Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind them starting over in new territory. This also gives them a chance to redefine their culture and mission statement as a race.

I don't care much for the NEs ties to Kalimdor. They have a connection to Azeroth's dreamways/nature beyond a piece of land. Night elves have been on a downward spiral since Azshara...so they need a chance to heal and rebuild.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I'm probably biased as a Night elf fan, but i'd love that, give the Horde their own Teutoburg forest (In 9AD, three whole Roman legions got wiped out there by Goths, and i don't mean the skinny kids with the heavy makeup, the Romans never went there again.), it makes the Night elves what they were back in Warcraft 3, explains why they're still there, and gives even warmongers in the Horde good reason to focus their attention elsewhere.

Establish the border at the Thondoril river (Where it was before Cataclysm), and then just leave the Night elves alone for a while and pester another playable race for cheap pre-patch drama...
    Basically this. Just make it stick that Horde's good will is not the only guarantee of safety.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I don't mind them starting over in new territory. This also gives them a chance to redefine their culture and mission statement as a race.

I don't care much for the NEs ties to Kalimdor. They have a connection to Azeroth's dreamways/nature beyond a piece of land. They've been on a downward spiral since Azshara...so they need a chance to heal and rebuild.
    Well imho after BfA their "race goals" realistically should be gouging every Horde citizen's face and turning it into a planter. One way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    This is a hot take but narratively the best thing for the night elves is to be away from the Horde.

The Alliance are unreliable allies and the Horde have proven to be ruthless evil neighbors who will stop at nothing until they hunt every single night elf to extinction.
    The best thing for them is to make their main home somewhere the Horde or anyone else can't possibly reach and use that as a base through portals or what have you to project their influence on their old territories in kalimdor.
    Why is the Alliance an unreliable ally to the Night Elves? The Alliance reinforced the night elves when Garrosh attacked and Varian joined the field himself. In the War of Thorns by canon they had no way to reinforce them and afterwards they were engaged in a global war and moving forces to reclaim the land when the Horde had significant forces on Kalimdor was just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Why is the Alliance an unreliable ally to the Night Elves? The Alliance reinforced the night elves when Garrosh attacked and Varian joined the field himself. In the War of Thorns by canon they had no way to reinforce them and afterwards they were engaged in a global war and moving forces to reclaim the land when the Horde had significant forces on Kalimdor was just stupid.
    Well they moved their forces to play reconquista with depopulated human kingdom, and no, it was not strategically viable because its a huge open plain with absolutely decayed wall on one end and HUGE CANYON with a TINY bridge on another. So they could have just collapsed Tandol's Span and redirected the forces they used to retake Arathor to Kalimdor.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Retvrn to Nordrassil and Hyjal. The Night Elves migrating to a random inexplicably turbo-grown tree in the sea which equally inexplicably housed the vast majority of their population was retarded. Doing the same thing, except now the tree is even further away, does nothing to improve it.
    What I'd do is better represent the duality of the Night Elves and have a capital city that exists simultaneously in the Dream and Northern Kalimdor.

But I am not sure by lore they should ever LIVE in Hyjal. Hyjal is were the Ancients live. It is sacred land, not a place to open shops.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Well imho after BfA their "race goals" realistically should be gouging every Horde citizen's face and turning it into a planter. One way or another.
    But they won't. It shouldn't have ever gotten to that point anyways. Tolerating even an ounce of Garrosh's territorial expansion without the full force that came out when the demons invaded was the first nail in the coffin.

They're one of the few mortal races that share a cosmic mission statement with the dragons (even if most don't see it yet). They're in the position for a hard reset that lands them in a better position than before. Before Teldrassil burned, they were already spread too thin. Divided by too many leaders, had too many factions dividing manpower/resources across different areas/nations, losing an increasing amount of territory/land to Horde terrorism/imperialism, pushed away potential allies, and always jumped first to fight world-ending threats that decimated their people/armies.

As a nation, they needed to be brutally punched back into a box so they can focus on what is actually important to them. Now, in reality, this is all the writers' fault because they're fictional...but I don't disagree with taking a terrible situation and using it as a chance to reset the status quo.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    But they won't. It shouldn't have ever gotten to that point anyways. Tolerating even an ounce of Garrosh's territorial expansion without the full force that came out when the demons invaded was the first nail in the coffin.

