Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It's trivial to justify most things within the in-game lore. Used to be only NElfs can be druids in the lore. Heck, used to be only MALE NElfs can be druids. That was obviously changed rather quickly. NPCs broke the mold fairly quickly. Now it's expanded to all sorts of races. NElfs also couldn't be mages for a pretty significant lore reason, but that changed - the sky didn't fall, and to no one's surprise people did NOT suddenly go "a friggin NIGHT ELF mage just crossed my path in Stormwind, my immersion is now RUINED FOREVER and the ENTIRE GAME is broken beyond repair, I'll unsub and quit immediately HOW DARE THEY" all over the place.

No one is asking for anything that others can't do already, like if people suddenly went "but I want to play a half-Tauren-half-Gnome Battle Barista that's also 16 ft tall because of a hormonal disorder and has completely neon-green fur because of a dye-factory accident when they were seven" then I'd be more onboard with a complaint, but just allowing people to choose a race that already exists and a class that already exists is not going to upset ANYTHING of any relevance whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by KSM899 View Post
    So someone like me who doesn't play with friends or family and have not time for guilds need to wait weeks to experience the story with random people .
    Raid is easily clear-able week1 with normal pugs, at your own time.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    You think people will have a blast BECAUSE we will/would have more race/class combos?

lol.

It's not what matters to have fun. But it does kill FANTASY, UNIQUENESS and LOGIC.

So yeah... at the end of the tunnel, you can only lose with having more race/class combos.
    You're an icon of "WoW old man" syndrome. More race/class combos is only a loss? How about things that are already in the lore, like Night Elf Paladin? Is that only a loss too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    This is such a bad design

I think the people wanting traditional flying in Dragon Isles don't realise just how big the zones are.

You think people will have a blast BECAUSE we will/would have more race/class combos?

lol.

It's not what matters to have fun. But it does kill FANTASY, UNIQUENESS and LOGIC.

So yeah... at the end of the tunnel, you can only lose with having more race/class combos.
    So my Paladin can wield ashbringer and run between life and death but that paladin being a goblin is just too lore breaking? Our characters lore wise are already unique. Race should have zero merit. Who cares if my goblin druid is rare in the world. Why can't a random goblin be abandoned and raised by tauren or night elvaan people?

Night elf Paladin have been set up in legion order halls. Human druids have been set up in Battle for Azeroth. I can understand having to take your time to make it aesthetically fit and I really hope we get to see these in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I think the people wanting traditional flying in Dragon Isles don't realise just how big the zones are.
    100%. You know once original flying is enabled, people are gonna just cry that it's too slow and say Blizz needs to give them the same speed as dragonriding. I mean, just think about how slow flightpaths feel now, then realize that traditional flying mounts max out at approximately half that speed.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

I'm glad they're finally adding pronouns, it is probably one of the biggest flaws in DF right now.

OK, but what will the "slowly incoming" Bank changes? I'd love to know!

adding pronouns to the game is something still in the works, but there are some technical limitations that the team is still working through to have them reflected in game.
    god damn it! Why?!

I see no fun in illogical stuff.

We had even less race/class combos in tbc, wotlk, mop... and yet people had BLAST!
    Talking about illogical - what an illogical comparison it was.
    NE Demo Paladin is a paladin with warlock spec?
    Goblin Druid is just race/class combo, and shapeshifting into mecha animal is consistent. Do you call ferals who use fel bear form from Mage tower a "Night Elf Destruction Guardian Druids" ? Or the fire cat form a "Night elf fire feral druid" - no, no we don't.

You know. There are game designs, that have been bad right from the beginning. Like limiting classes to certain races or splitting playerbase between two factions aka virtual racism. And it's not even about devs not fixing these problems ASAP. They refuse to even admit them and provide compensations for "wrong decisions" to players. Why should I delete my old historical characters now to change race to one, that identifies me correctly? It's devs' fault, they should fix it and provide some sort of compensation to me. At least one time free race change.

It's not only about identification. It's about how characters are felt. When you see your character - you should feel hooked. Not just "Meh, I had to choose that Ork only to be able play Warlock".

Adding pronouns to the game is something still in the works, but there are some technical limitations that the team is still working through to have them reflected in game.
    I can't, I just... can't.

I hate things like "the team wants to give an explanation for it", as it means indefinite time frame, while I expected proper race identification to be implemented ASAP. And another thing. They had perfect "explanation" for Tinkers back in patch 8.2, but they've wasted it. So, I no longer trust them.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2023-04-27 at 10:45 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

"Adding pronouns to the game is something still in the works, but there are some technical limitations that the team is still working through to have them reflected in game."

Blizz, not everyone is from SoCal. Stop trying to implement your political bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    "Adding pronouns to the game is something still in the works, but there are some technical limitations that the team is still working through to have them reflected in game."

Blizz, not everyone is from SoCal. Stop trying to implement your political bs.
    Pronouns are already in the game. When a NPC says "He grabbed his sword" He and His are pronouns. I believe this is just to seperate body 1 and body 2 from the pronounces the system generates. Ie <body 1 pronoun> grabbed <body one possessive pronoun> sword. Would change to <selected pronoun> grabbed <selected possessive pronoun> sword. Super simple, Effects your gameplay none at all as most of this text is only visible to you from NPCs.

The day they finally move away from class/race restrictions will be glorious.
    Also how exactly will the inclusion of new pronouns differ from how it works already.
    Will you just be able to have your female character referred to as a he at the barber shop?
    Or will you select it at the character creation screen?

Having every race being able to choose every class is such a bad idea. It removes meaning and uniqueness to races and classes and also destroys a big part of the RPG element of wow. I even think shamans should still be horde and paladins alliance.

Tauren rogues are ridiculous, so are gnome warriors, undead holy priests, goblin shamans and list goes on. For example many seem to want undead paladins but fail to understand that a paladin is the anthesis of an undead, same for Draenei warlock. Allowing such combination means both the race and class becomes meaningless. Blizzard has not been helpful in this regard by having npc's appearing in combinations unavailable to players.

That doesnt mean there is no room to allow more race/class combinations but please only where it makes sense. Explain how and why so it doesnt completely destroy what lore remains.

I want housing. They are working on pronouns.

I see where the disconnect is. I know I will get slammed, but I am one of the people who will be glad when this game folds. I can quit my addiction and find better things to do. lol yea, it's a me problem. I am aware.