Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Did anyone in this thread even watch the video OP posted? Lol
    Seriously, 5 seconds in and you know what’s going on.
    If you think you're the only enlightened one to catch a "cammy thicc" meme I have bad news for you. Most people just prefer to talk about the game and genre seriously.

Did anyone in this thread even watch the video OP posted? Lol
    Seriously, 5 seconds in and you know what’s going on.
    um...yeah we've known about Cammy's ass since 1993. Hell this is the most amount of clothes she's EVER had in her default outfit and they somehow made her way sexier.
    I feel this is a response to well this
    https://kotaku.com/espn-makes-street...hon-1797020615

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    um...yeah we've known about Cammy's ass since 1993. Hell this is the most amount of clothes she's EVER had in her default outfit and they somehow made her way sexier.
    I feel this is a response to well this
    https://kotaku.com/espn-makes-street...hon-1797020615
    Sure, everyone has known about it, but the entire video is about the 2 fighter’s butt pixels lol. Again, it really seems like the entire video just went over everyone’s head.
    It literally goes from her butt to Jordan Peele’s sweat dripping forehead.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2023-04-10 at 08:46 PM.

I am looking forward to the open-world aspect of the game. I hope it's like SF Shenmue.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    Fighting Games are stil a thing? Didn't they die out in the PS2 Era?

I mean...it's always the same boring shit, how can this stil sell?
    Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Street Fighter, Smash Borthers and probably a few other smaller games - their communities are huge.

Sure, everyone has known about it, but the entire video is about the 2 fighter’s butt pixels lol. Again, it really seems like the entire video just went over everyone’s head.
    It literally goes from her butt to Jordan Peele’s sweat dripping forehead.
    I don't think it went over anyone's head. Anyone acquainted with the series knows she's the most sexualized character.

Also SF with busty, big butted woman is to Final Fantasy with androgynous, slightly edgy main protagonist. So expected and core to the franchise that fans would revolt if it wasn't ever the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I don't think it went over anyone's head. Anyone acquainted with the series knows she's the most sexualized character.

Also SF with busty, big butted woman is to Final Fantasy with androgynous, slightly edgy main protagonist. So expected and core to the franchise that fans would revolt if it wasn't ever the case.
    But again, the OP made a joke post about how good the game looks based off of the pixel animations of a characters butt, and people are treating it as a serious thread about how the game looks, and some ppl actually seemed to start trash talking each other. It definitely went over some people’s heads.

10+ Year Old Account
    joke aside: SF5 start was horrible, if it wasn't for infinite support from capcom sf5 could easily ruined sf series
    so regardless of how sf6 looks now, i have strong faith in it because capcom didn't stop supporting sf5 even 1 sec, while MK or Tekken support (in comparison) is a big joke
    and sadly my fav fighting game from childhood KOF is in disaster state anyway so hopefully prince arab money will pump life back to it
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

But again, the OP made a joke post about how good the game looks based off of the pixel animations of a characters butt, and people are treating it as a serious thread about how the game looks, and some ppl actually seemed to start trash talking each other. It definitely went over some people’s heads.
    You aren't wrong but that's just that nature of any forum. People jump into a topic to insert their opinion and discuss what they want to discuss regardless of the topic at hand. In this case people want to discuss the series rather than Cammy's umm..assets.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    joke aside: SF5 start was horrible, if it wasn't for infinite support from capcom sf5 could easily ruined sf series
    Every single SF after CE and rainbow was immediately hated on release and canonized like 2 years later.

This is the nature of the FGC.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Every single SF after CE and rainbow was immediately hated on release and canonized like 2 years later.

Um might be remembering wrong but the Alpha series and 4 was mostly loved when it came out. Doubley so for the vs series

3 and 5 yeah you can absolutely say that

3 didn't get good till Third Strike and 5 was rough in the beginning

Alpha 3 was probably the reverse of this where it was absolutely loved when it came out and now is considered the lesser of the 3 games

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    Fighting Games are stil a thing? Didn't they die out in the PS2 Era?

I mean...it's always the same boring shit, how can this stil sell?
    Literally every game gets repetitive...

