Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question on the Cobalt Assembly

I have gone to the base about 30 times, I've done the short questline
    and only twice was anyone doing anything PVE related. Is this a failed
    project or am I missing something ?

It's more or less the fun part of wow

If you missed out when it was current it's usually abandoned...since this was a rep grins you could go from 1 to max in a couple of hours a lot of people...maxed it in a couple of hours might have better luck when a storm pops up or finding a group for it

Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    am I missing something ?
    Yeah, the time when people are there. I've seen plenty of people, both solo and farming, on this side of February.

If you want to farm the rep solo, the best chance is when the PVP WQ is up. Go get yourself a bunch of abilities, finish the WQ while doing so, then go farm the PVE stuff. Much faster than hoping for drops while doing only PVE. Some of the other players will do the same, from both factions, so it is kinda like being in a group if you help each other.
    If you want to be in an actual group, simply use the group finder. I always see a few up when I look.
    Last edited by Throwme; 2023-04-04 at 05:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naw, just people abusing how simple it was to grind in the start, and now when capped, they hardly go back unless World Quests. You still have the few running around, but the time of massive groups, that is over. It was way too easy in the start of the expansion.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    It's more or less the fun part of wow

If you missed out when it was current it's usually abandoned...since this was a rep grins you could go from 1 to max in a couple of hours a lot of people...maxed it in a couple of hours might have better luck when a storm pops up or finding a group for it
    When the WQ is up people will be there, but besides that, you can now solo farm as the buffs scale a lot better with higher ilvl gear, as some buffs are pure multiplyers. Just go to the FFA zone, collect about 15 buffs, preferably 4x large, 4x small, a bit of HP, leech and the one which gives you a damage stack for each mob killed within an X amount of seconds.

There is not much to do there.
    I never bothered even with my main tbh.

Started grinding for a bit with a group. Decided it was boring and not worht the effort and stopped.

But there are occasionally groups in the group finder for it.

You may find some activity if there is a storm there or on reset day if there is a world quest there. Otherwise people who needed to grind it already have.

Honestly one of the few things i haven't bothered with, too pointless even for me.
    Pity they gated some recipes behind it though, may end up farming it sooner or later.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I am not sure what "project" you are expecting there, it's a one-time 3h farm to get the faction to exalted that most people bothering about it have done months ago.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yep, you missed the boat.
    I would suggest checking the group finder to see if anyone else is running it.
    Worst case, make your own group to fish for other people, as some people will not make groups and if they don't see one in the list, they move on to different activities.
    Then there's always trade channel to try to find someone who might need it.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    It's a mindless grind akin to half the stuff from vanilla... Yay.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

honestly, there is not much to miss there in the first place.

a ring that has decent ilvl but low stats and an unreliable procc, crafting patterns that need investing in the corresponding talents to make any money with, and a few questionable transmog items.

they had something planned there, but never implemented it.
    during the first week you could collect stuff that had a flavor text saying some NPC wants it, but that NPC never did anything and the items soon stopped dropping.

if i had to guess, they planned more, saw that people (ab)used it for level grinding, and did not want to enable that with further updates.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Yeah, the time when people are there. I've seen plenty of people, both solo and farming, on this side of February.

If you want to farm the rep solo, the best chance is when the PVP WQ is up. Go get yourself a bunch of abilities, finish the WQ while doing so, then go farm the PVE stuff. Much faster than hoping for drops while doing only PVE. Some of the other players will do the same, from both factions, so it is kinda like being in a group if you help each other.
    If you want to be in an actual group, simply use the group finder. I always see a few up when I look.
    If anything, it's the other way around. The mobs in the PvP world quest area are always up, so it's much easier to go stock up on perks on days when the quest isn't up.

I've noticed that the ability to refresh the duration of perks stops after collecting a certain amount, so it's best not to get greedy if you don't want to have to spend time regathering perks because they start running out.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Its funny because, out all the reps in Dragonflight, Cobalt Assembly is the worst. If anything, Blizzard nailed how to do reputations and reputation grinds kinda perfectly for the first time since WotLK and Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It's a mindless grind akin to half the stuff from vanilla... Yay.
    I'd say it is very different to the stuff from vanilla because of the fun of being OP. It is all about building up your buffs and blowing up the entire area; it's a power trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I am not sure what "project" you are expecting there, it's a one-time 3h farm to get the faction to exalted that most people bothering about it have done months ago.
    By failed project I simply meant content that the gaming public has looked at and rejected. But in this case if I understand you correctly it is simply no longer current. If you can max the rep in 3 hours I can see why no one is around much since the rewards after that point, other than gated recipes for collectors, have little to no attraction.
    Last edited by JDL49; 2023-04-07 at 07:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. That content actually is not relevant to the other. Sad story but it dies shortly before 10.0.7

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mortalblow View Post
    I do not get why blizzard never manages to get the start of an expac or even the start of a patch right, and why they do not manage to stop hardcore players from abusing glitches to maxx out reputations way before it was intended to get there. In the end you have to be a well informed exploiter to maximize the reputation output to play WoW.

And Blizzard even supports that by not reverting the result of glitch abuse. They just "fix" a glitch, and do not allow slower players to get to the stage as fast as players play in an early stage of a game. Which is even more frustrating. While Joe hardcore used dig eploit #2 to get thousands of reputation within the first two days, people who get there later on do not have the same opportunity.

Do your homework, blizzard. Either let the glitches in for everyone, or revert their consequencies.
    Revert, punish, banhammering. And first of all test ur damn game before realese.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mortalblow View Post
    I mean.. something went really wrong if people read ownedcore to find the most effective way to find reputation grind methods..
    Nowadays ppl are obsessed? Yes i think its a good word. Peaople are obsessed with efficient minmaxing. This is killing fun in online gaming overall. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Nowadays ppl are obsessed? Yes i think its a good word. Peaople are obsessed with efficient minmaxing. This is killing fun in online gaming overall. IMO
    People wanna win...and the internet raised the bar for most people

Used to think I was the best fighting game player ever beat all my friends did well in the arcades thought shit if I entered a tournament I'd win every game no problem

Then Street Fighter 4 came out with online play and I got fucking destroyed. Granted I absolutely got better and still have fun with them the internet kinda humbled me and I'm pretty happy hanging out in the low to mid tier ranks as I see that as "this is about my skill level and I can grind at my own pace"

Most people though aren't me. People see being on low or mid tier ranks as they suck. That's why you got people who probably have no business doing mythic raids bitching that they can't do it. Screaming in LoL that their teammates are keeping them from Diamond or whatever rank it is. You got on forums like this thinking "yeah I cleared normal raz I feel awesome" only to see people bragging that they killed mythic with their eyes closed playing their rotation on a Rock Band Drum Set.