Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    It's mostly used for you to see older dungeons again at the same "toughness" as back then. I do agree it should drop better gear, so should heroic dungeons.
    TW dungeons are easier than their original normal difficulties. They aren’t meant to be tough at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am 99% sure it has nothing to do with ilvl or prequests.

I recently hit 70 on an alt with which I started spamming TW with Argus gear (ilvl50). I did buy some greens of the AH to get started, but not before running a couple dungeons in that sorry state.

I also had completed no Dragonflight intro quests on the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I don't have DF. And I have to play ZM to grind several 226-232 pieces to get 170, as fresh 60 has ~150. Yeah, it's most likely that bad game design again. Something to prevent Dracthys from doing timewalking before leaving their start location, like if they couldn't tie it to some achievement or something like that. It's their well known "Fix for one - break for everyone else" crutch design.

Thx God, ZM provides quick access to catch-up gear. But what if it wouldn't? Do you understand, that doing WQs with 150ilvl gear in location, that requires ~200 - is even worse idea, that doing timewalking in the same gear?

This is whole reason, why Wow fails. Players have to find workarounds for bad game design more often, than actually playing that game.
    How do you reach that.. Nathria drops 200 on normal. This was the first raid in the expansion.

If you can't get above 200 without ZM, that is not the games fault, but yours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I am 99% sure it has nothing to do with ilvl or prequests.

I recently hit 70 on an alt with which I started spamming TW with Argus gear (ilvl50). I did buy some greens of the AH to get started, but not before running a couple dungeons in that sorry state.

I also had completed no Dragonflight intro quests on the guy.
    exactly this. I levelled 2 tanks from 50 to 70 in TW, and never ran into itemlevel issues.. I have no idea how that fairytale of an itemlevel requirement got started

Quote Originally Posted by Nurmat View Post
    For some reason Blizzard restricted timewalking again for 60+ players, before in SL it was 50+, but in patch 9.2 until DF we could do timewalking at lower levels.
    TBC, WotLK 31+
    Cata, MoP 36+
    Wod 41+
    Legion 46+
    I believe they primarily changed it due to balancing issues. As you are within the 10 level spread of level cap you have more access to talents and gear while those under didn't and could hinder the groups in some cases. I remember back in BFA Azerite gear made a big difference in TW gear that if you were less than 50 it hurt the group, especially in certain dungeons.

Funny thing, but heirlooms give enough ilvl to fresh character to do timewalking at level 60. Another case of mandatory heirlooms? It's especially funny, because timewalking grants heirloom upgrades as rewards, so heirlooms are required to get even more heirlooms. Yeah, nice logic.

Another hidden thing, implemented for no reason - is that not looted timewalking badges aren't delivered via mail, i.e. simply lost. I.e. if player can't loot boss due to some bugs or because his party does some crappy things - he just loses his reward, he has wasted time on.

Example: tank tanked whole dungeon well, but started to do some weird things at the end. He seemed to want to avoid unavoidable pack, i.e. started to backpedal instead of tanking it. We pulled it, but he refused to tank it, as if it would have been ninja-pull. I died as result and had to release spirit. Was teleported to beginning of dungeon. Meanwhile they killed boss. So what? In order to get my extra 10 badges I had to waste my time on walking whole way to end of instance again? And all of that due to douchebag tank? Are you serious?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    I read somewhere it is 180ilvl

You can see it by inviting someone who is definitely below the requirement. When you go to queue, it'll explicitly tell you when you can't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    TW dungeons are easier than their original normal difficulties. They aren’t meant to be tough at all.
    They were, in fact, meant to retain their original relative difficulty (Which, as Classic continually proves, was not as hard as you think it was). And they weren't so easy last expansion. Blizzard screwed up the rebalancing, as is tradition.
    Last edited by Darien Stegosaur; 2023-04-11 at 11:25 AM.

