Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    pokemon started as a video game in japan. everything after is due to marketing and based off of that video game.

cod, zelda, and FF cannot all be lumped into action games, they are completely different genres tartegeted for specific audiences. like pokemon is. hell ill just lump all of tetris and pokemon together for the hell of it cause it requires you to think before your actions..... zelda and FF combined dont even come close to pokemon. call of duty is 40 million copies sold behind them(facts). to say call of duty is a greater producing IP as one said is a blatant lie. sorry to burst your bubble but pokemon is a turn based rpg that generates far more revnue than all the games you mentioned (facts). it is the number one producing franchise (facts). and no one is even close to catching them. consistently breaking 15 million copies sold. https://www.statista.com/statistics/...les-worldwide/ 46 million copies sold on switch....90 million copies sold on gamboy, 90 million sold on duel screen in no reality does this say that market is dead. and it was all done exclusively. without any other system or competitor selling the game. call of duty needing 3 systems and the PC sales to come close to a game owned by nintendo and still cant outproduce it is funny.....

total revenue lifetime generated pokemon has earned 3 times as much as mario has generated. and has generated more revenue than the next 5 franchises combined after mario.....https://www.thegamer.com/pokemon-fra...ses%20combined.
    "Pokémon sales across all platforms have reached $90 billion worldwide. This figure is that much more astonishing considering that it surpasses the combined lifetime sales of the entire Super Mario, Call of Duty, Wii Games, Pac-Man and Space Invaders franchises" pokemon go in 2019 generated nearly 1.4 billion dollars and it was 3 years old at the time.

over 90% of this video game franchises games are turn based.... Hell, even Pokemon is slowly turning into an action oriented game. nah they arent, on the most recent pokemon game for the switch i can go into a battle and set my controller down and walk away for hours and come back and nothing has happened cause i havent made the move on my turn yet. the absolute definition of a turn based game. the market for it as i said is far from dead. a sandbox open world survival adventure game (not an action based game) is the most popular and played game in the world as of right now.....
    Ok, this is the last post on this tangent because it is off topic and not about FF16. The Pokemon card game and other merchandise that isn't the video games makes of the VAST majority of the sales of Pokemon. I am not counting that because, and hear me out, IT IS NOT A VIDEO GAME.

I AM COMPARING THE VIDEO GAME SALES, NOT ENTIRE MEDIA FRANCHISE SALES. If it is part of the video game series, it is included. If it is not part of the video game series, it is not included.

That is why I included that link as it is a better figure. I also included CoD, Zelda and other games as they are ACTION ORIENTED GAMES. CoD is a shooter, pure twitch based first person shooter ACTION game. Zelda is an ACTION RPG. GTA is also an ACTION ORIENTED game. Same with Mario, which IS the highest selling video game franchise ever, by nearly double that of anything else. Not highest grossing media franchise. Highest SELLING, per unit(over 830 million copies).

Yes, they are targeting different demographics but they all have one basic thing in common. They require constant input to keep playing to not lose. While you can pause the games, unlike a TURN BASED GAME, outside of a pause menu, the games do not stop what their doing and you can be defeated outright without having to use any input UNLESS you put yourself in a location where the enemy cannot find you.

When it comes to Pokemon, everything outside of the card game, only comes to around $30 billion, at the highest estimate. This removes the movie and other related things, the card game and other things that are not VIDEO GAMES. Call of Duty has around 400 MILLION copies sold, according to the link I provided of the HIGHEST VIDEO GAME FRANCHISES ever. That puts it 40 million copies behind Pokemon. Mario is over 830 million copies.

On topic though, FF games are part of both camps as they are both turned based AND action based. While they are turn based in the sense that you cannot lose until you actively go out and find an enemy, once you are in battle and unless you are playing the earliest games, it turns into an action based game(it has been this way since FF4) and can actively lose without having to input anything as the enemy can keep using actions outright without the player needing to complete a turn.

Anyway, I am done being off topic about this and will not continue on with this discussion as it isn't part of FF16 or related subjects.
    Last edited by gondrin; 2023-04-16 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Ok, this is the last post on this tangent because it is off topic and not about FF16. The Pokemon card game and other merchandise that isn't the video games makes of the VAST majority of the sales of Pokemon. I am not counting that because, and hear me out, IT IS NOT A VIDEO GAME.

