Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well that was a total ref shitshow at the end of Celtics at TWolves.

Celtics got a rebound, like 3 players AND the coach were screaming for a time out. Refs didn't notice at all, and called jumpball after a tangleup. Celtics win the ball after an illegal tip (no call again) and the game ends.

At the end the correct team had the ball and the correct team won, but that was just utter Ref clownery.

Oh, and 2 Twolves got ejected with a couple seconds left cause they were fed up with the bad calls. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Hawks at Celtics next Saturday in Round 1.

MUCH rather have the Hawks than the Heat. Not cause it's easier, but because it won't be such a physical slog. With the Hawks there's a good chance no one gets hurt and no one gets too beat up in Round 1 already. With the Heat, it almost certainly will. I hope the Bucks get them. >.> <.<

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    AD is currently in a three way tie for 5th in minutes played in the game, substantially behind Lebron and KAT. Those numbers matter. It hurts when you have a guy who's so rickety that he can't every step it up and play 42 minutes in a big game (the way Lebron did his whole career until he got old).
    Funny you said that, I just came from checking the box score to see he played 42:40
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah haha - he played all of overtime to get there. He played a bit more in the second half which makes sense - close game and all.
    Oh, duh. That explains it.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raptors lost against a screaming girl The Bulls.

Raptors as currently seen are likely gone. Coach Nick Nurse wants out. The team has no one that can shoot, except maybe OG Anunoby. Siakem is hot and cold. Poeltl is an expiring contract (who they paid a 1st and two 2nds for just months ago to make a run this season). VanVleet has a Player Option for next year that he;d be an idiot to pick up.

Masai is going to have to blow things up and start building around Scottie Barnes and the young guys they have and can aqcuire through trading Siakem etc. Barnes is a great building block/starting point though. I think he'll have a Jayson Tatum like development, cause he seems pretty serious and driven to be really good.

Will be nice to see the Raptors suck for a year or 2 though as they re-tool and rebuild. Cause I don't like their current coach and the way they played, and I need to see these Raptors turn into something else before I can stomach them again.

15+ Year Old Account
    As you all know I’m a diehard extra loyal kings fan — been there every season* since 99!

*that they went to the playoffs

Was a fun game though. Kings were just ok for most of it with some bad 3 streaks and a lackluster sabonis, while warriors had bad turnovers and missed 2 open game winning 3s. But it should be a fun series, even if Kings don’t have a great postseason track record vs other Cal teams in yellow jerseys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stories about the Knicks game last night: “Julius Randle is back! 19 points and a key rebound!”

Me, a jaded Knick fan: “Anyone else notice that he shot 35% from the field?”

My concern: Playoff Randle is real, and NOT spectacular. In 6 career playoff games, he’s never shot 40% from the field. You might say that’s just a small sample size problem, but if your leading scorer is sub 40%, you’re not gonna get a large sample.
    Problem is the Cavs have 4 really great guys, but you need to play 5, and the Knicks just picked on whoever was the 5th out there and getting the Cavs in trouble. And defensively the Knicks were letting Mitchell get his while doing everything to keep Garland from getting his. And it worked.

Unless the Cavs beyond their first 4 can get to a new level, I don't think the Knicks lose this series. THIBS of all people went 9 deep in his rotation apparently. That's unheard of.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell, Memphis?

15+ Year Old Account
    Think the games have gone about how everyone predicted. Bucks, suns, warriors, grizzlies losing and Westbrook making a game winning play on D.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Heat game was so hype tonight that it inspired me to log in and post about it.

That is all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aw man that lebron chuck end regulation. What a finish that would’ve been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    The Heat game was so hype tonight that it inspired me to log in and post about it.

That is all.
    Hiya. Long time no see!

How do you like the Jazz rebuild so far? Markannen getting MIP must have been pretty sweet.