They're one of the few mortal races that share a cosmic mission statement with the dragons (even if most don't see it yet). They're in the position for a hard reset that lands them in a better position than before. Before Teldrassil burned, they were already spread too thin. Divided by too many leaders, had too many factions dividing manpower/resources across different areas/nations, losing an increasing amount of territory/land to Horde terrorism/imperialism, pushed away potential allies, and always jumped first to fight world-ending threats that decimated their people/armies.

As a nation, they needed to be brutally punched back into a box so they can focus on what is actually important to them. Now, in reality, this is all the writers' fault because they're fictional...but I don't disagree with taking a terrible situation and using it as a chance to reset the status quo.
    Literally look at Belves, Foresuckers and Dorcs - especially Dorcs aka 3 ships worth of people and not all of them were combatants even. No land of their own, no capital, no nothing - now they are the major superpower.

Or forsaken - just an offshoot of Scourhe without any cool units and necromancers - boom, suddenly rolling Alliance into the pavement SOLO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Make a portion of the Horde attack night elves and then show them beating the shit out of the rogue element and then make it LOGICAL for Horde not wanting to go for another big war because it would be too costly.
    Fact is the combined Horde easily slaughtered the NEs. Nothing the NEs do is going to change the fact that they are unable to protect themselves against the Horde onslaught. Putting a token rebel force and consequently beating it means nothing.
    The NEs "beat" the Horde in darkshore, how great was that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    They are unreliable in the way that they failed to stop the Horde in War of Thorns, next time they will fail again or be unwilling to do anything just as they were unwilling for the Darkshore retaking.
    The NEs need to take control of their own future, and being on a magical island guarded by dragons means that the Horde cannot genocide them again even if they tried... logically anyways.

And when the NEs are strong enough they can take back what's theirs, the Horde being completely unable to strike at their heart like they did last time.
    Its a win win scenario

Mount Hyjal, this could be a good opportunity to revamp the zone. Get a new starting area for night elf’s and show the zone progression.

I also wonder if this tree will allow for a link between our realm and Ardenweald. Would the inhabitants be able to cross over into our realm. Maybe get some new Ardenweald themed customizations for night elfs.

The Dragon isles. Because Kalimdor belongs to the Horde.

The Night Elf remnants should get off of the continent populated by savages who keep embarking on mass murder sprees every other year. If they're still on Kalimdor then a few years from now the Horde will berserk again and wipe out the Elves like they wiped out the Draenei and the human kingdoms. The Nelves could relocate to the Eastern Kingdoms where they would be surrounded by their allies. Given that the Exodar was repaired in Cata novel/short story, the Draenei could leave Kalimdor and come join the rest of the Alliance on the EK as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Because bfa and the burning of Teldrassil was a success at "not playing it safe," right?
    Well, we cant deny that they took a risk here, and peoples are not happy (i dont know why considering Teldrassil was an abberation to even exist back in Vanilla but since people DID NOT PLAY WARCRAFT 3 BUT CLAIMS THEY DID they think Teldrassil mades lot of sense...)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yetanothernewbie View Post
    In the bottom of the ocean with the rest of their misbegotten race.
    They must all serve their true Queen!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Yes? If people would actually allow them to move forward with the Night Elf story and identity instead of demanding that this transitional period be resolved by going back to exactly how it was before and screaming about how anything other than that exact return to status quo is some grave breach of Night Elf identity.
    The thing is, even if peoples are mostly asking Hyjal here, Blizzard is so going to put them back on Teldrassil that it is not even funny...

- - - Updated - - -

Sure...get back when the writing improves.
    o...wait, you didn't like WotLK either...nevermind.
    Are you trying to say that WoLK had a good writting? LMAO...come on!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Which may say never, since I doubt that Blizzard writers are able of bringing quality writing again after the shitshow that was BFA and Shadowlands.
    But bfa writting was definitly better than vanilla,tbc and wolk ones combine, just lets be honest here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I see lots of people suggesting Hyjal. Problem with that is that with a new capital means a new starting area, and Hyjal is kinda taken as a levelling zone already.

I don’t see the problem with having a new faction capital in the Dragon Isles. Sure, it’s not Kalimdor but NE’s are also connected to the Emerald Dream which this new tree represents. So while there will obviously be pushback against it I’m sure there will be pushback no matter where they choose. All I want is a new starting level experience for Night Elves
    It is why i mentioned a revamp of the zone in my post, when i mentioned that during Cata we learn that with the reutn of the ancients the zone will be healed up, we could have a starting and high lvl zone version at the same time of Hyjal like forbidden reach for the dracthyr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Night elves should be dominant in west and northern kalimdor and the broken isles. I'm fine with the Nightborne running the broken isle kingdom and the night elves the kalimdor one.
    You realize that the Night Elves got pretty much a genocide on them right?

