Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    cannot see this mount in the collection journal, is it called something different there?
    Pretty sure there's a filter you have to enable to see uncollectible/TCG mounts.

Either that, or TCG mounts aren't in the journal until you learn them

All these twitch drops only makes it seem like the game wouldn't be worth watching otherwise. In the WoW category its just Classic WoW HC streamers carrying the games views.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    All these twitch drops only makes it seem like the game wouldn't be worth watching otherwise. In the WoW category its just Classic WoW HC streamers carrying the games views.
    Raiders will be started up by the time the mount one starts.

Absolutely. After all, we all know no one watches the race for world first.

Oh wait...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Why didn't we have these twitch drop game promotions back in Legion,BFA,Shadowlands twitch days of WoW? Seriously I spent more time back then watching twitch than I do at all now. Just now all of a sudden they decide to bring these promotional items? Like clearly there was some issue in order to make it like this because they could have done this type of rewards for people who played wow or watched streams like 6+ years ago.

make your friends burn in jealousy as you soar the everlasting skies

My friends are smart enough to put on a twitch stream for 4 hours at 1% volume in a minimized tab if they want this "promotion"

People that currently have the mount -> miffed it was given to others for free

Collectors -> one less interesting thing to try to collect

Normal players -> +1 your mount tab now says 562 instead of 561

MMO champion smoothbrains -> Celebrating that possibly someone somewhere might be a little bit disappointed that everyone and their dog now has their 1 special mount, celebrates by getting a third bag of doritos that evening instead of their normal 2, proceeds to never use the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post

My friends are smart enough to put on a twitch stream for 4 hours at 1% volume in a minimized tab if they want this "promotion"

MMO champion smoothbrains -> Celebrating that possibly someone somewhere might be a little bit disappointed that everyone and their dog now has their 1 special mount, celebrates by getting a third bag of doritos that evening instead of their normal 2, proceeds to never use the mount.
    Had to lean pretty heavily into ad hominem and speaking for people to try and make a point, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Had to lean pretty heavily into ad hominem and speaking for people to try and make a point, huh?

It's not ad hominem if you are just observing facts.

"Waaaah, everyone that disagrees with me is a smoothbrain that eats too many Doritos!"
    Ah yes, a well thought out and logical argument that is definitely not bottom tier ad hominem.

You do not need 1%. I been collecting drops muted. "Quote: Collectors -> one less interesting thing to try to collect" Wait what? Paying hundreds of euro/dollars is considered "interesting" ? This and all TCG codes have never been "interesting". Only a very small percent actually played the card game. So the "interesting" part was limited to either spending lots of money on booster packs and cross your fingers, or spend lots of money online for the code.

Anyone still buying TCG loot cards for their "old value" is crazy at this point. We'll see more of these given out.

Nice, more free stuff.

I own this mount already, to many it will be just a +1 on the mount count. But for people who care about aesthetics or immersion this can be a nice addition to their collectibles. I use it on my dark iron and on my shaman. Just spread these hard to get mounts around I hope I get to see more of them flying around.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    Why didn't we have these twitch drop game promotions back in Legion,BFA,Shadowlands twitch days of WoW? Seriously I spent more time back then watching twitch than I do at all now. Just now all of a sudden they decide to bring these promotional items? Like clearly there was some issue in order to make it like this because they could have done this type of rewards for people who played wow or watched streams like 6+ years ago.
    Blizzard is often late, stubborn or ignorant with alot of things. They often come "late to the party", and this is one of those things.

- - - Updated - - -

I think wow, as a game to stream, is much more about whoever is the streamer. I mean.. the gameplay of classic is not insanely good to watch, yet people do watch it. RWC, arena comp and m+ tournaments get some views, but its not insane numbers.

Personally, I have never really watched wow for the gameplay. Nothing of Esport worth either.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post

Did the Twitch API even support these type of promotions back then? No idea when this stuff was implemented but feels, to me, it just did not exist back then.

They’re clearly not smart enough to put it on mute and not have any background noise at all then. I guess they’re about as smart as you though! Which going by this post isn’t very…

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    They've said a lot of things were "unlikely" in the past including transmog, being able to hide armor pieces, bringing back the original talent tree, and many many others.
    Indeed! Didn't some blue also say that they were unlikely to make an expansion based on pandas and China, way back in the days of Cataclysm?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Doesn't mean it's not scummy af though.
    How is giving people free stuff scummy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    cannot see this mount in the collection journal, is it called something different there?
    It is *not obtainable" so it does not show up until you own it.

- - - Updated - - -

"One less interesting thing to try to collect"
    Yeah sure was interesting to... Go to eBay and pay hundreds of dollars for a scratch card, just to risk it's a scam and already used. So interesting....

But let me ask you this. You think lootboxes for real cash are interesting? Cause that's what the TCG was. Literally irl cash lootboxes all the way back in vanilla. So unless you really wanna try to defend gambling, maybe just fuck lootboxes?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2023-04-27 at 10:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

...And here we see irony in motion, calling others "smoothbrains" while prattling like that.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    They’re clearly not smart enough to put it on mute and not have any background noise at all then. I guess they’re about as smart as you though! Which going by this post isn’t very…
    Muting the tab used to make you unable to get drops, does it still work this way? no idea, 1% isn't audible anyways, but sure, you can try, report back how it went.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    ...And here we see irony in motion, calling others "smoothbrains" while prattling like that.
    Did you feel like one of the 3 dorito bag guys like others in this thread? Only getting pleasure from seeing other people get a little bit sad?
    Last edited by Sialina; 2023-04-27 at 11:37 AM.

Muting the tab used to make you unable to get drops, does it still work this way? no idea, 1% isn't audible anyways, but sure, you can try, report back how it went.
    I have never had issues getting drops while having the tab muted in the background.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death