- - - Updated - - -

From one of the Celtics beat writers:

"Absolute embarrassment of a loss. The day after Tatum admitted they got comfortable and let series go too long, they got comfortable and let this series go too long."

Amen. This is what got them nearly eliminated twice in last year's playoffs, and cost them the title in the Finals, and even after LITERALLY YESTERDAY admitting that it couldn't happen again, they fucking do it again.

Unbelievable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    How do you like the Jazz rebuild so far? Markannen getting MIP must have been pretty sweet.
    I'm happy for him! I wish we at least made the play-ins but I suppose that was never our intention. We're setting up for something big and I'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

In the meantime I've sort of adopted the Hawks (because Snyder) . I'm sorry it had to happen to your Celtics but I'm over the moon with last night's game. I still can't believe it.

10+ Year Old Account

In the meantime I've sort of adopted the Hawks (because Snyder) .
    I started watching Cavs games instead. Three former Jazz players. Hawks are ok too, and I'm one of seemingly very few people left that think Trae Young would be a good trade piece, and that Utah really needs a good point guard so why not. Utah absolutely would have made the playoffs with the team they have now, if they wanted to. With drafting and all the trade capital, not hard to imagine competing hard next season.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the meantime I've sort of adopted the Hawks (because Snyder) .
    It's always the unexpected betrayal that cuts the deepest. :'(

Nah, Celtics got no one to blame but themselves. Up 12 with less than 5 to go, have to just finish that.

I've kind of adopted the Jazz as my West team, cause I'm very curious what Danny Ainge is going to do over the coming 5 years or so.

With the returns he got on Rudi and Mitchell, and the hiring of Hardy and how that team culture has now been established, the Jazz are in a much better place than they were after things turned sour with the Rudi/Mitchell/Snyder Jazz, and the future looks bright. Even if he did nothing else, and retired again, he definitely put his stamp on things again.

Plus, rebuilding teams are far more fun than established teams. The stress of HAVING to perform and your season no longer being about growth, but cold hard results and nothing else, makes for a less fun viewing experience, I feel. I had more fun watching the Celtics build and grow than watching them in the years when Kyrie and Hayward were healthy and lately, where it started to be about end results. Which is kinda weird cause I'm usually an end result type of person.

Anyway. Jazz remind me a little of the 2016-2018 Celtics, who had a ton of assets and an already pretty good team, with fun young players. Looking forward to watching the Jazz change and grow too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rooting for the lakers but seeing Ja in game 4 was really fun. Watching him in the lane with 3 guys around him dribbling behind his back and shit in a way that wasn’t just show off flash and make the shot was something else. It reminded me of playing a rogue where you’d gouge this guy, kick another and blind a third before vanish/sap. Also I swear to god his hair is like a move animation like he’s got slice and dice going — it’s a straight up smokescreen for the ball when he’s going off with handles and hair swinging.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is a certified Fire Bud moment.

How does the best team in the NBA lose an elimination game at home and go out in 5 with Giannis back?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    This is a certified Fire Bud moment.

How does the best team in the NBA lose an elimination game at home and go out in 5 with Giannis back?
    He's definitely going to take some heat...

15+ Year Old Account
    Curry’s commercials have really improved his acting.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2023-04-29 at 01:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    It's always the unexpected betrayal that cuts the deepest.
    lol it's just something about Snyder, he's my favorite NBA coach. I will follow him where he goes.
    I'll enjoy the Jazz rebuild myself and am looking forward to it but the Hawks give me old Jazz vibes. Obviously the coaching is part of it but they're an underrated team, Trae Young gets way too much hate, and they just need a few good moves to start a deeper playoffs push.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I started watching Cavs games instead.
    I tried with the Cavs but something feels off with that team. Same with T-wolves.

I'm not surprised at all to see the Grizzlies go down. Fakest 2 seed ever. As much as I'd like a Warriors/Lakers series for the lulz I just need the Kings to put them to bed and I'll have a nearly perfect bracket. God damn it Bucks :P