https://www.axios.com/2023/04/28/tru...ntial-election

What they're saying: Trump told ABC affiliate WMUR in New Hampshire, where he held a rally Thursday, that if elected again, he would "look at" a 15-week abortion ban proposed by Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) if it passed Congress.

He added that his campaign is "looking at a lot of different options."
    "We'll get something done where everyone is going to be very satisfied," he said.
    "I think we'll get it done on some level, it could be on different levels, but we're gonna get it done. I know the issue very well. I think I know the issue better than most and we will get that taken care of."
    Reminder: He doesn't understand the issue at all and hasn't since the first time he proposed criminal penalties for girls and women seeking abortion services back during his 2016 campaign.

Just a reminder about the risk for girls and women should people decide to vote for Republicans, at least Republican men.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.axios.com/2023/04/28/tru...ntial-election

Reminder: He doesn't understand the issue at all and hasn't since the first time he proposed criminal penalties for girls and women seeking abortion services back during his 2016 campaign.

Just a reminder about the risk for girls and women should people decide to vote for Republicans, at least Republican men.
    Trump can fuck off. They fought for it to go back to the states. Now they want it nationally. You know damn well its not going to stop at 15. If they get 15 they will then attempt to pass laws to shrink it until its nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Trump can fuck off. They fought for it to go back to the states. Now they want it nationally. You know damn well its not going to stop at 15. If they get 15 they will then attempt to pass laws to shrink it until its nothing.
    15 is already a disaster anyway. What even is their reasoning for 15? Viability at this point in time is at what, 23 weeks? And many of those babies don't make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    15 is already a disaster anyway. What even is their reasoning for 15? Viability at this point in time is at what, 23 weeks? And many of those babies don't make it.
    I thought maybe they'd taken the number from one of their neighbors. It looks like Mexico has 12 weeks for its limit and Canada varies between 12 and 24. Newfoundland hits the mark on 15 weeks so perhaps they believe they are the apex of human development; I can't blame them, I'm also a big fan of Trailer Park Boys.
    Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they just looked at all the other countries, noticed that they all sit between 12 and 24 weeks, and decided 15 was a nice round number.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I thought maybe they'd taken the number from one of their neighbors. It looks like Mexico has 12 weeks for its limit and Canada varies between 12 and 24. Newfoundland hits the mark on 15 weeks so perhaps they believe they are the apex of human development; I can't blame them, I'm also a big fan of Trailer Park Boys.
    Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they just looked at all the other countries, noticed that they all sit between 12 and 24 weeks, and decided 15 was a nice round number.
    Canada doesn't have any arbitrary standard on abortions under the law. No abortion regulations whatsoever, outside of standard medical malpractice and ethics stuff.

Abortions aren't generally offered past 24 weeks because at that point, the fetus is viable and we're either talking about special cases which are determined based on medical need, or we're in the territory of inducing birth to end the pregnancy rather than what's typically referred to as abortion.

Also, Trailer Park Boys is made and set in Nova Scotia, not Newfoundland.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Canada doesn't have any arbitrary standard on abortions under the law. No abortion regulations whatsoever, outside of standard medical malpractice and ethics stuff.

Abortions aren't generally offered past 24 weeks because at that point, the fetus is viable and we're either talking about special cases which are determined based on medical need, or we're in the territory of inducing birth to end the pregnancy rather than what's typically referred to as abortion.
    That makes sense, I'd just read the chart on Wikipedia. I've reread it and I wasn't sure how to interpret the number of providers initially but I'd guess the number of providers maps to the population, so something in the field of 80-85% of Canadians have access to abortions <24 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Also, Trailer Park Boys is made and set in Nova Scotia, not Newfoundland.
    i guess i'm not a real tpb fan
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2023-05-01 at 10:01 AM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    That makes sense, I'd just read the chart on Wikipedia. I've reread it and I wasn't sure how to interpret the number of providers initially but I'd guess the number of providers maps to the population, so something in the field of 80-85% of Canadians have access to abortions <24 weeks.
    That chart is about limits of capabilities, not legal limits. i.e. if a woman in Saskatchewan was 19 weeks along and needed an abortion for whatever reason, she would need to be transferred to a facility in a different province (Most likely BC or Ontario), because we simply don't have the staff and equipment needed.

Number of providers is just that. It's the number of facilities in the province that perform abortions.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Recent 150 year old law that went into effect once roe V. wade was overturned.
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/28/polit...ght/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/02/healt...ncy/index.html

The latest example of draconian Republican laws forcing women to endure physical and psychological suffering and trauma.

A Florida woman, unable to get an abortion in her state, carried to term a baby who had no kidneys.

Deborah Dorbert’s son Milo died in her arms on March 3, shortly after he was born, just as her doctors had predicted he would.

“He gasped for air a couple of times when I held him,” said Dorbert, 33. “I watched my child take his first breath, and I held him as he took his last one.”

She said her pregnancy was proceeding normally until November, when, at 24 weeks, an ultrasound showed that the fetus did not have kidneys and that she had hardly any amniotic fluid. Not only was the baby sure to die, her doctors told her, but the pregnancy put her at especially high risk of preeclampsia, a potentially deadly complication.

