Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    If people dont play at this point then they never will.
    Nothing made this game more appealing. No new races or allied races. No change or hype around the story or lore. And its just more of the same of this exp pack so these discounts are not going to work for blizzard at all.

And giving Orcs pink hair is not going to push people toward this game right now if they think that this will do the trick.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2023-05-03 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    There was also the one that gave you extra Trader's Tenders and the free lvl 60 boost.
    I think other than the extra tender that everyone gets for buying the expansion there was also a free batch of tender for playing the specific month the trading post launched. I don't remember a free boost, though? I'm not doubting that there was one, I just don't remember it.

But, yes, there have been quite a number of sales and giveaways and promotions to attempt to convince people to just please, please, please buy the expansion. Despite the contortions of those who are somehow invested in not allowing others to gather the reality that DF has sold poorly, it's quite obvious that it did, indeed, sell poorly.

Oh, and good on you for not jumping through the hoops that were set before you. Everyone knows what's being talked about here, as evidenced by Jester Joe's initial post mentioning the free month sub, which they then suddenly claim we're only talking about 'sales'. The dishonesty of the people who have wrapped their self-identity up in the success of a video game that they play is staggering and amusing. I enjoy games I play when they're enjoyable and stop playing them when they're not. They're entertainment, not a life goal.

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    I think other than the extra tender that everyone gets for buying the expansion there was also a free batch of tender for playing the specific month the trading post launched. I don't remember a free boost, though? I'm not doubting that there was one, I just don't remember it.

But, yes, there have been quite a number of sales and giveaways and promotions to attempt to convince people to just please, please, please buy the expansion. Despite the contortions of those who are somehow invested in not allowing others to gather the reality that DF has sold poorly, it's quite obvious that it did, indeed, sell poorly.

Oh, and good on you for not jumping through the hoops that were set before you. Everyone knows what's being talked about here, as evidenced by Jester Joe's initial post mentioning the free month sub, which they then suddenly claim we're only talking about 'sales'. The dishonesty of the people who have wrapped their self-identity up in the success of a video game that they play is staggering and amusing. I enjoy games I play when they're enjoyable and stop playing them when they're not. They're entertainment, not a life goal.
    I don't mean to interrupt your own back patting on each other, but the phrase that started this was literally, and I quote-

"Good lord these discounts won't stop coming"

YOU moving the goalposts to fit your own motives and then try to gaslight to "win" is just insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    I wouldn't even play WoW now even if it's free. Bored of the game after 14 years.
    That's four more years than it took me to get burned out. Shadowlands was so boring, I actually stopped playing DURING Covid lockdowns, and Dragonflight looked worse, I didn't even touch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't mean to interrupt your own back patting on each other, but the phrase that started this was literally, and I quote-

"Good lord these discounts won't stop coming"

YOU moving the goalposts to fit your own motives and then try to gaslight to "win" is just insanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe
    There was two, as far as I remember.

A free month subscription, and now this.
    That was you, right? Bringing up non-money-sales, right? YOU were the one that started talking about things other than money-specific discounts.

And besides, who gives a good god damn about keeping it specific to money-only discounts. You're being pedantic to try to win some argument that DF has really and truly believe me guys sold well, honest, just ignore all these other things!

Oh, and you did miss the 20% discount and when I mentioned it you just handwaved it away as basically "not enough". So don't come at me with gaslighting charges when you're doing the heavy lifting of moving goalposts all over the place just to defend your precious. WoW is a game, you don't need to wrap your identity up in it's success. You can play it and have fun even if other people don't like it or think it's selling poorly.

That was you, right? Bringing up non-money-sales, right? YOU were the one that started talking about things other than money-specific discounts.

And besides, who gives a good god damn about keeping it specific to money-only discounts. You're being pedantic to try to win some argument that DF has really and truly believe me guys sold well, honest, just ignore all these other things!

Oh, and you did miss the 20% discount and when I mentioned it you just handwaved it away as basically "not enough". So don't come at me with gaslighting charges when you're doing the heavy lifting of moving goalposts all over the place just to defend your precious. WoW is a game, you don't need to wrap your identity up in it's success. You can play it and have fun even if other people don't like it or think it's selling poorly.
    This is pointless.

You're not only for some reason getting extremely condescending about this, but you're straight up lying at this point.

I never said DF sold well once, all I said was that the sales aren't some sign of the end of the world. And yes, the exact word used was SALES, not promotion, not deal, SALE. Meaning an actual discount on the game.

I only including the sub one that I knew of because another poster was so adamant that there had been so many sales on the game, when as far as I remembered there was only one. And then you pointed out there was another, so yes, that makes it two.

You can have fun all you want trying to argue about this, but there's a set definition for sale which is what was being discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    What improvements are you looking for?
    You know, while I can sustain boring and overtuned leveling, bad content/reward structure is ultimate problem. Doing WQs just to do advanced rep grinds - definitely isn't what I want to do in endgame. Dunno, how to explain this problem. What I usually want - is some motivation to play game. When I create new alt, I always ask the same question. For what purpose do I create him? Just for sake of leveling to max level or there is something interesting beyond it? Endless WQ/rep grinds - aren't right answer for this question.

Example of xpacks with good content/reward structure? WOD and Legion. For example Legion had great Class Hall campaigns, mission table was great addition, as it allowed to get both gold and reps without actually grinding WQs, plus daily calls were also great, as it was only mandatory daily content. And such content shouldn't put any pressure on me. No FOMO. Both short term and long term. That's why I prefer leveling and doing old content now. Leveling doesn't put any pressure on me and old content will always be there to do it. It's not obsoleted by release of next patch, that makes such things as rares unplayable, cuz they require groups or at least other players around.

Example of xpack with bad content/reward structure? BFA, SL. ZM for example. What can I do there? Grind anima? 1-1.5k/day rate is still way too low, so pointless to do. Cyphers? Pointless. Useful for gear upgrades only. Grind gear from dailies/WQ? Too much RNG there. Pointless. Grinding relics to buy Tier sets? They are ugly and aren't even BIS. And that's it. Nothing to do there.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2023-05-03 at 11:57 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

i'm waiting for them to give it away with a sub like the previous one before i check it out. if i decide to check it out that is.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

This one.

Unless it was already mentioned in the lineup. I only gave it a cursory glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    This one.
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/fAwhOD7.png[mg]
    Unless it was already mentioned in the lineup. I only gave it a cursory glance.
    That was for the free trial only for people who didn't have a level 60 so they could actually try the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

Dragonflight might sell more if they stopped using a tumblr scalie as the face of the expansion. Warcraft fans aren't interested in that.
    True and real

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    Why would I want to save 40% when I can save 100% not buying this crap? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    This guy knows its stuff maybe if they increase the drop chances of the old world stuff then maybe I can buy I have too many things I have missed over the years. what is the point of paying for stuff when you can't actually get it? right

Haven't we suffered enough ??

10+ Year Old Account
    "Hey player come and taste me for a dicount prize. Ill addict you for the rest of your life"

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    "Hey player come and taste me for a dicount prize. Ill addict you for the rest of your life"
    In all honesty have doubts about current WoW having addicting properties...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    In all honesty have doubts about current WoW having addicting properties...
    May you have right tbh. But past then aww it was brutal abduction