Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Of course the Patriots would be the team to draft both as kicker and a punter. Might as well go long snapper with one of their remaining picks.
    Haha I just saw that info a bit ago, how weird. Doesn't even seem like that was the best Punter from college either.

- - - Updated - - -

Saints traded Trautman to the Broncos along with a 7th rounder to get a pick in the 6th. Glad to see him gone, though I am curious what the Saints intend to do at TE. Juwan Johnson I feel is on the rise after a really solid '22. Unless they plan to use Taysom Hill more at TE (and I hope not, he needs to be all over the place) that means they got a bit of a hole there now.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2023-04-29 at 08:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Of course the Patriots would be the team to draft both as kicker and a punter. Might as well go long snapper with one of their remaining picks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Patriots took a punter and a kicker. Bold strategy Cotton.
    We have no punter on the roster and our kicker (Nick Folk) is 38 and reliable as long as it;s under like 48 yards. He can't do kickoffs anymore either, and cost us points when they made him do it at the end of the season.

The good news is our Long Snapper is a navy guy who did tasks to promote the navy and actual on base duties too for many years in the off season. He signed a contract to stay with the team not long ago and is the highest paid LS in the league. So we are not going for the trifecta in 1 draft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Saints traded Trautman to the Broncos along with a 7th rounder to get a pick in the 6th. Glad to see him gone, though I am curious what the Saints intend to do at TE. Juwan Johnson I feel is on the rise after a really solid '22. Unless they plan to use Taysom Hill more at TE (and I hope not, he needs to be all over the place) that means they got a bit of a hole there now.
    AT Perry at 195 is a steal and I'm glad to see Trautman gone so it's all good from where I'm standing.

I like our draft, only one I'm not sold on is Kendre Miller, I think he's a good player but I'm not sure about fit/need considering who we already have.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    AT Perry at 195 is a steal and I'm glad to see Trautman gone so it's all good from where I'm standing.

I like our draft, only one I'm not sold on is Kendre Miller, I think he's a good player but I'm not sure about fit/need considering who we already have.
    I'm a bit miffed on the RB pick as well, since the Saints got Jamaal Williams from Detroit it gives them a good backup RB already. But Kamara's stats have dipped in the past year or two and he catches a lot less passes now too, so some more juice from the RB position might not be bad thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots pick 12 times and end up without a single OT or TE. Especially the TE is weird cause this draft class was loaded with them.

But, pretty happy with where we ended up, probably look around the bargain bin after the draft to see who shakes loose when teams make their roster moves after they bring draftees in, but for the most part this roster seems set.

That's a funny take on it. I didn't realize Hurts played defense when his team gave up a 5 minute field goal drive to seal the game. You do realize that Hurts tied the game on his last real possession (not counting a desperation 6 second left pass as the final play). I think Hurts hung with Mahomes just fine.
    I would take this a step further and say if not for that horrific fumble, Hurts outplayed Mahomes. If he didn't have that one play it would have been one of if not the singular best Super Bowl performance by a QB ever, Mahomes on the other hand had under 200 yards passing.

10+ Year Old Account
    From a tweet:

Josh Allen
    Joe Burrow
    Justin Herbert
    Lamar Jackson**
    Trevor Lawrence
    Patrick Mahomes
    Aaron Rodgers
    Tua Tagovailoa
    Deshaun Watson
    Russel Wilson

3 of those will guaranteed miss the playoffs, and more if the Steelers, Titans, Raiders or Patriots (recent playoff teams) make it.

Pretty bonkers.

EDIT: **missed him in my initial post and was wondering why I only got to 9 guys when there should be 10.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2023-04-30 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    I would take this a step further and say if not for that horrific fumble, Hurts outplayed Mahomes. If he didn't have that one play it would have been one of if not the singular best Super Bowl performance by a QB ever, Mahomes on the other hand had under 200 yards passing.
    Hurts certainly had a great game bit I'm not going to call it anywhere close to the singular best performance by a QB in a super bowl lmao. Most of the top QB performances in SB history ended in blow outs so the stats where not being padded in the 4th, and don't get me started on how laughable it is to hype up a rushing TD record when 2 of them where TDs any fan in the stands could of scored behind a Kelce block and 3 players pushing you in.