I AM COMPARING THE VIDEO GAME SALES, NOT ENTIRE MEDIA FRANCHISE SALES. If it is part of the video game series, it is included. If it is not part of the video game series, it is not included.

That is why I included that link as it is a better figure. I also included CoD, Zelda and other games as they are ACTION ORIENTED GAMES. CoD is a shooter, pure twitch based first person shooter ACTION game. Zelda is an ACTION RPG. GTA is also an ACTION ORIENTED game. Same with Mario, which IS the highest selling video game franchise ever, by nearly double that of anything else. Not highest grossing media franchise. Highest SELLING, per unit(over 830 million copies).

Yes, they are targeting different demographics but they all have one basic thing in common. They require constant input to keep playing to not lose. While you can pause the games, unlike a TURN BASED GAME, outside of a pause menu, the games do not stop what their doing and you can be defeated outright without having to use any input UNLESS you put yourself in a location where the enemy cannot find you.

When it comes to Pokemon, everything outside of the card game, only comes to around $30 billion, at the highest estimate. This removes the movie and other related things, the card game and other things that are not VIDEO GAMES. Call of Duty has around 400 MILLION copies sold, according to the link I provided of the HIGHEST VIDEO GAME FRANCHISES ever. That puts it 40 million copies behind Pokemon. Mario is over 830 million copies.

On topic though, FF games are part of both camps as they are both turned based AND action based. While they are turn based in the sense that you cannot lose until you actively go out and find an enemy, once you are in battle and unless you are playing the earliest games, it turns into an action based game(it has been this way since FF4) and can actively lose without having to input anything as the enemy can keep using actions outright without the player needing to complete a turn.

Anyway, I am done being off topic about this and will not continue on with this discussion as it isn't part of FF16 or related subjects.
    just one game called pokemon go a turn based rpg mobile video game has generate 30% of the revenue of all 42 Call of Duty games combined......

but yeah the market for turn based games is dead......
    Last edited by craigw; 2023-04-16 at 01:54 PM.

I've just watched the state of play video and it feels more and more like this game will just be another kingdom hearts 3 without the disney vibe. If I had a ps5 I would be willing to try the game and find out but I guess I would let someone else this job.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I've just watched the state of play video and it feels more and more like this game will just be another kingdom hearts 3 without the disney vibe. If I had a ps5 I would be willing to try the game and find out but I guess I would let someone else this job.
    How to tell someone doesn't know anything about Kingdom Hearts in one short simple post. This game is nothing like Kingdom Hearts...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

just one game called pokemon go a turn based rpg mobile video game has generate 30% of the revenue of all 42 Call of Duty games combined......

but yeah the market for turn based games is dead......
    According to your link, Pokemon Go was $6 billion. CoD is $31 billion. Try again.

I also never said turn based games are dead. Only stated that action based games were far more popular. That is why FF16 is going that route is that is where the popularity is at in gaming.

pokemon go a turn based
    Pokemon Go turn based...

My dude hasn't even played Pokemon Go lmao. Mindlessly mashing my screen combat, amazing turn based shit right there.

Anyways, CoD Mobile has out grossed Pokemon Go in every year since it's release so that goal post shift was stupid to begin with. Just stop with your asinine, completely false points talking about things you have no clue about. My dude really thought Pokemon Go was turn based.

By the way there is a final fantasy game that is somewhat turn based(ATB which FF fans like to say is turn based for 4-9 anyways) and also somewhat pokemon with a monster capture and training system. Its called XIII-2. Square Enix already made that game for you, you can play it on 360, Xbox One, Series, PC or PS3 can't be that hard for you to find if that's the game you want homie.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-04-16 at 09:29 PM.

"we talking mainstream yet?" and other bad takes
    Pokemon is a very bad comparison...it has a very specific formula that a Final Fantasy game would not be able to reproduce. It's a strategy game at heart with an easy to understand rock/paper/scissors system. The combat isn't the draw, either (except for the hardcore crowd) but rather being able to capture cute and/or cool looking monsters.

