Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Does fox have anyone that isn't a problem child these days?
    They still have Chris Wallace.

...what? December 2021 you say? Well, fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Does fox have anyone that isn't a problem child these days?
    Brett Baer generally acts like an adult.

Greg Gutfield is generally a goof but at least he likes Devin Townsend.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Meh.

They'll just get someone worse. Maybe someone like... Greene.
    I see Tulsi Gabbard taking the spot. She's hosted Tucker's show in the past, seems to have an ideology aligned with the right wing and Tucker's viewers seem to like her. Plus, despite all her lies, she seems more intelligent and controllable than Greene, which is what Fox needs now.

Last thing Fox needs is to put a Qanon conspiracy theorist on a prime time show.

whats the odds on jimmy dore replacing him

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    whats the odds on jimmy dore replacing him
    Wouldn't surprise me but I can think of a few other Tankies that would be higher on the list.

I can't wait until a month from now when no one remembers tucker just as they forgot bill owho exists. It'll be easy to fill the time slot, the person doesnt matter as long as they just repeat the same "liburals are destroying murika" lines over and over in different forms.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess my question is now with this settlement and Fucker leaving Fox is he now fair game for dominion if he runs his mouth about rigged machines or is he covered for any exposure then and going forward.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Ok, thinking about this.

The removed Tucker so quickly that Tucker didn't even know he was leaving on his last show, they didn't even have time to remove the ads advertising him as he went out the door and don't have a replacement for his show either.

What are the odds that we will be finding out some other new legal issue with Tucker that Fox doesn't want to touch with a 10 foot pole?
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    What are the odds that we will be finding out some other new legal issue with Tucker that Fox doesn't want to touch with a 10 foot pole?
    I’ll be watching this Reddit for updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Please keep us updated. I actually get more stories here than from most other places. Even with the trolls and liars, many still post highly accurate and relevant information.

But with how this went, it strikes me of a "Get the fuck out of here!" level of leaving where they didn't care how hard it would be to fix the slot but they didn't want him around at which point the question is what makes them feel the need to get him out so abruptly when the Dominion settlement a week ago didn't even warrant this to them.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Please keep us updated. I actually get more stories here than from most other places. Even with the trolls and liars, many still post highly accurate and relevant information.

But with how this went, it strikes me of a "Get the fuck out of here!" level of leaving where they didn't care how hard it would be to fix the slot but they didn't want him around at which point the question is what makes them feel the need to get him out so abruptly when the Dominion settlement a week ago didn't even warrant this to them.
    i mean he cost them a shedload of cash and there is some ongoing harassment complaint if you google abby gossberg

This feels like it matters more than some presidential elections have.

My cynicism kicked in about 5 seconds after the "holy crap" and I remembered, oh yeah, he'll just paddle his shit down to another network or even a podcast if he has to, and Fox News has about a half dozen other nutters who aren't much better, they just put a glossier coat on the shit.

My money's on fox shit canning him because he wanted to bring in more crazy guests even after they lost a few hundred mil.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    i mean he cost them a shedload of cash and there is some ongoing harassment complaint if you google abby gossberg
    Yes, but they didn't announce it with the settlement and if it were actually a planned event, they would already have had the replacement lined up and even if they were keeping it a secret from Tucker himself until the end, they would have had time to pull his ads when they did it.

This sounds like we have something else in the mix as those were already known and this is abrupt enough to suggest something else prompted it or this wouldn't have gone like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Think of it this way.

A)If Fox and Tucker had agreed to this after the settlement, the replacement would have been handled, the ads pulled and Tucker giving a farewell on his last episode.

B)If Fox had planned this and kept it a secret from Tucker, the replacement would have been handled silently in the background, and the ads pulled with his episode going like it did.

C)This is a case where neither Fox or Tucker had planned on it this quickly and Fox is scrambling. So, the Abby case didn't cause it nor did the settlement as they were already known. So, what evidence or new charge came to their attention for Fox to kick him out the door so quickly?

D)Or did Tucker just tell Fox he was done and left Fox scrambling on his way out?

C & D are the only real options here that I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    That's because conservative humor is just bad.
    Yup. I remember seeing a video a while back discussing why it's bad. And it's often because it's "punching down" was the gist of it.

Also, here is an exclusive pic of Tucker Carlson when he found out he was done at Fox:

10+ Year Old Account
    Tucker Carlson and Don Lemon on the day is wild. I wish I was into conspiracy theories beii know the discussions must be wild.

Maybe America can have time to heal a bit before this clown gets another platform.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Tucker Carlson and Don Lemon on the day is wild. I wish I was into conspiracy theories beii know the discussions must be wild.

Maybe America can have time to heal a bit before this clown gets another platform.
    Wait until tomorrrow.

Fox News has hired Don Lemon to take over Tucker Carlson Tonight and renamed "Don Lemon Tonight"

CNN has hired Tucker Carlson to take over for Don Lemon and the show is being renamed "CNN Tonight with Tucker Carlson"

The man child just cost his previous employer 787.5 billion dollars with his mouth, I hope CNN and others wouldn’t be stupid enough to take that liability on as well, especially knowing it will run off their viewers knowing the network would willing accept a known liar and racist like him.

Taking him on would destroy the credibility of any network that accepts him.
    I said it in another thread that if Fox News lost their lawsuit and had to pay out anywhere close to the $1.6 billion, they would fire the people that brought it upon them. One thing I've learned is no matter the company, no matter how valuable you are to a company or how much money you made them, if you cost them a LOT of money, you will be out the door. They fired O'Reilly when he was top billing there. They fired Lou Dobbs when he was top billing on Fox Business.

Didn't think Carlson was the first to be on the chopping block but here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    I said it in another thread that if Fox News lost their lawsuit and had to pay out anywhere close to the $1.6 billion, they would fire the people that brought it upon them. One thing I've learned is no matter the company, no matter how valuable you are to a company or how much money you made them, if you cost them a LOT of money, you will be out the door. They fired O'Reilly when he was top billing there. They fired Lou Dobbs when he was top billing on Fox Business.

Didn't think Carlson was the first to be on the chopping block but here we are.
    I mentioned it earlier but this doesn't look like the 787.5 billion is what got him out like this. Posted it here:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post54100066

But I am wondering if we find out some new evidence, charge or accusation against him to have him put out like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Yup. I remember seeing a video a while back discussing why it's bad. And it's often because it's "punching down" was the gist of it.

Also, here is an exclusive pic of Tucker Carlson when he found out he was done at Fox:

Nah. That is his normal resting face, unless he is around fascists and dictators. Then it is all smiles.