Funny thing, but heirlooms give enough ilvl to fresh character to do timewalking at level 60. Another case of mandatory heirlooms? It's especially funny, because timewalking grants heirloom upgrades as rewards, so heirlooms are required to get even more heirlooms. Yeah, nice logic.
    That is a stretch and you know it. Timewalking does not give upgrades as rewards, only one of the currencies they can be bought with. Heirlooms are not, have never and will never be mandatory. No matter how much you wish to complain about things.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    That is a stretch and you know it. Timewalking does not give upgrades as rewards, only one of the currencies they can be bought with. Heirlooms are not, have never and will never be mandatory. No matter how much you wish to complain about things.
    So, you try to say, that 30ilvls of difference are insignificant? I don't think so.

But I do timewalking not due to rewards only. For me good content - is combination of fun gameplay and useful rewards. And timewalking is exactly such content for me now.

P.S. Can anybody tell me, if weekly timewalking quests are one time per xpack only or they're repeatable?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

So, you try to say, that 30ilvls of difference are insignificant? I don't think so.
    That is nowhere near what I wrote. Don't bother trying to twist my words into something else.

That is nowhere near what I wrote. Don't bother trying to twist my words into something else.
    You've said they aren't mandatory. "Mandatory" is subjective, you know. Is content possible without extra 30ilvls? Yeah, still possible. But at the same time 30ilvls are significant difference. And it's felt immediately, when gear starts to fall behind without heirlooms. Something feels wrong, when it happens. My character is felt incomplete without them. It's not fun. And requirements to access content make them even more mandatory. Imagine, that ZM wouldn't have "free" 4 catch-up pieces? What would I do? Farm WQs in 150ilvl gear? WQs, that require 200? Nice.

Before DF I had almost all pieces for every slot for all classes with max level 45. Why? Because back in old times it was enough to have heirlooms till Cata. But at some point back in Legion I decided to level characters to do Class halls on them and decided to upgrade all heirlooms to 110. I spent around 200k gold on them back then. And have never bothered about upgrading them since then. Especially after they had been nerfed and things had been messed up by Chromie time. But now I've found way to upgrade at least minimum amount of them to level 60. This task is on a par with farming mounts from Isle Expeditions in later BFA patches for me. It's meditative content. It's fun and it provides useful rewards at the same time. Yeah, I would never grind several thousands of badges, if I would need to grind them at 5 per boss rate. But weekly quests are game changer. I'm in. And I'm almost done. Not sure, if I will grind upgrades for all possible heirlooms in my collection. Only if weekly quests are repeatable.

For what reason do I farm them, if all my characters are already 60? Well, not all. As Blizzard don't provide free race changes, I have to delete my old characters to level new ones. Another major problem - lack of good races in Horde. It's the same situation, as with new race-class combos. Should I wait for new races to be added to Horde or it will never happen? I don't want to delete all my characters again. I've already lost lots of significant historical progress due to it.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2023-04-12 at 05:18 AM.

You've said they aren't mandatory. "Mandatory" is subjective, you know.
    Not at all. Mandatory and Required means "must have, not possible to do without". All the things you mentioned are possible to do without heirlooms. Harder, yes. But possible.

And this is irrelevant to what I posted. You are as always trying to spin things to fit whatever argument you come up with whenever your previous one gets shot down.

Not at all. Mandatory and Required means "must have, not possible to do without". All the things you mentioned are possible to do without heirlooms. Harder, yes. But possible.

And this is irrelevant to what I posted. You are as always trying to spin things to fit whatever argument you come up with whenever your previous one gets shot down.
    It's almost as if he's only attempting to keep an argument going or something

Fact, that at the end they haven't been mandatory for my task - is accidental. If ZM wouldn't provide easy catch-up, I would need to farm lots of content to get that 172ilvl. And easy/hard is relative thing too. May be it's easy to grind irrelevant content for week(s) on one character. But it's hard to do it on every alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    It's almost as if he's only attempting to keep an argument going or something
    Yup, that's why the argument changes every time the previous one gets shot down.