This argument is ultimately pointless, though. Final Fantasy isn't going back to turn-based so you're the one that needs to move on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Pokemon Go turn based...

My dude hasn't even played Pokemon Go lmao. Mindlessly mashing my screen combat, amazing turn based shit right there.

Anyways, CoD Mobile has out grossed Pokemon Go in every year since it's release so that goal post shift was stupid to begin with. Just stop with your asinine, completely false points talking about things you have no clue about. My dude really thought Pokemon Go was turn based.

By the way there is a final fantasy game that is somewhat turn based(ATB which FF fans like to say is turn based for 4-9 anyways) and also somewhat pokemon with a monster capture and training system. Its called XIII-2. Square Enix already made that game for you, you can play it on 360, Xbox One, Series, PC or PS3 can't be that hard for you to find if that's the game you want homie.
    Just don't try and follow the story though. Not worth it in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    How to tell someone doesn't know anything about Kingdom Hearts in one short simple post. This game is nothing like Kingdom Hearts...
    The amount of times I've seen people compare KH, FF15 and now FF16... When they play nothing like each other. I'm sure Versus XIII would've, but not FF15.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    The amount of times I've seen people compare KH, FF15 and now FF16... When they play nothing like each other. I'm sure Versus XIII would've, but not FF15.
    FFXV absolutely plays like KH, just some absolute dog shit bare bones KH with 0 relevant mechanics. XV replaced mashing with holding to make it seem like it wasn't a cheap knock off but that's basically what it was, and hilariously bad since most of the tools you had never needed to be used in the first place.

XVI is in no way comparable to either.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-04-16 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    absolute dog shit bare bones KH with 0 relevant mechanics
    That just sounds like all of at least the main KH games (not familiar with the countless games outside of the main series)

Some small issues aside (mainly with regards to facial animation, and then just the one Jill scene), this looks very promising. Sadly, I don't own a PS5 and I will never buy a console for one game, so I'll have to wait until the PC port.

It looks to have the makings of a great game, however. Apparently, it already went gold a little while ago, too? So there don't seem to be development issues and they appear to be confident in its state. I like the music, too. Clive and Cid both seem pretty charismatic (with what little we have to go off)

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    That just sounds like all of at least the main KH games (not familiar with the countless games outside of the main series)
    I'm not even the biggest fan of KH gameplay but this is false, especially for KH2.

XV straight copied the action and menu based combat from KH and made it so you just hold down triangle and things die. No KH game is anywhere near that terrible in the gameplay department. They forgot to make enemies anything but target dummies when designing the combat.

Found the "Beginner" KH player.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Have you seen any of the gameplay? It looks nothing like what you're describing.
    Even my big fear (which was that Eikon battles were all just one big spectacle with QTE prompts and maybe 2 buttons to press like in the Garuda fight) was allayed when they showed Ifrit-Clive going DMC on Titan and Typhon's asses. Neat.

Another post showing how someone doesn't know anything about KH's Gameplay.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Another post showing how someone doesn't know anything about KH's Gameplay.
    I've played both of the first two games after being told how it "totally has great gameplay bro you should play it" and then "actually it gets good in KH2 bro I swear" and then KH2 in critical because "nah it's actually totally different and good in critical bro" and I can safely say that KH's gameplay at its best is about as good as its story. And enough has been said about the latter

I've played both of the first two games after being told how it "totally has great gameplay bro you should play it" and then "actually it gets good in KH2 bro I swear" and then KH2 in critical because "nah it's actually totally different and good in critical bro" and I can safely say that KH's gameplay at its best is about as good as its story. And enough has been said about the latter
    A very edgy opinion, thank you sir.

I've played both of the first two games
    I bet you have....

Demo is playable, and... WELL, WELL, WELL.

I did not expect this from a FF game. Saying "fuck" and "cock" and "ass" and full-on diving into a lady's boobs. Guess the design team was ordered to watch Game of Thrones.

It's hard to say how the story will turn out in the long run, and whether it can rise above generic fantasy stuff with something genuinely interesting. If I'm getting it, it'll be on PC anyway so I still have a lot of time to decide, I guess.