Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I do believe it's time for a good ol' fashioned Quoting the Whole Thing.

Fox News Parts Ways With Tucker Carlson

Fox News said Monday that it was parting ways with Tucker Carlson, its most popular prime time host who was also the source of repeated controversies and headaches for the network because of his statements on everything from race relations to L.G.B.T.Q. rights.

The network made the announcement less than a week after it agreed to pay $787.5 million in a defamation lawsuit in which Mr. Carlson’s show, one of the highest rated on Fox, figured prominently for its role in spreading misinformation after the 2020 election.

In making its announcement, Fox offered a terse statement of gratitude. “Fox News Media and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways. We thank him for his service to the network as a host and prior to that as a contributor,” it said.

His last program was on Friday, Fox said.

Mr. Carlson is also facing a lawsuit from a former Fox News producer, Abby Grossberg, who claims that he presided over a misogynistic and discriminatory workplace culture. Ms. Grossberg said in the lawsuit, which was filed in March, that on her first day working for Mr. Carlson, she discovered the work space was decorated with large pictures of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi wearing a swimsuit.

Ms. Grossberg, who was fired after filing the lawsuit, also claimed that after she was coerced by Fox’s lawyers into providing a misleading deposition in the Dominion trial and defending an offensive text from Mr. Carlson, his producers emailed the rest of the staff in recognition of “Abby Day” and suggested ordering a staff lunch to celebrate.

Fox has disputed Ms. Grossberg’s claims. A spokeswoman said in a recent statement: “We will continue to vigorously defend Fox against Ms. Grossberg’s unmeritorious legal claims, which are riddled with false allegations against Fox and our employees.”

Mr. Carlson, 53, had helmed his prime time show “Tucker Carlson Tonight” since 2016. In 2021, he signed a new deal with Fox News expanding into podcasts and a series called “Tucker Carlson Originals” for the streaming service Fox Nation.
    Bolded for "any other network would have fired him for that".

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    That's the guy. Most unfunny "funny" man I've seen.

Off-topic: Looks like Don Lemon is gone from CNN today, too.
    CNN needed to make room for Tucker. Remember that Discovery is run by a full on Trumper. They’ll probably keep some leash on him because Zazlav’s penny pinching probably outweighs his poisonous personal politics.

Generous of you to call it humour, honestly.
    Well calling it the "inane mouth diarrhea of a syphilitic brain" is hard to spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    aye probably will pivot to something worse.

wonder what happens to his writing team who were also nazis.
    They’re probably among the first to knife Tucker in the back. They aren’t leaving the gravy train that is Fox to go Glenn Beck it into The Blaze of irrelevance.

They’ll stick around provided they didn’t commit too much ink to copy that identity them to whoever just cost Fox 800 million lol.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

That's the guy. Most unfunny "funny" man I've seen.

Off-topic: Looks like Don Lemon is gone from CNN today, too.
    Posting a weird screencap like this is a weird way to announce it.

Anyways, I only care in that if anyone was to go at CNN it should have been Wolf first. Otherwise meh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Newsmax or Spotify here comes Tucker.
    Newsmax is going to be sued into oblivion, same for OAN. They're facing the same lawsuits but they don't have coffers like FOX News.

Podcasting wouldn't surprise me though.

Boy, in the extremely unlikely chance Tucker moves to CNN, does that mean all the Fox viewers need to destroy their, "Fuck CNN" stickers and swag?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Newsmax is going to be sued into oblivion, same for OAN. They're facing the same lawsuits but they don't have coffers like FOX News.

Podcasting wouldn't surprise me though.
    Neither can afford him, either. Even if he slums it and works at like 10% of his Fox salary I doubt either network could afford him without functionally leveraging the entire company for the loan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Boy, in the extremely unlikely chance Tucker moves to CNN, does that mean all the Fox viewers need to destroy their, "Fuck CNN" stickers and swag?
    They can put them on their K-Cup machines for added irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Neither can afford him, either. Even if he slums it and works at like 10% of his Fox salary I doubt either network could afford him without functionally leveraging the entire company for the loan.
    He can absolutely afford to slum it, though. Beyond the oodles of money he made from Fox, he was born into extreme wealth that his family still has.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    He can absolutely afford to slum it, though. Beyond the oodles of money he made from Fox, he was born into extreme wealth that his family still has.
    You think he's willing to essentially work for free on a network that nobody watches? I'm beyond skeptical he would allow such a hit to his ego.

I don't see a world where the man who just cost Fox an entire year of profit is going to get picked up by another major network.

He is to big of a lawsuit risk.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Just realized Tucker's last big interview was with....Elon Musk. And then Carlson's gig explodes like a SpaceX rocket.

Someone ... warn ... Grimes... be***
    Government Affiliated Snark

Trump/Tucker 2024

calling it now
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Trump/Tucker 2024

calling it now
    Disagree. Trump doesn't share the spotlight.

- - - Updated - - -

So "Carlson out at FOX" is the top headline in basically every news site...except FOX News.

FOX News does have the story but it is not on their front page.

An interim program, "Fox News Tonight," will air at 8 p.m. ET until a permanent replacement for Carlson is named. "Fox News Tonight" will be hosted by a rotation of various Fox News personalities.
    Incidentally, in their desperation to have something on their front page...well, meet me in the Elon Musk thread in about five minutes.

Wait, so they're pulling a Daily Show until they pick a new host?

Boy, this sure does seem this wasn't part of some larger plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Disagree. Trump doesn't share the spotlight.
    Trump/Inanimate carbon rod 2024? Slightly more personality than his last VP pick.

Glad to see it, this is a perfect point for all these Networks to fire their problem children. Hopefully more get fired at Fox, and they reign their talking heads in with the extremism and lies that they spout. I know pigs are more likely to fly though.

I guess you can "Cuck the Tuck" after all.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Glad to see it, this is a perfect point for all these Networks to fire their problem children. Hopefully more get fired at Fox, and they reign their talking heads in with the extremism and lies that they spout. I know pigs are more likely to fly though.
    Does fox have anyone that isn't a problem child these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Meh.

They'll just get someone worse. Maybe someone like... Greene.
    I have to agree with this Tucker Carlson is just the face of the giant cancer that is Fox News, they are just going to replace him with another crazier nut job.