Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    People wanna win...and the internet raised the bar for most people

Used to think I was the best fighting game player ever beat all my friends did well in the arcades thought shit if I entered a tournament I'd win every game no problem

Then Street Fighter 4 came out with online play and I got fucking destroyed. Granted I absolutely got better and still have fun with them the internet kinda humbled me and I'm pretty happy hanging out in the low to mid tier ranks as I see that as "this is about my skill level and I can grind at my own pace"

Most people though aren't me. People see being on low or mid tier ranks as they suck. That's why you got people who probably have no business doing mythic raids bitching that they can't do it. Screaming in LoL that their teammates are keeping them from Diamond or whatever rank it is. You got on forums like this thinking "yeah I cleared normal raz I feel awesome" only to see people bragging that they killed mythic with their eyes closed playing their rotation on a Rock Band Drum Set.
    They wanna win i know. They are focused on thing that used to deliver fun instead of it those thing delivers now frustration, abusing and questionable joy

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Nowadays ppl are obsessed? Yes i think its a good word. Peaople are obsessed with efficient minmaxing. This is killing fun in online gaming overall. IMO
    While i agree with your sentiment in general, it might also be a hint of "Hey people apparantly don't actually like this content, yet still feel forced to do it somehow and thus want to get it over with a.s.a.p.". It's hard to distinguish, but be careful not to blame this red flag on the users too quickly.

In this particular case i can easily understand that, given the locking of recipes behind it and the not sharing of the reputation unlocks between characters.

Frankly i find it much more aggravating a grind than the new bears grind; at least those give a mildly useful and very entertaining new language as a reward while being a relatively light, decently paced and self-timeable grind.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Hopefully the devs buff reputation gain now that the ring you get from there is completely obsolete. It sucks when you miss out on "exploit early, exploit often".

If not, I guess I'll max it out at level 80.

As others have already established, most people have already done it, and is done with that area.

You can still find groups in the group finder, if you want to grind the rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

The only reason to be there was to get a 389 ring.

It was an attempt at making a rep grind fun and, IMO, failed. Terribly boring, terribly slow. The furbolg reputation feels much faster and bearable, and I wish they'd make the Assembly as fast. The one thing Assembly has going for it is that the power rewards are available 1/3 of the grind in and you only need to do the second two-thirds of the grind once per account to unlock the ability to buy all the cosmetic rewards.

But the only time I bother going there is when the WQ is up. Spending an hour to get 600 rep is just not fun. I'd actually rather get 5 rep per kill, which is something I never thought I'd say was a better option to ANY rep grind after I did Black Prince back in MoP.

Apparently the rep was like twice as generous in the first week of the expansion but naturally they fixed it before the majority of players could take advantage, and now the power rewards are outdated so there aren't as many groups up all the time now. It's basically just mog collectors/completionists.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't really get it either. I think I farmed just enough to get the 389 ring. Now the only time I go there is when there is a WQ on which gives good rewards. I'll get it to max, eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Apparently the rep was like twice as generous in the first week of the expansion but naturally they fixed it before the majority of players could take advantage, and now the power rewards are outdated so there aren't as many groups up all the time now. It's basically just mog collectors/completionists.
    Much more than that; people talked about maxing it out in an hour or two, like the 10.0.7 furbolg rep today.

This, incidentally, is why I did the furbolg rep immediately on patch day, even before going to the forbidden reach. FOMO was strong in me that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    It was an attempt at making a rep grind fun and, IMO, failed. Terribly boring, terribly slow. The furbolg reputation feels much faster and bearable, and I wish they'd make the Assembly as fast. The one thing Assembly has going for it is that the power rewards are available 1/3 of the grind in and you only need to do the second two-thirds of the grind once per account to unlock the ability to buy all the cosmetic rewards.

But the only time I bother going there is when the WQ is up. Spending an hour to get 600 rep is just not fun. I'd actually rather get 5 rep per kill, which is something I never thought I'd say was a better option to ANY rep grind after I did Black Prince back in MoP.

/10chars
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.