Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Pretty sure that's sarcasm. You got got, my dude.
    Hahahahahahahaaaaaaa. I made it as obvious as I possibly could, lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Ahh thank you that made me laugh reading it, I needed that!
    I aim to please!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    And now? with that information shared what is your future plan on this website? Follow a dead games news for the next years? Looking for validation ? Or just being a sad person who wants to have other people feel sad? Or was this your last post?
    Wow isn't dead, is my point. It's actually doing as well or better than other recent expansions, compared to a similar point in their life cycle. I don't pretend it's a perfect game and there are 100% things Blizzard could to do to make me quit, again. But the game, as a whole is doing fine.

If you think WoW is dead, well we disagree. If you missed my sarcasm, no worries

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    eh maybe On your sever. Where I'm at there are plenty of people playing. BUT to play devils advocate I could see how some people would say it's dead af IF they were part of one of the many older guilds that has turned into a ghost-town especially on a lower pop server.
    As someone on Thrall-US, The only people that have been in trade chat recently have been run spammers. There used to be a lot more people advertising professions at the beginning-mid of the patch, not to mention the drop in people farming rares in the reach.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    The 45M MAUs from last quarter were the anomaly, not the norm. Check this out:
    This is why they stopped reporting sub numbers. There is one quarter with huge increase (OMG WOW IS BACK AND SAVED), next quarter is huge decrease (OMG WOW IS DYING THIS EXPAC IS SO SHIT), rest is slow decrease or at best staying the same.

Q4 MAU numbers are so obvious it hurts. Blizzard released free to play game that was popular as hell first few weeks. Similar thing happened in 2016, Blizzard suddenly get millions of new MAUs from FPS players (OV1 was buy to play, but also more hyped than OV2).

The more than doubling of MAUs during 2022 doesn't seem to be acknowledged. Which is huge tbh. Caught me off-guard. Then hit with a 18m drop in one quarter. Curious what caused it and no it's not the past scandals because then it wouldn't lead to doubling throughout this year.

In the end, year to year they have grown.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post
    as long as Blizzard is chained by Activision they will continue bleeding
    they have 5m more MAUs compared year-to-year... also yes there was a big drop, preceded by huge INCREASE, which people like you seem to ignore...
    there was big increase and big drop, nothing unusual, fact remains after the drop they are HIGHER than before the increase... thats not bleeding...

also they are "chained" by activision since late TBC, and before were "chained" by vivendi, its been long enough so people could pretend blizzard used to be "free"...

lol @ Blizzard's results, they're truly terrible in every way. Revenue down by $300 million (down 44%), MAUs down by 40% (edit: I previously had 50% here which was a typo) and World of Warcraft / Dragonflight are not even mentioned. Ouch, they took a hard nosedive with this expansion, although they initiated a course correction.

Now with the merger blocked it's even looking more bleak for Activision, but Blizzard in particular.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2023-04-27 at 06:54 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Its just a lot less players compared to 5 years ago, but its still raking in cash so its going to stay a good while longer.
    and you get this result by comparing player count which WE DONT HAVE, with player count from 5 years ago, which we ALSO DONT HAVE?
    like im not saying wow is at its peak currently, but claiming it have "a lot less players compared to 5 years ago" is just asspull...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    they have 5m more MAUs compared year-to-year... also yes there was a big drop, preceded by huge INCREASE, which people like you seem to ignore...
    there was big increase and big drop, nothing unusual, fact remains after the drop they are HIGHER than before the increase... thats not bleeding...
    This comparison is hilarious. You know what they added year-to-year? A new WoW expansion and Overwatch 2. In March last year there was nothing. So while this is not unusual, it's laughable to not see a massive downtrend here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    lol @ Blizzard's results, they're truly terrible in every way. Revenue down by $300 million (down 44%), MAUs down by 50% and World of Warcraft / Dragonflight are not even mentioned. Ouch, they took a hard nosedive with this expansion, although they initiated a course correction.

Now with the merger blocked it's even looking more bleak for Activision, but Blizzard in particular.
    you really dont know how to read financial results, do you?
    ofc there is drop in revenue compared to quarter that had games released, that always had and always will create peak... year to year they have actualy increase in both MAU and revenue...

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Is that huge drop in MAU because of losing the Chinese audience?
    That fallout will be seen to its full extent by the next quarterly report and it will be catastrophic.

