Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    eh i was starting to install the game but then i realised its only for people with an active subscription. oh well, guess i wont then. why on earth did i believe they were giving folks a free month is beyond me
    Just install the launcher and check if you got 7 days free.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    There's just so many better options for games that are better experiences overall versus the price you have to pay for a wow and I really do think within the next two years it's going to be fully free to play, it's already paid to win since you can buy tokens and just gear out from the fucking auction house so they might as well take the next step and actually make more money which is normally what happens when games go to free to play their revenue stream goes way up it just makes no sense at this point to keep it as a subscription based game.
    Everyone I know who has an inactive subscription was gifted 7 days.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    we’re offering returning World of Warcraft players with active Game Time or Subscription acces
    Everyone with an active account who didn't buy DF.
    That means if you don't have any gametime up you'll need to spend enough gold for a token (which can be done when loging into the game without any sub/time) or take one month sub.

It's not a 100% free trial.
    They handed out 14 days of gametime as well (at least that's what I got when I opened bnet).
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Here's the thing, I can assure you blizzard is doing fine on their profit from WoW, and doing these free trials costs them literally nothing.

Anyone who was going to buy DF without convincing has already done so, anyone on the fence might be convinced by it, and any purchase or resub will make this promotion worthwhile. They've already made dragonflight, they've already paid for it, aggressive advertising and promotions now are simply making as much out of it as possible. All of your issues with it and weird assumptions about how it indicates anything to do with WoW's success are ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Rayne View Post

7 days is nothing, they really need to go free to play at this point. There's just so many better options of games out there I'm not going to waste 7 days playing dragonflight when I have a lot of other things I can be playing that don't cost me a hundred bucks.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

please please come and play dragonflight xD

it's already paid to win since you can buy tokens and just gear out from the fucking auction house .
    No you can't? What are you even talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Doubt it. ESO retained it's sub model even after being acquired by MS. Granted it's a different monetization model but the only benefit from the pass is a tiny discount on shop items and even that only for consoles.
    It will make 0 sense to make a 13 euro sub granted for free in a 11 euro sub. Evem if they raise the pass to 20 it will still not make that much sense.
    If the game went f2p it would also be a disaster for everyone. Sub games are just a dramatically better model for everything
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post

- - - Updated - - -

If the game went f2p it would also be a disaster for everyone. Sub games are just a dramatically better model for everything
    Eh .. even as a strictly sub game WoW still has a shop that gets quite a bit of attention so unless going P2W, dramatically is a dramatic overstatement in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post

- - - Updated - - -

If you can pay real money above and beyond your subscription to make it easier to obtain anything in-game that is pay to progress faster/pay for privilege which is akin to pay to win. Blizzard was just clever how they implemented it so it would be an argument over whether it is or not because they knew people would argue over that, they aren't stupid.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

If you can pay real money above and beyond your subscription to make it easier to obtain anything in-game that is pay to progress faster/pay for privilege which is akin to pay to win. Blizzard was just clever how they implemented it so it would be an argument over whether it is or not because they knew people would argue over that, they aren't stupid.
    Makes you wonder how much of an impact B tokens had. Because it was very prolific to buy WoW gold on 3rd party sites before the tokens. I wonder if more people bought gold via tokens then 3rd parties before the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Rayne View Post

ah i think i know what the issue is. i do have the DF expansion but i do not have an active sub. so no free to play days received. oh well
    Last edited by Melius; 2023-05-05 at 04:09 PM.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

How can you do this, though? Buying crafted stuff requires currency you only get from actually doing the content.

Like what can you buy that's an advantage? There aren't even many worthwhile BoEs anymore. And they banned boosting communities.

It's not Shadowlands
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    This is a weird promotion, it's nearly six months since DF launched so who would have an active sub or gametime but not DF at this point in time?

For anyone that is not subbed but wanting to try DF I noticed that there was three days of free gametime in the gifts menu on the launcher.
    Wow classic players?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

It ends June 4. That is exactly one month.
    If you have a time token, use it and play Dragonflight for free.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    ah i think i know what the issue is. i do have the DF expansion but i do not have an active sub. so no free to play days received. oh well
    They did a free to play one a bit ago where anyone could play but that was only a week, and if you didnt have the expac you could only do the first zone and were locked to 60 like this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They handed out 14 days of gametime as well (at least that's what I got when I opened bnet).
    And I suspect I am left behind

well if i have to sub to try it out i'll give it a pass.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.