Thread: how just how?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

how just how?

tried some random battlegrounds 80% of them just seem to be Russian premade or full teams of Russians who just steamroll every game,, then you get this,,

I'm fully 424 geared fully gemmed with all the extra gem slots from the tokens from the vault and still get hit with this damage.. literally died in seconds.. with over 500k hp

and yes it was from RET Paladin..

162k final verdit and 23k was absorbed..... :/

Last edited by Staticted69; 2023-04-08 at 12:19 AM.

See that 3% Nerf is doing its job.. Good job Blizzard.

Maybe the meta has changed along the years, but I recall a time where casters weren't supposed to be able to facetank melees. So, with that I think it's working as intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Maybe the meta has changed along the years, but I recall a time where casters weren't supposed to be able to facetank melees. So, with that I think it's working as intended.
    Yeah but during that time, melee didn't also have infinite gap closers.

LOCK crying over rets burst lol hahahahaha

1. demonic circle of summoning - use it

2. demonic gateways - use it

3. dark pact - use it

4. death coil - use it

5. fear - use it

6. stun - use it

7. health stone - use it

8. unending resolve - use it

do SOMETHING. dont act like a punch bag.

also, give us your armory page so that we can be assured that youre fully 424 with everything you said.

edit:

just to add: something doesnt look quite right about your death there. I see you were also hit by hunter and warrior. Which means you probably wasnt in arena fighting triple dps. but in BG instead. Where that paladin could also have berserker debuff + double dps trinket for fun (which DOES increase dmg a lot)

his MELEE hit hit you for 21k.

either you are lying about your gear, or he went full mongo with double dps trinks and other buffs and stuff.

you could have also been carrying a flag.
    Last edited by Palapop; 2023-04-08 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    just to add: something doesnt look quite right about your death there. I see you were also hit by hunter and warrior. Which means you probably wasnt in arena fighting triple dps. but in BG instead. Where that paladin could also have berserker debuff + double dps trinket for fun (which DOES increase dmg a lot)
    He wasn't fighting Triple DPS. If you notice, he dies twice in the combat log. The Hunter / Warrior were the "first" death. The entire second death was just the Paladin. Probably did bust a bunch of trinkets + boosts though, given those mele hits, as you mentioned.

7+ Year Old Account
    Skill Issue
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

WOW, meta changes in world of warcraft. crazy.
    Judge a man not by the gleam of his sword, but by the dents in his shield.

Paladins got reworked and are completely OP.
    Rusiian premades are prevalent...but not every BG is a russian premade.

I live inside random BGs i know this well

Well your deathlog shows 5 gcds at least from ret. You didn't even use a healthstone soooo....

Quote Originally Posted by Staticted69 View Post
    162k final verdit and 23k was absorbed..... :/
    I mean it takes 3-4 moves prior before it hits so you have time and it's a build up "finisher". You also forgot to mentioned it crit too.

On top of that you got hit 11 times as a cloth wearer with no heals. What did you expect? Pretty normal behavior.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2023-04-08 at 07:13 AM.

just to add: something doesnt look quite right about your death there. I see you were also hit by hunter and warrior. Which means you probably wasnt in arena fighting triple dps. but in BG instead.
    He said that he did some random BG's in his opening.
    But you are right, he most likely did not use all his skills and/or the ret was on a killing rush.

@OP working as intended. Get better and this will not happen. Gear ain't everything.
    And you only took 459167 dmg. Meaning, you are not >500k + you did not use ANY defensive or healing at all.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2023-04-08 at 07:30 AM.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP, the ret did so much damage due to an error in the last updates for ret pallies. They are supposedly fixing this for the next maintenance period according to the upcoming changes log. Rets are getting nerfed for PvP in that update.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    OP, the ret did so much damage due to an error in the last updates for ret pallies. They are supposedly fixing this for the next maintenance period according to the upcoming changes log. Rets are getting nerfed for PvP in that update.
    That's not why. You are referring to Execution Sentence which was not used here. Secondly, the paladin used at least 11 abilities while the lock used nothing defensively or healed or healthstone. So yes, it's intentional and it's a matter of the player needing to play a bit better despite "having the best gearz".

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    That's not why. You are referring to Execution Sentence which was not used here. Secondly, the paladin used at least 11 abilities while the lock used nothing defensively or healed or healthstone. So yes, it's intentional and it's a matter of the player needing to play a bit better despite "having the best gearz".
    I mean unless I am missing something, wouldn't defensives come under "my actions" rather than "what happened to me"? health stones wouldn't, I believe, so you're spot on there

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I mean unless I am missing something, wouldn't defensives come under "my actions" rather than "what happened to me"? health stones wouldn't, I believe, so you're spot on there

my armory

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com...k/lewdrumpslap

and yes this was the what happened to me tab so shows attacks on me not what is used, iv been playing wow since 2008 not a high-rated pvper but I do know how to play the game, and use my abilities lol....

this was in deepwind gorge BG I had just spawned on the wee hill near ruins I was actually casting Create healthstone/soulwell and not often you get attacked on spawn on that hill, so I wasn't excepting it but I did react, just didn't matter...when he came flying up the ramp on a horse used wings I used my def CDs but still blew me up in seconds
    Last edited by Staticted69; 2023-04-08 at 01:47 PM.

