Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    I literally linked you the game lore PoV basically.
    Again, the lore PoV applies specificially to the order of the Silver Hand. The rest are, lorewise, not Paladins. Tauren Sunwalkers are essentially Druids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Again, the lore PoV applies specificially to the order of the Silver Hand. The rest are, lorewise, not Paladins. Tauren Sunwalkers are essentially Druids.
    The Sunwalkers aren't Druids, the sheer fact that they are faced up with Paladins means that they have a unified claim in serving the Light, where the light is from, that is different from each race, the common denominator is that we don't know the complete face of the Light other than it is a vast power, and it reflects in belief views of that of An'she (Sun, aka, Light), or the Sunwell (A magical source of the Light), or a cave dweller believing in the Light - You are a Paladin if you can fuse yourself with the source of Light, and keep up to its beliefs and connections to uphold, you are a priest if you can just shimmy the light around.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Draenei literally are still Eredar they’re just a group who left Argus. Them being """touched by the light""" doesn’t matter or else Draenei wouldn’t have joined the cult of the damned and there wouldn’t be any Draenei shadow priests in lore.
    Saying that the Draenei aren’t Eredar is like saying Wildhammer aren’t dwarves lol.
    Draenai shadow priest makes sense in the lore because they are about Auchindoun and the naaru burried their, because the fact that Naaru is in Auchindoun makes the souls of the dead draenai drawn to this place, the draenai shadow priest have NOTHING to do with the Void, because prior to Legion the shadow priest was a PRIEST which mean a person who worship more darker deities and preforms darker rituals, the cult of the damned is about necromancy just same as the auchenai are also about necromancy, the shadow priest was also related to death prior to Legion, and warlocks are NOT necromancers nor do they are shadow priests, all the spec of the warlocks is about summoning demons...so you cant separate the warlocks from demons anymore (well done blizz)

Now one another thing is, that the cult of the damned draenai are EVIL and are not accepted by the draenai socity, and their socity revolve entirely around the Naaru and the belief of the Light, this is why they are now totally different from the eredar of old, they are physically the same but culturally not anymore.

Now if we take the man'ari into the mix, the man'ari are not even close to both eredars and draenai customs all together its like comparing the bronzebeards with the dark iron...

WoD still proves that Draenei can turn to the Fel if they want just like all of the current races. (Same thing applies for Mag’har warlocks)
    So you want to play outcasts that will be pushed aside of their factions and socity? Because draenai warlocks from wod are the Sargerei and as their name imply they worship Sargeras....

Racials don’t matter for classes, as Lightforged Death Knights still have their Lightforged racials despite it making zero sense.
    We know since wolk that if a person have a strong connection to the Light undeath does not cut off this connection, so no you are again saying things without knowing the lore, lf draenai having their racials makes sense, again you must make the difference between chosing to be and being forced ino being, the whole idea of the dk is that they are forced to be dk because of the Lich King.

Racials are an important part of a races flavor and theme, they are not just gameplay but lore too.

But either way Blizzard said they’re looking to expand all classes to all races (minus Evoker), and Eredar skins for Draenei is the best way to add Warlocks and possibly DHs to Draenei.
    And firstly i will believe it when i see it, and secondly it is a terrible TERRIBLE idea...but ok bring me my undead paladins lul.

The whole concept of a dwarf is to be a Bronzebeard but you have the shaman class & Wildhammer customizations.
    And it is why i find it cheap, lame, lazy and bad, and it lack flavors its exactly what i explained in my OP, like what is this, you are a bronzebearb and ho you put tatoo and ho great you are another clan now wow!!!! Also you miss understand a point here, dwarfs shamans were introduced in Cata, and it was explained that it was the wildhammer which taught it to the bronzebeard not that you could play actual wildhammer...

[QUOTE=Nightshade711;54091329]Draenei DK makes sense because Draenei aren’t lightforged. Hince the Draenei in the Cult of the Damned in Wotlk.

No they dont makes sense because only the Lich King can rise DK, it was said in the wolk intro quests, so now explain me at which point in time draenai died agaisnt the scourge? Since Draenai were not in Azeroth prior to tbc...and back in tbc the lich king was asleep, so no they dont make sense, go read the dam dk lore mate.

