Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    Today's episode is all the feels a fan of TNG could have ever wanted.
    Absolutely! Another fantastic episode. I defy any TNG fan not have a massive smile on their face at that ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Absolutely! Another fantastic episode. I defy any TNG fan not have a massive smile on their face at that ending.
    Agreed. Although I am baffled as to what their plan is.
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Sure, if you ignore literally everything else about the episode (and the series as a whole).

Troi: "Jack, I won't leave you no matter what!" Two minutes later, the bish is running away leaving her patient screaming and in terrible anguish.
    Crusher: "No one's heard from the Borg in over a decade!" Lady, did you even WATCH the last season? And where the hell are they during all of this shit anyway? Oh right, all previous seasons are ignored.

Nevermind that the story was practically stolen from Star Trek: Prodigy, and the ending from Battlestar Galactica's reboot.

But hey, a little fan service at the end makes it "another fantastic episode" apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady 87 View Post
    Sure, if you ignore literally everything else about the episode (and the series as a whole).

Troi: "Jack, I won't leave you no matter what!" Two minutes later, the bish is running away leaving her patient screaming and in terrible anguish.
    Crusher: "No one's heard from the Borg in over a decade!" Lady, did you even WATCH the last season? And where the hell are they during all of this shit anyway? Oh right, all previous seasons are ignored.

Nevermind that the story was practically stolen from Star Trek: Prodigy, and the ending from Battlestar Galactica's reboot.

But hey, a little fan service at the end makes it "another fantastic episode" apparently.
    I guess she's trying to forget about it like the rest of us!

Indeed a little bit of fan service done right can go a long way!

That is the biggest plot hole yet. What happened to Agnes Borg Queen? And the Borg/Federation alliance?
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    That is the biggest plot hole yet. What happened to Agnes Borg Queen? And the Borg/Federation alliance?
    Jurati didn't become the Borg Queen. She was a Borg Queen. Of a tiny group that apparently just hid away for ~400 years.

- - - Updated - - -

"Forget about all that weird shit on the Stargazer. The real Borg are still out there." - Shaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Jurati didn't become the Borg Queen. She was a Borg Queen. Of a tiny group that apparently just hid away for ~400 years.
    Borg is borg. There are no separate factions. That's kind of the whole point of the "Collective". The Borg aren't colonies of bees, each with a different Queen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Borg is borg. There are no separate factions. That's kind of the whole point of the "Collective". The Borg aren't colonies of bees, each with a different Queen.
    It's not like this would be the first Borg subfaction. Lore had his own little collective. There's been half a dozen in Voyager, at least. What's one more?

Conceptually, I agree with you. The whole point of the Borg is that they're a single, monolithic consciousness. But this isn't the first time that Trek writers have overlooked that for the sake of dramatic potency. Locutus himself was the first. Then Hugh. Then the entire concept of a Queen. The Borg kids. The Cooperative. One. Unimatrix Zero. And so on.

This.

The entire series could have been a two part season ender.

Why did the alien need to announce that whatever the ship is called is overtaken, she's in the collective.

How did the borg and dominion get together and not fight but think ' let's get the federation '

I hate exposition also, enterprise d lights up Picard - it's the enterprise d ... Really?

I've not been paying much attention to the series admittedly, it's been pretty bad, luckily SNW has another season

And anyone saying this is what star trek used to be, please watch them again, nothing like this

Agreed. Although I am baffled as to what their plan is.
    Yeah I’m not sure what their plan is with a decades out of date cobbled together ship versus a few dozen ships. I’m figuring on a power of
    Friendship (or fatherhood) ending.

I enjoyed the episode but it was a bit too fan service-y, even for me. Fan service bugs me when it steps beyond logic. I’m really curious what they’re going to do with the last episode, but I’m certainly along for the ride!

I do hope we get more of Seven. So much of this begs to get her involved with her history.

I am all for fan service, but I agree that too much is well...too much.

I was also quite surprised that the Borg are supposed to be the masterminds behind the whole thing. Like really? We've had closure with them in Star Trek 8, Voyager and literally last season (that seems to be retconned right away? Or will the time-altered borg come to aid in the final episode?), just let them rest. Generally I am also not a big fan of the Borg Queen narrative, as it made the initial idea of the Borg as a swarm collective significantly less terrifying by introducing the hierarchical idea that you can simply cut off the head to stop them. (or a part of them, as they don't seem to be an all embracing collective but some split up tribes).

They could have come up with other actually open ends from the series, that wasted potential is bothering me.

As for my predictions for the last episode: Big fight, until they are actually cornered and we hear the enemies give the command to fire on the Enterprise, cut, nobody is moving and everyone is freezing, switch to red eyed Jack, who just learned that he has the power to control all new federaton drones, and is turning them on the Borg vessels with a big suprised Borg Queen Pikachu face with a "you never controlled me" line. Mayve someone actually dies this time.

But perhaps I am wrong, would be a pleasant surprise.

The ending sequence in episode 9 last night was just such a joy, I was crying watching that. But the Borg and Borg queen being the big bad I'm not super excited about, it's kinda played out, and the whole notion of a "queen" within the Borg is silly, originally in TNG there was no mention of a queen, it was more scary that way, they only added the queen in the movie because "Hollywood" demanded it be in the film.

I was shocked that Captain Shaw died, thought he part of a future USS Titan series. And wonder if both Picard and Seven together being former Borg's will play a big role in saving everyone?

