10+ Year Old Account

Patch 10.1 PTR Class Tuning Hotfixes – April 21

Patch 10.1 PTR Class Tuning Hotfixes – April 21
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    In addition to the class changes that were implemented in yesterday’s new PTR build, we’re making the following adjustments to classes on the Embers of Neltharion PTR today via hotfixes. These changes will all be in place before our Mythic Raid testing later today.

As always, we really appreciate your testing and feedback!

Death Knight
    Unholy
    • Fixed an issue with Gargoyle stutter casting when the cast time of Gargoyle Strike was lower than 1 second.
    • Gargoyle Strike damage reduced by 8%.
      • Developers’ note: Now that Gargoyle properly casts without stuttering when falling below 1 second cast times, we are reducing the damage of Gargoyle Strike to counter the extra casts.
    • Reaping damage bonus increased to 30% (was 25%).
    • Festering Wound damage increased by 10%.
    • Scourge Strike/Clawing Shadows damage increased by 15%.
    • Death Coil damage increased by 10%.
    • Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible: 2-Set Bonus has been adjusted – The duration of Death Dealer has been increased to 25 seconds (was 20 seconds).

Druid
    Balance
    • Starfall damage reduced by 5%.
    • Full Moons generated by Orbit Breaker now generate 80% Astral Power, in addition to its current effect.
    • Starfire now deals reduced damage beyond 8 targets. Starfire’s tooltip will be updated in a future patch.

Mage
    Arcane
    • Radiant Spark duration increased to 12 seconds (was 10 seconds).
    • Touch of the Magi duration increased to 12 seconds (was 10 seconds).
    • Arcane Blast damage increased by 10%.
    • Arcane Missiles damage increased by 8%.
    • Arcane Barrage damage increased by 8%.
    • Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible 2-Set Bonus has been adjusted – Arcane Surge’s spell damage increased by 10% (was 5%).
    • Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible 2-Set Bonus has been adjusted – Duration increased to 18 seconds (was 12 seconds).
    Fire
    • Pyroblast damage increased by 8%.
    • Fire Blast damage increased by 10%.
    • Fireball damage increased by 15%.
    • Scorch damage increased by 15%.
    • Improved Combustion now grants Mastery equal to 75% of your Critical Strike stat (was 50%).
    • Improved Scorch duration increased to 12 seconds (was 8 seconds).
    Frost
    • Glacial Assault damage increased by 20%.
    • Comet Storm damage increased by 10%.
    • Snowstorm’s Cone of Cold damage increased by 12% per stack (was 10%).
    • Frozen Orb damage increased by 8%.
    • Blizzard damage increased by 12%.
    • Brain Freeze now causes Flurry to deal 65% additional damage (was 50%).
    • Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible 2-Set Bonus has been adjusted – Flurry and Ice Lance damage is increased by 20% (was 15%).

Priest
    Holy
    • Dazzling Lights healing from Divine Image reduced by 50%.
    • Empowered Renew now only triggers when casting Renew.
    • Empowered Renew now causes Renew to instantly heal your target for 40% of its total periodic effect (was 10%).
    • Healing Chorus now causes Renew to increase the healing done by your next Circle of Healing by 2%, stacking up to 50 times (was 1%).
    Shadow
    • Psychic Link now causes your direct damage spells to inflict 30% of their damage on all other targets afflicted by your Vampiric Touch (was 40%).
    • Mastermind now increases the critical strike damage of Mind Blast, Mind Flay, Mind Spike, and Shadow Word: Death by 20%/40% (was 13%/25%).

Shaman
    Elemental
    • Lava Surges triggered by Primordial Surge increase the damage of your next Lava Burst by 15% (was 25%).
    • Primordial Surge’s damage bonus is no longer reduced in PvP combat.
    • Lava Burst damage increased by 12%. Does not affect PvP combat.
    • Elemental Blast damage increased by 6%. Does not affect PvP combat.
    • Earth Shock damage increased by 6%. Does not affect PvP combat.
    • Lightning Bolt damage increased by 6%. Does not affect PvP combat.

Additional Changes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes

• Rogue
      • Outlaw
        • Fixed an issue that caused the Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible 4-Set Bonus to deal less damage than intended.
    • Shaman
      • Enhancement
        • Vault of the Incarnates 4-Set Bonus has been adjusted – Consuming Maelstrom Weapon stacks increases your Haste by 1% per stack for 3 seconds (was 4 seconds).

Items and Rewards

• Algeth’ar Puzzle Box (Trinket) on-use effect duration has been increased to 30 seconds (was 20 seconds) and its Mastery bonus has been decreased by 38%.
    • Furious Ragefeather (Trinket) damage decreased by 10%.

Player Versus Player

• Classes
      • Demon Hunter
        • Havoc
          • Fel Lance (PvP Talent) damage increased to 10% of target’s max health (was 6%).
      • Rogue
        • Dismantle (PvP Talent) energy cost reduced to 15 (was 25).
        • Death from Above (PvP Talent) energy cost reduced to 15 (was 25). Damage bonus increased to 15% (was 10%).
        • Outlaw
          • Combat Stamina now increases Stamina by 15% (was 5%) in PvP combat only.
          • Take Your Cut (PvP Talent) duration increased to 12 seconds (was 8 seconds).
          • Turn the Tables (PvP Talent) duration increased to 12 seconds (was 6 seconds).
        • Subtlety
          • Thief’s Bargain (PvP Talent) damage penalty reduced to 6% (was 10%).
    Last edited by Lumy; 2023-04-21 at 11:29 PM.