If we can play as a Darkfallen Druid/Paladin I don’t see why we couldn’t be a Draenei (Eredar) Warlock w/ Man’ari customizations. Especially because a third Draenei AR isn’t happening.
    I dont want rp customization i want an allied race, because it brings much more flavors, why do you use examples by the worst?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Nope you got it wrong again. It was explained in the book darkfallen are now the general name for undead elves including night elves. The reason paladin druids etc can use this, is because its suppose to give player that freedom to rp. Again, this is for your own intrepetation. This has been discussed endlessly since they came out. Paladins and druid darkfallen never made any sense for me either, but hey what can you do.

I already agreed with you they should have done a better job explaining it, but this is how it is. Sand troll is exactly the same thing. Sure I also dont like it and I have proposed the idea of adding tribe option in the costumization menu to atleast give these tribes something. In reality yes you are playing a colored darkspear troll. Same as how you play a high elf, while being a void elf or a wildhammer dwarf while playing a dwarf.

Headcanon and copium are buzzwords these days and sorry it doesnt make any sense here.
    I will be plein and simple here : i WONT abide cheap/lazy rp customizations, i want an allied races and i explained why in my OP, the fact you are happy with your ONE skin tone for your darkfallen (who are not san'lyen but darkfallen) then good for you, but myself i wont abide such cheap thing, specially when there is more than one skin tones for man'ari, there is like 6 of them i can think of, so no i wont abide ONE skin tone...be happy with your cheap customization if you want but dont bother me with it.

Quote Originally Posted by shane brannigan View Post
    remember that time a manari manipulated the orcs into genociding the draenei.
    Or the time they, or when they invaded the planet with the intention of destroying the world soul.
    Or that time one planned out the 3rd legion invasion destroying half of the eastern kingdoms.
    and they time one destroyed the world tree.

Literally no race in the game would like them, and their presence in a faction would be grounds for half the faction to leave.
    I could literally say the same for like....ALL the playable races actually sinces you always take ONE member of the man'ari to explain your bias, i can say one night elves queen caused the sundering, i could also say one orc made a pact with demons and caused invasion of draenor, i could also say that one human became the Lich King, etc etc etc...welcome in warceaft my friend.

I know, it was in connection to the OP's continue with it.I literally linked you the game lore PoV basically.

A Man'ari Paladin ain't no Paladin, you are closer to hit the mark by giving them Death Knight than Paladin, and even at that, you are going to screw over the lore. The Man'ari has already forsaken the majority of their beliefs to get to where they are, Light is one of them. And yes, they have Priests but the lore for Priests are NOT the same as lore for Paladins, completely different stages.
    No you gave me an old definition of the paladin which is now osbolete, the simple fact it talk about scourge is totally the way it is obsolete, how do you apply this to the zandalari paladins?

Man'ari paladins are paladins they use the Light, stop deny it, they use Light of fire just liek dark iron, thus they use the Light.

The Sunwalkers aren't Druids, the sheer fact that they are faced up with Paladins means that they have a unified claim in serving the Light, where the light is from, that is different from each race, the common denominator is that we don't know the complete face of the Light other than it is a vast power, and it reflects in belief views of that of An'she (Sun, aka, Light), or the Sunwell (A magical source of the Light), or a cave dweller believing in the Light - You are a Paladin if you can fuse yourself with the source of Light, and keep up to its beliefs and connections to uphold, you are a priest if you can just shimmy the light around.
    And the man'ari believe in the Light from the fire that purge flaws of creation! And the person above you is right, this is ONLY for silver hand paladins, you just refuse to aknowlodge that classes are limited and they cant reflect all of the flavors and theme that the culture of each race want to reflect, yes sunwalkers are close to druids, just like dark iron paladins are closer to shamans than paladins, you just dont even know the lore of each of these cults, all you do is read your "basic" wowpedia thing of paladin which date of 20y and you say "no this is not paladin"...

