Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Whats that place called, in the Broken isles, the one which was corrupted, that place, uncorrupt it, be funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    hear me out.

in some expansion we visit the moon, which is basically Elune herself.
    that's where we will BUILD the new NE capital.

see, the night elves so far have been gathering and shaping timber without cutting down trees,
    and they now teach everyone these magical logging and woodworking techniques.

which we will use to gather and make things to help in the pre-patch "war effort" of building their new capital. on elune/moon.
    you know, mostly raw wood, but also ...furniture. because guess what...? housing. and of course wooden weapons.

the sky dome of the city will be amazing. we will be looking down on Azeroth's shattered outland-like back side, caused from Azeroth-titan's birth.

10+ Year Old Account
    There actually isn't such an issue with the capital being on the Dragon Isles. First, not all Night Elves will live in it. Not all NE lived in Darnassus. Many, if not most, lived elsewhere: Darkshore, Ashenvale, Feralas, Stonetalon, Felwood, Hyjal, etc... We can assume most will still leave there. Secondly, being away from their ancestral lands isn't so terrible. Stormwind is far away from the ancestral lands of the humans - every single other human kingdom is far to the north. They're very isolated. Bear in mind many of their population are Lordaeron refugees. Orcs are obviously far away from Draenor, same for Draenei, Blood Elves are far away from Kalimdor, and Goblins from Kezan. Many WoW races are displaced from their ancestral home.

Having said that, I've been a NE fan since 2004 when I discovered Warcraft. My main is a nelf druid. I love them. If the new capital isn't on Kalimdor I'll cry, for all the obvious reasons other people have said above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Just the undead.

That's your narrative. Mine is different.
    I'm not saying it's the most reasonalbe action, but it isn't unfeasible nor unrealistic, it happens. HTe nightborne jjoining the horde was not the most feasible option, joining the night elves was, but they could have made a different choice, a dn in end up that they did.

The blood elves became friends with the orcs, trolls and undead all of which waged war with them and the last one annihilating them totally and yet here we are, again that was not the most reasonable and likely outcome, but it was not impossible.

You do realise I'm not here to justify blizzard's choices just to point out they are feasible and do make a sense. None of those are choices i would have chosen for them if i had set the story up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Apply that bullshit to the word "Holocaust."
    Yes, but not every holocaust survivor hates every German. Nazis, the Nazi regime and their ideology yes.

And even hated enemies can become friends, and forgiveness can happen too when one is truly sorry, even amongst the greatest enemies.

It is not beyond reason or feasibility for this to occur here, and certainly not for the night elves given their racial character. Neither does doing so make them weak or terrible, it actually shows strength and wisdom under the right conditions. Remember I'm not proposing how a friendship shoudl develo. The feasibility of it will dependo n the content of the process.. i.e. how it is written, I'm merely pointing out there is a basis already and material to draw form to build a stronger tie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Let's see, maybe the problem is that races don't usually have a nation in WoW.

We are not going to blame all Taurens for the crimes of "Thunder Bluff" But we are going to blame the government of "Thunder Bluff" for the crimes it committed.

The Kaldorei should not trade with or be friends with "Thunder Bluff".
    But with the Tauren X people. No problem.

Same for all Horde races.
    Even that blizzard never specifics. But yes, the races are actually more like nations or what we call factions. and the playable ones are never the only faction of that race in the world, just the one focused on the adventure.

I think worgen might be the only race where all the race is a member of the faction. [I haven't chosen any allied races because every single one of them are factions and sub races of a main race in the game, apart from Vulpera - and by Vulpera are not some united nation that all gathered to join the horde, going by the story, many of them have, not all the Vulpera in existece)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Let's see, maybe the problem is that races don't usually have a nation in WoW.

We are not going to blame all Taurens for the crimes of "Thunder Bluff" But we are going to blame the government of "Thunder Bluff" for the crimes it committed.

The Kaldorei should not trade with or be friends with "Thunder Bluff".
    But with the Tauren X people. No problem.

Same for all Horde races.
    I sort of view it a bit like Ironhoof's response here

I expect more than angry lashing out from a high priestess and an ancient people renowned for wisdom, high intelligence and benevolence, and with the track record to prove it. The legion is one thing, they aren't people, and it's an entire race hellbent on destruction, complete destruction, the horde is a far more complex and nuanced thing
    Last edited by Mace; 2023-05-01 at 01:12 PM.

Darkshore would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Darkshore would be sweet.
    I think Darkshore should have been the place as it was the final conclusion to the Battle for Darkshore arc.
    The night elf arc in BFA, post Teldrassil, just felt pointless because when they won Darkshore, the elves just left the forest and moved to Hyjal.