Fact is the combined Horde easily slaughtered the NEs.
    I think most here have had enough of Blizzard’s shitty writing...

There's nothing Blizz can do to make this situation better because of the box they put themselves in. To go outside that crappy box means war of the scorched earth variety against every undead...as it should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    The Dragon isles. Because Kalimdor belongs to the Horde.
    Yeah! It belong to the Horde! Because we know that the Forsaken comes from Kalimdor....and the Blood elves too, and alos the orcs! And the jungle trolls! And all know the....wait only the Tauren are actually natives of Kalimdor there is more eastern kingdoms races in the Horde than ones from Kalimdor...

- - - Updated - - -

There's nothing Blizz can do to make this situation better because of the box they put themselves in. To go outside that crappy box means war of the scorched earth variety against every undead...as it should be.
    People should have had enough of this writting since Vanilla, but look where we are now praising people who are the cause of the bad writting...

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say Mount Hyjal if it wasn't for the fact it was basically granted for everyone now a days.

Darkshore is in a mess, and of course the old husk too.. Feralas, maybe? Or a united stance with Gilneas?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account

Well they kind of did fix it.

The Night Elves are safe and the genocide against them is recoverable. Why? Because the Horde can't get to them anymore. Probably nothing can anymore if they get on Dragon Isles.
    Even if we do another Horde v Alliance war, the Horde can never pull another Teldrassil again without even more astonishing story moves like they did in BFA... will the Horde get inter planetary catapults?

Regardless moving the Night Elves on Dragon Isles and giving them a mega portal to teleport back to Kalimdor whenever they feel like it pretty much makes them the england of wow. Their homebase is untouchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameonna View Post
    You realize that the Night Elves got pretty much a genocide on them right?
    I do, but they should be restored to a titanic powered race like they were introduced in the WC3 manual , the game and the WotA novels - yes, all of which showed heavy losses for those wars with the legion, but also the lore have provided them with the level of power to maintain vast territories with far fewer numbers if they would restore these to their original levels of power it is feasible.

Sources of Power
    1. The Well of Eternity, - their biggest power source the drove their most advance civilization the likes of which took the world to a state of development and excellence in peace too
    2. The Emerald Dream via the World trees Nordrassil and Shaladrassil - with power that shapes the evolution of a world
    3. Elune - a goddess on their side with cosmic powers of creation
    4.. The Night warrior - avoid based power terrible and fierce they've finally achieved control over and is now utilisable
    5. Fel power - a level of mastery via the Illidari that was able to match and eventually topple the legion

This is the level of mastery and power access the members of their race have, with these they should be able to control those territories, although command of such powers should be the arena of those that are over 10,000 years old, which the player belonging ot the faction traditionally isn't - the player is typically or canonically a young night elf, loyal to the faction, not an ancient who has seen many times the lifespan of the two factions.

Rapid Population replenishment
    Also they have sources of number replenishment:
    1. The Farondis can be utilised to add quite a lot back - whether as some sort of in between life or fully back alive
    2. The Worgen from the emerald dream too can also add a large number back
    3. Some weird connection with the souls in the tree from Ardenweald could be a source of both numbers to the faction as well as a new allied race
    4. Naga converted back to night elves could be another source
    5. Satyr converted back to night elves could be another source too.
    6. Cenarians (all keepers, dryads and their race) fully coming in line with the night elves
    7. Tree people - (Treants, Ancients etc)

With lots of sources to pick form and utilise

Finally Allies:
    Who says they have to do it alone -whether in a faction or not.

• Gilnean - although quite few can't be discounted as devoting themselves to actually helping the night elves
    • Draenei - who were first to strike a friendship with the night elves, and whose friendship has been sorely neglected would be a great help especially with the Lightforged added, although I suspect they'd be more involved with the humans, makes sense, Draenei should be heavily involved with the night elves, while Lightforged with the humans
    • Void elves - the new Thalassian faction has connections to the night elves via their Highborne heritage, would have keen interest in the black moon sect night warrior power that should in acolytes and would be sorely needed by night elf druids to tackle the void problem of the emerald dream and also can very much relate to the Illidari night elves who help. Like the draenei, the void elves have a pure void wing and a high elf wing, the high elf wing can be more involved with humans while the void elf wing focuses heavily on the night elves
    • Illidari - while a neutral faction, just like the ebon blade is skewed more to toward the horde and the forsaken though neutral, so to the Illidari, Night elf based and formed, would naturally be more skewed towards the night elves in the alliance.