And btw, the tyrant is part of the Sargerei who have a complete mindset of beliefs that can summon the Light, you just refuse to see that they are a kind of more darker paladins, but they believe and use the Light, what you want more?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by shane brannigan View Post
    This would be like if we made that nazi's part of the UN.
    I got some news for you

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenei warlocks aren’t as stupid as a Lightforged Death Knight…
    Or a Void Elf holy priest…
    Or a Tauren Rogue…
    Or a Gnome Fury Warrior

Yet all of those exist.
    I'm gonna take exception to 2 of those...
    First, tauren rogues are just great. Full stop. Plus it's established in canon that rogue stealth is a magic ability, so ninja cows are a ridiculous, wonderful thing

And B, anyone doubting why gnomes get fury warriors clearly has never tried to wrestle an angry tantrum-throwing toddler into a car seat.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameonna View Post

I will be plein and simple here : i WONT abide cheap/lazy rp customizations, i want an allied races and i explained why in my OP, the fact you are happy with your ONE skin tone for your darkfallen (who are not san'lyen but darkfallen) then good for you, but myself i wont abide such cheap thing, specially when there is more than one skin tones for man'ari, there is like 6 of them i can think of, so no i wont abide ONE skin tone...be happy with your cheap customization if you want but dont bother me with it.
    Abide rly? Anyway.. I told you several times now I actually agree with you and also that I dont like it either, reading is hard.

I was the one who told you three times what darkfallen are and that you are not up to date about the novel and now you are trying to educate me what they are what they arent. You are literally making a fool out of yourself. You got the lore wrong, the reasons wrong and what they are wrong. Idk what else to tell you at this point.

Also, red, slightly red and semi dark red is still red. They have one skin color, its nothing more but a costumization option.

Move on.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-04-13 at 06:42 PM.

literally all victims of manari scheming. like 80% of all story threads tie back to eredar in some way.
    not to mention that the race are literal demons, portrayed as deriving pleasure from causing suffering in every interaction they have in game.

But, red dreanei dommy mommies would be in very high demand in goldshire.

I like the idea, 100%.

As for this:

Another issue are the racial, do you really imagine a man'ari use gift of the naaru to heal? That makes 0 sense, and myself i would just feel it as vibe killing....
    I'm thinking something like this for racials:

[Knowledge Is Power] (Passive) - your damage increases by 2% each time you receive spell damage, stacking up to a maximum of 10% extra damage (capped at 5% of your maximum health). Fades when out of combat.

[Zero Gravity] (Passive) - your jump height is increased by 25% and you can hold the jump button to hover in place for 5 seconds. Can move slowly while hovering but cannot jump again until you touch the ground.

[Magical Manifestation] (Passive) - Once every two minutes, you may cast a spell (or ability) for free.

[Demonic Essence] (Passive) - you can speak Demonic, see demons on your mini-map, and you receive 5% less damage from demons.

[Might of the Eredar] (Active) - you surge with demonic power, granting you 10% leech and you deal X (5% of your maximum health) shadow damage to all enemies within melee range every 2.5 seconds for 10 seconds. 3 Minute cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Abide rly? Anyway.. I told you several times now I actually agree with you and also that I dont like it either, reading is hard.

I was the one who told you three times what darkfallen are and that you are not up to date about the novel and now you are trying to educate me what they are what they arent. You are literally making a fool out of yourself. You got the lore wrong, the reasons wrong and what they are wrong. Idk what else to tell you at this point.
    What i meant, is that its written dark rangers, and while all dark rangers are darkfallen, not all san'lyen are dark rangers, do you get the drift here? Just like all man'ari are eredars, but not all eredars are man'ari.

And i did not notice you supported me, since the frist thing you said was that you were not in agreement with the OP ><

Also, red, slightly red and semi dark red is still red. They have one skin color, its nothing more but a costumization option.

Move on.
    Ho but i will educate you since you ask it so much by being so wrong about man'ari skin tones, if you think man'ari skin tones are only red tones then you are very uneducated about them and so let me show you 5 of these different skin tones :

Grey :

Blue/Green :

Dark Purple :

Black :

Red :

There is also different tones of red but also different tones of each of the colors i showed above, here i show you man'ari =/= just red draenai...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    I like the idea, 100%.

As for this:

I'm thinking something like this for racials:

[Knowledge Is Power] (Passive) - your damage increases by 2% each time you receive spell damage, stacking up to a maximum of 10% extra damage (capped at 5% of your maximum health). Fades when out of combat.

[Zero Gravity] (Passive) - your jump height is increased by 25% and you can hold the jump button to hover in place for 5 seconds. Can move slowly while hovering but cannot jump again until you touch the ground.

[Magical Manifestation] (Passive) - Once every two minutes, you may cast a spell (or ability) for free.

[Demonic Essence] (Passive) - you can speak Demonic, see demons on your mini-map, and you receive 5% less damage from demons.

