Thread: Genshin Impact

FINALLY cleared Simulated World stage 3.
    Everyone died against Gepard and only had Natasha alive...Natasha...and clutched a win.
    Here is achievement

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I like how the game is more challenging than GI, but I'm guessing that won't last.
    But the difficulty is only stats based. There is next to no skill involved in the fights. You have a builder, a spender and an ultimate. You can't defend or use items or change stances or whatever, you are basically set in the way you have to fight. The only choice is (limited because of weaknesses) target prioritization but thats it.
    What detemines your success is RNG and your power level. Thats a bit disappointing.

And i guess that is why they designed their autobattle algoriothm rather badly (always uses strongest attack no matter what) because you could easily automate the fights in a way that you would never have to manually play.

Aside from that i don't really like the elemental weakness mechanic.
    It makes it really hard to use certain characters (i got Seele but her element is so rarely used that she is rarely used) and it makes it difficult to build meta teams (build a dot team around Sampo. Boss is not weak to wind so sampo has to go, whole dot team falls apart). On the other hand basically every boss and elite is vulnerable to Imagination so that if you happen to have Welt you basically have to have him in every team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    And i guess that is why they designed their autobattle algoriothm rather badly (always uses strongest attack no matter what) because you could easily automate the fights in a way that you would never have to manually play.
    That is kind of the point, ofc manual control is superior because you can actually abuse all kinds of combinations and turn order manipulations. You make it sound very simplistic, but like every turn based game, the limited abilities is compensated by combos, turn order abuse and counters.

Auto combat is mostly for the daily crap that you can do with your eyes closed.

They won't make game hard, it's pretty much Genshin spec through and through. Memory is like Abyss and is set in a way that every random Timmy will be able to at least 1 star it. And SU I cleared all of it already including difficulty 2 for W3/4 and I don't expect difficulty 2 for W4/5 or Difficulty 3 for all to be any different.

But I whaled pretty solidly, so I'm practically living in the future power-curve wise.

Now for F2P - this game will probably remain challenging for some time, because it takes a lot of time to build team without pulling and burning jade on mats/relics.

But the difficulty is only stats based. There is next to no skill involved in the fights. You have a builder, a spender and an ultimate. You can't defend or use items or change stances or whatever, you are basically set in the way you have to fight. The only choice is (limited because of weaknesses) target prioritization but thats it.
    What detemines your success is RNG and your power level. Thats a bit disappointing.

It makes it really hard to use certain characters (i got Seele but her element is so rarely used that she is rarely used) and it makes it difficult to build meta teams (build a dot team around Sampo. Boss is not weak to wind so sampo has to go, whole dot team falls apart). On the other hand basically every boss and elite is vulnerable to Imagination so that if you happen to have Welt you basically have to have him in every team.
    I disagree.
    The story mode is obvioulsy not hard enough to make a difference.
    But you can do a lot in SU while being underleveled.
    There are specific timings where you want to break a character, and sometimes you don't want to break a character.

It's a typical turn based moveset, so the choices are obviously limited but not as bland as you just laid them out.
    It starts with the correct turn order (so you have to adjust speed stats on your toons) and ends with a proper skill point economy and there is everything in between.
    There are buffs and debuffs to grant and cleanse and so on and so forth.

Not sure what kind of "skill" you are looking for though.
    Is it somehow less skillful to play than Genshin? I doubt that.

What do you mean you can't "defend" btw. What are skills for?
    That's your defence.
    Do I spent the skillpoint offensively, or defensively?
    Do I taunt the boss? or do I use a heal? Or do I break the boss and cancel the attack? Do I dispell my DPS or dispell my tank first? etc. etc.
    Do I use a skill now or do I move with the next character in the cycle, do I forsake the energy on my DPS or do I prepare the healer so that she gets her ultimate ready for the next big AoE/Cleave. Yada yada bla-blub.

The skill is obviously not about being able to press a button. It's about being able to decide when you want to use the skills and plan ahead.
    Just like how Arknights is all about planning and executing that plan with the correct timings... and not about how "neatly" you press your mousebutton and drag a unit onto a tile so that it starts doing something.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2023-05-02 at 10:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

This is true skill tho:
    https://streamable.com/8m4hou

But yeah this is main reason i stay away from SR is due to how it limits you to specific character stats. Content later will have a powercreep issues, because in genshin you can at least use characters in support role, but in that game you just cant do that as its a wasted turn.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    But yeah this is main reason i stay away from SR is due to how it limits you to specific character stats. Content later will have a powercreep issues, because in genshin you can at least use characters in support role, but in that game you just cant do that as its a wasted turn.
    That's just not true.
    The game doesn't play out like you think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Not sure what kind of "skill" you are looking for though.
    Is it somehow less skillful to play than Genshin? I doubt that.

