Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post

Looks like it might be decently fun.
    that is my assessment too.

The Marvels trailer already tracking high. Terrific engagement in like 2-3 hours of even being up.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'm looking forward to the little Flerken army.
    yes! so much this!

It was a rather uninspiring trailer. Didn't make me go Wow.
    Don't think this movie will do huge numbers. Most people have no idea who Rambeau or Khan are, no big Marvel movie to prop it up. At least Brie Larson showed more than a few facial expressions.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Don't think this movie will do huge numbers. Most people have no idea who Rambeau or Khan are, no big Marvel movie to prop it up. At least Brie Larson showed more than a few facial expressions.
    Sure, if by "most people" you mean "the entire world's population" as opposed to "people interested in the MCU." But assuming the former, "most people" have no idea who the vast majority of the characters are in the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wandavision and Ms. Marvel were both seen by millions of people. Anyone who hasn't seen them by now probably isn't that into the MCU to begin with.

And it's always fascinating when people claim Brie Larson, Oscar-winning actress, can't portray emotions. Intentionally ignoring the central plotline of the Captain Marvel film around her character and what happened to her, where she was kidnapped and brainwashed by the Kree, losing her memories, and taught to reflexively suppress her emotions because they were "dangerous" (really, because it risked her bucking their control over her). Brie Larson played that role well, and her relative lack of emotional affect is deliberate for that character in that moment. These accusations of her acting prowess are just pure dishonesty, without any merit whatsoever. Unless you're telling me you really couldn't follow Captain Marvel's plot, which was not subtle at all and spelled right out for you explicitly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    These accusations of her acting prowess are just pure dishonesty, without any merit whatsoever. Unless you're telling me you really couldn't follow Captain Marvel's plot, which was not subtle at all and spelled right out for you explicitly.
    Well, we all know that these "complaints" do not have a source in an actual acting performance.

Hope I don't have to watch Ms Marvel to fully get the movie. Although, YouTube recaps exist.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-04-11 at 05:00 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Trailer doesn't blow me away, but doesn't scare me away, either. Decent, interesting, CATS.

Not enough to make me watch this in theaters, but I'll check it out on steaming when it's out. That's more than most Marvel stuff has managed of late

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well, we all know that these "complaints" do not have a source in an actual acting performance.

Hope I don't have to watch Ms Marvel to fully get the movie. Although, YouTube recaps exist.
    Should be a safe bet it will be Ms Marvel who gets the majority fist bump moments and asskicking scenes

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm expecting the usual people to naysay it, but honestly? This looks way better than the first Captain Marvel film.

Big fan of Iman Vellani, she's a good comic relief to two overly serious characters.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Unless they're bringing in the Jinn (important in the show, she's part-Jinn which is why she has powers basically), there's probably very little you'd need to know other than "young Pakistani-American girl, "hard light" powers she's only starting to understand properly, close and protective family who know everything about her powers." Not to say the show didn't introduce a lot, but it's mostly about her ancestors and her extended Jinn family who were trapped in our dimension and wanted to go home, and got violent about it, over and above the origin-story learning-my-powers coming-out-to-my-family stuff which isn't unique to Kamala at all really, though she's got a unique charm with it all. All tied off nicely in the show and little reason to be relevant in the Marvels film.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think that the DODC are going to be a tool of a big bad somewhere down the line, wouldn't be surprised if it's run by a Kang variant.

They played a pretty big part as villains in MsM, and it's not the first time they've shown up.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I still think that the DODC are going to be a tool of a big bad somewhere down the line, wouldn't be surprised if it's run by a Kang variant.

They played a pretty big part as villains in MsM, and it's not the first time they've shown up.
    Val's "Madame Hydra" in the comics. I don't think she's been directly tied to DODC yet, but I think they keep bringing her back up to demonstrate Hydra is by no means over and done, and infiltrating/suborning an organization like the DODC is exactly how Hydra operates. FWIW.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, what this movie is supposed to be about, they now use the powers and change places, because she touch something when you should be smart enough to don't, and there is an evil lady and that blue guy from the guardians of galaxy movie? she is apparently the villain, soo....

Meh, At least Ant-man had kang, this looks like a fart in the wind, and seems like Captain Marvel will follow the thread and be overshadowed in her sequel, well, she was already, since isn't captain marvel 2 anymore.

Maybe, making something with less stakes and a simple story will be better who knows, but the trailer was not promising

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually let out a little scream when I saw the trailer was up.

I'm super excited for this movie! I love all three characters, but especially Ms. Marvel. And her family comes back for it? Hell yes. I can't wait.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    So, what this movie is supposed to be about, they now use the powers and change places, because she touch something when you should be smart enough to don't, and there is an evil lady and that blue guy from the guardians of galaxy movie? she is apparently the villain, soo....

Meh, At least Ant-man had kang, this looks like a fart in the wind, and seems like Captain Marvel will follow the thread and be overshadowed in her sequel, well, she was already, since isn't captain marvel 2 anymore.

Maybe, making something with less stakes and a simple story will be better who knows, but the trailer was not promising
    More entertaining is looking at the YT comments on RT and Marvel and seeing all the Bot activity. Same accounts posting the same thing every 30 min or so. On FB and Twitter the bots all say "This looks fun!"
    From this trailer the chi abd VFax looks terrible. The henchmen bad guys looook like power ranger bad guys.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

More entertaining is looking at the YT comments on RT and Marvel and seeing all the Bot activity. Same accounts posting the same thing every 30 min or so. On FB and Twitter the bots all say "This looks fun!"
    From this trailer the chi abd VFax looks terrible. The henchmen bad guys looook like power ranger bad guys.
    Oh look, you two hate another Marvel movie.

There’s a shocker….

Soundtrack got me cabbage patchin'.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post

There’s a shocker….
    I am so shocked right now

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post

There’s a shocker….
    You could practically set a clock based on how predictable that was.