[Might of the Eredar] (Active) - you surge with demonic power, granting you 10% leech and you deal X (5% of your maximum health) shadow damage to all enemies within melee range every 2.5 seconds for 10 seconds. 3 Minute cooldown.
    I did not take the time to think of any racials, but i must say the ones you brought are very interesting and cool!!! I love the idea of having demonic as one of their languages!!! This would make a lot of sense to me! I might put these on the OP if you allow!

You're confusing lore with game mechanics. And light and the Light are not the same thing. One is a source of illumination, the other is a cosmic force. The main star of the system Azeroth is part of is only a source of light.

And again, a Paladin in lore is not the same as a Paladin in game mechanics.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What i meant, is that its written dark rangers, and while all dark rangers are darkfallen, not all san'lyen are dark rangers, do you get the drift here? Just like all man'ari are eredars, but not all eredars are man'ari.
    As I have told you and effectively it is, but next to that. Its also that we have been told that the blood elf mages who are darkfallen were considered san layn. Hunters are dark rangers. That is what we know. Sadly we dont see this back in any other costumization options, which leaves us with the now famous"for your own intrepetation" bs.

You are a funny guy, these are still just skintones and since the majority of the thread was exactly about the red deanei I dont see the point in discussing this now. When you think about eredar/man'ari, everyone thinks of red, not grey, purple or blue.

I really dont think its nessacary to try to educate me with anything after I see you actually ignored my post before and agreed with some one else who said the same after me about darkfallen and then try to educate me what they are lol thats just very weird.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-04-14 at 11:15 AM.

I did not take the time to think of any racials, but i must say the ones you brought are very interesting and cool!!! I love the idea of having demonic as one of their languages!!! This would make a lot of sense to me! I might put these on the OP if you allow!
    I spent more time than I'd care to admit trying to balance them and make them interesting, lol.

But I would honestly take it as an honor. So go for it!

I would probably eliminate Paladin, Monk, and possibly Priest (since Eredar are firmly Fel-loyal, where Priests are aligned with Light and Void, which are both enemies to the Legion), but I do agree, Man'ari Eredar would make an excellent "Allied Race" candidate. Unlike the Lightforged (who should really only be added customization options), they would actually bring a new flavor to the setting. They have a long history with the Warcraft universe, and are different enough from the Draenei to be unique, without aping on the Draenei's identity.

I would make an Eredar Warlock in a heartbeat. I might even be inclined to actually start playing a Demon Hunter if they were an option, as well.

Now, whether they would be on the Horde or the Alliance, I actually think either option COULD work, provided the story was setup right.

The Story setup:

When the Draenei finally arrived back on Argus, some of the friends and family that were left behind, who sided with Sargeras because it was simply what everyone else was doing, they're suddenly hit with pangs of guilt. Not all who sided with the Burning Legion were necessarily hellbent on killing their brothers and sisters who fled Argus; they simply didn't have the courage to take a stand. They're just as corrupted by Fel magic as the more aggressive Man'ari (or maybe a few "grey" skintones, like Archimonde in WC3), but after seeing the Draenei return to Argus, and witnessing the fall of Sargeras, they are compelled to try and offer an olive branch.

Option A)

While Velen has some reservations, he is willing to give individual members of the Eredar a chance to earn redemption for themselves. He fights to earn them a place in the Alliance, and while it is extremely divisive, Turalyon agrees to give individuals a chance. In doing so, I would add some unique dialogue in certain cities (particular Draenei settlements) referencing their distrust of the Eredar. You could even build on that story with the Lightforged, who are so blinded by their faith in the Light, some of them have even been rumored to have attacked and killed or kidnapped some members of the Eredar.

Option B)

While Velen recognizes that perhaps their intentions might be sincere, at the end of the day, they stood by and merely watched as their brothers and sisters were slaughtered by the Burning Legion, simply for trying to flee from Argus all those millennia ago. It is a bridge too far for many of the Draenei, whose lives are very much defined by that betrayal. He wishes them well, however, and vows that the Draenei will not stand in the way of them trying to move forward as a people. The Eredar reach out to the Horde, and since their relationship with the Orcs are far less strained (they have a history, but the Orcs didn't slaughter *their* people), a few are allowed to join the Horde. However, they do so with extreme mistrust from the other races, and are so few in number, they wouldn't necessarily have a "voice" on the Horde Council (or whatever it's called).