What do you mean you can't "defend" btw. What are skills for?
    That's your defence.
    Do I spent the skillpoint offensively, or defensively?
    Do I taunt the boss? or do I use a heal? Or do I break the boss and cancel the attack? Do I dispell my DPS or dispell my tank first? etc. etc.
    Do I use a skill now or do I move with the next character in the cycle, do I forsake the energy on my DPS or do I prepare the healer so that she gets her ultimate ready for the next big AoE/Cleave. Yada yada bla-blub.

The skill is obviously not about being able to press a button. It's about being able to decide when you want to use the skills and plan ahead.
    Just like how Arknights is all about planning and executing that plan with the correct timings... and not about how "neatly" you press your mousebutton and drag a unit onto a tile so that it starts doing something.
    I mean that when i look at other turn based RPGs like Final Fantasiy, The Trails of ... Series and such you have plenty of options per turn. Every character has multiple skills, summons, morphs, items they can use, there are games with backlines where positioning is important, all that stuff. Starrail has nothing. You just have to decide what 2 chars will use their skill so the other two have to do basic attack.
    Even something simple as having a low hp char take a defensive stance is not in the game. Yes some characters have taunts but if you happen to not have one in the team thats not an option. In the end its just one of the two skills you can use every turn.

And as for "Or do I break the boss and cancel the attack?", since you can't really stack up damage i find that rarely doable at will. The most you can do is save up action points and ults but even then only the chars with the right element can break the boss/the part of the boss and thats usually not more than one or two.

Sorry i don't see the tactic or the planning. And i think i have done of the "difficult" content in the game and i haven't spend a dime.
    I think there is some planing in setting up and equipping your team but even that gets disrupted by the damage vulnerabilites of the bosses.

I like the story, i like the looks, i like the characters and the dialogs. But the combat...

And yes, Genshin is, of course, really easy, too but at least it feels as if i'm actually doing something, at least i have to run around, evade attacks, switchs characters and stuff, Starrail seems so much more on rails (no pun intended), especially since turn-based strategy doesn't have to be.
    Last edited by Yriel; 2023-05-02 at 05:42 PM.

Got Ganyu as the 5th 5*star character in a row without losing the 50/50 as a complete 100% f2p, & ... 5 wishes later got Tighnari, having again 100% guarantee on probably next fontaine character, now is almost 3 years without Mona...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzembwamugumbwalchu View Post
    Got Ganyu as the 5th 5*star character in a row without losing the 50/50 as a complete 100% f2p, & ... 5 wishes later got Tighnari, having again 100% guarantee on probably next fontaine character, now is almost 3 years without Mona...
    So next 4 50:50 are gona be loss then. Saving here for Kirara tho...
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I mean that when i look at other turn based RPGs like Final Fantasiy, The Trails of ... Series and such you have plenty of options per turn. Every character has multiple skills, summons, morphs, items they can use, there are games with backlines where positioning is important, all that stuff. Starrail has nothing. You just have to decide what 2 chars will use their skill so the other two have to do basic attack.
    Even something simple as having a low hp char take a defensive stance is not in the game. Yes some characters have taunts but if you happen to not have one in the team thats not an option. In the end its just one of the two skills you can use every turn.
    Dos II has a very complex turn based combat
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I don't know about the Trails series, I believe that has more layers, but I hardly see a difference to Final Fantasy tbh.
    In fact I'd say this game is Honkai Fantasy. The gameplay and complexity is pretty much identical.

But once again, you describe things way simpler than they actually are. "you decide what 2 chars use their skill and who doesn't" - well "duh" but it's not like it's a one dimensional way of deciding that (i.e. "this character deals more damage than that one, so I use his skill).
    There is still planing ahead required, i.e. making room for skill points to dispell characters or to proceed breaking Bronya so she doesn't advance forward Cocolia and wipe your team.
    So I disagree once more when you say that you can't set up things and that you can't stack up or prepare break effects at the proper time to disable certain boss abilities that will eventually wipe you/deal heavy damage to your team.
    You most definitely can and actually do.

