but most people don't do it outside of fractals with established groups and stuff.

Runescape 3 - Interesting game but having a hard time with knowing WTF to do or where to go or much about it. Yeah its the best example of "do what you want" type of game but lack of structure makes it very overwhelming to play. Plus not too committed to the member & upgraded member or whatever it's called just to get another combat class & crafting-ish skills all of which are not accessible if/when you're no longer a member. Plus the whole having to click to move being the ONLY way to move is extremely awkward.

Lost Ark - hated the entire thing. The overhead view like Diablo sucked. Limited character class/role sucked. I honestly can't think of a good thing to say about it.

LOTRO - I made it out of the tutorial a while ago but never really got into the game. Not opposed to checking it out again if someone can recommend a good way to play it.

Secret World - It's such a great game that it made me forget about I've ever played it lol.
    Last edited by gaymer77; 2023-11-14 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Its been a while since I came on here looking for a game suggestion but here I am again asking for help. I'm looking for an MMO because I like the option to play with others instead of doing everything 100% solo.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I should say upfront that I'm not a fan of action combat but there have been some action combat games I have enjoyed as you'll see below.
    Unfortunately I think you've played pretty much almost all of the worthwhile options. The only other games with at least decent production values I can think of would be Path of Exile (note there is a sequel coming out that has differences, is mainly slower paced), Warframe (I quit this 5 years ago because it became too grindy and too fast paced), and Genshin Impact (I was put off by the grind, the samey young cast of characters, the long drawn out combat, lack of mounts, and the unskippable bad dialogue and voice acting).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Unfortunately I think you've played pretty much almost all of the worthwhile options. The only other games with at least decent production values I can think of would be Path of Exile (note there is a sequel coming out that has differences, is mainly slower paced), Warframe (I quit this 5 years ago because it became too grindy and too fast paced), and Genshin Impact (I was put off by the grind, the samey young cast of characters, the long drawn out combat, lack of mounts, and the unskippable bad dialogue and voice acting).
    Yeah that's part of the problem I have is I've tried so many over the years because I enjoy some variety in what I play. I find that I get burned out easily if I play one for too long. Even in my WoW hayday I would log into other games every other week or so just to play something different too. My apathy with WoW now has nothing to do with feeling burned out from it and sadly has strictly to do with how they took the game. I was starting to get that feeling on WoW during BFA which is when I took a large break from it for non-IRL related reasons. I agree with you on Gershin Impact. I forgot to mention that one and 100% agree with you on that one. I tried Warframe and didn't care for it too much but only played for a few hours for a few days. I might check out PoE. I'm normally not too keen on action combat or overhead view games (Lost Ark is horrible because of that) but PoE looks similar to D3 which I did enjoy. I ended up playing more of LOTRO and was enjoying it so I might just play that for the time being. But I'll def check out PoE if it gets to that point too. Thanks!

I would appreciate if anyone could tell me a bit more of FF XVI. I just played the demo yesterday and I liked it, so I was thinking of buying the game with the current 40% off deal but there are a couple things that bothered me a bit while playing:

- Is the game so cinematic all the time or is it just the demo? The playable parts in the demo felt quite short.
    - Does the combat drag so much always? The molbol and dragon knight bosses felt like too repetitive and long.
    - Moving around the world is always done through the map or can you walk between zones later in the game?

Thanks!

I recommend free games on *snip*

Don't advertise or link to sketchy site. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2023-12-05 at 08:13 PM.