Hey Star Wars this is how you do classic legacy characters with the old original actors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I am all for fan service, but I agree that too much is well...too much.

I was also quite surprised that the Borg are supposed to be the masterminds behind the whole thing. Like really? We've had closure with them in Star Trek 8, Voyager and literally last season (that seems to be retconned right away? Or will the time-altered borg come to aid in the final episode?), just let them rest. Generally I am also not a big fan of the Borg Queen narrative, as it made the initial idea of the Borg as a swarm collective significantly less terrifying by introducing the hierarchical idea that you can simply cut off the head to stop them. (or a part of them, as they don't seem to be an all embracing collective but some split up tribes).

They could have come up with other actually open ends from the series, that wasted potential is bothering me.

As for my predictions for the last episode: Big fight, until they are actually cornered and we hear the enemies give the command to fire on the Enterprise, cut, nobody is moving and everyone is freezing, switch to red eyed Jack, who just learned that he has the power to control all new federaton drones, and is turning them on the Borg vessels with a big suprised Borg Queen Pikachu face with a "you never controlled me" line. Mayve someone actually dies this time.

But perhaps I am wrong, would be a pleasant surprise.

I think you nailed how episode 10 will go.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2023-04-14 at 05:41 PM.

omg this season was such a blast. the sinister and horrifying borg are back babyyy, and the best of queens is still kicking, Alice Krige imho will always be the best
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Terry Matalas is giving some hints on Twitter of what we can expect from the last episode and he addresses the Borg issue from the second season;

"That was an alternate faction of the Borg from an alt timeline. History was not rewritten. The Real Borg were still in the Delta Quadrant after poisoned by Janeway. Agnes Nice Borg are distracted guarding a trans warp conduit across the galaxy. Shaw explains this in 304."

Personally I prefer to pretend that season 2 (and 1 for that matter) never happened!

I can't wait for the finale!

5+ Year Old Account
    Seeing the Enterprise D again was great.

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    If someone stopped watching Picard because it wasn't what they wanted and they haven't watched season 3 ... they are totally missing out on what they wanted from the show. Today's episode is all the feels a fan of TNG could have ever wanted.
    So chakotay and 7 are back to being married and h'jeb is alive, the characters I loved have not been fucked over? Woop time to watch season 3...

- - - Updated - - -

Stuff like this is why bring back old shows with the actors is a pain, due to 'scheduling' andr real life crap you cannot write a proper story as characters that should be present cannot be for various reasons so you get some random bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Stuff like this is why bring back old shows with the actors is a pain, due to 'scheduling' andr real life crap you cannot write a proper story as characters that should be present cannot be for various reasons so you get some random bullshit.
    That had nothing to do with anything. Literally the only character who didn't return in anything I mentioned was Agnes, who has literally only been in Star Trek via this series.

The problems are 1) Troi is a fucking shit counsellor who literally betrayed her oaths and did immeasurable harm to Jack; 2) Crusher babbling about how no one has heard from the Borg in over a decade despite them being in every fucking series of the show, nevermind playing a prominent role in the last season; and 3) the writers constantly pulling utter bullshit out of their arses in the last two episodes then promptly ignoring everything about them from that point forward.

Sure, Shaw mentioned the "weirdness on the Stargazer." So fucking what? That's as stupid as "somehow, Palpatine returned!" What about he giant space Cthulhu-Coochie that wants to destroy the universe? WTF were the Borg and Starfleet, which was the only god damned fucking reason for Agnes-Queen wanting to join the god damned fucking Federation worried about from the wormhole at the end of the last season? You know, so fucking worried that now Starfleet was all "nah, fuck you Borg, we're going to go pretend to be the Borg ourselves (despite Shelby apparently being in charge of everything, which was so fucking stupid even the CHARACTERS are like "well that's fucking stupid"), abandon you and your stupid wormhole, and just have Shaw write you off with a one-liner."

The actors are fine. Scheduling doesn't factor into anything. It's an absolutely dank showrunner and writing staff that's the problem. The show is shit, but they throw some fan service here and there and people are all "omg best show ever."

It's ridiculous.

None of Vox made any sense

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    So chakotay and 7 are back to being married and h'jeb is alive, the characters I loved have not been fucked over? Woop time to watch season 3...

- - - Updated - - -

what? because Marina lives in London, they have to .......what?! o.0
    the rikers have had a great story in this season
    Last edited by Kellorion; 2023-04-16 at 05:19 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    None of Vox made any sense

- - - Updated - - -

what? because Marina lives in London, they have to .......what?! o.0
    the rikers have had a great story in this season
    No not the ones that are in the show all the ones that are not, like 'if this was real' you could/should see dozens of more characters, while its constrained to a relatively small cast dues to real life erm realities of passing time.

-Why isnt Seven in the Medlab when all the Borg DNA stuff is being talked about
    -Why isnt Shaw making any calls on his own ship anymore
    -why werent Raffi, Shaw, Seven brought into the meeting with the rest, i get the first time in 20+ years, but the other have value/experience, and 2 of them are the command staff of the Titan-A
    -why not talk to Jack, consul him, then lock him in a room behind a force field that takes 20 codes to deactivate
    -why not hail starfleet/shelby from light years away, are comms down?
    -why not look for help from DS9, Bajor, the Klingons, trill/vulcan/betazed, the few romulans who like ya before heading into a 200 vs 1 fight TWICE
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs