Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    In general, the Caverns of Time would be ideal for just that kind of content since you can keep updating your Torg-lookalike with different biomes, reusing the nearly two decades worth of assets with each step.
    The good thing with Caverns of Time is we already have a portal to it from the capitals, it already features plenty of events and it also was a fairly ambitious area for Vanilla that was fairly poorly executed. A modern version of the Caverns of Time would host all the dungeon and raid portals, the anniversary event, could have all the timewalking vendors plus this new game mode. And yeah it could use areas and mobs from every expac ever. We could come up with dozens of interesting scenarios for which we'd already have the area and the relevant mobs in game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    He is not a Boss in the new Raid and killing him in a minor patch seems unlikely... So how do you think he gets killed?
    I know all villains in WoW have been dying in raids so far but . . . why? We know 10.1.7 will have storyline advancement. Why not make the story be about killing Fyrakk?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The good thing with Caverns of Time is we already have a portal to it from the capitals, it already features plenty of events and it also was a fairly ambitious area for Vanilla that was fairly poorly executed. A modern version of the Caverns of Time would host all the dungeon and raid portals, the anniversary event, could have all the timewalking vendors plus this new game mode. And yeah it could use areas and mobs from every expac ever. We could come up with dozens of interesting scenarios for which we'd already have the area and the relevant mobs in game.

- - - Updated - - -

I know all villains in WoW have been dying in raids so far but . . . why? We know 10.1.7 will have storyline advancement. Why not make the story be about killing Fyrakk?
    It is possible, I just don't see yet what it is about. Likely something that leads into 10.2 so... something emerald dream related... which could be burning Nordrassil or something related to the Green Dragon Flight subzone on the Dragon Isle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    While I wouldn't put it past Blizzard, narratively (and in entertainment value) an empowered Fyrakk being killed off in a side quest before the Incarnates achieve anything off of him would put us back at 10.1's status quo, but short a villain and it'd kill what tension there is. In turn, his unempowered sister got an end fight so anything short of an instance would be a letdown.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    While I wouldn't put it past Blizzard, narratively (and in entertainment value) an empowered Fyrakk being killed off in a side quest before the Incarnates achieve anything off of him would put us back at 10.1's status quo, but short a villain and it'd kill what tension there is. In turn, his unempowered sister got an end fight so anything short of an instance would be a letdown.
    Maybe the Aspects get off their ass? If they all come together they should be able to take him down. We also don't know how the 10.1 storyline ends; the last steps were locked behind killing Sarkareth right?
    Alternatively it could be a Mage Tower-style scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Fyrakk continues to be one of the more entertaining villains thus far. Getting a little more accustomed to Vyranoth with her extremism more on display, though.
    Absolutely! I love that writers, at least to that point, didn't try to make him outsmart everyone who stands in his way, but rather gave him a vibe of an 'unstoppable force' with an arrogant, reckless and venegeful attitude - somewhat in the lines of a 'younger brother' archetype. Also, the voice actor does such a great job to portray these attributes.
    Suddenly, after years of failed character development, there's something interesting that makes me want to explore more. It's not the peak of writing, of course, but still a massive improvement.

Spoilers

10.1.5 - Vakthros Tower megadungeon, Vyranoth, Bronze Dragonflight
    10.2.0 - Return to the Emerald Dream raid, Iridikron, Green Dragonflight
    10.2.5 - Dragon Isles focused storyline
    10.3.0 - Temporal Conflux raid, Galakrond, Bronze Dragonflight, we learn the Primalists were right
    10.3.5 - Epilogue -- Infinite Dragonflight, Chromie
    Prepatch - Titans invade Azeroth, turning people into stone automatons to ‘restore order’
    11.0.0 - We go to Avaloren to learn how to defeat the Titans, humans, dwarves, offshoot high elves are there, they worship a different pantheon of greater elemental lords. Humans worship the wind elemental, dwarves the earth elemental, elves the fire elemental, a new race the water elemental.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I doubt the Titan agenda is all in malicious. Unless they do more on that..gauntlet that Neltharion had right before he gave in to the Old Gods.
    Likely less malicious, more oblivious. They're no intentionally harming anybody, they just can't concieve of people disagreeing with them or the idea of things being misused.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWExpansion11 View Post
    Spoilers

10.1.5 - Vakthros Tower megadungeon, Vyranoth, Bronze Dragonflight
    10.2.0 - Return to the Emerald Dream raid, Iridikron, Green Dragonflight
    10.2.5 - Dragon Isles focused storyline
    10.3.0 - Temporal Conflux raid, Galakrond, Bronze Dragonflight, we learn the Primalists were right
    10.3.5 - Epilogue -- Infinite Dragonflight, Chromie
    Prepatch - Titans invade Azeroth, turning people into stone automatons to ‘restore order’
    11.0.0 - We go to Avaloren to learn how to defeat the Titans, humans, dwarves, offshoot high elves are there, they worship a different pantheon of greater elemental lords. Humans worship the wind elemental, dwarves the earth elemental, elves the fire elemental, a new race the water elemental.
    We are just in an heavy elemental based expansion, seems a bit unlikely that they feature that so heavily in the next expansion.
    Also if Avaloren is west of Azeroth they elves there would be probably Night Elfs.

