Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    That's how I feel whenever I get the hint of a desire to speculate about WoW lore. I don't care about the minutiae anymore. I don't care because the writers themselves showed that they don't. I can't invest passion into something that the creators themselves haven't put any of their own into.

Alternatively, I could simply be getting old and can't relate to the young folk. But I don't think it's that. I think this is the rare case where unadulterated cynicism has the right of it.
    I'm in a peculiar state of superposition—on one hand, I am young, and thus eager. On the other hand, my idiotic young brain was entirely molded by Warcraft III, so I am also cynical about the prospects of WoW's future. In that spirit, I am trapped between the two, and indulge in both vicariously.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Somehow reminds me Nighthold room...
    btw
    did you guys see this?
    https://twitter.com/Qwik/status/1645086011003916290

Absolutely gorgeous environment design.

7+ Year Old Account
    Definitely looks really really good.
    I'm a sucker for anything floaty with dark and starry skyboxes.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats a lot of Void influence there, I wonder what the consequences will result after Sarkareth's death.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I wish they had created a new void creature (this part of the raid shows it's really just voidwalkers and the ghosts from WOD at this point) but I know it doesn't really fit in the expansion to justify.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous environment design.
    That specific pure void aesthetic always looks stunning. Would love to get a raid themed even more heavily on it, rather than lesser forms like Old Gods.
    Corrupted fleshy tendrils is cool and all, but nothing like that amazing astral theming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I wish they had created a new void creature (this part of the raid shows it's really just voidwalkers and the ghosts from WOD at this point) but I know it doesn't really fit in the expansion to justify.
    There is the Chrono elemental mob which looks amazing, though that one has already been used in the Azure Vault, so it might be a bit too close to reuse again.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I'm rather tired of the old gods/void. They're as overexposed as the Titans are, and their aesthetic aren't interesting like the Legion was.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm rather tired of the old gods/void. They're as overexposed as the Titans are, and their aesthetic aren't interesting like the Legion was.
    And when WoD/Legion was current, people were complaining about the Legion aesthetics.

We have barely gotten any Void aesthetics without the Old Gods, they need to flesh out the magic type more and this looks like they're starting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    That's how I feel whenever I get the hint of a desire to speculate about WoW lore. I don't care about the minutiae anymore. I don't care because the writers themselves showed that they don't. I can't invest passion into something that the creators themselves haven't put any of their own into.
    After WoD and reading the Chronicles I began writing notes of stuff that I felt was wrong. It's something that's turned into a hobby of sorts. Some people rewrite things in their head, I however write stuff in my notebook. A notebook that's my version of WoW 2.0. A catharsis to deal with my frustration over the stupidity of WoW writing. My notes stop in the middle of MoP.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeee, we all know that overwhelming green is better than overwhelming purple. :v
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Thats a lot of Void influence there, I wonder what the consequences will result after Sarkareth's death.
    Probably not a whole lot, actually. That stuff has been there for at least ten millenia.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yeee, we all know that overwhelming green is better than overwhelming purple. :v
    I find the black/dark blue/dark purple shadow magic and tentacles theme and the monsters to be rather generic. Seen it a lot before in MTG and various D&D settings and so on. Even recent games like Bloodborne riff the aesthetic. I thought that the Burning Legion looked very aesthetically unique with the juxtaposition of black rocks and green fire. Their demons looked pretty good like Felguard, Doomguards, Pit Lords, Fel Reavers, etc. I'd chalk up Tanaan Jungle being so harsh on the eyes to poor art direction, given that other Legion themed zones like TBC Shadowmoon Valley or the Demon Hunter starting zone or Argus were much more pleasing.

I'm assuming that stained glass window is not any of the current known Old Gods.
    Edit or nevermind it's just a voidy Deathwing. Didn't look at it very closely at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    ? We have had 8 heritage quests for the core races
    gnome
    goblin
    worgen
    orc
    human
    blelf
    tauren
    dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Dude I facepalmed so hard it left a red mark on my face. How would that ever work? Please tell me it is sarcasm and I rolled a 1 on Sense Motive?
    Just a random thought I had. Maybe you choose from a cool interface after doing a quest or something IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Just a random thought I had. Maybe you choose from a cool interface after doing a quest or something IDK.
    My concern was not the UI.

10+ Year Old Account
    That stained glass image is lovely. Kudos to the art team for all of that. Looking forward to that boss fight.

Gotta say, I'm pretty surprised just how much void stuff they're putting into this. I do hope that DF doesn't end like BFA with some Old God stuffed into the final patch.