Her doctors told her it was too late to terminate the pregnancy in Florida, which bans nearly all abortions after 15 weeks. The only options were to go out of state to get an abortion or to carry the baby to full term, and Dorbert and her husband didn’t have the money to travel.
    Again, Republicans can resolve this problem to prevent girls and women from needlessly enduring physical and emotional/psychological suffering and trauma, they just choose not to. Almost as if the cruelty and suffering is the point.

This is essentially state-mandated torture at the cost to the victim.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    Recent 150 year old law that went into effect once roe V. wade was overturned.
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/28/polit...ght/index.html
    Jesus fucking Christ. They're really trying to use laws made from before 1900 to get rid of abortion throughout the entirety of the United States? I wish I could say "I can't believe it", but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if every Republican politician secretly ate babies, and the reason they're against abortion is because they want more babies to eat.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/poli...275017471.html

A Missouri Republican has offered legislation that would allow for women to be charged with murder if they get an abortion in the state.

The bill, sponsored by Sen. Mike Moon, an Ash Grove Republican, would give fetuses the same rights as human beings, which would allow for criminal charges to be filed against anyone who gets an abortion, helps someone get an abortion or provides abortion care.

The bill does not explicitly mention whether going out of state to get an abortion would be illegal. Abortions are still available at clinics close to the Missouri border in Kansas and Illinois, where the procedure remains legal.
    Once again the, "It's not about punishing women!" line from many Republicans continues to be a lie.

It does allow for a duress defense and does not allow for criminal charges if the abortion was performed to save the patient’s life or if a doctor accidentally aborts a fetus during a life-saving medical procedure on the pregnant person.
    At least there are a few qualifications, but the very basis of this bill is draconian and the exact kind of shit that Republicans keep proposing only to be reminded that it's wildly unpopular and just drives women away from the party.

Politically if Dems every hyper focused on woman's rights being taken away such as Republicans do with LGBTQ they would win likely 60% of all elections in the nation.

I always give Republicans being the most ruthless mofo's on this planet politically. Plus they can focus with billionaire money working behind the scenes on think tanks, focus groups, etc. that can find a narrative and attack it with gusto. It also helps they are very much a party that is monolithic with extreme religious views as a platform.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.kansascity.com/news/poli...275017471.html

Once again the, "It's not about punishing women!" line from many Republicans continues to be a lie.

At least there are a few qualifications, but the very basis of this bill is draconian and the exact kind of shit that Republicans keep proposing only to be reminded that it's wildly unpopular and just drives women away from the party.
    If the fetus has the same rights, the mother can claim it as a dependent and therefore get all of the rights and coverages, etc... that a regular citizen has yeah? And everything else that comes with it?

In before they start trying to make fetuses get jobs so they can pull themselves up by their own tiny bootstraps and start paying their taxes and contributing to society...or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    If the fetus has the same rights, the mother can claim it as a dependent and therefore get all of the rights and coverages, etc... that a regular citizen has yeah? And everything else that comes with it?

In before they start trying to make fetuses get jobs so they can pull themselves up by their own tiny bootstraps and start paying their taxes and contributing to society...or something.
    It actually starts bringing up a good question of "when does citizenry start'. If conseratives want to grant fetus' human status, then presumably once they gain human status they should also gain citizenship I'd think. Otherwise women are carrying illegal aliens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    It actually starts bringing up a good question of "when does citizenry start'. If conseratives want to grant fetus' human status, then presumably once they gain human status they should also gain citizenship I'd think. Otherwise women are carrying illegal aliens.
    Gotta keep your kid insured, right?
    I can't wait for insurance companies to be forced to cover a clump of cells or get sued.
    Red States Medicaid gonna be LIT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Per the Constitution, birth:
    "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Per the Constitution, birth:
    "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."
    Don't think Republicunts care about the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Don't think Republicunts care about the Constitution.
    There's one part of the Constitution they care about, since they mention it all the fucking time, though your point is well taken that it's not that bit. Mostly I was pointing out that "when does citizenry start" is actually an answered question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    There's one part of the Constitution they care about, since they mention it all the fucking time, though your point is well taken that it's not that bit. Mostly I was pointing out that "when does citizenry start" is actually an answered question.
    Based on the current MO of the Republican Party and their constituents, when one of the following are met:

1. You shoot someone -- to show your support for the Second Amendment.

2. You commit an insurrection -- to show your support for Fascism.

3. You cheer on the government punishing people for speaking out against the government -- To show your support for Big Government while advocating for smaller government.

Citizenry in the People's Republic of America comes with service....and that's service on your knees to Trump. Just ask Lindsey Graham.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

@DarkTZeratul @Captain N

When it comes down to it, they don’t really care about the Second Amendment much either except when they aren’t in power and for political points.

Bush Jr marched federal authorities into New Orleans to go door to door to take guns and Trump was on camera talking about taking guns without due process after the Vegas shooting.

If the Republicans actually secured power in the US where the will of the voters can safely be ignored, you could be bet they would take away guns quickly to avoid them being removed that way as well once you couldn’t legally remove them.

The closest they would do if they got power to that level to keeping it would be to do similar to how Nazi Germany did where they banned people with views they didn’t like from having guns but allowed those who they liked and were attacking that group to have them.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.