Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by liyroot View Post
    People who like sharing don't really like MMOS. You don't want to interact with other players. You just want to get your "loot/rewards" as expediently as possible. Imaging the Opening of Ahn-Qiraj with sharding. Just right clicking mobs in an empty map and get your loot. The game would just be a faming simulator. And thats exactly what you guys want it seems.
    This is so true and it's sad to see how many on here are like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    cause it was still coming down from it's peak at the end of wrath/beginning of cata. As far as stable, define stable as I remember many "world server down" issues.
    MoP was far from it's peak, end of WOTLK. Cata damaged the game and MoP had a horrible reputation yet the game was stable around 8M players for a whole year. It showed how good it still was. The core of the game ended after MoP and we got 2.0 WoW since then which been on massive spiral downwards faster then ever.

I blame sharding for many of it's issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    40 man raids on the capitals (which I did) would crash entire servers and lag out everyone in the capital.

Again you even saying that you never lagged out orcservers did not have stability issues is plain BS.
    Did you even play the game at all? 40 man raids was SOOOO common back in the days and no you would not lag out, you are clearly lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    MoP was far from it's peak, end of WOTLK. Cata damaged the game and MoP had a horrible reputation yet the game was stable around 8M players for a whole year. It showed how good it still was. The core of the game ended after MoP and we got 2.0 WoW since then which been on massive spiral downwards faster then ever.

I blame sharding for many of it's issues.
    So you are now gonna claim the the playerbase wasn't decreasing from the end of wrath/begining of cata? did you NOT read what I said?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you are now gonna claim the the playerbase wasn't decreasing from the end of wrath/begining of cata? did you NOT read what I said?
    No i said it's true but that MoP is far a bit away from WoW's height. end of MoP was 4 years in between peak of WOTLK.
    MoP still showned signs of a MMORPG aspect, WoD and beyond did not.

WoW is basically a singleplayer game at this point with instances that pulls you into a small MMO aspect. the whole idea of open world is gone due sharding, warmode, etc etc.

This is so true and it's sad to see how many on here are like that.
    That's why on this thread there are half a dozen "raiders" complaining about server lag even though they spend 90% of their in-game time in an instance. It's because the only remaining players are loot-addicts who just need to see mobs die as fast as possible so they can get their roulette roll and dopamine hit in. Even a second delay on that must be extremely frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why on this thread there are half a dozen "raiders" complaining about server lag even though they spend 90% of their in-game time in an instance. It's because the only remaining players are loot-addicts who just need to see mobs die as fast as possible so they can get their roulette roll and dopamine hit in. Even a second delay on that must be extremely frustrating.
    Yep, full focus on convenience and not actual immersion and MMORPG experience.
    Thing is we are the minoritiy on this website and what ever we say, we are seen as the outcasts.

80% of the playerbase is gone and that somehow has nothing to do with any of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    No i said it's true but that MoP is far a bit away from WoW's height. end of MoP was 4 years in between peak of WOTLK.
    MoP still showned signs of a MMORPG aspect, WoD and beyond did not.

WoW is basically a singleplayer game at this point with instances that pulls you into a small MMO aspect. the whole idea of open world is gone due sharding, warmode, etc etc.
    And MoP was bleeding subs just as fast as the 2 before it.

You are the one that brought sub count into this
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

And yet people on this site crow on about Mist being their favorite expac all the time. Guess lagging wasn't that bad eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet people on this site crow on about Mist being their favorite expac all the time. Guess lagging wasn't that bad eh?
    You are conflating arguments here. No one here is argueing that people quit because of lag. We are countering his argument that there was 0 lag during these activities that he claimed didn't have any lag.

I personally think MoP was one of the top 3 expansions.

10+ Year Old Account

4 quarters straight it was stable, this was the only expansion after WOTLK that managed to do this.
    Once WoD hit, the amount of subs that went downhill was massive. the whole progress MoP managed to keep was gone within 2 quarters of WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

You are conflating arguments here. No one here is argueing that people quit because of lag. We are countering his argument that there was 0 lag during these activities that he claimed didn't have any lag.

Dude there was obvious lag, but not as bad any of you make it out to be, you guys act like the game was unplayable which was FAAAAR from the case.
    None of this lag would be a real legit reason to add sharding and ruin the whole MMORPG aspect.

Ahh sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    This is such a bad argument, i experienced 300 man raids during WoW peakdays and it barely effected lag, AV is 40v40 too and no lag either.
    50ish people is just DISGUSTINGLY low and bad for a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.