Dont worry too much OP I assure you 100% Paladin is OP atm due to rework.
    It is getting adressed in future patch

LOCK crying over rets burst lol hahahahaha

1. demonic circle of summoning - use it

2. demonic gateways - use it

3. dark pact - use it

4. death coil - use it

5. fear - use it

6. stun - use it

7. health stone - use it

8. unending resolve - use it

do SOMETHING. dont act like a punch bag.

also, give us your armory page so that we can be assured that youre fully 424 with everything you said.

edit:

his MELEE hit hit you for 21k.

either you are lying about your gear, or he went full mongo with double dps trinks and other buffs and stuff.

you could have also been carrying a flag.
    Bolded for truth.
    What the fuck was he thinking, whining after facetanking a warrior and a ret while being shot by a hunter?

I mean i do plenty of stupid shit on my lock as well, it's part of the reason i play it - it allows you to just be the most annoying dengue&malaria-laden mosquito on the battlefield.
    But you're also a slow mosquito if you do not plan ahead, and then you deserve to be squished.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Bolded for truth.
    What the fuck was he thinking, whining after facetanking a warrior and a ret while being shot by a hunter?

I mean i do plenty of stupid shit on my lock as well, it's part of the reason i play it - it allows you to just be the most annoying dengue&malaria-laden mosquito on the battlefield.
    But you're also a slow mosquito if you do not plan ahead, and then you deserve to be squished.
    if you happened to read my reply it was 1v1 the ret I just spawned was casting soulwell when he ran up the ramp to spawn and poped wings I used my def but still blew me up,

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Staticted69 View Post
    my armory

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com...k/lewdrumpslap

and yes this was the what happened to me tab so shows attacks on me not what is used, iv been playing wow since 2008 not a high-rated pvper but I do know how to play the game, and use my abilities lol....

this was in deepwind gorge BG I had just spawned on the wee hill near ruins I was actually casting Create healthstone/soulwell and not often you get attacked on spawn on that hill, so I wasn't excepting it but I did react, just didn't matter...when he came flying up the ramp on a horse used wings I used my def CDs but still blew me up in seconds

So Unending Resolve, Demonic Circle and them do not show up, however abilities like Healthstone, Drain Life, etc. do along with any heals you receive which is why you'll see the Fel Armor absorbs as well. Next we can also roughly tell what happened based on the player's health and that 10 abilities + a tick were used meaning it took at the very least 10 seconds to die probably more in the 15 second region due to GCD's and delays. The OP has also now come out and said this was all under Wings with its ~20% damage boost likely with a trinket up. I've seen other classes be able to kill you in less hits and less time than this.

To answer your question though, we would definitely be able to see heals in that section so we know none were used. Due to how quickly they died (based on rough estimates from Fel Armor) and such it gives us an idea that they OP did not use any defensives, regardless of what was mentioned. If they did, then the math would end up a bit differently though maybe they got Unending Resolve off the last second or two?

The OP quotes you and mentions that he used his "defensives" from the list that locks generally have and says he was attacked on spawn. So the following can be deduced:

1. Demonic Circle not used because it was not setup due to respawning.
    2. Demonic Gateway likely was not used based on time differences on HP loss.
    3. Dark Pact was not used as the combat log would show the absorption from hits on it.
    4. Mortal Coil was not used as there is no heal mentioned from the ability in the log.
    5. Fear was likely not used based on Fel Armor differences and if it was it was instantly trinketed (which goes back to Mortal Coil should've been used). This is where I know some will Drain Life as well to get back some health.
    6. Shadowfury can't be told from the log but again based on time differences it wasn't used (and goes back to Fear/Mortal Coil should've been used). Out of these three abilities one of them would've been trinketed but the other two wouldn't have.
    7. Healthstone was not used as it would show up in that log.
    8. Unending Resolve can't be told for sure, but is a 20% reduction and based on player being alive doesn't look like it was used and if so Wings (+ likely trinket) would've "negated" it. By "negate" I mean with it up then the damage would be the normal amount done roughly because maths.

9. Nether Ward, just noticed they talented this for PvP, was not used either as the absorb would show up in the combat log.

Out of the list and available abilities to the warlock the only one that might've been used is Unending Resolve. The OP claims he knows how to play the game and use abilities, which might be the case, but the log they presented shows that they don't.

Now, overall I am not an expert on warlocks as it is not my main class but by looking at the abilities, what I've played and testing the combat log (Yes, I did test to make sure they actually showed up) you can tell what happened.

Edit: Added in spell links for those who we aren't sure what each one does.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2023-04-08 at 05:39 PM.