Blizzard finally remembered that Mages exist. Maybe they can start working on actually improving the class now?

Why exactly does HPriest need a 50% nerf to Divine Image AoE again? I was waiting for major buffs to at least make us competitive in M+. Wtf is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    Why exactly does HPriest need a 50% nerf to Divine Image AoE again? I was waiting for major buffs to at least make us competitive in M+. Wtf is this?
    Devs not playing their own game... I feel as though they want people running around spamming renew on targets. Renew hasn't been good in YEARS.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Blizzard finally remembered that Mages exist. Maybe they can start working on actually improving the class now?
    Yeah, Fire mages will be top 5 now. If you have auras and execute perfectly.

even with buffs mage feels so bad to play. my least fav class of the xpac.

They really ignored glacial spike?

Might as well just be an empty node and no one will care.

Maybe I can go back to Fire Mage again.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Devs not playing their own game... I feel as though they want people running around spamming renew on targets. Renew hasn't been good in YEARS.
    They are getting worse. To be honest. Splash out content and spend the next several weeks/months adjusting instead of proper ptr attention. It’s very transparent this expansion. Look at what tanks, hunters, etc went through and are STILL being adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    They are getting worse. To be honest. Splash out content and spend the next several weeks/months adjusting instead of proper ptr attention. It’s very transparent this expansion. Look at what tanks, hunters, etc went through and are STILL being adjusted.

You guys are horrible to make happy.. GIVE US MORE CONTENT. WE HAVE A CONTENT DROUGHT. - They give us more content.. TOO MUCH CONTENT. IT ISNT TESTED ENOUGH. MY CLASS IS 5% BELOW EVERYONE ELSE.

+ 1 mate... +1...
    Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DohnJoe View Post
    You guys are horrible to make happy.. GIVE US MORE CONTENT. WE HAVE A CONTENT DROUGHT. - They give us more content.. TOO MUCH CONTENT. IT ISNT TESTED ENOUGH. MY CLASS IS 5% BELOW EVERYONE ELSE.
    I have only ever wanted a balanced game. Make sure you know what I have said before you classify me. Blizzard’s narrative is clear. Stop being obtuse just to do so.

Its a HUUUGE mmo. There will NEVER be balance. Its a tipping scale always. It will always be that way when we demand new content..

I have only ever wanted a balanced game. Make sure you know what I have said before you classify me. Blizzard’s narrative is clear. Stop being obtuse just to do so.

Well you ask for the impossible...especially in this game. Blizzard does a horrible job of "Balancing". And in this game that will never ever happen. In fact I would love to know what MMO game ever made has been classified as "Balanced".

Quote Originally Posted by Shinchi Migi View Post
    Well you ask for the impossible...especially in this game. Blizzard does a horrible job of "Balancing". And in this game that will never ever happen. In fact I would love to know what MMO game ever made has been classified as "Balanced".
    No one including me is expecting perfection. WoW is far from that metric. Your logic is terrible. Since it cannot be fully balanced, you are just ignoring it all together. LIKE blizzard.

No one including me is expecting perfection. WoW is far from that metric. Your logic is terrible. Since it cannot be fully balanced, you are just ignoring it all together. LIKE blizzard.
    My logic is where I want it to be. I choose to have fun...Not bitch about everything.

Logic, like fun, is subjective. Not everything is fun for someone and not everything is logical for someone.

I don't pop off a monthly fee to bitch with others cause Blizzard isn't balancing my class correctly. It seems instead of being on here to moan and groan with us you should put your post on the official Blizzard site. Now that is logical.
    Last edited by Shinchi Migi; 2023-05-05 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinchi Migi View Post
    My logic is where I want it to be. I choose to have fun...Not bitch about everything.

Logic, like fun, is subjective. Not everything is fun for someone and not everything is logical for someone.

I don't pop off a monthly fee to bitch with others cause Blizzard isn't balancing my class correctly. It seems instead of being on here to moan and groan with us you should put your post on the official Blizzard site. Now that is logical.
    Got it all figured out, yeah? You must be a genius. People that pay money are not allowed to gripe about the quality of the service they get? Man, what euphoric bullshit world do you live in? Since you seem so keen on calling people out, let me do you the same solid. You literally took one persons' post (mine) about class balance and swung the pendulum ALL the way back to the other side to say "not bitch about everything". This is a forum to discuss point and whatever else this open community feels. So therefore, if someone posts an opinion, you say it doesn't fit here and "post on the official Blizzard forums". Seems a bit extreme that we aren't allowed to discuss things here without your blessing of what goes. Regardless, I care not to continue this discussion with someone who literally sums someone up with one post, and also tells a consumer they are not allowed to bitch about a product. Good day.

Got it all figured out, yeah? You must be a genius. People that pay money are not allowed to gripe about the quality of the service they get? Man, what euphoric bullshit world do you live in? Since you seem so keen on calling people out, let me do you the same solid. You literally took one persons' post (mine) about class balance and swung the pendulum ALL the way back to the other side to say "not bitch about everything". This is a forum to discuss point and whatever else this open community feels. So therefore, if someone posts an opinion, you say it doesn't fit here and "post on the official Blizzard forums". Seems a bit extreme that we aren't allowed to discuss things here without your blessing of what goes. Regardless, I care not to continue this discussion with someone who literally sums someone up with one post, and also tells a consumer they are not allowed to bitch about a product. Good day.

Damn Right..Good Day. Now that you done bitching I can move on to another topic.