It's not 3d chess... but it's not like "me go boom with character 1" either.
    Otherwise people wouldn't struggle so hard to clear stuff that others are able to beat with the same characters easily.

But yes, the game can be beaten in autobattle (even SU) so there is that - but there is a reason why I played me first W6 clear manually.
    An autobattler isn't much different.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2023-05-02 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Dos II has a very complex turn based combat
    Yes and no. The thought put into builds is nice but unless you're playing solo build you only have enough points for one maybe two spells per turn. Makes it very formulaic

Hmm, fights are going to always be easier if you can consistently break enemies but you can also have supports help with that so it's possible to bring a strong dps that doesn't match elements and rely on other units to break. Or just brute force the fight and do it without breaking, although that will obviously be harder when you're under-levelled.

The combat is somewhat simplistic, but there's also increasingly more mechanics to the fight so you have to start thinking about things like when to break and when not to, saving ults etc for certain abilities instead of just spamming them and so on. It's still not exactly rocket science, but it is more engaging than I thought it would be at first.

Simulated universe is also pretty fun with all the extra interactions from abilities you pick up etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how good Kaveh is. But that trial run was abysmal. It makes him out to be one of the worst characters. Then again, he pretty much requires a second dendro character. Someone to create the cores so his skill and burst can ignite them.

Got Selee, Clara, and Welt. Welt may look like a generic npc but dude is badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got Gepard and Yanqing, they seem to work together decently except for being the same element.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I don't know about the Trails series, I believe that has more layers, but I hardly see a difference to Final Fantasy tbh.
    In fact I'd say this game is Honkai Fantasy. The gameplay and complexity is pretty much identical.
    Well if i just take a loot at FF7 (i'm just in the middle of playing the remake), if i just look at one character, he multiple abilities he can use (like Steelskin or Focused Shot on Barret), has multiple spells they can use to buff, debuff, damage (in different elements) or heal, has multiple ultimates and can use a large number of items again to heal, revive, buff, debuff damage etc.). Plus in the remake they have different attack modes they can switch with different general effects (like Punisher Mode on Cloud). All that on one character, on each character.
    In Starrail one character can attack, has one skill and one ultimate. Thats it.

If you deem that identical then i don't know what to say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Got Selee, Clara, and Welt. Welt may look like a generic npc but dude is badass.
    Welt is great because of his damage type, basically every boss is vulnerable to it. I'd really like to have him, too.
    Last edited by Yriel; 2023-05-03 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Me... 0 care ....
    (even more when i hear rolling system is worse than genshin)

Even more when there is Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Expansion Pass -- Future Redeemed out on 25.04.2023...
    I m just wondering a bit. How is the roll system worse than genshin?
    Its the exact same system (75 soft pitty, 90 hard pitty and have to win 50/50 with the second pitty being guaranteed) except they ve also made some improvements. Like the fact that the first discount banner has 50 wishes instead of 20 and also guarantees a 5 star. Like the fact that after 300 pulls on base banner you get to pick a 5 star of your own. Like the fact that the weapon banner can guarantee the weapon in the same way that the char banner does and you dont need to potentially pitty 3 times.
    Also you can get 5 star weapons as F2P from activities and saving the star glitter equivalent.

Its fine if you dont like the game btw but saying the rolling system is worse when its the same plus objective upgrades is a bit disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Its the exact same system (75 soft pitty, 90 hard pitty and have to win 50/50 with the second pitty being guaranteed) except they ve also made some improvements. Like the fact that the first discount banner has 50 wishes instead of 20 and also guarantees a 5 star. Like the fact that after 300 pulls on base banner you get to pick a 5 star of your own. Like the fact that the weapon banner can guarantee the weapon in the same way that the char banner does and you dont need to potentially pitty 3 times.
    Also you can get 5 star weapons as F2P from activities and saving the star glitter equivalent.

Its fine if you dont like the game btw but saying the rolling system is worse when its the same plus objective upgrades is a bit disingenuous.
    it's like those people that spit on the comment of youtube videos but write "I didn't watch, but...." hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    The only negative thing i noticed is that the monthly pass is 5.99€ as opposed to 4.99€ in Genshin.