Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Also worth pointing out that Watson is a runner who gets sacked a lot, had a major knee injury and severe off field problems and still got the deal he got.
    Because the Browns are the Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBigzo View Post
    Because the Browns are the Browns.
    As shitty as the move was with all the surrounding details I'm not even ready to write that off as a typical Browns move. We all saw how fast the Texans went from an annual playoff team to complete nothingness without the dude regardless what you think of him. From a pure winning perspective the Browns might of made the right move, and at the end of the day that's all the history books will care about. The deal will be decided by his play on the field if he gets the browns into contention the fact he is a piece of garbage will be swept under the rug as it has been with so many other star players.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    As shitty as the move was with all the surrounding details I'm not even ready to write that off as a typical Browns move. We all saw how fast the Texans went from an annual playoff team to complete nothingness without the dude regardless what you think of him. From a pure winning perspective the Browns might of made the right move, and at the end of the day that's all the history books will care about. The deal will be decided by his play on the field if he gets the browns into contention the fact he is a piece of garbage will be swept under the rug as it has been with so many other star players.
    The Texans finished with the same record in 2021 with Davis Mills as they did in 2020 with Watson and last season was about the same. They fell apart because Bill OBrien the GM was too terrible for them to keep Bill OBrien the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    The Texans finished with the same record in 2021 with Davis Mills as they did in 2020 with Watson and last season was about the same. They fell apart because Bill OBrien the GM was too terrible for them to keep Bill OBrien the coach.
    Yes the entire team sucked, but Watson was the reason they won any games at all in 2020. Comparing him to Mills is just plain bad when Watson threw for almost 5k yards with a 33 TD to 7 int ratio. Watson was a player the texans could build to win around and already did in the past, I wouldn't be too quick to judge off 6 games back from rust for the Browns. From a overall human being perspective the Browns made a bad move but I ain't ready to claim it's a bad move for winning football games. The jury still out on that one.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-04-03 at 11:56 PM.

I am liking the Falcons off season moves. Guess we shall see what happens in the draft!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I am liking the Falcons off season moves. Guess we shall see what happens in the draft!!
    The nfcs as we knew it is long gone. No Brees, no Ryan, no newton. Hard to imagine that division without Brady.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    The nfcs as we knew it is long gone. No Brees, no Ryan, no newton. Hard to imagine that division without Brady.
    It will be. I am surprised that Brady did not hang around long enough to be the 50-year-old playing in the NFL guy. Or at least beat George Blanda and be 49. Maybe Brady should have tried being a Kicker or Punter.

The signing of OBJ to the Ravens is one of the smartest moves in the situation that they are in

NEWSFLASH: Lamar & OBJ partying in a Miami FL nightclub last night

https://www.google.com/search?client...id:S9nrpiE9S_4

The Ravens just found Lamar a weapon in OBJ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo88 View Post
    The signing of OBJ to the Ravens is one of the smartest moves in the situation that they are in

NEWSFLASH: Lamar & OBJ partying in a Miami FL nightclub last night

https://www.google.com/search?client...id:S9nrpiE9S_4

The Ravens just found Lamar a weapon in OBJ
    Ravens just did what the Packers did for Rodgers: get him the receiver he personally wanted.

There's no telling if it will work or if it ends up the same way as the Packers, a messy divorce.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Ravens just did what the Packers did for Rodgers: get him the receiver he personally wanted.

There's no telling if it will work or if it ends up the same way as the Packers, a messy divorce.
    Tell me you’re not talking about Cobb
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Tell me you’re not talking about Cobb
    I was. But, it's not like this is a Rodgers or Lamar only thing. Almost every QB has gone to bat for a particular reciever to be kept or signed. Tom Brady made BOTH the Patriots and the Bucs waste money on signing Antonio Brown. At least the Bucs got a championship out of signing him, but for the Patriots it was just precious capspace wasted.

And the Patriots didn't hang on to Brady either despite signing his pet project WR, and I wouldn't call that divorce messy, but it wasn't an amicable breakup either.

So, in my opinion it's just a bad idea to just sign a receiver to please your QB. And maybe the Ravens didn't and truly think OBJ will be worth 15M in an attempt to win a Superbowl this season. Either reason as an option for what they did seems dumb though.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a one year deal, if it works it works, if not then no long-term commitment.
    /s

The Ravens have like 4 mil in cap space still even with the OBJ signing and rookie pool taken into account. Not like they could do much better with that money at this point, if the move works out they get a steal and if it doesn't it doesn't hurt them in the future since hes completely off the books after 1 year. If they actually get a real contract with Lamar done they would have even more cap space probably so I really don't know what else they could have spent it on.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the Commanders have a buyer by default, Bezos has pulled out leaving a group of some businessman and Magic Johnson as the only bid left standing.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Sounds like the Commanders have a buyer by default, Bezos has pulled out leaving a group of some businessman and Magic Johnson as the only bid left standing.
    Bezos was not one of the 6Bil bids

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Bezos was not one of the 6Bil bids
    Well, doesn't change the fact he was down to one bidding group.

And has now sold today to Josh Harris and others including Magic Johnson.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Well, doesn't change the fact he was down to one bidding group.

You really need to go read on this one. The sale is not signed and other groups can still come in and get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Harris is the owner of the 76'ers Philly basketball team. Guess I'm going to continue shitposting about the Commanders...

That Josh Harris group also bid on the Broncos but were beat out by Walmart. Kind of weird they would pay almost $1.5 billion more for the Commies than the Broncos sold for unless there are more people putting in more money this time. Not sure how they are worth that much more either.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    That Josh Harris group also bid on the Broncos but were beat out by Walmart. Kind of weird they would pay almost $1.5 billion more for the Commies than the Broncos sold for unless there are more people putting in more money this time. Not sure how they are worth that much more either.
    Forbes values the Commanders $1 billion over the Broncos FWIW.