Rebuild Mathystra and in it's centre would be a new Temple of Elune, similar in design to that of Darnassus' Temple or Isildien's Temple.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post

I expect more than angry lashing out from a high priestess and an ancient people renowned for wisdom, high intelligence and benevolence, and with the track record to prove it. The legion is one thing, they aren't people, and it's an entire race hellbent on destruction, complete destruction, the horde is a far more complex and nuanced thing
    That's why I remark. Baien and the Tauren leaders agreed to attack Teldrazzil and destroy its forests for years.

Carl the Tauren florist. It's not his fault. All good with Carl he can come whenever he wants. But Baien and friends stay away from the Kaldorei woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    I think Darkshore should have been the place as it was the final conclusion to the Battle for Darkshore arc.
    The night elf arc in BFA, post Teldrassil, just felt pointless because when they won Darkshore, the elves just left the forest and moved to Hyjal.

Rebuild Mathystra and in it's centre would be a new Temple of Elune, similar in design to that of Darnassus' Temple or Isildien's Temple.
    Don’t think that’s a good reason. The battle for Darkshore was a poorly conceived token in the first place following the events.

And even if it happened, it shouldn’t have ended there either.

However,, it could be a location true. Anywhere night elven can be. Which means any of the 17 night elven zones in Nirrhern Kalimdor, Western KAlimdor, the Broken Isles, Naz’jatar and Crystalsong Forest.

Off course they can choose a new location but it would have to fit the night elf vibe luke Arden Weald does, not another race’s vibe such as Gilneas that really is 100% human

Don’t think that’s a good reason. The battle for Darkshore was a poorly conceived token in the first place following the events.

And even if it happened, it shouldn’t have ended there either.

However,, it could be a location true. Anywhere night elven can be. Which means any of the 17 night elven zones in Nirrhern Kalimdor, Western KAlimdor, the Broken Isles, Naz’jatar and Crystalsong Forest.

Off course they can choose a new location but it would have to fit the night elf vibe luke Arden Weald does, not another race’s vibe such as Gilneas that really is 100% human
    It has to be on Kalimdor and around the W3 Night Elf areas. That was the biggest outcry from night elf fans and why night elf fans are annoyed now.

Ashenvale, Darkshore, Hyjal - this is what the night elf fanbase was screaming about.

It has to be on Kalimdor and around the W3 Night Elf areas. That was the biggest outcry from night elf fans and why night elf fans are annoyed now.

Ashenvale, Darkshore, Hyjal - this is what the night elf fanbase was screaming about.
    As a night elf fan, it just has to be in a night elf zone.. tha'ts the main thing.

Night elf fans ofc don't want to lose any of the night elf zones, but you can only have a capital in one zone, and any night elf designed zone will do. Most think northern kalimdor because they think that will ensure night elves control the region, but that's a deception as it's devs story telling direction that determines who has what..the capital ccoudl be in outer space and it won't change anything unless the devs write it so.. meanwhile it could be at the heart off kalimdor andnight elves could have nothing but that..

What would piss most fans off is if the new night elf capital was say in Gilneas or a human land or any non-night elven race

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameonna View Post
    Maybe because they lost their aspects powers, you know? Thats the thing you are doing in Dragonflight...
    So the night elves have a seed from shadowlands that can be planted to create a new world tree. dont they still need a titan's blessing to regain their immortality? that renders the point of planting the seed in dragon islands moot, since they still need dragons to regain their aspectral power to bless the tree. once the dragons have their aspectral power back, they can just bless Nordrassil instead of baby-sitting another world tree.

And also, another point to bring, is that why would night elves plant the seed in a place far away from their society where it cannot be defended by their people. One would think that such important seed would be planted at the heart of a nation's borders, where they can defend it to the best of their abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamevizier View Post
    So the night elves have a seed from shadowlands that can be planted to create a new world tree. dont they still need a titan's blessing to regain their immortality? that renders the point of planting the seed in dragon islands moot, since they still need dragons to regain their aspectral power to bless the tree. once the dragons have their aspectral power back, they can just bless Nordrassil instead of baby-sitting another world tree.

And also, another point to bring, is that why would night elves plant the seed in a place far away from their society where it cannot be defended by their people. One would think that such important seed would be planted at the heart of a nation's borders, where they can defend it to the best of their abilities.
    I don't think the goal is to reclaim their immortality, it seems to have something to do with the dead nelf souls from Teldrassil. But I agree it's weird that they're sticking it in the DI.
    Twas brillig

Oh, or use it to restore Felwood

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Feralas would do as well.