From the horde:
    • Nightborne - should be keen on reconnecting, but also rebuilding since their race is nearly extinct and they're for the same stock, even though on opposite factions - they share heritage, arcane and nature balance too, not to mention both have their ancestral home in Suramar
    • Highmountain - long been friends with the night elves, Cenarius making Huln Highmountain who he is and Malfurion recruiting the Tauren chieftain to aid in the fight against the burning legion
    • Tauren - can also be friendly with the night elves based on their care for nature and generally peaceful mindset.

While these 3 races are on the horde, the deep night elven friendship with them (which the lore team can expound = seeing there is already basis for such to grow enormously) can cause a level of stability and faction balance both in Kalimdor and the broken isles, and while faction politics sometimes leads to conflict, the friendship can actually be a deterrent or force that works against the fighting or seeks to bring resolution to their warring friends.

Finally the Dracthyr - they could be made good friends of the night elves (and nightborne), feeling a lot akin to them amongst all the other races and thus developing more)
    Last edited by Mace; 2023-04-27 at 10:16 PM.

Obviously in Maldraxxus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

7+ Year Old Account
    Underwater

So they become Naga
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

In Kalimdor underground in some kind of upgraded Warden Base. Where I find space to put a little of each part of the Kaldorei Culture.

Basically your new capital would be a bunker and your society would go into a state of war which would be a huge WoW plot breakthrough. Although for those who know about the lore it would be more of a "return to the Kaldorei of W3".

And if it is not in Kalimndor. Then on any other planet that isn't important to the Lore. On a dead rock in Draenor. So they will no longer suffer the problems of living in Azeroth.

Well they kind of did fix it.

The Night Elves are safe and the genocide against them is recoverable. Why? Because the Horde can't get to them anymore. Probably nothing can anymore if they get on Dragon Isles.
    Even if we do another Horde v Alliance war, the Horde can never pull another Teldrassil again without even more astonishing story moves like they did in BFA... will the Horde get inter planetary catapults?

Regardless moving the Night Elves on Dragon Isles and giving them a mega portal to teleport back to Kalimdor whenever they feel like it pretty much makes them the england of wow. Their homebase is untouchable.
    Serious question.
    If the Dranei that were winged did not help the Kaldorei by power of the script. What makes you think that the Dragons are going to help them?

And more important. Yes, the Horde was able to cross a forest faster than the Kaldorei. Being this territory known and the Kaldorei. What makes you think they couldn't just cross the ocean and just shoot from boats?

We also have the portals that can stop working or malfunction automatically if the plot needs it. Because I remember that the Alliance could have simply used the portals to go to Help the Kaldorei and that was it, it arrived on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    From the horde:
    • Nightborne - should be keen on reconnecting, but also rebuilding since their race is nearly extinct and they're for the same stock, even though on opposite factions - they share heritage, arcane and nature balance too, not to mention both have their ancestral home in Suramar
    • Highmountain - long been friends with the night elves, Cenarius making Huln Highmountain who he is and Malfurion recruiting the Tauren chieftain to aid in the fight against the burning legion
    • Tauren - can also be friendly with the night elves based on their care for nature and generally peaceful mindset.

While these 3 races are on the horde, the deep night elven friendship with them (which the lore team can expound = seeing there is already basis for such to grow enormously) can cause a level of stability and faction balance both in Kalimdor and the broken isles, and while faction politics sometimes leads to conflict, the friendship can actually be a deterrent or force that works against the fighting or seeks to bring resolution to their warring friends.

Finally the Dracthyr - they could be made good friends of the night elves (and nightborne), feeling a lot akin to them amongst all the other races and thus developing more)
    And the Kaldorei should send them the heads of all the Diplomats they send.
    All three races helped the Horde after the genocide. They are no longer to be seen as friends.

PS: Remember that this is WoW. Logica jumped out the window. You have to think about the capital that gives space to more Cool moments and a lore with more personality. Even if it's just the poorly executed concept.
    Last edited by geco; 2023-04-28 at 12:30 AM.