This comparison is hilarious. You know what they added year-to-year? A new WoW expansion and Overwatch 2. In March last year there was nothing. So while this is not unusual, it's laughable to not see a massive downtrend here.
    you do realise that was added in previous quarter causing that massive peak?
    now we are after the peak and still higher than before it, thats net increase, you would know that if you have even basic economic knowledge...

you do realise that was added in previous quarter causing that massive peak?
    now we are after the peak and still higher than before it, thats net increase, you would know that if you have even basic economic knowledge...
    Yes and that was my reasoning? There is no net increase lol, there are just newer games with Overwatch 2 and Dragonflight still being fresh. It's not me who's lacking basic economic knowledge.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2023-04-27 at 06:52 AM.

Yes and that was my reasoning? There is no net increase lol, there are just newer games with Overwatch 2 and Dragonflight still being fresh. It's not me who's lacking basic economic knowledge.
    A gaming company releasing games means they gain numbers? Who knew....
    Should they gain customers by doing nothing?
    It's a net increase no matter how you slize it.

Complaining it doesn't count because a company did something to gain customer is bonkers. It's what all companies do. In fact it's the essence of being a company.

"This gaming company have a huge success after releasing their first game."
    "That's because they just released a new game, it's not good"
    Well, fucking yeah?

This plumbing company saw a surge in contracts after doing a promotion
    "That's because they did a promotion, it's not an increase at all"

Such a weird stance.

The 18m drop is enough fuel to speculate doom and gloom about, don't need to deny the 5m net increase just on principle.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2023-04-27 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    A gaming company releasing games means they gain numbers? Who knew....
    Should they gain customers by doing nothing?
    It's a net increase no matter how you slide it.

Complaining it doesn't count because a company did something to gain customer is bonkers. It's what all companies do. In fact it's the essence of being a company.
    Where is it a net increase when you're down to where you've started? In Q2/22 we had 27 million MAUs as well and in Q2/22 neither Overwatch 2 nor Dragonflight existed. So those additional players added in Q4 with the release of these new game came and went. Basically had zero lasting impact.

so GAMING company releasing games and getting customers is not a good thing?
    and you have the audacity to claim yoy dont lack basic economic knowledge... wow... you also seem to lack basic LOGIC...

blizz is doing well, far from their historical "peak", but even further from "dying"... i know its hard to accept when your whole existence revolves around hating them, but thats just how it is, no matter how mad it makes you

Where is it a net increase when you're down to where you've started? In Q2/22 we had 27 million MAUs as well and in Q2/22 neither Overwatch 2 nor Dragonflight existed. So those additional players added in Q4 with the release of these new game came and went. Basically had zero lasting impact.
    Year to year they gained 5m. Which is the context he's talking about. Context is very important.

As I added to my post, the 18m drop is massive. It's not looking good, but year to year they still gained 5m MAUs.
    You know, both can be true. As we see by just looking at numbers.

And your complaint about them releasing new content/games to gain numbers is silly regardless of context. It's what they are supposed to do.

diablo immortal was released... maybe check fact before spewing nonsense...
    they were at 22M, over the time games released and they peaked, and then in quarter with no releases droped to 27M, which is 20% more than previous quarter with no releases, and coincidentaly also year-to-year...

also, you have no way of knowing as you clearly shown yoy have no clue about economics and financial statements, but year-to-year growth is one of the most important financial markers...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2023-04-27 at 07:07 AM.

blizz is doing well
    Imagine being so delusional and stating Blizzard is doing well a) after these terrible financial results and b) after the merger was blocked. We know they can't even properly handle their projects because they're severely lacking devs. But they're doing well? Are you even serious?

Imagine being so delusional and stating Blizzard is doing well a) after these terrible financial results and b) after the merger was blocked. We know they can't even handle their projects because they're severely lacking devs. But they're doing well? Are you even serious?
    Yes, this is the 20th time WoW dies and 60th time Blizzard dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    And your complaint about them releasing new content/games to gain numbers is silly regardless of context. It's what they are supposed to do.
    That's not a complaint, that's an observation. Imagine releasing Overwatch 2, a brand new game, and a new WoW expansion, just to see that all the efforts are void in the end and you're back to where you've started. It's not like they're having these releases each year. For Overwatch 2 especially that's a devastating result, for WoW not so much as it's at the bottom of its entire life cycle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cucumberer View Post
    Yes, this is the 20th time WoW dies and 60th time Blizzard dies.
    There's a huge in-between from "Blizzard is doing well" and "Blizzard dies", but whatever makes you feel better.