Great zone for future night elf stuff.

Slap it right in the middle of Lordaeron and cleanse it of the goo.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    I don't think the goal is to reclaim their immortality, it seems to have something to do with the dead nelf souls from Teldrassil. But I agree it's weird that they're sticking it in the DI.
    I think the tree we see in DF could be used for something else than the capital. It could be used to reincarnate thousands of dead night elves as a miracle provided by Elune. It would reaffirm their faith.

The ruins of Auberdine.

It remains close to the original location which should not be abandoned and serves as an excellent spot to establish ferry communication to it and to Azuremist for connections to the draenei. Being a harbor town it also retains both its and Darnassus former naval capacity and connection to other important holdings such as Feathermoon in Feralas.
    It would be able to supply Astranaar and its surroundings by land leaving only Felwood and Hyjal without direct lines assuming the elves can't copy the Tauren and learn to make some great lifts.

It also makes for a natural starting point for the alliance for any future westward expeditions or expansions rather than having to go to Stormwind to set out past Kalimdor.

I'm also very much up for rebuilding it on top of the ashes of old Darnassus as it would be symbolize both the current "renewal" and their old tenacity.

As a night elf fan, it just has to be in a night elf zone.. tha'ts the main thing.

Night elf fans ofc don't want to lose any of the night elf zones, but you can only have a capital in one zone, and any night elf designed zone will do. Most think northern kalimdor because they think that will ensure night elves control the region, but that's a deception as it's devs story telling direction that determines who has what..the capital ccoudl be in outer space and it won't change anything unless the devs write it so.. meanwhile it could be at the heart off kalimdor andnight elves could have nothing but that..
    Or it's because those zones are where Blizzard officially brought night elves into their one of their games.

Places like Azsuna, that didn't even exist at the time of W3 coming out, don't compare to that of Ashenvale and Hyjal. Indeed, even Felwood and those glades hold more to Kaldorei fans and the thing is, is Blizzard have never given races more than 4 zones as "starter" based areas.

Night Elves had 3 zones from Teldrassil, Darkshore and Ashenvale. Some races only had 2 like the Orcs, Dwarves and Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh, or use it to restore Felwood
    Well that's possible, but it's only dependent on whether Blizzard remembers their own lore.

In W3, Malfurion tells Tyrande that he fears that the Felwood Glade had been scarred permanently.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2023-05-02 at 06:33 PM.

Or it's because those zones are where Blizzard officially brought night elves into their one of their games.

Places like Azsuna, that didn't even exist at the time of W3 coming out, don't compare to that of Ashenvale and Hyjal. Indeed, even Felwood and those glades hold more to Kaldorei fans and the thing is, is Blizzard have never given races more than 4 zones as "starter" based areas.

Night Elves had 3 zones from Teldrassil, Darkshore and Ashenvale. Some races only had 2 like the Orcs, Dwarves and Forsaken.
    Same devs who worte nighte lves as having all of kalimdor, and worte them abroken isles zones and naz'jatar too and cyrstal song forest etc - they detemrine these things.. mdo recall the night elf origin story did not come after WC3, it came with it, i.e. they designed this for them from the start as part of their race.

Azsuna did exist in the form of Suramar, Azsuna is jut part of Suramar country , as is Val'sharah.. the names of the zone and their design did not come till legion ofc, but they are all part of Suramar country, a night elven province with a capital of the same name. In War of the ancients, neither hte forest nor the rest of the country and

Same devs who worte nighte lves as having all of kalimdor, and worte them abroken isles zones and naz'jatar too and cyrstal song forest etc - they detemrine these things.. mdo recall the night elf origin story did not come after WC3, it came with it, i.e. they designed this for them from the start as part of their race.

Azsuna did exist in the form of Suramar, Azsuna is jut part of Suramar country , as is Val'sharah.. the names of the zone and their design did not come till legion ofc, but they are all part of Suramar country, a night elven province with a capital of the same name. In War of the ancients, neither hte forest nor the rest of the country and
    But the time period of Blizzard's writing; Azsuna didn't exist. W3 - it wasn't there.

That's why a Broken Isles/Suramar Warfront would have been pointless because Night Elf fans would have said; "what about Ashenvale" because I would say most night elf fans are reasonable and know they can't have everything that has a night elf building.

The reason for the current uproar is exactly the reasons that I'm saying. Night Elf fans want northern Kalimdor. Anything else is an extra bonus, but an actual night elf home and new starter zone...it's Northern Kalimdor.