People forget how much fun a massively overcrowded world is and prefer convenience over immersion and fun.
    4 quarters straight it was stable, this was the only expansion after WOTLK that managed to do this.
    Once WoD hit, the amount of subs that went downhill was massive. the whole progress MoP managed to keep was gone within 2 quarters of WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude there was obvious lag, but not as bad any of you make it out to be, you guys act like the game was unplayable which was FAAAAR from the case.
    None of this lag would be a real legit reason to add sharding and ruin the whole MMORPG aspect.
    ......case closed....

10+ Year Old Account
    ......case closed....
    "barely effected lag" on 300 man runs, yeah of course there is lag but not as insane as you all claim it to be.

And 40v40 AV i never experienced lag, dude if you get lag there it's a you issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you played on server with a medium or high population prior to sharding, you experienced game-breaking lag at peak times. Remember the old WoW forums? Posts every day about it. I'm no fan of the loss of immersion resulting from sharding, but the benefits far outweigh the negatives.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigenously Abled View Post
    If you played on server with a medium or high population prior to sharding, you experienced game-breaking lag at peak times. Remember the old WoW forums? Posts every day about it. I'm no fan of the loss of immersion resulting from sharding, but the benefits far outweigh the negatives.
    Better solutions then removing immersion and an actual MMORPG experience. Going into zones that are crowded but now a ghosttown sure gives no interest to keep playing the game. I rather play a game i know is healthy and alive. And i see that personally with my own eyes.

I've played on the bussiest realm of EU with LOCKED status almost daily and i never experienced lag as many claim to have. I feel like alot of it was PC related issues and shouldn't be the reason that others should suffer from.

WoW was stable way before sharding too, stop giving sharding as reason why the game is stable. Stupid argument.
    Back then WoW had massive world events on a daily basis by the hundreds.
    This is how you tell someone you didn't play back in the day without saying it. Your experience is nothing like it really was.

Short version of this thread is that those who say sharding shouldn't exist don't understand how or why it is there in the first place and are coming up with delusions to make it sound like it's a bad thing.

Overall, those of us who know why it is there and what it is doing know exactly why it's a good thing compared to the past.

Those who played Classic when it was relevant even know this with all the constant downtimes and such from crashes amongst other things. There was a reason they were comping time a lot back then.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2023-04-22 at 03:28 PM.

"barely effected lag" on 300 man runs, yeah of course there is lag but not as insane as you all claim it to be.

And 40v40 AV i never experienced lag, dude if you get lag there it's a you issue.
    Either your memory is extremely off or you're just lying.

Azuregos raids, scepter event, large scale SS vs TM raids were all unplayable lag.

The open world doesn't mean anything in WoW anymore and the way they develop the combat these days the servers start acting up as soon as there are more 5han 50 people in any given area so no sharing is a really bad idea.

I still believe to this day that sharding is the worst thing they implemented into WoW, i get the idea when a server is underpopulated and it needs to be more populated that sharding is a solution, but once there are too many people and you shard people away then the whole idea around sharding becomes very stupid for a MMORPG...

You play a MMORPG because you wanna experience an alive open world, not to feel like the game is dead because your server is too populated.

I feel like Blizzard should make a realm that is twice as big if not triple as big in server capability and have 0 sharding in place.
    Look how alive Classic WoW looks like, how many people are everywhere and no shard in sight. The real MMORPG experience that retail lost.

For anyone who wants to go to this realm there should be a free realm change.
    Impossible both technically and due to game design. BFA's last patch clearly shown, that too many players in the same location caused severe server lags. Plus Blizzard no longer design their locations with high competition between players in mind. Do you really want to play World of Queuecraft?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    This is how you tell someone you didn't play back in the day without saying it. Your experience is nothing like it really was.

Short version of this thread is that those who say sharding shouldn't exist don't understand how or why it is there in the first place and are coming up with delusions to make it sound like it's a bad thing.

Overall, those of us who know why it is there and what it is doing know exactly why it's a good thing compared to the past.

Those who played Classic when it was relevant even know this with all the constant downtimes and such from crashes amongst other things. There was a reason they were comping time a lot back then.
    I'm not stating it was in classic era, i'm stating back in the days, my memories during WOTLK, Cata sure are still clear as day.
    Daily 40 man raids on capitals were normal and lag was a minimum issue, nothing to break the game over and especially not in todays time.

look at swifty oldskool ban video and how crowded the zone was. thats a real MMORPG experience and it happened more often then people dare to admit on this website.

Sharding is a bad thing and saying it isn't as mind boggling, no MMORPG should seen a decrease in players, especially not on such a big scale.

wow classic phase 2 in 2019 or whenever that was should've put a pin in this dream.

anything else is a lack of understanding. sorry fam, there are technical limitations to what you're saying, and this would be impossible. You never saw 300v300 battles without lag, and the conversation is over until you provide proof. but those technical limitations mentioned before, those of us who already know its impossible know you won't / can't and that your opinion is about as valid as anyone arguing with their doctor's diagnosis.