Just stat watching like it's fantasy football and claiming Hurts out played Mahomes is silly. Mahomes made the plays he had to make to get them in position to win the game and had 0 turnovers. Hurts played the game of his life but still had a turnover. Clutch is more important than stat padding in big games, Mahomes wins in that regard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    From a tweet:

Josh Allen
    Joe Burrow
    Justin Herbert
    Trevor Lawrence
    Patrick Mahomes
    Aaron Rodgers
    Tua Tagovailoa
    Deshaun Watson
    Russel Wilson

3 of those will guaranteed miss the playoffs, and more if the Steelers, Titans, Raiders or Patriots (recent playoff teams) make it.

Pretty bonkers.
    Well four of them missed last year so not too bonkers.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Well four of them missed last year so not too bonkers.
    Going to go out on a limb and say the same ones don't make it again.

Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    I would say Marshawn Lynch, which is still almost a decade ago at this point.
    yeah, but the Bills drafted Marshawn and it blew up their team (this was before the rookie contract limits). And then the Seahawks got him for very little investment, even to their cap.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    As meaningless as the first round is, the last few rounds are WAY more so. The odds of a 5-7th round pick being a starter are super low. If you get three starters out of a draft you’ve done well.
    It depends heavily on position. https://www.spotrac.com/news/where-n...e-drafted-902/

I wouldn't exactly call upwards of 10% odds on some of those positions super low, it's lower than the early rounds ofc but there is a ton of value in those picks and in UDFA scouting and that separates the good front offices from the great ones. QB and LT are the biggest outliers because every team needs a QB and LT at bare minimum to have a functioning offense so those positions are valued at a premium, you aren't likely to find a starter there in the later rounds as both will have runs on them start in the early first but ton of potential with less valued positions.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-04-30 at 05:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    EDIT: **missed him in my initial post and was wondering why I only got to 9 guys when there should be 10.
    Oh, in that case FIVE of them missed the playoffs this year.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean if the Falcons wanted to emulate recent Super Bowl winners they'd have traded for Lamar Jackson, period.

Instead they're clearly trying to emulate the Titans. Which makes sense because that's where Arthur Smith coached before becoming the Falcon's HC. Which is predicated on "bruising RB and a QB that makes the necessary throws to adequate but not great WRs."

Honestly the problem for both these teams is you need either great WRs or a great QB to make that formula work and neither have either.
    The Lamar to Atlanta hype train had no teeth. He was never coming to Atlanta nor the falcons going to sacrifice what it would have taken to get him to Atlanta. There were too many holes to fill for Lamar to be a Falcon.

So you are telling me that a skilled position group of
    London
    Pitts
    Robinson
    Patterson
    Allgeier
    won't be dynamic?

Nah dude that Lamar ship never left port and was never going to happen after the Ravens threw him his extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Nah dude that Lamar ship never left port and was never going to happen after the Ravens threw him his extension.
    Never left port? The hell are you talking about. Teams had over a month to talk with him as he was exclusive tagged. Considering how hard the Falcons went after Watson why would they not at least have talked to Jackson? Never left port? Give me a break.

Never left port? The hell are you talking about. Teams had over a month to talk with him as he was exclusive tagged. Considering how hard the Falcons went after Watson why would they not at least have talked to Jackson? Never left port? Give me a break.
    Of course, they talked to him. The price was too steep and the draft picks to give up for him would have been too much. Been a few months since the Falcons moved on but the national media wouldn't put it to rest even after they said they were sticking with Ridder. Lamar would have been awesome and put butts in the seats, but the Falcons fans would be sitting through another 7-9 seasons or worse missing the playoffs with a defense bottom in the league with very little in the draft this year, next, and more than likely the one after.

https://sports.yahoo.com/prosecutors...225211550.html

So who's gonna be the first team to bite this?

It's only gonna get riper from here.................

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotBigzo View Post
    https://sports.yahoo.com/prosecutors...225211550.html

So who's gonna be the first team to bite this?

It's only gonna get riper from here.................
    Doubt anyone will. He's just a punter and he's been out of football for years. Plenty of players without that baggage.

Broncos have at least 4 prime time games, guess the schedule makers didn't learn their lesson.

Saints got two road Thursday nighters, that's fucking fun.