5 was dog shit at launch, let's even ignore the fact it launched rushed out the door with bare bone features so they didn't have to do another CPT season with USF4 the fucking game had nearly 8 frames of input lag at launch. You couldn't even react to Nash's teleports because of the lag. That is offline lag I'm talking about also lets not even factor it in combined with the net code lmao. The launch was dog shit and it's not just a nature of the fgc thing either. Thankfully capcom did infinitely support SFV and eventually made it into a good game but the launch was big time oof.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-04-11 at 12:36 AM.

Um might be remembering wrong but the Alpha series and 4 was mostly loved when it came out. Doubley so for the vs series

3 and 5 yeah you can absolutely say that

3 didn't get good till Third Strike and 5 was rough in the beginning

Alpha 3 was probably the reverse of this where it was absolutely loved when it came out and now is considered the lesser of the 3 games
    That is kinda revisionist. Fans dragged SF4 (pre Ultra) for everything from the roster (as usual) to the 3d art style.

Especially because SF4 was released after Third Strike had become holy in the FGC.

SF4 wasn't that great at launch but it had enough 09ers praising it that pretty much drowned out the old heads complaining about it. SF4 was also no where near as bad as SF5 was at launch though, largely because it had a year to cook in arcades before the console release. The people that actually played third strike would only be a tiny minority of the player base that picked up SF4 so you had to look into some really hardcore circles to see those players shitting on SF4.

That is kinda revisionist. Fans dragged SF4 (pre Ultra) for everything from the roster (as usual) to the 3d art style.

Especially because SF4 was released after Third Strike had become holy in the FGC.
    Yeah but that was a tiny minority it wasn't UNIVERSALLY hated like 3 and 5 was...

And honestly 4s only crime in Vanilla was not being as.good as Third Strike and Sagat being broken again again

Yeah but that was a tiny minority it wasn't UNIVERSALLY hated like 3 and 5 was...

And honestly 4s only crime in Vanilla was not being as.good as Third Strike and Sagat being broken again again
    3 and 5 were not universally hated either. 3 had so much hype going into it.

When it came out I was waiting in line for like FOUR HOURS to queue up at Aladin's Castle. That shit was buzzing for weeks.

Critical reception for many of the mainline SF games has always skewed positively. I am talking about the FGC specifically. And everything after CE/Rainbow was dragged before the FGC decided at some point the last version is now godly. People shined Street Fighter the Movie arcade game nowadays. When at the time that cabinet was the source of absolute hatred.

I was literally there- I lived blocks from Denises, Funland, KB, Tip Top Laundry, CTF.

When it came out I was waiting in line for like FOUR HOURS to queue up at Aladin's Castle. That shit was buzzing for weeks.

Critical reception for many of the mainline SF games has always skewed positively. I am talking about the FGC specifically. And everything after CE/Rainbow was dragged before the FGC decided at some point the last version is now godly. People shined Street Fighter the Movie arcade game nowadays. When at the time that cabinet was the source of absolute hatred.

I was literally there- I lived blocks from Denises, Funland, KB, Tip Top Laundry, CTF.
    https://opencritic.com/game/1640/street-fighter-v

Critical reception did not skew positively for SF5 with only 47% of critics recommending the game(which funny enough shows how dumb meta ratings are as a 75 being something 53% don't recommend). The people praising SF5 at launch where a minority be it critics, casuals, hardcores, long time SF players, first time SF players whatever. Regardless of anything else SF5 was not hated because of the fgc cycle, it was actual garbage at launch.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-04-11 at 01:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

street fighter alpha 3 specially was great from the start
    street fighter 4 started way better than 5
    in fact, street fighter 5 started so low as sf2 content, and sf2 is 1992 product

- - - Updated - - -

back then there was no internet.... yeah ppl were hyped for 3, but after 3 launch, and having nothing in common with older sf games, not to mention the brutal parry system, the hype for 3 died fast, and by next month ppl were lining for alpha and even 2 and flat out ignored 3
    as for 5, at launch no one praised it, pro gamers hated its input delay (and skullgirls even mocked that), casuals hated it had nothing to do, and it was ignored in favor for other far more completed games
    but capcom didn't stop support it even now, massively improving it until it became great, it is that reason why i have faith in sf6 since thing i can see worse than sf5 is 3, and 3 didn't have internet to fix it non stop
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Literally every game gets repetitive...
    Yes, especially overwatch.