I recently replayed Twilight Highlands quests, and seeing new cinematic it's amazing how the cinematics technology went forward. Comparing new one to the one where Alex and Deathwing fight in Vermillion Redoubt... crazy comparision, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    I recently replayed Twilight Highlands quests, and seeing new cinematic it's amazing how the cinematics technology went forward. Comparing new one to the one where Alex and Deathwing fight in Vermillion Redoubt... crazy comparision, really.
    Since the end of MoP they've been doing some amazing ingame cinematics. But these have not gained greatly in value since that time. Take a look at the WoD cinematics, they are already of great quality.

But what they've truly improved in a meaningful way is their tool to develop realtime in engine cinematic with your character, probably by using motion capture technology. We've had a few of these in shadowlands where you can see the face of the character express lots of emotions and in dragonflight you can see it's been utilized a lot more

We are just in an heavy elemental based expansion, seems a bit unlikely that they feature that so heavily in the next expansion.
    Also if Avaloren is west of Azeroth they elves there would be probably Night Elfs.
    Pretty clear whoever wrote that has only superficial knowledge of WarCraft anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Fyrrak is probably dead by 10.2 so they don't have big fire one anymore to burn stuff down.

More likely they freeze Nordrassil or possibly even the new tree. Or both, because Blizz likes to stomp on Night Elves
    Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened so they start to develop Elune's story and reveal her physical form, as she comes with the ultimate rescue.
    Fyrakk is ignorant, so he will fall for some simple trap I guess or will get owned by the Shadowflame itself, as it will tear him apart.
    Vyranoth will fall with the help of Elune and all the Green Dragonflight + NE combo (maybe Ardenweald will get involved).
    Iridikron will be the ultimate threat of the expansion with Bronze Dragonflight storyline as the lead up to his defeat (with a help of Tyr or something) - but not before he messes up some things though, probably twisting the timelines.

That's how I envision that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened so they start to develop Elune's story and reveal her physical form, as she comes with the ultimate rescue.
    Fyrakk is ignorant, so he will fall for some simple trap I guess or will get owned by the Shadowflame itself, as it will tear him apart.
    Vyranoth will fall with the help of Elune and all the Green Dragonflight + NE combo (maybe Ardenweald will get involved).
    Iridikron will be the ultimate threat of the expansion with Bronze Dragonflight storyline as the lead up to his defeat (with a help of Tyr or something) - but not before he messes up some things though, probably twisting the timelines.

That's how I envision that.
    I could see that we get Fyrakk & Vyranoth in a combo...
    Maybe the emerald dream gets frozen and Fyrakk burns Nordrassil on Azeroth (maybe Kamikaze style and he dies).
    It would be kind of cool if Emerald Dream and the normal version of revamp with out traveling inbetween (via portals) in the zone.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the end we end up working with the primalists/incarnates and fight against another "bigger" threat like the void...

Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if in the end we end up working with the primalists/incarnates and fight against another "bigger" threat like the void...
    I doubt that, they killed for fun and jokes and already did too much bad stuff.

Winter Queen is definitely going to show up if the person attacking the dream is another winter-themed magic woman.

The seed got the blessing of the Winter Queen, maybe it will get Elunes blessing as well. (Instead of dragon blessings in the past for Nordrassil/Teldrassil)

I would find it interesting if the whole Fyrakk thing is actually going to come back and bite them in the ass.
    They seem to be using him here as mostly a distraction, by turning him into a shadowflame battery (which was not healthy for anyone who ever came into contact with it). Both Iridikron and Vyranoth seem to be aware of it.
    But we have a pretty long history of the Void not playing by the rules of someone else. Fyrakk is growing more powerful by consuming Void, which "sees all possibilities". So what if hes sees that they have just been using him, and goes absolutely ballistic on them, intead of us like they planned. Iridikron was said to be the strongest so far, but that may not be so accurate anymore when Fyrakk is finished slurping up Neltharions super-special-magic-void-lava. Would be a fun twist if he starst actually being a big problem for them, instead of being the typical "manipulated pawn, who is shocked when he finds out and then dies to us a moment later".

I may be a bit biased tho, bc i think Fyrakk is by far the most entertaining character out of the 3, and dont want him to just end up as the manipulated idiot of the group who dies first and is never mentioned again. Would be a waste of the character imho (but considering thats pretty mucht the motto of the WoW story...shouldnt expect much)
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

I doubt that, they killed for fun and jokes and already did too much bad stuff.
    WoD and BfA both ended this way despite so much bad stuff having been perpetrated by some people. They aren't examples of good writing but they remain examples of what we can expect of warcraft's writing

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    WoD and BfA both ended this way despite so much bad stuff having been perpetrated by some people. They aren't examples of good writing but they remain examples of what we can expect of warcraft's writing
    And both are special cases but here we just have some bad guys that were just invented for this expansion.