I think either option would fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I would probably eliminate Paladin, Monk, and possibly Priest (since Eredar are firmly Fel-loyal, where Priests are aligned with Light and Void, which are both enemies to the Legion),
    Priests makes sense, there is actual man'ari priests that you can see in Legion like that one here : https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Lady_Calindris

You also have the famous : https://www.wowhead.com/search?q=Lady+Sacrolash#npcs

But actually they also summon voidwalker, and you have plenty of demons that use the Void, because they analyse it, they study and use the Void in order to better understand and fight it.

For the paladins, think dark iron paladins, i know its an hard sell but you have to think of Velhari and Sargerei.

I do agree, Man'ari Eredar would make an excellent "Allied Race" candidate. Unlike the Lightforged (who should really only be added customization options), they would actually bring a new flavor to the setting. They have a long history with the Warcraft universe, and are different enough from the Draenei to be unique, without aping on the Draenei's identity.
    Exactly, it is what lot of peoples (most of time ppl who just dont know much about man'ari) think, that they are just "red draenai" which is wrong, there is a looot more differences between the man'ari and draenai than between the draenai and the lf draenai, while lf draenai are just draenai who are "more Light infused" man'ari have different culture, different buildings, different belifs, differents skin tones all together, and their own flavor. To me putting the man'ari as just customizations would be a big waste. Its not like the high elves that while they are culturally somewhat different from blood elves just have few differences (eyes colors and tatoos) the man'ari are entierly different.

Now, whether they would be on the Horde or the Alliance, I actually think either option COULD work, provided the story was setup right.
    Thats the spirit! At the end of the day, everything is possible really, the point is to have it explained in the lore and its the devs who decide really, the goal here is to just give idease. I like yours actually!

As I have told you and effectively it is, but next to that. Its also that we have been told that the blood elf mages who are darkfallen were considered san layn. Hunters are dark rangers. That is what we know. Sadly we dont see this back in any other costumization options, which leaves us with the now famous"for your own intrepetation" bs.
    I think the problem is that the customization should have been called darkfallen and not dark rangers, this feels like blizz themselves dont know their own topic...and RP is rp, its just not canon thing to me the dark ranger customozation is just some scraps left for people who wanted san'lyen its litteral insult to me.

You are a funny guy, these are still just skintones and since the majority of the thread was exactly about the red deanei I dont see the point in discussing this now. When you think about eredar/man'ari, everyone thinks of red, not grey, purple or blue.
    What are you talking about when you say "it is ONLY about the "red draenai" and if ppl are uneducated to think "only red draenai" when they think man'ari it is not my concern, the very frist eredar we saw in the flesh was Archimonde and he was not red...its not my problem if you think they are only red (you maybe did not play tbc, wod, legion when you clearly see more than red ones, you even have eredars twins to prouve you wrong on that part.)

Like really, what are you talking about now when you say "the op is only about red draenai" i could have pout more than the red draenai look sure, but i did not want to flood with pictures...you are playing small head on purpose here i feel like.

And your arguement of "its just skin tones" can litteraly be used for any allied races so far except the vulperas, zandalari, and kul tirans, like for example with dark iron i could say the same, and even with NB i could say the same that they are just different skin tones of night elves with just tatoos...you just try to narrow them to just red draenai, its your problem not mine.

I really dont think its nessacary to try to educate me with anything after I see you actually ignored my post before and agreed with some one else who said the same after me about darkfallen and then try to educate me what they are lol thats just very weird.
    Mistakes were made, i dont think it is really worth to get angry at me just because i did not see what you said, i did not ignore you on purpose i can promiss you that, basically i just saw your "i dont agree with op" i instantly knew i had not much to read more, since the only fact that you compare the man'ari to darkfallen is already wrong since its like if blood elves were water dark ranger would be a drop of it, if eredar would be water, man'ari would be a bloc of ice, i dont know if you get what i mean. You sound like these peoples who dare tell me that man'ari to draenai are like felborn to nightborn...thats just not it.

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    I spent more time than I'd care to admit trying to balance them and make them interesting, lol.

But I would honestly take it as an honor. So go for it!
    Yeah, i am not very good at balancing things and also i am too scared and bit lazy to want to think too much of a way to make all of this fun and liked by people! I may update my OP soon to add your racials (i will update severals other things btw.)