The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Speaking of bombs:

Oops another one...

1 is an accident, 2 is a trend...
    Well it’s better that they accidentally blow up in Russian then intentionally blow up in Ukrainian.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Ukrainian forces have established positions in east (left) bank of Dnipro in Kherson Oblast as of yesterday.

lettss goooooo
    ooof ignore this just looked at the map, its marshy swampland, defo no beachhead. the next drive has gotta be in that region tho defo not the donbass

10+ Year Old Account
    ooof ignore this just looked at the map, its marshy swampland, defo no beachhead. the next drive has gotta be in that region tho defo not the donbass
    Possible its an attempt to make the Russians unsure of where the main thrust will come from ahead of the offensive to make them stretch their forces more, but we’ll see in a couple of weeks how it unfolds I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Well it’s better that they accidentally blow up in Russian then intentionally blow up in Ukrainian.
    Other than "hey, careful! there's civilians down there!", I won't complain if russian weapons fall on russian territory. (Regardless of what you think of russians in general I don't condone civilian casualties on either side, for whatever reason.)

China's ambassador to France has said ex-ussr countries don't have an effective status in international law. In effect he is saying the various Stans, Baltic States Caucasus nations and Ukraine aren't actually sovereign nations.

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/...909138945?s=20

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    China's ambassador to France has said ex-ussr countries don't have an effective status in international law. In effect he is saying the various Stans, Baltic States Caucasus nations and Ukraine aren't actually sovereign nations.

Russia itself doesn't have an effective status, then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post

Neither does the insurrectionists on the mainland over the Republic Of China, if that’s the game they want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Neither does the insurrectionists on the mainland over the Republic Of China, if that’s the game they want to play.
    i believe you are talking about the lands of greater mongolia.

*West Taiwan

10+ Year Old Account
    Wagner wants a bloodbath

Pretty sure this is a war crime and reeks of desperation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, the Yuan dynasty is nearly 700 years in the past with not just a Han chinese one succeeding it, but also a Manchu one that ended up heavily assimilating into Han culture, the government that is now in Taiwan ending up in exile there happened within the last 75 years.
    Last edited by zealo; 2023-04-23 at 07:42 PM.

Wagner wants a bloodbath

Clear yes for the first, https://ihl-databases.icrc.org/en/cu...-ihl/v1/rule46 - an order of "no quarter" is a war-crime.

It also seems like a bad fake and desperation. (However, relatedly it seems that the Wagner mercenaries aren't illegal mercenaries under international law.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wagner wants a bloodbath

And most of all. It would be stupid. By declaring to not take any prisoner and showing this policy in action they'll achieve: Ukrainians will fight to the last man, so the blood toll for Wagner gets even higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    And most of all. It would be stupid. By declaring to not take any prisoner and showing this policy in action they'll achieve: Ukrainians will fight to the last man, so the blood toll for Wagner gets even higher.
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought as well, hence the "bloodbath", both sides will fight to the bitter end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought as well, hence the "bloodbath", both sides will fight to the bitter end.
    I mean, mercenaries only get paid to fight. At some point the paycheck isn't worth the ever-increasing certainty of being blown up.

This isn't like their regular assignments which I'm sure normally constitute providing intimidation support for some Russian Oligarch, beating back political dissenters, or pointing guns at unarmed people in Africa. They're going against an enemy that has the ability to blow them up, from considerable range, any time of day. And if they're luckily enough to not face artillery fire they have to face against armed Ukrainians actively shooting at them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I mean, mercenaries only get paid to fight. At some point the paycheck isn't worth the ever-increasing certainty of being blown up.

This isn't like their regular assignments which I'm sure normally constitute providing intimidation support for some Russian Oligarch, beating back political dissenters, or pointing guns at unarmed people in Africa. They're going against an enemy that has the ability to blow them up, from considerable range, any time of day. And if they're luckily enough to not face artillery fire they have to face against armed Ukrainians actively shooting at them.
    Myeah, but Wagner aren't regular mercs either, if payment was all they cared about them I'm sure the West could make it worth their while to switch. (A problem inherent with soldiers of fortune.)

Wagner wants a bloodbath

Can't we (the West) finally grow some testicles and organize this cunt to trip from a window into food poisoning?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Can't we (the West) finally grow some testicles and organize this cunt to trip from a window into food poisoning?
    i was more thinking 700 stab wounds tied to a chair at the bottom of a swimming pool in the style of a classic Russian suicide.

would be absolutely fine with any member of wagner getting added to a list to be mossad'd for the rest of their lives.

Peskovs son has 'joined' them. Hes a little thug. Used to live in the UK and did time in prison here for an assault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Peskovs son has 'joined' them. Hes a little thug. Used to live in the UK and did time in prison here for an assault.
    I sincerely doubt that this is anything else than a publicity stunt.

I sincerely doubt that this is anything else than a publicity stunt.
    yea its like kadyrovs sons going to 'the front'. Fantasy, good to know he will be on every fucking blacklist now tho lil cunt.